Crescendo: A Fantastic Beasts...

By xAtelox

It's 1927 when Tina receives a letter from Newt informing her that he will be returning to New York. During h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57

Chapter 30

2.2K 83 35
By xAtelox

       Tina stepped under the large marquee, with Newt by her side, and was immediately blasted by a warm wall or air, despite the frigid winter weather outside. Queenie was standing at the front of the aisle, talking animatedly to Jacob.

       "Queenie, did you use magic to heat this place up?" Tina asked, with raised eyebrows as she approached her sister.

       Queenie looked at the ground sheepishly. "Maybe...But look, Teenie," she added under Tina's disapproving stare. "I have space heaters around the perimeter, the guests will just think the warmth is from those!

       There were indeed multiple space heaters stationed around the edge of the tent. At the front of the tent, there was a large open space, with a podium in the middle, from which hung a wreath of flowers. Dozens of fold-out chairs had been arranged in neat rows, and behind the chairs was another empty space, which was mainly taken up by a buffet table. Wedding bells, balloons, and more flowers decorated the area, and the aisle had been lined with bouquets.

       Tina sighed. "I'll let it slide, since today's your wedding day," she said warningly, but she couldn't keep a smile from spreading across her face. The atmosphere was just too joyous.

       "The guests should be arriving at any moment," Jacob informed, bouncing on the balls of his feet to peer over Tina and Newt.

       "Queenie, you'd better get dressed, then," Tina said. "Newt, can you stay here and tell them where to sit? Jacob will need to get ready too, and you're the only one left, since I'll be helping Queenie..."

       Newt looked nervous at the idea of greeting total strangers, but agreed nevertheless. "Yes, of course," he said, pulling at his bow tie apprehensively.

       Tina flashed him a quick, grateful smile, knowing how hard it was for the socially awkward Englishman to interact with other humans. It was the same for her, really, although her case wasn't as severe.

       "Thanks, Newt," Queenie chirped. "You're real sweet."

       The blonde witch turned to Jacob, who grinned at her both excitedly and nervously. "Well," he said, as he headed off to change into his tuxedo. "I'll see you in a bit!" 

       Queenje waved happily at him, and she and Tina headed off into the opposite direction, ducking through a flap in the marquee tent that led to an enclosed changing room. Tina caught a glimpse of Newt standing in the aisle awkwardly, anticipating the guests. 

       In the changing room, Queenie's wedding dress hung neatly from a hanger, a pair of glittering high heels on the floor next to it. There was a mirror at one side of the room, and a small table with a variety of makeup items lying on it.

       "I'm so excited, Teen!" Queenie squealed. "I can't believe I'm getting married!"

       "I'm truly happy for you," Tina told her sister as she gave her a hug. There was a trace of sadness in her voice, though. The Auror couldn't help but feel a little remorseful at the thought of her beloved younger sister going away to live in an apartment with Jacob, after all the years they had spent together, raising and looking after the other. 

       "Aw, Teenie," Queenie sighed. "I won't be moving out right away, I can still stay with you for a bit!" she said, in hopes of trying to cheer Tina up.

       Tina felt a deep stab of guilt at being so selfish on her sister's wedding day. "Don't worry about me," she replied quickly. "I'm fine. Now, why don't you put your wedding dress on?"

       Queenie's eyes, if possible, became brighter as she caught sight of her pale pink dress. Tina turned away respectfully as her sister changed into it.

       "A little help here?" Queenie requested, and the brunette spun around.

       Queenie was struggling to tie the pink ribbons of the dress that circled around her waist. Tina hurried over to help, her nimble fingers tying an elegant knot, which let the ends of the ribbons cascade gracefully down Queenie's waist.

       Tina stood back, and let her sister spin in a circle, admiring the full effect of the wedding dress. Queenie looked even more stunning than she had in the dressmaker's shop. The silk flower at her waist added a unique flair to the dress, and the long, tapered sleeves wrapped gently around Queenie's slim arms.

