Luke Hemmings Shorts

Από WhatsGoodCalumHood

Shorts about our favorite lead singer! *requests open for my followers and longterm readers only* [36 parts l... Περισσότερα

Requests + Contents
BGM - Your Child Misses Him While He's On Tour
BGM - He Comes Back From Tour For Valentine's Day
BGM - Baby Names
BGM - When He Gets Home From Work
DDM - When Mom's Away...
BSM - You Play A Prank On Calum
BGM - All Your Fault
BGM - Are You Sure?
BGM - Not Afraid
Soulmates - BGM
BSM - The W O R S T
BGM - Mermaid AU
BGM - I'll Miss You
BGM - Super Hero AU
BGM - You Wear His Clothes
BGM - Sunset
BGM - Soulmate AU
BGM - Gaps in the Leaves
BGM - Blue Box (1/2)
BGM - A Different Kind of Band (Blue Box part 2)
DDM - Hello Rose
BGM (?) - Don't Belong Here - pt1
BGM - First Christmas
BGM - Love Burns
BGM - Doodled Hearts
BGM - Shared Skin - Soulmate AU
BGM - Claws of Canines Werewolf AU (1/9)
BGM - Claws of Canines Werewolf AU 2
BGM - CoC Werewolf AU pt3
BGM - CoC Werewolf AU pt4
BGM - CoC - Werewolf AU - pt5
BGM - CoC - Werewolf AU - pt6
BGM - CoC - Werewolf AU - 7
BGM - CoC - Werewolf AU - pt8
CoC - Epilogue
BGM - Surprise?
BGM - Love(d)
BGM - When the Helmets Come Off
BGM - I'll Give You The Best Years

BGM - Hemmings 01

1.8K 47 182
Από WhatsGoodCalumHood

This was a tumblr request ⬅️ this is actually not what they requested Bc I misread but I'm too far in to scrap it now so enjoy this one too

Basically Luke is your school's star quarterback

High school AU

I tried to write this but it got unnecessarily angsty so here I am trying to fluff it out

Luke
"Y/N have you heard the news?" Your best friend, Michael, approached you at your locker as you were getting ready for Calculus.

You had noticed that the halls were buzzing with something, but you weren't sure what or why. You weren't directly in the school gossip loop, you simply didn't care to hear about every detail of the lives of the most popular kids, mainly the football boys and cheer girls. Besides, whenever something actually interesting happened Michael would tell you. "What? Were Calum Hood and Leigh caught making out in the closet instead of going to Psych again?"

"No-" Michael began excitedly.

Unfortunately you were feeling particularly sarcastic so you spoke over him, "or maybe Ashton Irwin fell asleep in Bio and Mr. Feldman pranked him awake, again?" You mused.

"Y/N I'm serious!" He rolled his eyes, "Luke and Ivy broke up! They're not going to homecoming together!"

Well it was more interesting than the usual news spreading about, "what? Why?" Okay maybe you were more interested than usual because it was Luke. Luke who had lived a few houses down from you your whole life. Luke that was your childhood best friend and who you and Michael used to hang out with in middle school. You used to have a thing for him even when he was short and scrawny with that stupid swoopy hair. Things were different when you got to high school, Luke tried out for the football team and as soon as he got on it it seemed you and Michael weren't priorities anymore. Honestly it was kind of a dick move, but you liked him enough to look past it. You let him be, and moved on with your life.

"She cheated on him with a football player from Lincoln High," Michael said grimly. Your jaw dropped. They were your rival school! Cheating was bad but that must have been betrayal too, especially since your team was going against theirs for the upcoming homecoming game.

"I know right," Michael whistled lowly, "that's a whoooole mess."

But then the bell rang, and as much as you loved gossiping, you loved being on time more, so you hurried off with Michael to Calculus without another real thought toward Luke.

He came up later though, from an unexpected source. You had just gotten home, dumping your backpack in your room and then going to hunt for snacks. Only your mother was in the kitchen and making arguably the best thing ever. "Who's Birthday did I forget?" You asked eagerly as you watched her pour the chocolate cake batter into the pans. You loved it when she made chocolate cake, which wasn't often.

