Akane Kuran: The Unwanted [Va...

By itschayse

I was the unwanted one. The one that my family just wanted to throw away. The monster, the one they all hated... More

Chapter One: Betrayal
Chapter Two: Friend
Chapter Three: Happy Birthday
Chapter Four: The Gift
Chapter Five: Punishment
Chapter Six: The Kiss
Chapter Seven: True Feelings
Chapter Eight: The Lost Hunter
Chapter Nine: New Friend
FlashAquarius (I had to... ._.)
Chapter Ten: Roommates
Chapter Eleven: The Secret
Chapter Twelve: Outside
Chapter Thirteen: Pain
Chapter Fourteen: Scandal
Chapter Fifteen: Kuran
Chapter Sixteen: Vampire
Chapter Seventeen: Goodbye
Intermission
Chapter Eighteen: Guard
Chapter Nineteen: Cross Academy
Chapter Twenty: The Talk
Chapter Twenty-One: Common Hatred
**Random Question**
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Voice
Chapter Twenty-Three: Rendezvous
Chapter Twenty-Four: Bickering in the Sunlight
Chapter Twenty-Five: Truth
Chapter Twenty-Six: Hunger
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Fang of Repentance
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Concern
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Protection
Chapter Thirty: St. Chocolatle's Day
Chapter Thirty-One: Birthday Party
Chapter Thirty-Two: Happy Memory
Chapter Thirty-Three: Son
Chapter Thirty-Four: New Student
Chapter Thirty-Five: Interogation
Chapter Thirty-Six: Bloodlust
Authors Note
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Date
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Confession
Soar
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Town
Chapter Forty: Little Boy
Chapter Forty-One: Mind Games
Chapter Forty-Two: Terror
Chapter Forty-Three: Him
Crimson Heart [Vampire Knight Fan-Fic]
Chapter Forty-Four: Peak
Chapter Forty-Five: Control
Chapter Forty-Six: Secrets Revealed
Chapter Forty-Seven: Arrival
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Dance
Chapter Forty-Nine: Twin
Chapter Fifty: Shizuka
Chapter Fifty-One: Princess
Chapter Fifty-Two: Friend
Chapter Fifty-Three: Horrid Remembrance
Chapter Fifty-Four: Challenges
Chapter Fifty-Five: Nightmare
Chapter Fifty-Six: Wake-Up Call
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Precious
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Shi-chan
Hello! (Q&A?)
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Weak
Chapter Sixty: Surprise
Chapter Sixty-One: Sacrifice
Chapter Sixty-Two: Nightmare
Chapter Sixty-Three: Worthless
Chapter Sixty-Four: Fear
Chapter Sixty-Five: Revenge
Chapter Sixty-Six: Goodbye (Pt. 1)
Chapter Sixty-Seven: Goodbye (Pt. 2)
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Lies
Chapter Sixty-Nine: Submit
Q&A
Chapter Seventy: Mission
Chapter Seventy-One: Help
Chapter Seventy-Two: Enough
A/N: Editing?
Chapter Seventy-Four: Favor
Chapter Seventy-Five: Pathetic
• Sincerely, Akane •
Chapter Seventy-Six: Goodbye
Chapter Seventy-Seven: Patience
Chapter Seventy-Eight: Save

Chapter Seventy-Three: I'm Here

1K 36 6
By itschayse

Third Person POV

The predator began to stalk its prey. A grin was spread across the Aristocrat's face, a grin plastered there by Rido Kuran.

However, one person stood in his way.

"Hello, Kuran," he cooed deviously. "Tonight is a wonderful night. Wouldn't you agree?"

"Don't play me as a fool, Rido," Kaname spat. "I know exactly what you're here for."

"Do you?" the Aristocrat asked with a sly smile. "You think you're so clever, yet you can't even see what's right under your nose."

In the blink of an eye, a hand wrapped around his throat. He looked unfazed by Kaname's sudden action. In fact, you could even say he looked pleased.

"You're so rash," he mustered as Kaname's grip on him tightened. "If you think you're hurting me you're wrong. All you're doing is hurting the one your beloved sister loves."

If anything happened to Senri, Akane would break. Kaname knew this. He knew their past together and he knew how he was there for her when she needed someone.

Especially when he couldn't be there for her.

Senri was a light for Akane to follow. He was her first friend that she could trust after being misleaded. If that light disappeared, who knows what the result would be.

The first time that happened she changed and it wasn't for the better. However, being reunited with him again, and even Ikuto, brought that side of her back.

Now they were in the present. Rido had taken him away from her again. Except this time things were different. Ikuto was preoccupied, away from the academy, and Senri wasn't taken away instantly. He was there but not in his mind. Rido had trapped his consciousness elsewhere, making room for him to take over. All of this was a plan to make her break once more.

Would she?

"I won't kill this boy," the Pureblood said, releasing his grip on Rido. "I wouldn't hurt my sister more than you made her believe I did."

"Haha, you have hurt her, Kaname," Rido said. "She's trying so hard to deny it but it's true. All you and your parents have done is hurt her, neglect her. She'll never forget what you've all done!"

A crazed look spread across his face. Kaname stayed silent and the Aristocrat smiled deviously.

"You know everything, don't you?" Rido asked as his face settled. "It makes sense. After all, you drank her blood. Was it delicious? I must say, it might be the best thing I've ever tasted."

The Pureblood ignored his question. "Your plan won't work. You might say she is denying the truth, but the only thing she is denying is the lies."

"Kaname, Kaname, Kaname..." Rido shook his head. "Whenever she denies it she is simply faced with the truth once more. She'll never unsee those painful memories."

"Memories you put there. You have no reason to keep her in your grasp any longer, so why keep her from knowing the truth?"