       "Accessories!" Tina announced enthusiastically. She wasn't usually this eager about fashion, but as she was helping her sister get ready for her wedding, it was a different situation.

       Queenie walked over the the small table, which in addition to makeup, contained drawers filled with jewelry. She pulled out several of them and examined the contents.

       "I've thought about it, and I think that pearls would go best with my dress, wouldn't you agree?" Queenie spoke, dangling a pearl necklace from her fingers.

       Tina nodded, deciding to just go with it, since Queenie's extensive fashion tastes exceeded her own by far. She helped her sister fasten the necklace from behind.

       "And earrings?" Tina suggested.

       "Definitely!" Queenie nodded, taking out a pair of matching pearl earrings from the drawer and putting them on. 

       Tina pulled opened another drawer, and this one was filled to the brim with hair accessories. "What do you want to use?" she asked Queenie, who had begun riffling through them.

       "I'll know it when I see it," the blonde said confidently, still sorting through the plethora of accessories.

       Tina joined her in her hunt. She caught sight of a simple decoration of entwined vines, and held it up for Queenie's approval. Her sister scrutinized it for a moment before shaking her head.

       "Nah," Queenie decided. "But I think I'm going to go for something plant-like, maybe a flower to match the one on this wedding dress."

       "Flower it is," Tina agreed, and she combed through the accessories for anything that resembled a flower. 

       It turned out that the majority of the accessories were flower related, so they had a wide expanse of options. However, nothing seemed to suit Queenie's taste. Tina showed her a small felt rose, a brightly colored dahlia hairband, and a hairpin in the shape of a lily, only to put them back down again when Queenie frowned and shook her head.

       They were nearing the bottom of the pile when Queenie let out a dramatic gasp. "This is perfect!" she exclaimed.

       In her hands sat a hairpin with a large, coppery pink carnation decorating the top of it. Tina nodded in agreement as Queenie pinned it to her curly hair. It shone with radiance among the golden curls, and Tina thought that it completed the look perfectly.

       "That's the one," the older Goldstein sister confirmed.

       Queenie smiled at her before turning to face the mirror. Tina watched as she examined her reflection, turning this way and that. She slipped on her glittering heels and hesitated at the small table.

       "Do you think I should wear any makeup? I mean, I probably ought to, but you know, I want my wedding to be kinda more on the natural side..." Queenie debated.

       "You don't need makeup," Tina said firmly. "You're beautiful without any."

       Queenie grinned at her sister. "You're the best, Teenie."

       "I know I am," Tina replied jokingly.

       The sounds of the guests were starting to filter through to where they were standing, a murmur of mingled conversations lingering in the air. Tina chuckled slightly as her mind wandered to Newt, who must be close to overwhelmed by now, then immediately felt bad for not being able to help him.

       "That's okay, Teen. Newt can take care of himself," Queenie told her.

       "You're right," Tina agreed, although she glanced towards the main area once more.

       "I wonder if Jacob's ready," Queenie said anxiously. 

       "I'm sure he is," Tina reassured. "It's your wedding, after all!"

       Queenie beamed at her, and looked at herself in the mirror again, adjusting the necklace. "I'm so nervous," she confided, "but really, really excited too!"

       Tina smiled at her sister, a rush of affection flooding over her. "Don't be nervous," she said comfortingly. "Today's your big day, and I'm going to make sure you have the time of your life."

       "You're so sweet, Teenie. I don't know what I did to deserve you," Queenie said as she enveloped her in a hug.

       Tina patted her back. "You didn't have to do anything," she murmured. "I'm your sister, and I'll always be here for you."

       "I know," Queenie said softly.

       Tina would be the one to walk Queenie down the aisle today, since both of their parents had passed away due to a severe bout of Dragon Pox. The brunette didn't mind her job at all. In fact, she was glad to have a chance to play the role in such an important event in Queenie's life.

       "Come on," Tina said, smiling. "We have to be ready, the wedding will be starting at any moment."

