Fairy Tail: A Fairy's Wing Re...

By HHParadise

Highest Ranking(s): #12 in anime, #1 in lucy, #1 in lucyheartfilia "Weak" "Useless" "Trash" Those words were... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Team Natsu!
Chapter 2 - Lucy's Leaving?
Chapter 3 - Tormenting
Chapter 4 - Lacrima?
Chapter 5 - Lavendar
Chapter 6 - Sabertooth
Chapter 7 - Lucy vs The Twin Dragons
Chapter 8 - Resort Island? Vacation?
Chapter 9 - Guild Master
Chapter 10 - Into Magnolia
Chapter 10.5 - Short Special Chapter
Chapter 11 - Trip to The Beach!
Chapter 12 - Dorm Time!
Chapter 13 - "Training"
Chapter 14 - Dorm 143 vs. Dorm 145
Chapter 15 - Clover Town
Chapter 16 - Defeated
Chapter 17 - Revealed
Chapter 18 - Train Hard!
Chapter 19 - In Crocus!
Chapter 20 - Kagura Mikazuki vs. "Luna" Heartfilia
Chapter 20.5 - Extra Chapter
Chapter 21 - The Start Of An Event
Chapter 22 - The Two Fairies
Chapter 23 - Assassin Event | Fairies vs. Tigers Pt. 1
Chapter 24 - Assassin Event | Fairies vs. Tigers Pt. 2
Chapter 25 - Box
Chapter 26 - Strange Keys
Chapter 27 - Former Comrades
Chapter 28 - A Talk
Chapter 29 - Questions
Big Notice (Please Read)
Chapter 30 - Seilah
Chapter 31 - Truth
Chapter 32 - Rufus to the Rescue
Chapter 33 - Anna & Lucy
Chapter 34 - A Request
Chapter 35 - Denial
Chapter 36 - The Grand Magic Games End?
Lit
Chapter 37 - Truce?
Chapter 38 - Lilith the Demon
Chapter 39 - Acnologia vs Dragon Slayers
Book Cover
Chapter 40 - Encounter
Bonus Chapter! (QnA)
Chapter 42 - Dracul vs. Dragon Slayers
Tagged
Chapter 43 - The Aftermath
Chapter 44 - The Akiyama Family
Tagged YET AGAIN
Chapter 45 - Ending
Epilogue
Lucy Chapter
Note: Thank You!

Chapter 41 - Family

1.4K 51 6
By HHParadise

Authors Note

Play the music when said to

Disclaimer: I did not make the music. The music is by the rightful owners and they deserve all the credit, not me.

-----------------

I gaped at Lavendar for a moment. Her eyes turned red, she was choking as I tightened my grip on her neck.

"Lucy!" Natsu yelled. "Stop! We need answers from her!"

I glanced at Natsu before shaking my head. "Don't worry about her, I can handle it." I gritted my teeth before giving my attention back to Lavendar—Lilith I meant.

"Why do you want the demon gates?" I asked. "What do you want to do with them?"

Lilith didn't respond with anything but a faint laugh.

I loosened my grip before grabbing some rope from my small bag I carried with me. I tied it around her. It should last quite some time before she'll be able to break out.

"Tell me!"

Lilith squinted her eyes before coughing out purple blood. "And why would I bother telling you?" She croaked.

I crossed my arms. "Stalling won't help, tell me and I'll let you live."

"Do you think I'm afraid of death?"

I sighed. "That doesn't help at all."

"Hey Luce!" Natsu's voice echoed. "Let me handle her!" He pushed me out of the way before kneeling down to her. "What's your aim with the keys, huh?!"

I scowled and sighed. "I can't do much about him...can I?" I mumbled.

"Yeah," a response came. "Natsu has always been that way."

I turned and saw Rogue. I gave a small smile. "It was rhetorical," I chuckled.

"Oh," Rogue nodded and smiled. I was sure his face turned just a little bit red.

I giggled. "It's alright Rogue," I said.

"Was Natsu really tormenting you?" Rogue suddenly asked.

I tilted my head in confusion. "Why the sudden topic change?"

Rogue flushed a bright red. "D-Don't take it the wrong way...he just doesn't seem like the guy to do it."

I sighed. "You know...I learnt that the people with the biggest smiles are often the most deceiving..."

Rogue arched a brow curiously. "But...you smile a lot too..."

"Don't you Lucy?"

Before I could say another word, I felt something sharp pierce through my stomach. I winced in pain as the shock frightened me so much. I fell and laid there.

"Lucy!" Voices were yelling my name.

