Engraved.

By xx_redphoenix_xx

Katrina Grey has always steered clear out of drama's way seeing to the fact that she has a secret, and with t... More

Rules.
Before Anything Else
✔ Prologue
✔ Chapter 1
✔ Chapter 2
✔ Chapter 3
✔ Chapter 4
✔ Chapter 5
✔ Chapter 6
✔ Chapter 7
✔ Chapter 8
✔ Chapter 9
✔ Chapter 10
✔ Chapter 11
✔ Chapter 12
✔ Chapter 13
✔ Chapter 14
✔ Chapter 15
✔ Chapter 16
✔ Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
✔ Chapter 39
✔ Chapter 40
✔ Chapter 41
✔ Chapter 42 : 1.0
✔ Chapter 43
✔ Chapter 44
✔ Chapter 45
✔ Chapter 46
✔ Chapter 47
✔ Chapter 48
✔ Chapter 49
✔ Chapter 50
✔ Chapter 51
✔ Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Important!

✔ Chapter 42 : 2.0

53 14 2
By xx_redphoenix_xx

* * *

Nathan's POV

* * *

We've been stuck in traffic for the past fifteen bloody minutes.

Totally not frustrating.

Ashton, Jordan are on my left and right respectively and I am squashed in the middle with Xavier clutching the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles turn white whilst Katrina moves her arms and nods her head along to In My Feelings by Drake.

It's all my fault. I should've never told Aiden to ask Katrina for the ball. Well, I only did it because Xavier was being a chicken and not asking Katrina out so I thought that I'd help.

But instead I just messed things up even more.

"Keke, do you love me? Are you riding?" Katrina sings along and Xavier shuts the radio upon hearing her voice leaving Katrina with a small face.

He's pissed at her for something she didn't even do.

"Why would you do that?" Katrina says, hurt evident in her voice.

"Because I am stuck in this goddamn traffic since bloody twenty minutes, what do you expect?" he says finally managing to look at her.

"It's not my fault!" Katrina exclaims.

She angrily crosses her arms over her chest and Xavier runs his hands through his hair. The car is dead silent.

We're on the Charleston Bridge that connects Charleston and the place where we just came from. After crossing this bridge, it's a more forty minute ride back to Katrina's house. The two districts were connected by the bridge because both of them were separate piece of land meaning that the bridge we currently are on, is built on water.

We had stopped in our way to home for fresh delicious burgers by Burger King. We'd eat at Katrina's house and then leave to attend some business.

We are snapped back to reality with a loud thud. Upon looking outside the car we see a huge irregular shape of blue on the silver Mercedes in front of us.

"What the fuck?" Ashton says and all of us unlock the doors getting out as fast as we can, Ashton getting the bags out too. A crowd of people swarm the car all looking for some hope for survivors.

The thing that fell is light blue in colour with swirls of white twirling in all directions and shapes creating a beauty. It looks like cotton candy but white in colour.

Everyone is busy searching and removing the heavy blue thing lifting it whilst Katrina stares up at the whole in the sky, with shining dots in it. It looks like a void.

"Holy Mother Of Jesus!" Jordan exclaims slowly and as soon as he says that something in my head clicks.

The sky just fell.

The sky just fucking fell in front of us and landed on a car.

It was only a metaphor till now. Paralyzed where I am my lips are moving but no sound comes out. Perhaps I am shocked that something just fell and that something was the sky.

Another thud. Another scream.

Our heads whip to the direction of the voice only to see another piece of what we assume is the sky fallen behind us.

Chaos. That is all that is there and then there's nothing. Xavier's hand slips into Katrina's and he looks at us dead in the eye taking his time. By the time he has completed his sentence ten other pieces of the sky have fallen.

That's the catch though. He only said one word. Run.

Our heads turn forward and we run. Xavier's hand slipped into Katrina's fitting perfectly, Jordan hands me a worried look and I look at him telling him with my eyes that everything would be alright. Even though it probably fucking wouldn't.

Ashton says nothing and follows the group with the bags. The pieces of sky falls behind us. Due to the traffic there are cars everywhere and we are nearly missing the pieces.

There is a fine chance that one of them or us would end up dying today.

Katrina looks back and perhaps that is the biggest mistake of her life. Her eyes widen at the distance and the sky starts falling faster than before.

