Rejection and Rogues

By CompleteDelirium

Violet Wolffe, an ordinary she-wolf...right? Her story starts out with a kidnapping and confused mate. What s... More

Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 1: Mate
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 2: Take me away
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 3: Introduce us
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 4: Heartbroken
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 5: New
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 6: Improve
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 8: Different
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 9: Axel's Story
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 10: Bad News
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 11: Returning
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 12: Face to Face
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 13: Explanation
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 14: Just Friends
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 15: Confrontation
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 16: Jealous
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 17: Fighting
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 18: Sorting It Out
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 19: Sorry
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 20: Bowling Encounter
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 21: Explanations
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 22: Talk To Me
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 23: Your Motives
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 24: Mommy
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 25: Daddy
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 26: Plan
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 27: Plan B
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 28: Out of control
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 29: Hate is such a strong word
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 30: Ace
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 31: Axel
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 32: Blake
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 33: Ace's Ingenious Plan
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 34: Losing An Enemy
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 35: Our Moment In The Bathroom
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 36: Brianna's Leave
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 37: The Moons
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 38: Familiarity
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 39: Hugs
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 40: Say What?
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 41: Say Bye
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 42: Wolf's Acceptance
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 43: Change Of Heart
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 44: Danger
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 45: Escape
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 46: Warning
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 47: Alpha Female
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 48: Finale

Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 7: Training

18.4K 388 9
By CompleteDelirium

Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 7: Training

"Right, everyone line up!" Shouted Axel, crossing his arms.

Immediately, all of the fighting students broke away from each other and stood in three lines. Biting my lip, I looked around. Where was I suppose to go? Lane one, two or three?

"Having some problems there, miss Wolffe?" Asked Axel, smiling slightly.

"Which line do I go to?" I questioned, nervously avoiding eye contact with anyone.

"Lane one. The beginners group."

Nodding my head, I positioned myself at the back of lane one.

"Right, it's a new season, which means new fighting techniques. Group one will be taught by our Delta, Brett Easten. Group two will be taught by our Beta, Ace Thorne and group three will be taught by yours truly. Split up!"

I watched as the groups went in different directions. Confused, I followed the guy in front of me. We headed north, which was to my right. Our group walked through the trees and came across a large field. I could faintly see the other groups spaced out on the field doing drills. 

"Hello newcomers!" Greeted Brett, clapping his hands. He was wearing brown khaki's and a white tee-shirt.

"Stand in line, let me examine you all." He ordered, sizing us up.

We stood neatly, waiting for Brett's verdict.

"Oh, hey Violet!" He grinned, giving me a hug.

"Hi," I smiled.

In the corner of my eye I could see a couple of guys in my row looking at us curiously.

We talked for a bit, which we weren't suppose to do, before Brett carried on down the line.

"Well, you guys seem to be in good shape. Today, we will be doing simple exercises to get our bodies pumping." Announced Brett, standing directly in front of us.

People next to me nodded and mumbled.

"So, first I want you to run two laps around the field. The fields pretty big, so that will be about four miles." Explained Brett.

He brought his whistle to his mouth and blew. The piercing sound set our group off and everyone was off like a rocket. My eyes widened at the their speed and this is just the beginners class! 

"Chop chop miss Wolffe! C'mon!" Called Brett, grinning.

Sighing, I began to jog around the perimeter of the field. The rest of my group were already halfway through their second lap when I completed my first. Man, this is a lot harder than I thought.

By the end of the run, I was tired and out of breath. I dragged myself over to the large oak tree where everyone else was. They had all gotten their breaths back and had water bottles. At the sight of cool liquid, my throat began to burn. Brett saw me panting and walked towards me.

"You enjoy yourself?" He asked, chugging down the water in his bottle.

I didn't answer; my eyes focused on the droplets of water dripping down his chin.

"Oh, right sorry. Here, have the rest of mine." Apologised Brett, "Guess I forgot to tell you to bring a water bottle.

Smiling greatfully, I took the bottle from his outstretched hand and brought it to my lips. Before I could take a sip, Brett grinned.

"What?" I asked, unsure as he stared at the neck of the bottle.

"You do know that if you drink from my bottle, it'll be an indirect kiss?" He smirked, his green eyes twinkling with laughter.

Blushing, I looked at the bottle. By now, my throat felt like it was on fire.

"Oh well," I mumbled, gulping down the rest of the bottle's content.

Brett looked shocked for a minute before shaking his head and smiling.

"Alright! Next up, stretches!"

I groaned and dropped my head in my hands. Why did I want to train?

Breathing heavily, I slumped against the wall and wiped sweat off my forehead. How were those simple exercises? After stretching, Brett made us do push ups, sit ups, star jumps, crunches and so much more. I kind of lost track halfway through. I felt a bit better at the fact that I wasn't the only one having a hard time. A few of the skinnier guys were strewn across the grassy floor, heaving. I could see a few of them staring at the more muscular guys in envy. Chuckling at their faces, I pushed myself off the brick wall of the training building and made my way back to the group.

"How are you holding up Dante?" I asked, patting one of my comrades on the back.

