Consequences

By _haler

What happens when Lucy and Ian spend the night together after they meet in LA for his book tour? Will they f... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue

Chapter 27

486 17 1
By _haler

Lucy's POV

"I'm in love with this country." I tell Ian on our way to the last stop of the day.

"Me too. The last few days were amazing. Thank you for this." He says. I smile and give him a quick kiss on the lips before wrapping my arms around him and resting my head on his shoulder.

"Why are we here?" Ian asks when I park the car in front of the airport, "I thought we were going shopping."

"You're always surprising me. Now, it's my turn to surprise you. Plus, your birthday is in a few days and I thought we could go somewhere to celebrate." I say before kissing him and getting out of the car to get the suitcases from the trunk.

"So this is my birthday gift?" He asks as he helps me with the suitcases.

"I guess you can say that."

"What do you mean?" he asks, intrigued.

"You'll see." I wink, "Let's go." I say and lock the car before we start walking towards the building.

"Where are we going?" he asks when we're inside.

"Iceland. It'll take us a while to get there but it'll be worth it. I have a few things planned and I really hope you like it."

"I'm sure I will." He replies before putting his arms around my shoulder and kissing my head.

"How did you come up with this?" he asks and kisses my head, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I wanted to surprise you and I really needed a break from LA and the decoration of the new house. But I'd never thought about Iceland. It was kind of an accident, actually. I found some photos of the hotel where we're staying tonight and I knew it was the right place so I booked everything as soon as I could."

"And I'm really glad you did."

"Me too. Just wait until you see the place. It's amazing, especially now with the northern lights."

"I can't wait to see it." He replies.

"Our last stop will be at the bubbles where you will spend the night. All the bubbles have a transparent upper half or are fully transparent, which means you'll have a private show now that the Northern Lights are dancing." The tourist guide informs us and, a few minutes later, we're being led to our bubble. "This is your bubble." He says and points to the huge bubble. "Checkout is at 8:30 and we should be back in Reykjavik before 11AM. Have a great night. See you tomorrow."

"Thank you." We say and the guide leaves us alone to get ready for the night.

"I have to say, I never thought I'd see you sleeping in a bubble the middle of the woods." Ian says once we're inside the bubble.

"Why?"

"I don't know... I just thought the idea of sleeping in the middle of nowhere would scare you."

"Not when I have you by my side." I reply and wrap my arms around his torso and he kisses my head.

"How are you feeling? Are you tired?"

"A little bit." I reply, "But I'm happy and at the end of the day that's what matters the most."

"It is, but you know you need to rest."

"I know. And I will. But after tomorrow, ok? It's your birthday and I have a surprise for you. It might be a bit tiring but then we can sleep and enjoy the wonders of the Blue Lagoon for 2 days ok?"

"Ok. But promise you'll tell me if you're too tired. I seriously doubt I'd be able to give you a piggyback ride to the hotel again." He says and we laugh as we think about what happened a couple days ago. After hiking for a few hours, I was tired and my feet were killing me so I asked Ian to give me a piggyback ride. The thing is when I said that I never thought he would do it but Ian, being the adorable caring person his, actually carried me to the hotel on his back even after I told him many times that I was not that tired and could walk to the hotel.

"I promise." I reply, "Now how about we lie down and enjoy the northern lights? It's not every day you have this amazing view."

"That's very true. Let's go then." He replies. We then get our pyjamas out of our backpacks and get ready to bed. Minutes later, I'm lying in bed with Ian's arm around me and his hand protectively resting on my belly – something he's been doing every night for a while – as we look at the sky, amazed. Seeing the Northern Lights is such an amazing experience. If I weren't in love with this country before I'm sure I would be now.

Even though I'm pregnant – which made us avoid the harder and, consequently, the best, hiking trails- we found amazing trails with astonishing views. We saw breath-taking (and huge) waterfalls, walked in a beautiful black sand beach, visited amazing gardens and lakes and, knowing how much he loves it, tomorrow I'm taking Ian on a boat tour to bird watch. Even though September is not the best month to do it, as there aren't as many species as in between April and June, I'm sure he'll be able to see some he's never seen.

For a while, Ian and I talk about our favourite experiences here so far and about what we'll do at the Blue Lagoon. We also joke about how we're dreading going back to LA but we know we have to. There's still a lot to do and things to buy and we have to be there.

"What time is it?" I ask Ian, hoping it's midnight already so I can give him his present, especially because I don't know what's inside the box. A couple weeks ago, we went to the doctor and even though we should have been able to find out the gender, the baby had a different plan and decided to stay in a position that didn't let the doctor see if it was a boy or a girl. What left both Ian and I frustrated at the time, turned out a great idea for his birthday present and even though we decided to wait until the next ultrasound to try again, I went back to the doctor last week and Dr. Davies was finally able to see what it was. Not wanting to find out such an important thing without Ian by my side, I asked her to write it down on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope so I could find a creative way to surprise Ian on his birthday.

