Of Fond Memories (Skyrim Ones...

By TheDragonBreath

[Continuation of my book "Of Fond Memories" but it's entirely dedicated for Skyrim oneshots only, unlike my f... More

Rules and Description
(Hadvar) A Lazy Afternoon
(Agmaer) I'll Be Your Inspiration
(Hircine) Hunter And Prey
(Teldryn Sero) Bard From Morrowind
(Lydia) A Tough Exterior
(Farkas) Her Shield
(Cicero) Insanity Unbridled Part-1
(Vilkas) Enemies
(Lucien Lachance) Tricked To Kill
(Cicero) Insanity Unbridled part-2
(Bishop) Cold Facade
(Mercer Frey) Love or Hate
(Cicero) Insanity Unbridled Part 3
(Brynjolf x Reader x Mercer) Thieving Thieves
(Brynjolf x Reader x Mercer) Thieving Thieves Part 2
(Sinding) Betrayed
(Mercer Ending) Thieving Thieves
(Brynjolf Ending) Thieving Thieves
(Ondolemar) Interrogation
(Astrid) A Kill For A Kill
(J'zargo) A Tad Too Playful
(Vilkas) Enemies Part 2
(Fasendil) Not All Of Us Are Heartless
(Faendal) Broken Promises
(Alduin) Allies... For Now
(Ysolda) Damsel In Distress
(Sheogorath) What Is Sanity?
(Elenwen) The Smooth Culprit
(Sanguine) Revelry
(Rumarin) A Narrow Escape
(Serana) The Bond We Share...
(Jarl Balgruuf) Forgotten
(Teldryn Sero) Embers- Part 1
(Teldryn Sero) Embers- Part 2
(Gelebor x Reader x Vyrthur) Snow White And Blood Red- Part 1
(Gelebor x Reader x Vyrthur) Snow White And Blood Red- Part 2
(Gelebor Ending) Snow White...
(Vyrthur Ending) And Blood Red
Note

(Lydia) A Tough Exterior part-2

2.2K 30 1
By TheDragonBreath

Art is from a mod, created by modd3r
————
The sound of wood breaking under extreme heat surrounded her. It was hypnotic, she felt like she could fall asleep now and drift into a beautiful dream. But Lydia cannot sleep, she had to wait for her Thane to return. The man had gone all alone to gather firewood and insisted that Lydia stayed at this camp. Why didn't he take the help of his housecarl? Well telling her to 'keep an eye over their belongings' as if anyone would even like to stand outside for a moment in this snowstorm. Lydia sighed and leaned her back against the old wall of a nordic crypt's ruin, at least the high, circular walls didn't let the fire extinguish in this snowstorm. The housecarl remembered when she was traveling out from the Whiterun Hold and the dragon had spontaneously appeared out of nowhere. Startling Lydia and her Thane, but since it was her first battle with a dragon it turned her more of a nervous wreck than she already was. But feeling the need to appear as a strong warrior and a capable protecter of her Thane, she chose her most powerful weapon. A bow. Well it's quite the opposite actually, she was horrible with the bow but she didn't quite knew that she was this horrible until it until that day. Even though months has passed since that event, Lydia still cringes from her silly choice of actions.
"What's taking him so long" Lydia muttered, worrying a bit in the back of her mind if a pack of wolves had gotten to him or if a wandering giant who had apparently become angered just because he had accidentally walked too close to mammoth. The train of worrying thoughts had Lydia absolutely distracted from the reality, until a familiar voice frightened her back to it. "I was about to drop all these firewood and start questioning you, you absolutely look like a Nightingale in that armor" (y/n) laughed and slowly descended from the old stairs, putting the firewood down.
"Welcome back Thane I was absolutely worried about you!" Lydia sighed of relief "and if this attire bothers you, I can always go back to my trusty steel garb" she smiled
"Worried? You trust me to kill a dragon but not gather a few branches from the ground? Might want to check your heart, Lydia, I believe it's becoming rather... spacey" the Thane chuckled. Lydia didn't understand for a few moments of what he meant but when she did, her cheeks flustered and she chuckled nervously.
(Y/n), seeing her become uncomfortable, laughed warmly "now now, it was a simple jest, no need to be so uncomfortable. Besides, I believe that the Nightingale armor really compliments you" he said as he placed the branches in the campfire.
Lydia smiled at the compliment, and helped with the campfire.
A few peaceful moments of idle chatter and cooking went by until both were yawning and blinking repeatedly. Taking their own places by the campfire, they both began to drift into sleep.
As fire was growing dim, Lydia heard shuffling near her feet. Supposedly from inside a door like structure. The housecarl never feared any enemy but knowing that the ancients lay in this crypt. The Draugr were her worst nightmare, she was skeptical if it was a draugr and the faint light from the campfire didn't really help. The housecarl was about to go back to her sleep, dismissing the sound as a mistake of her tired mind. But then a low rumble and followed by a high pitched cry appeared from the door like structure. Scared to her wits end, Lydia leapt towards the sleeping (y/n) and hid behind his back. Shaking and muttering prayers to the divines.
(Y/n) too had awaken by the cry, he fluttered his eyes open and sat up to find Lydia cowering behind him. "Lydia? What's the matter?!" he asked, concerned
"D-Dr...Draugr!" Lydia muttered, seemed like she was about to pass out from fear.
(Y/n) protectively stood in front of the fear struck housecarld and reached for his blade when loud bangs sounded on the snow covered door of the crypt and prepared to strike should a Draugr truly attack.
At the one point the door swung open, Lydia expected to hear the chilling screams of an undead but instead heard her Thane's laughter. Looking up, she saw a sabre cub imitate a scary roar before running towards their leftover food and gobble it down.
"Oh my look at that Draugr!" (Y/n) laughed and pointed at the cub. He was laughing so hard that he landed on his bottom beside Lydia and still kept laughing.
The cub stopped eating to 'roar' at them before returning back to the food.
Lydia was embarrassed in herself, that a battle maiden like her was so afraid of what she thought was a draugr. There were no limits to disappointment in herself when she saw that it was just a hungry kitten.
(Y/n) stopped his laughter and picked up the sabre kitten, holding it in front of Lydia's face. "Look at him, he's so scary!" He said, giggling.
Lydia became red with anger and looked away "stupid cat" she muttered, resulting her Thane to laugh again.
"Aww don't be angry now, seeing you so scared by a kitten had really caught me off guard" he smiled warmly "but look at this little cub, I think he likes you" he neared the cub to Lydia, it growled slightly before licking her nose.
Maybe this 'draugr' wasn't so scary after all....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 75 15
Deirdre Morningsong returns to Skyrim seeking vengeance on the Nords who murdered her parents, only to be captured by Imperial soldiers who mistake h...
9.6K 335 17
Farkas x Dragonborn fan fiction From Farkas's point of view, based on another play-through of mine. Companions quest line and part of main story ques...
9.3K 78 7
HEY THERE! Why I wrote that in caps I dont know. Welcome to my Glorybringer book! Im sure you guys know how this goes. Just a Glorybringer oneshots b...
16.3K 925 28
** 1ST PLACE WINNER in THE ANGEL AWARDS 2017, FANFICTION CATEGORY** Illidan picked Sarah up, cradling her to his chest. To all assembled he spoke, "W...