Indigo // BTS Mafia AU

By heartbreakwriter27

"Why do they call you Indigo?" "It's the last color they see before they die." Cover by @hoseqx Some rankings... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thrity One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Fourty
Fourty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Epilogue
A little Q&A about the book
Surprise ;)
Indigo: Recon Chapter 1

Thirty Seven

54.5K 2.5K 4.7K
By heartbreakwriter27

I felt my body freeze up when he kissed me. My whole world shattered and my mind went blank. It was wrong, but it was right. The way his lips moved against mine had me breathless and hungry for more.

My hands tangled in his hair, pulling him as close as he could be. His hands roamed my body, setting a fire wherever they touched.

I was under his spell. When he bit my lip I gasped and he slipped his tongue into my mouth, pushing me back against the wall. My mind was void of all thoughts but him, I was hypnotized. And I couldn't help but notice the feeling of wrong start to disappear more and more with each kiss.

I wanted more. I needed more. He made me crave him, need him. It was like I was had this insatiable hunger, and nothing could satisfy me but him.

It felt like this was destined to happen. Like it was fate, something pulling us together, telling us no matter how hard we tried, we couldn't stay away from each other. We were the only ones in the room, not once thinking about the scene that happened moments before.

That is, until our phones rang.

The shrill noise that emitted from my phone was followed by a similar one from Yoongis, scaring the hell out of me. I squeaked and pushes him away, holding my hand to my heart as I caught my breath; feeling breathless from both the kiss and the scare.

Yoongi looked just as breathless as I was, if not more. If anything he looked frightened, which threw me for a loop. But when he reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, answering with a gruff 'hello', my mind finally regained its consciousness and I threw my hand over my mouth. Only one name kept repeating in my head over and over, and it wasn't the one I expected.

Jungkook.

Over and over, it was all I could think about. I had hurt him once when he kissed me, twice when I got with his best friend, and now this?

How could he ever forgive me?

I felt like crying, thoughts of his heartbroken face and tear filled eyes went through my head, and I choked back a sob. I wasn't even thinking about the one I loved, and that was a shock to me as well. It was like I knew Taehyung would be okay, not okay but, he wouldn't hate me. But Jungkook;

I feared I'd lose him.

My phone had stopped ringing when Yoongi walked away. I knew he was talking to Hoseok when he called him 'Hobi.'

I jumped again when my phone started ringing again. I feared the worst. Was it Namjoon, and he was going to scold me for leaving the house? Was it Taehyung, and he was going to ask if I was okay? Or would it be Jungkook, the one person I was most afraid to face right now.

It turned out to be neither when I looked at the contact number. I bit my lip and sighed, answering the phone quickly.

"Hey Jimin," I let out a shaky breath.

"Ara, oh my god why didn't you answer?!" He exclaims, worry clear in his voice.

"I'm sorry, I was a little flustered," I admit.

"I can imagine, I've been shot before too, are you okay?" He asks, not understanding what I had meant by flustered.

"I was grazed, I'm okay," I assure him.

"You had us all so worried here. Namjoon just about killed Jungkook and Jin for letting Yoongi take you. He'll be in trouble when he gets back too," Jimin says. "Hoseok's on the phone with him right now. He's not happy either. Why'd you leave?"

"Yoongi told me to go with him," I reply lamely. It sounded stupid now, I knew it was dangerous, and yet I let Yoongi just take me.

"Just get back here so I can hug you and make sure you're okay, okay?" Jimins words bring tears to my eyes, but I don't let them fall. In this moment I needed someone, and my usual suspects for comfort were not who I wanted to talk to, but Jimin was proving I had more people who cared about me than I thought.

"I will Jimin, I promise," I sniffle, smiling to myself.

"Bye Ara," I can practically hear his smile over the phone.

"Bye Jimin," I smile and hang up. I put my phone back into my pocket and jump when I see Yoongi standing by the counter, having entered the room again without me knowing.

"Hey," I gulp, looking him up and down.

"Hey," He says, looking at me with an unreadable expression. I wish I knew what he was thinking.

"They want us back," he scratches the back of his neck. I nod, stepping away from the wall.

"Yeah, we should..."

"Go," Yoongi finishes for me. I nod again, feeling my chest tighten with each awkward moment that passes. If I had known this would be the outcome of finally doing something about how I felt for Yoongi, I would have never done it.

Silently, Yoongi picked his keys out of his pocket and walked past me out the door. I followed him, my head spinning with questions.

What had actually just happened?

Did he really mean to kiss me?

Why does he seem like he regrets it?

Do I regret it?

His behavior threw me for a loop. Yoongi was usually cocky and confident, but now he seemed small and fragile. It was like if I touched him, he'd break.

The whole way back home it was silent, making me go insane. I wanted to talk, I wanted to get to the bottom of what happened before I went inside and faced everyone. I needed clarity, but it didn't look like Yoongi was going to give it to me.

"Yoongi I-"

"Were here," He cuts me off, turning off the engine and jumping out of the car. I gape at him as he walks towards the house, leaving me behind. I had found my answer.

I regretted it.

Breathing deeply I unbuckle my seatbelt and exit the car, following his path back to the house. As I get closer I hear a lot of yelling, but it's so loud I can't tell what they're saying, just that's it's definitely Yoongi and Namjoon...and Jungkook?