Dante was one of the newcomers, like me, and was one of the lankier guys. He didn't have as much muscle as all of the lean guys, but he made up for it in height.

"Too hard..." He panted, shutting his eyes tightly.

I laughed and sat next to him.

"Good job guys! Training's over!" Shouted Brett, blowing his whistle and jogging off to the showers.

Dante made no move to leave.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked him, playing with the grass.

He sighed and opened his eyes, looking straight ahead into the blue sky. His amber eyes were filled with pain and staring into the distance.

"This is why my mate rejected me." He muttered, sitting up.

My eyes widened at his sudden confession.

"You don't have to tell me if it's too difficult." I said softly.

"Nah, I'm over it. I always knew that she'd never accept me, which is why I hid it from her." Dante's head was facing down; his golden hair hiding his face from view. He looked so sad.

"Look, it's in the past. There's nothing we can do about it. All of us were unfortunate enough to have bad memories. The only thing we can do is to focus on the future and to make it what we want it to be." I said, trying my best to comfort him.

"Hey V!" 

I turned my head in the voice's direction and saw Ace running towards me.

"Hey," I smiled as he came closer.

"The guys and I are going to the cinema, you wanna come? You can bring your friend!" He exclaimed, grinning.

I looked at Dante, who was looking at us.

"Do you want to go?" I asked quietly.

Dante smiled and nodded his head, "Sure."

"Are you sure we're going to the movies? We passed the city centre ten minutes ago." I said, biting my lip.

"Yeah," Replied Ken, "It's just that we're going to the cinema in a certain mall in a certain town."

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused.

"What Mackenzie means is that we're going out of town. Just a hour and half away is a massive mall. The cinema we're going to is there and after we watch the movie, we're going to go shopping and stuff."

The guys groaned at the last part, but otherwise said nothing.

"We're not going into the River pack's territory are we?" Asked Dante, fiddling with his glasses.

"Don't worry scrawny boy. The mall is on no man's land." Answered Ken, applying lipstick onto her puckered lips.

Dante looked down at the 'scrawny' comment, but I stayed quiet. I never lie. Dante looked like a stick sitting next to Jayden and Jesse. Sure he was tall, but Jayden and Jesse were like tree trunks sitting on either side of him. Sighing, I looked out the window. I promised myself that I would help Dante gain more self confidence. 

We had been watching advertisements for the past ten minutes and Jayden and Celeste were getting impatient. Looks like bad tempers run in the family. I giggled at my joke.

"What are you laughing about there, little missy?" Smirked Ace, lazily draping an arm over the back of my chair.

"Nothing."

"Sure," he grinned, turning back to Brett and talking about football.

Just as the opening credits were about to start, a group of werewolves our age came in. A girl stood at the head of the gang wearing a smirk. She had fiery red hair and cat like green eyes. The way she moved asserted dominance and attention. I'm guessing she's a Beta's or Alpha's daughter.

Next to me, Dante froze. His eyes were glued to the unknown girl and his grip on the seat tightened. His eyes were flashing gold as he clenched his teeth.

I placed my hand on his arm, "Are you okay?"

Shaking his head, he looked at me. He was shaking as he clenched his fists.

"That's Trixie, my mate."

My little group of friends must have heard what Dante said because their heads snapped in our direction. Ace looked unsure as he glanced at the loud clique climbing up the stairs.

"Do you think you can handle being here or should we leave?" Asked Ace, scratching the back of his head. A sign that he was nervous.

Dante shook his head, "I'll be fine. I don't want to be the reason why you guys miss the movie."

I smiled at him and grabbed his hand.

"Don't worry, we're with you now. You have us as friends, kay? Besides, I'll make sure you won't be seen by her." I said, squeezing his hand.

"Thank you," he smiled, tightening his grip on my fingers.

My eyes travelled back to Trixie to see that she was looking directly at us. I gulped nervously, hoping that there wasn't enough light for her to recognise Dante. My prayers were granted because she turned her head and continued talking to one of her friends. 

 My mind slowly drifted to my mate. Blake Wood, the alpha of the Wood pack, mated to luna Karmen Wolffe. That should be me ruling the pack with him; that's what mother nature planned. His obsidian eyes flashed in my mind. The way they smoldered when he talked about important matters; the way they twinkled when he laughed or smiled. Thinking of him brought a smile to my lips. Even though he rejected me, I just couldn't bring myself to hate him. Whether I was incapable of having these emotions or the fact that Blake was my mate, I don't know. All I know is that Blake will always have a place in my heart whether I liked it or not.

SORRY FOR THE WAIT!! THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED!!!! WATCH OUT FOR MISTAKES!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 80.4K 37
The life of an alpha's daughter is easy- stay quiet, follow orders and pop out a few puppies when you meet your mate to continue the bloodline. I'd...
141K 2.9K 43
There is a great mystery surrounding a lone she-wolf who wanders the northern mountain on the outskirts of Griffin pack territory. No one knows where...
232K 5.1K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
1.3M 45.6K 68
*Edited version on my profile Violet has been tortured for more than half of her life for being different from other wolves. She was abused physicall...