"Nobody's," she laughed, "we were invited to dinner at the Hemmings' house tonight and I didn't want to go empty handed."

"Oh," you shrugged, "I guess I have to go if I want cake?" That was pretty much your only motivation at that point. You enjoyed Luke's family but it was always awkward seeing him no matter how polite the two of you were.

"Yep." She nodded with a smile, "so go put on something nice and meet me down here in an hour."

You sighed loudly. This event required dressing up too? You did it though, for the chocolate cake. You showered and put on nice black pants and a ruffled white blouse that made you feel like a pirate. You still had a few minutes, so you decided to text Michael before heading down.

Y/N.
Guess who has to go to the Hemmings household today?

Moikel:
HAHAHAHAHA!

Moikel:
Tell me if he's moping

Y/N:
Will do

"Y/N! COME ON! YOUR FATHER'S HOME SO WE CAN GO!" Your mother yelled in the direction of your room. You pocketed your phone and slipped on your black flats on the way down the stairs.

"I'm ready!" You smiled as soon as you saw the cake in her arms.

"Alright, we're going to walk down so you can lead the way," your father opened the door and gestured you out.

"I'm honored," you said as you walked outside and made a left at the sidewalk.

Your parents chatted behind you as you walked down the street to your destination. You had a little time to think on the way, and you ultimately decided you didn't care about Luke that much anymore, you would be free from your awkwardness and enjoy your dinner without worrying about him.

So, when you knocked on the door and he answered, wearing probably the tightest blue sweater known to man that really brought out his eyes and looked incredibly soft to the touch, you barely noticed.

"Hello Luke! How are you today?" You asked as your parents climbed up the steps behind you.

Luke seemed mildly surprised by your warm greeting, "I'm doing alright, thank you for asking. Hello Mr and Mrs. Y/L/N."

"Hi sweetie! Oh you've gotten so big!" You rolled your eyes as Luke moved out of the way to let you in and your mother immediately fawned over him. You always joked he was her favorite child.

"Mrs. Y/L/I, you saw me last week!" Luke giggled and stepped out of her reach.

"Luke! Are they here?!" You could here Jack yelling down the hallway. You had no idea why he was home from college, but you couldn't complain, he had always been nice to you even when Luke ditched you.

"Yea," Luke closed the door behind him, "they're here."

And so Jack came down the hallway as your mother and father went to see his parents, saying his greetings before stopping in front of you and Luke.

"Y/N!" He pulled you into a tight hug, "How's senior year so far? Isn't homecoming coming up? Do you have a date?"

You chuckled and pulled away, "senior year is good, yes homecoming is this weekend and no I don't have a date."

Jack shrugged, "just making sure there wasn't anybody I needed to have a chat with. Luke doesn't have a date either."

You nodded and pretended to be surprised even though you already knew and Luke likely knew that you knew.

"Boys! Y/N! Dinner!" Luke and Jack's mother, Liz, called down to you.

You and Jack raced down the hallway while Luke trudged behind you. Oh he was definitely moping. For once, you and Jack were allowed to sit next to each other which resulted in some pretty amazing jokes that Luke only groaned at. (What was his problem?) Then of course after dinner, you got a slice of heaven in the form of chocolate cake to eat.

"So Y/N," Mrs. Hemmings addressed you while you were savoring your dessert, "are you excited for the game and dance this weekend?"

You swallowed and nodded, "yeah, I've always loved homecoming."

"She's not going with anyone this year," your mother said like it was a secret, "Michael has a date."

"Michael Clifford?" Mr. Hemmings asked for clarification like he couldn't believe it.

"Yea, this girl named Crystal, he's liked her a long time," your mother was pleased. She'd been urging Michael to ask Crystal out for a long time before they got together and you had to agree that they made a good couple.

"Luke's going alone too," Liz sighed, "he and Ivy aren't together anymore."

Jack chuckled and elbowed his brother, "star quarterback doesn't have a date to homecoming in his senior year."

You couldn't see Luke past his brother, but you could imagine the deep frown on his face at that mildly low blow.

