Unsteady; House of Anubis *B2*

By SarahRCubitt13

Unsteady; adjective - moving or changing, or not firm: It's a new school year! Everyone is back at Anubis Hou... More

[1] House of Hello
[2] House of Dolls
[3] House of Spirits
[4] House of Blackmail
[5] House of Rivals
[6] House of Faces
[7] House of Myths
[8] House of Nightmares
[9] House of Combinations
[10] House of Heartbreak
[11] House of Tunnels
[12] House of Goodbyes
[13] House of Protection
[14] House of Letters
[15] House of Who?
[16] House of Frauds
[17] House of Chance
[18] House of Divides
[19] House of Crushes
[20] House of Vertigo
[21] House of Pressure
[22] House of Deja Vu
[23] House of Hoods
[24] House of Deceit
[25] House of Sibuna
[26] House of Payback
[27] House of Pendulums
[28] House of Impasse
[29] House of Help
[30] House of Phobias
[31] House of Isis
[32] House of Curfews
[33] House of Dead-Ends
[34] House of Webs
[35] House of Fronts
[36] House of Keepers
[37] House of Hacks
[38] House of Stings
[39] House of Double-Cross
[40] House of Wires
[41] House of Envy
[42] House of Names
[43] House of Evidence
Auther Update
[44] House of Genius
[45] House of Slander
[46] House of Hasty
[48] House of Hex
[49] House of Silence
[50] House of Warnings
[51] House of Status
[52] House of Laments
[53] House of Heists
[54] House of Alibis
[55] House of Oblivion
[56] House of Snoops
[57] House of Reflections
[58] House of Stooges
[59] House of Zodiacs
[60] House of Reckoning
[61] House of Trades
[62] House of Magic
[63] House of Tricks
[64] House of Whispers
[65] House of Duplicity
[66] House of Hauntings
[67] House of Collections
[68] House of Speculation
[69] House of Sabotage
[70] House of Nine Lives
[71] House of Forgeries
[72] House of Hijack
[73] House of Freeze
[74] House of Timeout
[75] House of Reflectors
[76] House of Illusions
[77] House of Dreams
[78] House of Pitfalls
[79] House of Phantoms
[80] House of Surrender
[81] House of Strategy
[82] House of Memory
[83] House of Pretenders
[84] House of Trouble
[85] House of Traps
[86] House of Stakes
[87] House of Missions
[88] House of Captives
[89] House of the Chosen
[90] House of Freedom
COVERS/EDITS
Questions for the Cast
Fun Facts
House of Sequels
10 Questions from Me to You

[47] House of Sorry

1.4K 71 22
By SarahRCubitt13

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

"Mara Jaffrey, you are expelled!" the words of Mr Sweet had everyone in shock including the girl herself who didn't seem to fully compute the words until Joy, Patricia and Trudy were by her side comforting her. The rest of the student body shouting their anger at Mr Sweet.

Camilla however only had one thing to say, and only Eddie was close enough to her as she leaned her head against the wall with a sigh, "Fabian was right, this is terrible."

Vera was on her feet and talking with Victor, giving Camilla enough time to send the pair a dirty look as she watched the chaos the woman had left in her wake.

Mrs Andrews rushed across the room to Mara and even on top of the chaos Camilla could hear her say, "Mara please don't worry, I'm sure there is more to this than meets the eye. I'm going to have a word with Mr Sweet now." And with that, the teacher rushed past Camilla and down the hall to Mr Sweet's office.

Camilla was all for following the teacher before movement from Jerome stopped her, she felt Eddie beside her stand straighter as she stopped to watch Jerome move over to Mara with a worried look on his face. Camilla knew she had no right for the jealous green monster to appear as Mara was upset and she was his friend but part of her just didn't like the fact he rushed to the girl's side to comfort her.

"Cam..." Eddie mumbled but Camilla shook her head before letting out a sigh as she focused her attention on what was important. Which was getting Mara back into the school. Even if she didn't like the girl Mara didn't deserve to be expelled. She would then deal with Victor and his comment after.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Students parted like the red sea as an angry Camilla stormed towards the girl's bathroom, wanting to listen in to the conversation happening in Mr Sweet's office. The girl not even reacting as Alfie pulled a ping pong table by her shouting at younger students to move as he had a team to train.

Thankfully the bathroom was empty and she magicked the fake tile off the wall rather forcefully with nothing more than a flick of her finger, the word 'Motus' crossing her mind as she did.

The scene in Mr Sweet's office was one Camilla was almost glad to witness, Mrs Andrews was not taking any shit from Mr Sweet and the student knew that the woman wouldn't leave the office until Mara had her position at the school back so Camilla didn't need to focus on that part of her to-do list. Just Victor's comment which clearly didn't help and Eddie. For the longest time, she had hoped she wouldn't have to reveal to Eddie that the twins knew the secret he was hiding but he had gone too far, and it was time he learned the truth behind the scholarship that brought him to Amun Academy in hopes it humbled him just a little. If not humble him maybe scare him a little. One of the two.