When I push open the door my eyes widen. Yoongi was up against the wall, Namjoon had him by the collar and he looked beyond rage at this point. Jungkook was next to him, yelling right at him, his knuckles bruised. I looked at Yoongis face and see a small, developing bruise on his cheek. Jungkook had punched him.

"Ara!"

My attention is taken away from the scene to Jimin, who's already engulfed me in the biggest hug of my life. The room turned silent when he did, and I heard Namjoon let go of Yoongi, the later falling to the ground with a thud.

"We were so worried!" Jimin says into my shoulder. I smile slightly, despite the churning in my stomach. When Jimin lets me go I lock eyes with Namjoon, who looks like he's about to cry.

He rushes to me, pulling me into a tight embrace. He shudders slightly, and I know he's trying not to lose it. He's trying not to cry.

"Don't do that ever again," He whispers shakily. I wrap my arms tighter around him, feeling emotional as well, tears now prickling my own eyes. "I cant lose you Ara, you're the only family I have left. You mean too much," Namjoon pulls out of the hug, looking me deep in the eyes. I nod and reach up, wiping away a tear that escaped his eye. He clears his throat and looks away, embarrassed to have cried.

"Ara," I turn to face the one person I didn't want to yet. Jungkook looks distraught, like he's been through hell. He looked like he had been crying, eyes puffy and red. It broke my heart a little, to see him like this.

"Jungkook I'm sor-" I try and apologize, but I'm cut off by another hug, only this one feels different. He holds me so close to his body I'm breathless, my heart hammering in my chest. I feel his lips on the top of my head and I close my eyes, feeling my heart swell at the gesture.

"Don't leave me like that Ara," Jungkook says quietly. He cups my face in his hands, looking me deep in the eyes. I feel entranced, stuck in my spot, frozen in time, looking into his eyes. "I don't think I could live without you," he leans his forehead against mine, closing his eyes. I close mine too, feeling like he and I were alone in the room, the moment was so intimate.

"I'll never leave you," I muster up the courage to say, opening my eyes and looking up at him. He opens his right after, all the words he's never said pouring out of them. The three words he's almost said the clearest.

"Ara," Taehyung's voice makes me and Jungkook jump apart. I turn and see him standing there and my eyes go wide.

"What are you doing?!" I yell, rushing to him. "Why are you up? You should be in bed, Jin said two months bedridden-"

"Jin let me come Ara," Taehyung smiles slightly, looking at my worried face. I relax a little, knowing he's calm and okay. Then it hits me.

They're all here.

To my left is Yoongi, holding his jaw and glaring at Taehyung and I. On my right is Jungkook, looking like a kicked puppy. And in front of me is Taehyung, the only one who looks to be okay.

If only he knew.

"Why would you risk her life by taking her out Yoongi?" Taehyung diverts his attention away from me to the dark haired man to my left. He grabs my hand, rubbing his thumb on the top of my hand in comfort as I feel the tension rise.

"Felt like it," Yoongi shrugs, acting as if nothing had happened. Like there was no man who tried to kill him and me, or a woman held hostage. Like nothing had happened between us.

"It was stupid and reckless you could have gotten her killed," Taehyung squeezes my hand, his anger starting to show. "How could you be so-"

"It was a mistake."

My mouth falls open at his words. He says them looking right into my eyes, the message clear.

A mistake.

I start to tremble, my lip quivering and my eyes watering but I hold it in. No one knew what had happened, and I guess no one would find out now. Because it was a mistake, that's all it was to him. It meant nothing.

"It'll never happen again," He says sternly. His stance falters a bit when he sees the hurt look on my face, his eyes softening and his mouth falling open slightly, but it only lasts a second, and his scowl is back.

"I'm tired," I announce to no one in particular. "I think I'm going to go to sleep."

I needed to get out of the room or I was going to combust. There were too many emotions running through me right now. Pain, guilt, betrayal, and heartbreak to name a few.

Taehyung's presence made me want to be swallowed up whole by the floor. Jungkook's made me want to crawl into a tiny ball. And Yoongi's made me want to crumble to my knees.

So I let go of Taehyung's hand, passed right by Jungkook who put his hand out for me to take, and bumped into Yoongi, hitting his shoulder as I passed by him to get to the stairs.

Then I ran.

I ran all the way to my room, probably leaving everyone downstairs very confused but I didn't care. I was breaking down, I never thought it was possible to have feelings for more than one person.

But I guess I was wrong.

-

So this was dramatic; didn't intend it to be at first but it's kinda just what happened.

Rn this is my favorite chapter I've written actually.

Ara finally acknowledges that maybe she has some unexplained feelings for more than one member of Bangtan.

Namjoon and Jimin while not a big part make my heart swell with happiness when they're with Ara.

Thank you guys for 27k! Everyday this story keeps growing and it's thanks to you 💕

Remember to comment, share, and vote!

~Amy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 450 8
You lived in a world where you were born eyes uncolored, only seeing shades of grey. The only way to see color was to finally fall inlove. OT7 X REA...
58.8K 1.9K 32
in which a girl hands min yoongi an umbrella [lowercase intended] social media au name insert fluff, fluff and soft yoongi swearing lol read with ne...
104K 3.6K 15
"You can never escape from me now Baby Boy" WARNING ☝☝☝ VIOLENCE, SMUT ARE IN THE STORY, IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THESE TYPE OF THEMES, GO BACK...
88.5K 2K 110
✔️ You've been added to a groupchat ranked - #47 on 방탄