Gang life (Book 1)

By NJNJ14

Completed ✅ *BOOK 1 in the Gang Life series. * "You are mine! Do you understand?" He says. His soft lips ar... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Author's note/ please read!
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Special shoutout!!!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
PLEASE READ!!!
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
I've been thinking...
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Quick Question!!!!
Chapter 40
Author's Note!!
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Q and A
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Author's Note
New book!
As Black as it Gets
MASSIVE THANK YOU!
Major Editing
Blacker Than That- Out Now!
Follow me on all my social medias!
'MAHOGANY DOLL'- OUT NOW!
Spoilers!
Newest Book: OUT NOW!

Epilogue

20.4K 765 168
By NJNJ14

Hello all!
Sadly this is the last chapter of Gang Life.
I really appreciate all the love and support that many of you have give me and I hope you like the next book just as much or even more!
Thank you to Annalevia_19 and LuhBae  I took the baby names from your posts because one of you were extremely persistent, which I like and the other just gave me a name that I really really liked.

I will be giving other special credits at the very end and if you want my snap or Instagram, direct message me.

~ Nas. xo

***

5 months later

Writer's POV

"Matéo Eduardo Santiago, I fucking hate you!" Adeline screams, clutching her husband's hand and breathing harshly.

Matéo, despite himself chuckles deeply.

"Focus all that energy on breathing, okay?" He murmurs into his labouring wife's ear.

"You did this to me!" She pants, glaring at him.

"That's it Mrs Santiago, push!" The rather amused and masked up doctor goads.

"I am pushing, for fuck's sake!" Adeline cries.

Elijah is on his way with Eleanor and their tiny 3 month old boy Ruben to be there for Elijah's little sister.

"A liittle harder" the doctor soothes.

Adeline groans in pain and does as she is asked, beads of sweat trickling down her face.

Elijah busts through the door, holding baby Ruben in his little carry-and- go chair.

Ruben is fast asleep, his little curls falling on his forehead and his pink lips hidden behind a dummy, which half hangs from his mouth.

Eleanor comes running in behind him.

Elijah hands Eleanor their baby and instructs her to wait in the waiting room, pecking her on the lips.

She does as she is told and then rushes to his sister's side.

"I'm here now, kid" he tells her, holding her hand.

Elijah nearly shit himself when he heard his younger sister had gone into labour.

He hadn't told his parents and I'm he didn't plan to until his sister was ready.

So it was up to him to step in for their mother.

Adeline smiles weakly at him.

Matéo strokes her hair, which is dampened with sweat, his wedding band glinting in the dim light.

On the surface, his face remains calm but to say that he is panicking, would be an understatement completely.

The fear on his face when his wife informed him that her water had broken was immense.

He himself squealed in shock and started to run around packing baby items into a large bag.

The baby is early.

After loading the bag into the car, he picks up his wife bridal style, despite her insisting to walk and he sits her in the front seat.

He drives quickly, one hand on the wheel and the other tightly clutching Adeline's hand as she groans in pain.

They make it to the hospital and he makes sure that the doctors place her where she needs to be.

One could ask why the Santiagos decided to use a public hospital, when they have the likes of Tatyana, with her experience in medicine.

Well it is simply all about normality.

"Matéo!" Adeline cries, tears streaming down her face.

"It hurts!" She whimpers.

Matéo doesn't even know what to do.

He holds her and tells her that everything will be alright, even if he doesn't know that.

She squeezed her brother's hand so tightly, that his fingers turn a deep shade of strangled purple.

He barely winces.

"You're nearly there, Mrs Santiago" the doctor tells her, encouragingly.

Several moments later, after another agonising push, the soft cries of the newest Santiago bounce off of the walls of the hospital room.

Matéo watches in awe as his new child is nimbly carried by the nurse and he then is given a blade to cut the umbilical chord, which he does, after wiping his eyes, full of concentration.

"Congratulations Mr and Mrs Santiago, you have a little boy!" The doctor smiles.

"We'll just wash him up and then you'll get to hold him" the doctor reassures them both.

Adeline and Matéo smiles widely and Elijah hugs his sister gently before bro- hugging Matéo.

But then things take a swift turn of events.

Before Matéo or Adeline have the chance to hold their precious child, a nurse whisks him off.

"Doctor! A moment please?" One of the nurses call for him nervously.

The doctor rushes off to see to the nurse.

"What is it?" The doctor responds confused.

"It's the baby" she says.

"He's not breathing!" She says stricken.

Her skin has paled and it has become clear to the doctor that the boy is in danger if he can't breath on his own.

"Doctor?" Matéo asks, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Where is my son?" He asks.

The doctor tells Matéo the situation and his heart drops.

"Will he... Be okay?" Matéo asks, stuttering a little.

He is in too much pain to even cry.

His baby...

In critical condition.

He returns to his wife's side and informs both Adeline and his brother in law of the current situation.

Adeline immediately burst into tears and is hugged by Elijah and Matéo in attempt to console her.

"Will- is he going to be okay?" Adeline asks, her voice only a whisper.

"I'm sure he will" Matéo responds.

"If he is anything like his parents, he will be fine" Elijah says, trying to cushion the situation a bit.

The doctor comes back in the room.

"Mr Santiago, will you discuss the child's current condition for a moment?" The doctor asks.

Matéo nods and stands up.

"Why don't you try and think of some more names for our kid, huh?" He tells his wife, wiping some tears from his eyes and going to meet the doctor.

The doctor informs Matéo of what happened, saying that the newborn was struggling to breath on his own and it could take a couple of weeks for him to get better.

Fresh tears fall down Matéo's cheeks.

He was never one to cry, but in this case he couldn't help it.

He cried tears of joy at the new hope of his child's survival and he cried tears of agony at not being able to see the boy's face right at that moment.

He thanks the doctor and returns once again to his wife.

Elijah has left the room to give them some privacy.

Matéo tells Adeline everything and she listens diligently to what he has to say, even giving him a small smile, when he speaks of the child's probability of survival.

After that, the big question arises.

"What are we going to call him?" Matéo asks seriously.

They had thought about it for weeks but never seemed to be able to agree.

After a little more deliberation, they finally have it.

"Mr and Mrs Santiago" the nurse calls them.

"What name would you like to put on your son's birth certificate?" She asks them with a wide smile.

The couple smile at on another then they turn to the nurse.

"We want to put down Leonardo-Micah Santiago" Adeline says with a a flourish.

Her eyes shine with pride and love for the new addition to the family.

She kisses her husband's lips gently.

"I love you Matéo" she whispered.

"I love you too Adeline" he responds.

"And I love our son, too"

THE
     END.

———————————————————-

Wow! Thank you all for reading my book, thus far.

I'm so happy that you enjoyed it so much and your comments are life!

Special thanks to the ones that always encourage me, bare in mind if I don't mention you now, I may mention you in the sequel:

Fetiti

AnitressWofford

larryishere

Enny101

_teebie_

pattitaraji

zaynab_mxx1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1M 227K 50
[COMPLETE] [MATURE] ❝Revenge is a bitch, I'll make it my bitch. ❞ Mars Matthews was anything but innocent. She was sarcastic, talkative, some even sa...
1M 33.7K 33
BOOK THREE OF THE BLACK SERIES *this book CANNOT be read as a stand-alone* -- "Get the hell off of me, Lucian," I snapped angrily, smacking the palm...
465K 8.7K 50
✨Book two✨ It's not necessary to read the first book but the characters from the first book do appear in this one. ...