"Luke why don't you ask Y/N?" His mother suggested after a moment's pause, "You two would be so cute together!"

You could feel your face heating up and you looked straight down into your cake, wishing it would swallow you whole.

"That would be the most adorable thing!" Jack wrapped an arm around your shoulders and squeezed you tightly, "You totally should go together!"

"It's settled then," your mother clapped excitedly, "Y/N and Luke will go to the dance together."

"We'll get so many pictures," Liz gushed.

You went back to eating your cake, this was going to be the awkwardest homecoming ever.

You didn't say anything else to Luke before your family left, and you laid awake that night dreading going to school tomorrow and seeing him. Only Michael and Jack found the whole thing amusing, and you were annoyed with both of them for finding pleasure in your pain.

"Oh Y/N," Michael said when you met him at your locker the next day, "excited for your date with Hemmings tomorrow?"

You grunted, "piss off Michael tomorrow is the game, he'll be playing."

He cackled loudly as you pulled your locker open and shoved your things inside. His laughing stopped abruptly a moment later and you naturally assumed that it was because he was finally realizing what a dick he was being. You closed your locker, arms full of your History textbook, and immediately found yourself face to face with Luke.

"Whoa," you flinched, "you scared me."

"Sorry," Luke chuckled. Now you knew why Michael stopped laughing, it felt like him and everyone else in the hallway went silent to listen to you and Luke speaking. Great.

"So... what's up Luke?" You were slightly confused as to what he was doing there. You weren't expecting to see him until the next day.

He scratched the back of his neck and sighed, holding up his football jersey in his hands. You hadn't even noticed it at first. "Well since we're going to homecoming together, I thought you should wear my jersey today like all of the other players' dates."

You could feel yourself turning red again. He wanted you to wear his jersey? Like you were his girlfriend?

"Oh, alright, yeah I'll wear it," you took his (thankfully) clean jersey from his arms, struggling to balance your history things.

"Here," Luke took your textbook and notebook, "let me help, I'm going there anyway."

You smiled and snuck a glance back at Michael who was already looking back at you, shocked. You took a deep breath and pulled Luke's jersey on over your head. It was big on you like you knew it would be, falling halfway down to your knees and nearly down to your elbows.

"Looks good on you," he grinned and easily balanced both of your things in one arm so he could use his free hand to reach down and take yours.

You walked past Michael hand-in-hand with Luke on your way to history class, wondering what just happened.

It seemed other people wanted to know as well, because as soon as class was over and Luke had to rush off to Gym halfway across the school Leigh, wearing Calum's jersey and Renee, wearing Ashton's, approached you.

"Y/N! We didn't know you were with Luke!" Renee sounded genuinely delighted as Leigh took the jersey you were wearing in her hands.

"Let me help you with this, these things are huge," she giggled and expertly rolled it up so it was at your waist then tightened it and secured it behind you. The jersey definitely fit much better, clearly she had done that many times before.

"Thanks Renee, yeah uh we're going to homecoming together," you said as you picked up your things.

Leigh and Renee looked at each other then leaned in to whisper, "good."

"because Ivy is a real bitch, and Luke deserves better," Leigh smiled and patted your shoulder.

They then backed up and turned to leave, "see you around Y/N!"

You didn't see Luke again until lunch, you were going to third wheel with Michael and Crystal when you heard your name being yelled. You looked around as the whispers erupted again until your gaze leveled on Luke. There he was, at the table where the football players and their girlfriends sat. He was patting the seat on his right, which was open and apparently saved just for you.

You glanced over at the table where you usually sat by Michael and Crystal. They were both there, Michael caught your eye and waved you off, letting you know it was okay to sit with Luke.

Well aware that half the cafeteria was watching, you turned and headed toward Luke's table, smiling at everyone as you sat down. Luke immediately wrapped his arm around your lower back like it was habitual, and you found yourself enjoying his touch.

...

That night was the big football game. Luke had texted you, requesting that you arrived early so that he could see you before they had to warm up. You did as he asked, and ended up sitting so close to him your thighs were pressed together on one of the benches in the stands as he spoke about the game.