       The voices of the guests were louder now, punctuated by the occasional laugh or chuckle. It sounded as though all of the invitees had arrived. Although there weren't many people, just Jacob's family and some friends of Queenie's from work, along with Tina and Newt, it was still a merry bunch.

       Chiming, classical, wedding music began to swell from outside under the marquee, and Queenie gasped. "That's our cue!" she whispered, her voice buzzing with anticipation.

       Tina smiled at her, and hooked her arm through her sister's. "Ready?" she asked.

       Queenie met her gaze. "Ready as I'll ever be."

       The Goldstein sisters walked through the changing room and into the marquee, where they began to head slowly down the aisle. Jacob was standing at the front, wearing a tuxedo, and an old man dressed in pastor robes was at the podium, an old book opened in front of him. Jacob's face lit up as he caught sight of Queenie, and she beamed back, equally thrilled. The guests had started clapping, and their eyes were fixed on the bride and her sister as they glided down the aisle. Wedding bells were tinkling gently in the background, accompanied by the music. Flower petals had been scattered down the aisle, courtesy of the flower girl.

      Queenie looked even more dazzling than she had been earlier, and she was positively glowing with beauty. Tina thought that she could almost see an aura of pure joy emanating off her sister, and the truest and most radiant smile was blooming across Queenie's features. They reached the front, and Tina slipped her arm away from Queenie's. The blonde paused for a moment, and locked gazes with Tina. Decades worth of memories flickered between them, filled with love and affection. Queenie's eyes were smiling, grateful, and Tina gave her a small nod, urging her to go on.

       Tina quickly sat down beside Newt in a reserved front row seat, while Queenie walked on until she was standing beside Jacob. When she reached him, it seemed as though her glow was even brighter, flooding the room with a sense of infinite happiness and love. 

       The wedding guests stopped applauding, and became quiet once Queenie and Jacob were standing beside each other. The old man in the church robes began speaking in a wheezy, but somehow still formal, voice.

       "We are gathered here today to witness the momentous union of Jacob Kowalski and Queenie Goldstein..."

       Tina could not stop smiling as she gazed at her sister and Jacob. A warm, sunny feeling coursed through her, pulsing through her veins. The two sisters had come so far, from raising each other as orphans, to seeing one of them getting married. She glanced to her side to see that Newt was grinning, too. 

       "....of two faithful souls reaching the beginning of an endless journey of love and devotion..."

       Mrs. Kowalski was crying silently into a hankercheif at the end of the row, while Mr. Kowalski had broken down completely and was sobbing on the floor, blowing his nose into his wife's hankercheif with loud, trumpeting noises. 

       "Do you, Jacob Kowalski, take Queenie Goldstein, as your wife?"

       "I do," Jacob announced loudly and firmly, beaming at Queenie.

       "And do you, Queenie Goldstein, take Jacob Kowalski as your husband?" 

       "I do," Queenie affirmed joyfully.

       "Then I declare you husband and wife."

       Queenie and Jacob kissed, and the guests burst into applause. Mr. and Mrs. Kowalski were still crying, Mr. Kowalski positively weeping now with his face in his hands. Newt was clapping vigorously beside Tina, smiling up at his two friends. As Tina clapped along fiercely, an overwhelming sense of love and pride for her sister flooded through her, and a happy tear trickled slowly down her nose, falling silently into her lap.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 214 45
The tale unfolds when a gentle Hufflepuff lad, fond of magical creatures, encounters the vivacious and chaotic Slytherin girl. The twists and turns o...
90.8K 4.3K 46
Tina wakes up in a hospital in 1925 after a difficult mission. Her head aches terribly and is wrapped tightly with a clean, white bandage. At first...
53.9K 1.4K 25
Your mother had always told you that magic was real and meant to find you again, even after she passed away. You didn't know how right she was until...
102K 3.5K 34
This story used to be called Newt and Tina but I've changed the name because it wasn't really much of a title. It was written before the existence of...