Rido tilted his head. "She hasn't given me everything I want yet. I need to become stronger...." Kaname's eyes narrowed. "....to take what is mine!"

The sound of thunder could be heard in the distance. It made Rido chuckle.

"Have I made you angry?"

"I'll tell you one thing, Rido...." Kaname clenched his fists. "You won't bring Akane down to your crazed level."

Rido chuckled as he held his hand out in front of him. "It's in her blood, Kaname, and you know exactly why. She might not have my mismatched eyes but she does have that blood-red hue to them. All she needs to do is get one taste of blood...." He clenched his hand into a fist. "....and there goes the sweet little girl you care about."

The Aristocrat turned away.

"I can tell that I won't be able to see my beloved tonight so I must get going....but I'll be back. After all..." Rido paused. "My daughter would do anything to protect this boy."

It was a painful truth but Rido wasn't wrong. There was a possibility of his kin going insane with the taste of blood. An even higher chance if it's the blood of someone they care deeply about.

However, Akane was different. Even if that lust is something she was born with, she has had such a strong will against it. She fears so much of hurting someone, she'd rather hurt herself.

The cost of that choice had began to take its toll on her. Despite being of the highest vampire class, she was even weaker than an Aristocrat. She did have some of the powers Pureblood's possess, such as reading minds or telekinesis, yet if she was injured in any spot fatal, for even a mere human, she could become nothing but ash.

Maybe things would've been different if she wasn't deprived of so much as a child. Maybe she wouldn't have such a strong urge for blood if she was let alone, if she wasn't used by her father.

Would she ever taste blood?

What if she doesn't? Would she blow away with the wind? If she does, would she go insane?

Akane's POV

What are you doing?

I felt myself sink deeper and deeper into the water. I knew I was crying but the tears would disappear with the cold liquid that surrounded me. I couldn't help it.

I had enough of the pain. I couldn't give in to my beastly desires. I knew it was just getting worse, so the only thing to do was to remove myself from the picture.

If I was gone, no one would suffer anymore. Rido wouldn't have a reason to control Senri. He'd be set free. Ikuto could continue to live his life...I have ruined him enough.

I wouldn't be a burden anymore.

I closed my eyes and smiled.

I'm doing what's best.

It became hard to breathe. It even became painful. I didn't care. This pain was nothing compared to what I have experienced before.

My body began to feel numb. I reached my hand out in front of me, seeing the glowing moon shining between my fingers. That wasn't a sign to save me. It was a sign saying farewell.

Goodbye, cruel world.

I closed my eyes to accept my fate when something suddenly grabbed me and pulled me towards the shining moonlight above. I didn't want this, yet I was too weak to fight back.

I kneeled over on the concrete beneath me and began to cough up water. I slowly felt what little strength I had before returning. I felt a hand being placed against my back which made my eyes go slightly wide.

"Akane, are you okay?!"

I knew that voice better than I wanted to admit I did. I lowered my head and clenched my fists.

"Why...." I rasped.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the figure next to me reach her other hand towards me, but I fiercely slapped it away.

"Don't touch me!"

I stood suddenly but nearly fell over from my abrupt action. The girl caught me.

"Please, Akane, let me help you!"

I took a quick glance at the girl. She looked just like my friend, well, with longer hair. No, she wasn't my friend. How could she be? I didn't want to believe it was true, yet here she was right in front of me.

My sister had been awakened.

The one I hated.

Did I hate her?

Don't fall for her lies, Akane.

....but she saved me.

The girl I had always thought loathed me. The one I thought took everything from me....just saved me when I had given up on myself.

I collapsed, taking Yuuki down with me. Her arms were still wrapped around my abdomen for a few more seconds.

"Why...." I asked myself again. "Why would you save me?"

Her eyes widened. "You're my sister. I care about you too much to let you die."

I perked my head slightly up and we locked eyes. She smiled gently at me. How could I hate her after this?

She was only fooled into believing a sea of lies.

Words echoed through my mind. They were Yuuki's thoughts, yet they were in Kaname's tone. A sea of lies...?

I honestly didn't truly know what to believe anymore. I've had new recollections. Ones that could totally overshadow the memories I had lived with this whole time.

Only because they felt real.

When I would witness the joyful times with my family I felt something genuine with them. They actually filled my heart with joy.

Even seeing Yuuki filled me with something.

My head began to throb.

DON'T DENY IT. I WON'T LET YOU.

Moments after the screaming in my head ceased I saw the painful memories once more. I saw the times that I had been abused by Juuri and Haruka, and even Kaname's betrayal.

I saw their faces etched with hate as they gazed down at me. I felt exactly how I did when I heard that Kaname would be betrothed to my unborn sister, leaving me in the dust.

It hurt.

It hurt a lot.

Yuuki's arms suddenly wrapped around me.

"I know everything, Akane. I know how you are suffering. How you were taken away from us..." Yuuki struggled to speak because she started to cry. "I'm here for you, okay?"

Something happened in that moment. I kept on seeing the harmful memories of my past, yet they didn't seem to effect me as much as they did seconds before.

You're a fool.

Without realizing it, I started to cry as well. I wrapped my arms tightly around my sister, who I loved unconditionally.

"Thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 101 29
Oka Ruriko is the last of her family, who is believed to be completely lost forever. But when Oka starts attending Cross Academy at the request of on...
252K 6.8K 28
**UNDERGOING EDITING** Sakura is the unknown daughter of Juuri and Haruka Kuran. No one knows of her existence except the Kuran family. Why? To prote...
149K 3.9K 19
The Tsukumo family was a powerful and kind pureblood family. The two parents had a daughter, who inherited a great amount of power, that was sealed i...
2.1K 76 6
This is how I wanted the story to end in the Vampire Knight, Anime. So since we don't always get what we want, I wrote my own ending to this fantasti...