(A/N: Play music linked up the top)

I was losing consciousness. My vision was blurring and I couldn't move. Is this really the end?

What I could see was no longer the stadium hosting the Grand Magic Games... but the guild I had harbored hate for for all of these years.

Rogue's words...they are true...

~
"Hey Natsu! Look!" I waved my right hand up, showing off my new Fairy Tail emblem. "I got my Fairy Tail mark!"

"Oh wow, welcome to the guild Looney..."

"My name's Lucy, you dimwit!" I yelled furiously.
~

The scene changed almost immediately and I was back at my old home, the Heartfilia mansion. I saw myself standing before my mother, a younger me.

She looked happy, she was holding my hand and I was holding hers. She was smiling.

"I learnt that the people with the biggest smiles are often the most deceiving..."

Deceiving? How? That isn't right.

My mother used to always smile. I looked up to her because she made me smile.

So why did I say that?

Thinking about that, what have I even done up until now?

Cried? Laughed? Upsetted others? Yelled?

I'm pathetic...

I smiled so much through all of it...

Who am I kidding? Natsu's smile isn't deceiving...

It wasn't Fairy Tail who betrayed me...

I betrayed only one person...

Myself

I plastered a fake smile on my face...

Just for others to not worry...

But I made them worry even more!

I wanted to cry.

I wanted to scream...

I just wanted someone to accept me for the whiny cry baby that I am!

Natsu...

I'm sorry...

I know Natsu didn't do this. Lisanna didn't do this. It was Bora. It was all a mistake. All I did was blame it all on Fairy Tail. They were being used. They were in the same boat as me. And I was still being a horrible person.

I should've listened.

But I didn't.

Why..?

Because I am weak...

They were right. I'm just a weakling who counts on people to protect me!

I held my eye and tried holding my tears in as I felt a warm hand touch my shoulders. I looked up. I saw my mother.

"Lucy, you aren't weak." She said. Her voice was echoing through my head.

"You're human. We all feel this pain."

I held onto my mom. My tears were wetting her dress.

"Lucy, believe in yourself. Your friends are always there for you. Aren't they?"

Everyone from Sabertooth appeared before me, Fairy Tail members too.

"But mom...Fairy Tail-"

"It's never too late, Lucy. Never give up on your friends."

I stayed silent. I needed time to think about this.

"Your friends are always there for you. Through thick and thin."

I had a faint smile, tears trickled down my face.

"Mom...thank you..." I mumbled.

***
~ Natsu P.O.V ~

"Lucy!" I screamed. I completely ignored Lavendar as I came running to her side. Rogue was already trying to help her. I quickly put my fingers on her neck. We were losing her.

"Dracul..." I growled. He stabbed her in the back.

"Fire dragon iron fist!" I screeched. I charged up to him and punched him back in the stomach. He went flying into the stadium walls, the landing was not a nice one, it made a huge dent in the wall.

I cracked my knuckles. "I'm all fired up now! Touch her one last time and you won't see the end of it!"

"Natsu..." Rogue mumbled.

"Hey man...stick to Lucy and let me handle it! He'll pay for what he did to Lucy!"

Sting came from behind and tapped my shoulder.

"Oh hey! You could also help!" I smiled. I looked to Lavendar, Wendy and Carla were already asking her questions.

"Natsu, how do you feel about Lucy?"

I looked at him. "Family. And Family sticks together, through thick and thin! Lucy may not accept it but she's still apart of Fairy Tail in my eyes."

"Then why were you so rude to her?" Sting arched a brow.

"Look man..." I started. "Bora was using charm magic and we were deceived by him. Even ask Master!"

Sting chuckled. "Alright alright. Then let's fight for her."

I nodded. "Let's pummel this guy until he gets what he deserves for hurting a fellow comrade!"

————
A/N

Sorry for the short chapter!

I'll make it longer next time! Promise!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 6.7K 28
LucyXRogue (I'm not going to change Lucy in any way. It's a pet peeve of mine when other writers change everything about Lucy so I won't do it.) So b...
21.2K 426 25
Lucy Heartfillia starts feeling pretty neglected after the return of the supposedly dead Lisanna Strauss. Most of team Natsu doesn't talk to her anym...
397K 14.5K 81
Openly humiliated and rejected right in front of her friends; Lucy found herself standing on the opposite end of the room while her friends all laugh...
13.9K 386 13
TRIGGER WARNING: MATURE THEMES SUCH AS SUICIDE AND DEPRESSION ARE INCLUDED. I WILL PUT WARNINGS AT THE BEGINNING OF CERTAIN CHAPTERS *I don't own Fa...