His Wildcard ( Shoto Todoroki...

By ALostLoner

In a world where everyone is special. There will always be one wildcard who can stand out against them all. Y... More

The Passport (Prologue)
(Ch.1) Meetings & Greetings
(Ch.2) Your Determination
(Ch.3) The Cheat
(Ch.4) Patched Up
(Ch.5) Quirk Apprehension Test
(Ch.6) The Nurse
(Ch.8) Damaged
(Ch.9) Attempts
(Ch.10) Prep

(Ch.7) Spontaneous Sparring

5K 185 188
By ALostLoner

Going back to the Todoroki's house was going to be tiring. You knew Shoto wouldn't wait for you, but there was still a glimmer of hope as you came up to U.A.'s gate. You tried not to seem too disappointed at his absence. The tiredness from Recovery Girl's quirk tugged at your mind. Shrugging it off, you let yourself admire the azure sky above.

After walking alone for a while, you arrived at your destination. The happiness of coming home vanished as you remember the problems from earlier today.

"All by yourself..."

Only you understood this quirk, at leas, the only one in this country who understood it. Plus, you weren't going to ask your mother for help anytime soon. She would just try to make you use it the same way she does. So you were going to figure this all out by yourself. Get your own fighting style, and make yourself unique despite being another copy of your mother.

You will do this yourself.

No teacher or parent can tell you otherwise. It was a little suffocating and lonely to do it by yourself, but you knew you had too.

So, maybe, to form this new fighting style, you should practice on another hero in training?

You came inside, closing the door behind you.

The whole reason you were thinking about approving your quirk was for a couple of reasons, but it was mainly one idea which had pushed you.

It seemed dark, but you might die at this school if you don't figure out this quirk once and for all. It started out as a feeling, but now you knew. Using this quirk the way you are now might permanently destroy you later on. The aching of your left arm proved this point.

Throwing your stuff into your room, you also threw comfortable workout clothing on. You ignored the fatigue which clawed at your system, begging you to go to bed.

You could push passed it with your quirk. Not healthy, but it's ideal if you want to carry out your plan today.

Wandering the hallways, you became lost quickly. Heh...

Didn't this house have a yard of something? Atleast, some place you won't hit a wall or hurt someone during your training? Or better yet, somewhere no one cared if your blood spilled?

Yeah...

Outside's probably the best option.

Wandering the halls aimlessly, there were no signs of life.

Where is everyone?

Your first thought was to continue being lost, but your next thought told you otherwise. This is a good opportunity.

Time for the first part of your training; to try changing one of your senses and find Shoto.

Standing in the middle of the hallway, you closed your eyes to focus on changing your body. Embracing the feeling of your ears morphing and becoming sensitive to noise, you began to hear someone.

Heavy breathing and the crunching of grass could be heard up ahead. It must be Shoto practicing outside. You should go join him; you can help each other.

Making your way to Shoto, you nearly missed it, but your ears caught the subtle scribbling of a pencil on paper in one of the other rooms. Probably, Fuyumi working on paperwork or something. Guess this shows the extent of your hearing. Pretty damn powerful.

Walking towards the panting, they became louder until you finally slid open one of the outside doors, revealing Shoto. Shoto looked engrossed inside his thoughts as he threw punches.

"Hey, I found you."

Shoto jumped in surprise, arm still outstretched mid-swing toward an imaginary enemy in front of him.

"(L/n)?" Shoto whispered under his breathe.

"Yeah." You jumped off the patio and onto the grass letting your bare feet touch the ground. "I haven't said anything about it so far, but I'd like it if you call me (Y/n)! Makes me feel more at home if you don't mind!" You also didn't like only Endeavor calling you (Y/n), but you didn't mention that part to him.

"SURE!"

Wincing, you stepped backward, hitting the back of your legs against the patio. Shoto was loud which was uncharacteristic of him.

Wait, was he loud or...

"YOU OKAY, (L/--- (Y/N)?"