"11:57 PM" Ian replies.

"Let me get everything ready." I say and get up, "Close your eyes."

"What are you talking about?" he asks, confused.

"You'll see in a couple minutes. But please close your eyes."

"Ok." He says and once I'm sure his eyes are closed, I get the piece of cake and candle I got on the way here, as well as his birthday present, from my bag and wait until a few seconds before midnight to light the candle and return to the comfort of the bed and Ian's arms.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Ian, Happy birthday to you!" I sing when the clock hits midnight, "Make a wish."

"No need to. I have everything I've ever wanted right here by side." He says and kisses me.

"I love you."

"I love you too." He replies, "And this little one." He adds as he caresses my belly.

"Here." I say and give him a white box, "Happy birthday."

"You didn't have to buy me anything. This trip is more than enough."

"I'm sure you'll change your mind once you open it. Also, what's inside isn't for you." I say and he looks at me confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, as you know, the last time we went to the doctor we weren't able to find out the gender and even though we decided to wait until the next appointment, I couldn't wait that long so I went there last week to see if Dr. Davies could see anything."

"So you know the gender?"

"Of course not!" I quickly reply, "I'd never do that to you. I know you want to be there with me and I want you right by my side when I find out."

"Then what's this?" he asks, looking at the white box in his hand.

"As I was saying, I went to the doctor to see if she could see anything and when she did, I asked her to write it down and put the paper in an envelope so I could surprise you today. I went to a store and asked the employee to chose a blue or pink bodysuit according to what was written on the paper and put it in a box and here we are."

"Should we open it now?"

"Yes! I've been dying to know. To be honest, I have no idea how I managed to keep that box closed for so long." I say and he laughs.

"Let's do this then." He says and grabs my hand, "1... 2... 3." He counts and opens the box. We both gasp when we see the colour of the bodysuit inside. Tears fill my eyes and a huge smile spreads across my face.

"I can't believe this." I whisper, not trusting my voice to talk louder than that.

"We're having a little girl." Ian says astonished, his eyes still on the pink bodysuit in his hands. "Thank you. I love you so much." He says and wraps his arms around me before kissing my lips passionately.

A few minutes later, we're lying in bed again, looking at the sky. His arms are around me and his hand is stroking my belly under my pyjamas. "I'm the happiest and luckiest man alive, you know?"

"And why's that?" I ask and caress his cheek.

"I'm going to marry the love of my life, who's also the most amazing woman I know and, in a few months, we'll have our baby girl in our arms." He replies and I smile at his words, "I hope she looks just like you."

"I hope she has your eyes." I tell him.

"I hope she has your smile." He says, which makes me smile, "Yup. That one. I love your smile." He says and kisses me, "I love you."

"I love you too."

"And I love you too." He says and lifts my shirt before kissing my baby bump, "We can't wait to meet y-" he stops dead in his tracks and looks at me, "Did she just-?" he asks and I nod as tears roll down my face.

"She just kicked for the first time." I confirm, still amazed, and then feel another kick.

Either it was because of my belly growing a little more or because of the cravings, every day for the last months made this pregnancy feel more real but this... feeling my baby kicking for the first time is a whole new story. For the first time since the day I found out I was pregnant, I felt my baby and I wouldn't trade that feeling for anything in the world.

"We love you so much and we can't wait to meet you." He says and kisses my belly once again before pulling my shirt down and returning to his previous position.

"I know it's only been a few minutes, but this already is the best birthday ever. Thank you."

"I'm glad you liked it."

"I loved it. Every single second of it." He replies, caressing my cheek, "Now sleep. You need to rest and tomorrow we have to wake up early."

"Goodnight." I say and kiss him before burying myself in the sheets and snuggle up to him, not leaving an inch between us.

"Goodnight."

A/N
Heyyy guys!! Hope you liked this chapter! I loved writing it and I absolutely love the way it turned out!
This chapter is dedicated to my best friend who turns 17 today!! Love youu❤️
Also, I hate this but I might not be able to update next week. I know I already failed an update recently but my ibf is coming to spend a week with me and I won't have much time to write. Hope you understand but I'll try my best to update next week anyway.
Love you all❤️😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.7K 2.3K 36
{BOOK COMPLETED BUT IM REVAMPING IT SLIGHTLY} Aria and Ezra's relationship is going down hill. Ezra catches Noel making a move on Aria and gets the w...
278K 7.8K 25
It may seem like the typical romance story, a shy unpopular girl meets the popular, bad-ass who turns out to be the man of her dreams and they fall d...
40.4K 932 34
What happens when Ian and Lucy starting to date but their relationship isn't approved? What happens when Lucy's darkest secrets from her past gets re...
5.5K 550 31
After Ian texts Anthony saying he loves him by accident will it be the same? What will happen between them two? Will Anthony love Ian? Or will smosh...