"I'm just kinda worried, you know? This is the homecoming game, we have to win!" You could feel him vibrating with excitement and anxiety intertwined together.

You patted his leg gently, "Luke, you're good at this, if you go out there and play your best nobody can complain if we win or if we lose."

He smiled a little and you felt it as some of the tension left his body. He ducked his head down to rest his cheek against your temple, "thanks for coming by the way, you make me feel a lot calmer." He hummed lowly, sending vibrations down your spine and making your nerves come alive.

Luke saying that to you made you feel warm and happy in a way you didn't expect. His romantic advances were sudden, but not unwelcome. "Is that why you invited me here?" You chuckled.

He paused for a moment, and his head pulled away from yours. You turned to look into his eyes, and all you saw was conflict as his mouth dropped open but no words came out.

Before he could say anything the coach was calling him, "Hemmings! Let's go!"

"See ya later babe!" He stood immediately and pressed a kiss to your temple before turning and jogging away.

You were left cupping your cheek as you felt yourself blush at everything that just happened. The kiss, the nickname, it made you happy in a way you didn't expect.

The cheer girls ran off the field as the football players took their places. You could easily see Leigh and Renee but also Ivy, who got a wide berth from the other girls. You almost felt bad for her. As the cheer girls ran into the locker rooms you pulled out your phone and just scrolled through social media, content to do nothing until the game started.

You would've. But you were interrupted.

A few minutes later Renee and Leigh were back with beads and face paint in your school's colors.

"We thought that you should get in the spirit Y/N!" Leigh said excitedly as she draped the beads over Luke's jersey that you were still wearing.

"Should I put the #1 on your right side or your left?" Renee frowned and studied your face.

That was Luke's number, 01 Hemmings. It had been on your back all day.

"I say right. Then maybe some dots around the left eye and over the right eyebrow," Leigh offered.

"Okay," Renee nodded to her before addressing you, "hold still!"

So you were the one front and center in the stands cheering your team on, and Luke specifically, wearing his jersey with his number. When he came down to the benches during halftime you got a smile and a wave, but you didn't see him face to face until the game was over.

The last few seconds were tense, you were tied with Lincoln but had possession of the ball. Everyone was on the edge of the benches waiting to see what Luke would do. The timer started and the ball snapped back to Luke. He only had a split second, but he feigned throwing the ball at Ashton, which managed to fool the player guarding Calum. He threw it Calum's way and you all held your breaths as members of both teams rushed toward it. It seemed like the ball was in the air forever, but when it got close, Calum jumped up to catch it, then made a mad dash toward their end zone, dodging one, two, three other players and diving in just before the timer ran out.

You'd won? You'd won!

Everyone rushed the field, screaming and crying as they ran in. The players immediately took their helmets off and surrounded Calum and Luke, congratulating them on a good job, but as soon as Luke saw you, he managed to worm his way down to where you were stuck and pull you into a bear hug. You were both running on adrenaline and insanely excited. He was sweaty and covered in patting but you didn't care because he was Luke and your team had just beat your rivals!

He looked down at you, and you stared up into his wide blue eyes.

"I like your face paint," he smirked and gently traced his numbers with his finger.

"Thanks," you grinned and pushed yourself up to be closer to him.

Luke got the message and leaned in. He was so close your eyelids fluttered shut. Your lips just barely touched when-

"HEMMINGS!" He was pulled back in by Calum who had finally made it back to the middle of the field.

Luke looked shocked, and then mouthed an apology at you. You waved him off, letting him know you were fine.

...

The next evening you were dressed, styled, and made up ready for the dance. Somewhere around four, a few hours before it began, Luke came over with Liz who was armed with her camera and ready for pictures. You went into the backyard and stood with Luke in every pose your mothers could think of while they documented the moment. The only good part was that Luke kept you laughing my mumbling stupid jokes in your ear just before the pictures were taken, getting a lot of praise from his mother.

Mostly, you just liked being close to Luke, you liked it when he held you and smiled. You liked the way his breath fanned over the back of your neck and he always found a way to be touching you.