"Shit!" Ashton exclaims as the pics barely misses his legs giving him a huge wound on his leg. He stumbles for a bit but starts running again. That boy has handled way worse.

"Fuck!" Xavier curses as he comes to an abrupt halt due to the highest point of the bridge falling right in front of us.

It breaks the bridge and both, the tip and the piece of land fall into the depths of the sea leaving five teenagers trapped between a death and death situation. A piece of sky falls and Jordan jumps out of its way.

"What do we do now?" Katrina asks to no one in particular.

"Atleast I got our suits and dresses and burgers!" Ashton says happily.

"Seriously Ash!" Katrina exclaims in disbelief.

"It was worth seven bloody thousand dollars, Kat, what the fuck did you expect? Me to just leave the poor food right there while it got crushed by the sky's weight? " he responds in a tone which states that he was correct and we were wrong. Which obviously wasn't true.

"Do you guys hear that?" Jordan says as he stops his hands from shaking.

Everyone stops talking and a pin drop can be heard. But that is not what we are hearing right now. We're hearing and seeing the dust particles due to the damaged cause slowly rising and as we turn back to the hole in the bridge, we see a storm.

A fucking storm.

The kind of storm that hurricane Katrina would be afraid of totally disregarding the fact that our Katrina is currently shaking.

Dust particles along with water droplets swirl along with the gushes of air and suddenly I feel cold.

The group takes a step back and so do I. It grows bigger and bigger until I need to turn my neck upwards. I have never seen a storm originate from water. I have heard of tsunami's and whirlwinds but never of a storm in water. Katrina's hair flies across her face and a scared look crosses her face.

The storm has grown so big that it's breaking the bridge we stand on and perhaps our last hope. We stand there not knowing what to do, waiting for the storm's darkness to consume us when it freezes.

You heard me it freezes and turns into an even more irregular shape that has ice crystals jutting out of it. It looks beautiful and horrifying at the same time. That is what everybody notices but sadly not me.

What I notice is that a streak of ice going from right beside me sending chills down my spine ( note the pun ) and Katrina's hair turning even more blue. Upon following the ice that seemingly froze the entire fucking hurricane I find myself staring into a pair of familiar blue eyes.

White hair. Green eyes. The rarest combination of all. She stands on the pics of sky freezing the hurricane from the bottom and just for today she is our Savior.

"The fuck are you staring at? Move from there you fucking idiots!" Indiana says in a disbeliveling voice as if she could not believe that we were that stupid.

We move from there and just as we do, Indiana does some weird shit which breaks the damn hurricane into little fragments. Yes, you heard me correct. She breaks the hurricane into pieces by mumbling a spell.

What is this? Harry Potter?

Mumbling spells and shit.

"You're hair?" Xavier says twirling a strand of blue hair that hadn't been blue before. For God's sake, we almost fucking died and all they care about is their love life?

I feel like I am in a Hollywood movie where the protagonist is about to die and all she can think about is her love life with the male lead.

Katrina however, isn't paying attention to him. She's looking at me and I think I know what she is trying to tell me.

First the ground breaks, then the sky falls and finally a storm originates from from the river or the ocean, whatever shit that is.

Too many things are happening and I doubt that all of these are just coincidences.

Something big is about to happen and I am not sure if this world is prepared for that.

* * *

Xavier : Vote if you wanna see me kiss Katrina.

Katrina : What did you say?

Xavier : Nothing!

Katrina : That's what I thought. Anyways, vote if you like this chapter and comment your thoughts letting the author know whether you want to see me murder Xave or not for what he said earlier.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 8.1K 44
What happens when a naive girl, Katherine, is put into every single class with the five most hottest and famous guys? Mostly chaos and dramas. But wh...
53.7K 1.4K 31
What happens when the nerd meets the bad boy? Enter Emery Brooks, the school's nerdy outcast. No one really pays much attention to her. Well, except...
1.4M 39.7K 60
{Highest Rank: #21 in Teen Fiction, #1 in Comedy, and #10 in HighSchool} THE LAST 20 CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN REMOVED! THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE AND THIS BOOK...
129K 10.6K 46
"There's only one thing that's keeping me here, only one thing that's keeping me sane. The galaxy to my stars, the constellation that guides me home...