"Eric," Mrs Andrews shouted at the man who was looking out his window, "A word please."

"If you are here to talk about Mara Jeffree, my mind has been made up." Mr Sweet angrily retorted.

"Expelling her is not the answer!"

"then what do you suggest?!" Mr Sweet demanded turning around to look at the woman in the room with him.

Mrs Andrews paused before she spoke, "I suggest you accept my resignation instead." If Camilla hadn't been spying on the two she'd have gasped at the teacher's words. Yes, Mrs Andrews was part of the secret society, but at the end of the day she had always chosen their well being over the society, Camilla didn't want to see the teacher go. "I told her to write that article," Mrs Andrews explained as Mr Sweet looked at the woman in shock, any anger leaving his face, "and to be honest I'd do it all again!"

"Well I'm not accepting your resignation, Daphne" Mr Sweet tried but both Camilla and Mrs Andrews knew it was a weak attempt at a power play.

"Vera is not to be trusted!" Mrs Andrews spoke up, the woman glancing to the bookcase the hidden peephole was as if she knew Camilla was listening, "and just because Victor likes her suddenly, she's become untouchable!"

"I'm sorry," Mr Sweet softly spoke, "but I've been made a fool of once today already my decision on Mara stands!"

The look Mrs Andrews gave Mr Sweet was one Camilla wished no one would ever give her in her life. It was a look of pity and shock he wasn't who she thought he was all wrapped up into a little bow. Camilla put the fake tile back on the wall because she knew Mrs Andrews was going to win the fight with Sweetie, but Camilla wasn't sure if losing her job was worth it to do so.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

"I can't believe he expelled her," Nina spoke up as she led Fabian and Camilla into their French class. Fabian had grabbed a very forlorn looking Camilla as she exited the girl's bathroom and knew she had overheard something important in Sweeties office.

"I've never seen Sweetie that angry," Joy agreed as they walked in, "not even Victor goes that purple."

"All I know is," Camilla sighed as she sat on her desk, "if this is some huge set up for Vera to come to this school for some bigger reason, I will personally kill her myself." The Anubis house lot didn't know what to say at this angry outburst from Camilla, most of them looked to Fabian who didn't seem shocked if anything he seemed as if he expected it from his sister.

"That's the murdering Camilla we all know and love," Eddie teased causing the small girl to smile his way as he put his things on the desk next to her.

"I hope your pleased with yourself," Patricia pipped up the moment Eddie decided to comment. Both Eddie and Camilla looking her way, "pranking Sweetie like that."

"Eddie doesn't..." Camilla started but the bait was too sweet for Eddie not to resist it because it was Patricia.

"Yeah right..." He retorted instantly, "because I was the only one in his face all week?"

Patricia scoffed getting to her feet causing Joy and Camilla to share exasperated looks as their friends argued, "and guess who made Mara go public in the first place."

"I wasn't the one who told her to write some article on Vera, she did that all by her..." Eddie trailed off as a tearful Mara walked into the room. The room going silent as she girl walked to her seat and sat down.

"It was exceptionally well-written thought..." Eddie tried to awkwardly break the silence causing Camilla to smile and shake her head at him.

"Your pathetic," she told him softly causing a small smile to creep onto his face at her attempt to joke around with him. make him not feel as guilty as Patricia was trying to make him. this wasn't his fault; this was at the end of the day Vera's fault and Camilla knew that.

"Oh that's right," Patricia spoke up again, "help him worm his way out Cam, just like he always does!"

"There are some things you just don't –!" Camilla got to her feet to argue until Fabian grabbed her jumper and forced her to sit back down again.

"I am not worming my way out of anything," Eddie shouted more than happy to have a fight with Patricia, "I am probably history... just like Mara..."

"Well, I hope Sweetie does get even and expels you too," Patricia shouted missing the looks between the twins who knew that that wasn't going to happen. Not with what they knew.

"that's pretty harsh Patricia," Fabian told the girl bluntly, all of them seeing the shocked hurt look on Eddie's face at her words.

"Yeah there is no point blaming Eddie, I was the one who wrote the article," Mara spoke up as Patricia pulled faces at them for defending Eddie and calling her out. "I clearly got it very wrong." Again, Camilla and Mara were not friends but even Camilla knew that this was the wrong thing to have happened over some article and she wasn't just saying things when she threatened Vera. The woman had just made herself enemy number 1 in Camilla's mind.

"but there is something off about Vera," Jerome spoke up from the back of the room, "what about?"

"no!" Mara interrupted holding her hand up to stop him talking, "guys it's over."

"it's not over until it's over," Jerome argued.

Camilla spoke up softly, "this won't be over until she leaves the school for good."

"Adults hear kids all the time, but they don't really listen to them at all," Fabian spoke up in agreement with his sister, "maybe we need to take this into our own hands and prove Vera isn't who she says she is."