Mentally face palming, you tried to turn off the sensitive hearing. Which was, oddly enough, easy to do. You'll figure that out later.

"Just peachy after Recovery Girl's work. She is really cool, but I hope you don't have to meet her anytime this year." You walked closer to him.

"What are you doing?"

He gave a straight to the point answer, "Training."

Making an 'o' with your mouth, you looked off to the side. "Well, did you want to try practicing together?"

Shoto gulped, narrowly avoiding the fiery gaze you shot him. You felt a surge of excitement burn through your blood. Shoto has to have been training for years, so if he spars with you...

You might be able to copy a couple of his moves.

Just so you can catch you up a bit.

All you knew in life so far, was how to take care of a sick or injured person. Along with all the different types of medicines and procedures, you perform on those hurt people. So you really didn't know all that much about combat.

After all, you had wanted to go into the medical industry not this job...

In this job you've already seen people get mangled, killed, and obliterated in the blink of an eye. Seeing the patient stabilized as a doctor is different than seeing a person die right in front of you in a situation where you could have saved them if you were just.... just fast enough, just strong enough, or just enough.

But this was all beside the point.

You're trying to become a hero, and there's nothing you can do about it. Unless you want your mother to hunt you down, you will comply to her whims.

"(Y/n)?"

You blinked back to reality. You must have been out of it there.

"Sorry, I was just thinking." You placed yourself a couple of feet in front of Shoto. "We can start now."

Shoto looked at you curiously before leaping forward to push you. Jumping to the side, you did this half successfully, as you tripped over your own feet.

So much for full body awareness...

Using your quirk, you boosted your agility and managed to pass the mistake off as a backflip.

Landing on both feet, Shoto continued to try to hit you. On the defense, you watched each coordinated movement of Shoto's. The way the muscles of his arms moved, and how his defined body turned with the punch. You stored all of this in your mind.

For purely scientific purposes, of course.

Shoto seemed to be getting frustrated as his punches started to become sloppy. Why wasn't he using his quirk? Wouldn't this help him immbolize you?

It was a tiny, itty bitty bit unfair that your quirk had to do with your body and Shoto's didn't. At least in this situation, with your quirk, you would be able to take him out easily with enhanced strength. Even when you had nearly no experience in fighting. It was just the way the scale had tipped, but if the fight were long-ranged, you'd be in trouble.

Long range must be Shoto's speciality... If you two were a team, you'd be able to balance each other out pretty well.

Close-combat and long-ranged combat perfectly split between you two.

Well, close to perfect.

Tripping over a hidden rock, you fell onto your butt. Shoto stopped himself from tripping over and falling right on top you. Chuckling, you smiled up at Shoto. You needed to encourage him out of his frustration.

"Nice job, but did you not want to use your quirk? I'm not sure if you noticed, but I'm definitely using mine..."

Shoto stared blankly before offering a hand to help you up.

"I can..."

Smiling wider you nodded, grabbing his hand and letting him lift you back up. Down on the grass, you had gotten a nice view of the sky becoming rosier in appearance. It's getting later. You'll have to end this training before it gets too dark.

"Cool, I'll emit though, I'm kind of curious about your quirks. Don't you have fire and ice?"

Shoto nodded quietly. "Yeah..."

You shrugged off his sudden coldness.

"Alright, then I'll be the one on offense this time, and you can be on the defense!" You tried to get him more excited at the idea of using his quirks. He didn't make his enthusiasm present if he had any. It kind of reminded of your feelings about your quirk. You still hated using it, too. But now you know it's necessary...

You know, its just a hunch, but maybe his hesitation of using his quirks had to do with his family...

Getting back into the original setup, you started off with the same push he had done to you in the beginning. Only slightly changed with your enhanced speed and reflexes. Shoto moved to the side like you had, but instead of getting out of the way completely, he pushed you back, letting ice curl up your right arm.

Damn, that's cold!