He drove you to the dance after, insisting that you should take his car. He opened the passengers door for you and closed it once you were safely inside. Green Day stayed on the radio as you made the drive to school, and one of his hands kept ending up on your knee even though you pointed out the fact that it wasn't safe.

You got there a few minutes late, which was good because there was no line to get in, and you were able to move straight back to the dance floor. Everyone recognized Luke, and then looked down at you in shock. They couldn't believe he was at the dance with you. You didn't mind. You were content with the moment.

The first person you bumped into properly was Calum, who was dancing (grinding) with Leigh.

"Hey Luke!" He greeted his friend, "Y/N," he smiled at you.

"Hey girl!" Leigh broke away from her boyfriend to engulf you in a hug which you happily returned.

"Hi Leigh! Where's Renee?" You asked as you pulled back.

"Oh," she smirked, "her and Ashton disappeared as soon as it started."

Your eyes widened. You hadn't realized they were a thing, and maybe they weren't before, but it certainly seemed like something had changed.

Luke was pulling you back from your friend with a firm hand around your waist. Leigh gave you a knowing look and returned her attention to Calum.

"Let's dance, yeah?" Luke guided you deeper into the mass of people.

You were very okay with that, "yeah," you agreed as he pressed himself to your back.

The dancing was a lot, but you were interrupted a lot by people stopping to talk to Luke, and even you now that they realized the two of you were together. Not a lot of talking happened until the music abruptly changed to something slow, "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran.

Luke stopped and grabbed your hand to twirl you around, "may I have this dance?" He chuckled as his other hand came around your back.

"You may," you giggled and wrapped your arms around the back of his neck, something you were only really tall enough to do in heels.

The two of you swayed slowly, and you leaned in to rest your head on his shoulder. The close proximity reminded you of the day before, and the question he never answered.

"Luke," you asked quietly, knowing he'd hear you.

"Yeah baby?" He replied, sounding rather comfortable the way you were.

"Yesterday you were going to tell me something, but you got interrupted." It seemed a good time to ask him, nothing could interrupt you when you were so close and the song wasn't even half over.

"Hmm?" He seemed confused for a moment but then he remembered, "why I asked you along?"

"Yeah," you affirmed.

"Well," he sighed, "I know I was a jerk when we were freshman, I blew you and Michael off for football. I felt bad, but then I got sucked into the parties and the girls and all of it. But when I saw Ivy, who I thought I loved, all over that guy I wasn't even jealous. I know it sounds crazy but it was just so hollow and for show, like since she's the head cheerleader I'd have to like her. I never really did, I just thought so, which is probably why she cheated on me," he chuckled, "and I guess I was having kind of a hard time, but then you came over and I remembered how beautiful you were and how much I'd been missing you since we were younger. We had so much fun and I threw it all away." Luke paused, and looked down at you, "I wanted you back. I want you back, Jack must have noticed because he was totally my wingman." He chuckled and took a deep breath, "well here it goes. Y/N, I'm so sorry for being so stupid for so long. I know now that you're the one I want and that you've made me happier in the last few days than I have been in a long time. So, would you like to be my official girlfriend? I'd like to make you happy too."

In lieu of an answer, you pushed yourself up to kiss Luke just as the song ended. He tasted like mint and happiness and that's all you wanted.

"Well?" He had a dopey grin when you pulled away, still holding you close even as the music changed back to upbeat.

"Yes."

Thanks for reading, commenting, and voting!

this was long as shit so if you were wondering why I didn't update it's because I wrote some of it, didn't like it, got rid of it and wrote like 2/3 of this, realized it wasn't the request and tried to write that twice before finishing it.

But they're both done now!

And I'm going to sleep

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

75.3K 1.1K 128
Send in your requests if you have any and I will try to write them up...considerin I have a lot of free time on my hands! XD Also I have some that ar...
39K 594 52
This is for the 5sos Fam that are out there! Requests are open. Hope you like it!!!
16K 191 12
Just some one shots about my OTP Lashton. They're all written by me unless said differently. Requests are open.
37.3K 349 24
Just some preferences I made up. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them! *I am no longer active on this platform. Please go to...