Yelping in shock, you back away from his gentle freezing induced touch. Distance came between the two of you, again. Smirking, an idea came to mind. You let the temperature of your body skyrocket. The woman who had burned you had a body temperature control quirk. So in return for hurting you, you'll just borrow her technique.

The Ice evaporated cleanly off your arm.

Shoto's eyes narrowed, calculating the ability. The disadvantage was obvious, but he didn't say anything. He must have wanted the challenge.

"Nice try, Mister Hero."

Sticking your tongue out at Shoto, you started to play around.

"But I'm a villain."

A small weight lifted off your chest as a comfortable fluffiness built in your stomach. This was a nice change from the tension from before. Too serious.

Shoto's originally expressionless face cracked a tiny smile at your playfulness. It started to feel more like a game than training. Laughing an evil laugh, you charged at Shoto.

You recalled the precise and quick movements he performed earlier on you. Punching with loads of strength backed behind your fist; Shoto didn't have enough time to dodge from how fast you moved.

Eyes widening, you felt the fluffiness from earlier get crushed by a stone dropping to the bottom of your stomach. Quicker than Shoto could blink, you tugged your fist back before it made contact with his shoulder.

You almost burned him...

This sudden change of direction made you get thrown backwards by your own momentum. Shoto raised a brow, making you give a goofy smile back.

"Heh, I need to capture the hero, alive."

Shoto's eyes widened as he hopped away. You had given him the chance to get away. And in his retreat, he turned the grass into ice.

"Come back here, Hero!"

Stepping onto the ice, you melted right through with your increased body temperature. Oops.

The ice tried to take a hold of your feet, but melted upon contact with your skin. Making your body temperature higher, you made sure to not make it too high. You might just melt your clothes off, and you'd rather not with Shoto here.

"Cold!"

Stepping off the ice, it followed your exposed feet. Looking at Shoto, you pouted. "Aw, come on Todoroki. Don't you want a hug?"

"No."

Rolling your eyes, you remarked back cheekily, "Haha, too bad. I'm supposed to be evil."

Crouching down, you gave spring to your legs and launched yourself up. Shoto stepped back, and tried making a pillar of ice to stop your approach. It didn't work as you lowered your temperature and kicked off the pillar, gaining more speed.

Using your quirk was starting to become easier. The training was working...

About to tackle Shoto, you were ready to make sure you ended up hitting the ground instead of him by placing your arm behind his back.

He was heavy, sure, and it'd hurt you, sure. But you were confident in the idea of trying to heal yourself this time around. Seeing Recovery Girl mending the torn muscles, and feeling it personally heal. The thought of fixing the bruise from his weight would be easy in comparison.

It was all a good plan.

Except, the tackle never happened, and you weren't able to stop him from hitting the ground.

Instead, you were met with a face full of kindling flames along Shoto's left arm. He seemed shocked himself when he let the flames lick at his forearm, but what he didn't expect was how you responded to them.

.
.
.

You screamed in sheer terror at the sight of the flames.

It sounded like you were going to die.

.
-------

Yellow guys!

I'll only be updating once a week from now on. There might be the occasional extra chapter thrown in, but don't get high high high hopes. (Panic at the disco, anyone?)

Thanks for understanding guys!
Bai!~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 9.3K 20
- in which the traitor of u.a unintentionally falls for a certain half n half aspiring hero who seems to be on to the them. | female!reader x todoroki
838K 13.8K 45
Just a ton of xreader oneshots of the My Hero Academia characters for your enjoyment. This is completed/Discontinued I guess... Look I don't own My H...
610K 17.9K 38
(Y/N) is a young girl who just wants to be a hero just like everyone else. Her life wasn't easy though. She has always kept to herself and didn't lik...
486K 15.5K 50
"𝙒𝙝𝙮 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙧𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜?" Y/N L/N didn't have a very happy childhood. A catastrophic incident left her in the streets, and she ended up se...