Mara looked at Camilla and for once was surprised to see the fierce look she was used to be on the receiving end of being on her side for once, but the thing that shocked her the most was it wasn't just Camilla who had the determined look on her face. Almost everyone who lives in Anubis had that determined look on their face. Vera had come for one of their own. One of their class. One of Anubis. The worst thing she could have done honestly if she wanted a good time at the school.

"Sorry I'm late," Mrs Andrew's appearance in the classroom meant Mara couldn't say anything about the united front her classmates were taking on her behalf. "eh," Mrs Andrews seemed a little scattered as she stood before them all, "Mara, Eddie, Mr Sweet would like to see you both. Fabian and Camilla, you two as well once they come back." She told the room. The twins looked to one another as Eddie and Mara got to their feet, both confused as to why they were getting called to the office but knowing better than to ask many questions today. Both of them had theories as to why most of them involved the paperwork that still sat snugly in Camilla's bag.

"Looks like you got your wish," Eddie bitterly told Patricia as he followed Mara from the room, leaving the silent class in his wake.

"We can't just sit here and do nothing!" Jerome spoke up from the back of the room as he watched his two classmates walk off to their expulsion, "Mrs Andrews!" he called.

The teacher looked at him from the front of the class, "oh eh, don't let me stop you." She told him with a half-smile, "class is dismissed." The students all looked to one another in shock but packed their things on their rush to get to Mr Sweet's office all of them wanting to fight for their friends.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

"We all know it's me your mad at, so why are you taking it out on Mara?!" Eddie's voice came from Mr Sweets open door as the students rushed down the corridor.

"the most useful thing you've said all term, Eddie!" Jerome spoke up announcing the arrival of the students resulting in Camilla elbowing the boy to shut up. The last thing they needed was Eddie and Jerome arguing.

"We're not leaving until you let Mara stay," Nina spoke up as Mr Sweet too in their group.

"Yeah, seconded." Fabian spoke up looking to the headteacher, "Mara's done more for this school than most of us put together."

"and if that motivational chat from Fabian didn't work, I'm sure me and Amber would love to phone our parents and inform them all about this," Camilla smiled sweetly to at the headteacher, Amber backing Camilla's threat as she pulled out her phone in front of the headteacher. They'd love to see what he would do without their family's very generous donations.

"OUT ALL OF YOU OUT!" Mr Sweet yelled at them, ushering them from his office, slamming the door shut on them all. Leaving them all to look at one another hoping their threats would be enough.

They all stood waiting in silence as Mara exited the office. Waiting for her to tell them the outcome of her meeting with Mr Sweet.

"Well?" Jerome spoke up, causing Camilla to look away. She didn't want to see the look on his face as he looked at Mara.

"I'm staying!" Mara told them all causing cheers all round, Camilla feeling an arm around her and knowing it was Eddie pulling her in for a side hug.

"You okay Nerd?" he asked, knowing Camilla's eyes where on Jerome and Mara.

"let's get you out our mess first then I'll be fine," Camilla told him causing him to laugh. t

"What about Eddie?" Patricia asked, watching as the boy slunk down the corridor away from the group.

"Where is he?" Mara asked just as he turned the corner, "I need to thank him."

"RUTTERS!" The yell from Mr Sweet caused the celebration to stop and Fabian and Camilla looked at one another. They had a job to do now, and they both knew what to say.

The Anubis house looked on curiously as the twins walked into Mr Sweet's office, Camilla closing the door behind them. The curious looks remained after they emerged (both looking rather pleased with themselves) but neither twin explained what was discussed in the office, because it was no one's business to know.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Camilla paused by the kitchen door on her way to talk to Eddie. Vera was not happy with Victor, especially because he chose to go down to the tunnels instead of sitting in her trial.

"Vera," Victor spoke in an exasperated voice, "if we had waited for them to work out the chemical formula we'd have waited forever."

"yes, but now they will know we are onto them." She argued and Camilla couldn't help the small smile on her face.

Victor scoffed, playing up the fact that he and Camilla worked on the formula together, "don't you worry about that. I covered my tracks very well."

"what do you mean?"

"those little fools," the word caused Camilla to roll her eyes, "won't even know I've been in there. And when they complete the task, they'll think they've done it all by themselves."

That was more than enough to hear, even though Camilla knew she needed to talk to Victor because boy was, she getting mixed messages from him there was something more important she needed to deal with.

Camilla didn't even bother to knock as she walked into the shared bedroom of Eddie and Fabian, a file in her hands and some good news for the boy in question.

"Oh, it's just you..." Eddie spoke as he looked up from his bed when Camilla walked in.

"Sorry to disappoint," Camilla rolled her eyes before sitting down on the edge of his bed. "anything more from Sweetie?"

"Apparently, he doesn't have a say in my expulsion because the scholarship I am on means the people funded it gets a say in my schooling." Eddie explained with a groan, "now some middle-aged dusty boring rich people I've never met get to say if I have to stay here or not."

"Oh ouch," Camilla sarcastically spoke up, "I'll take the rich people, but I am certainly not middle-aged, dusty or boring and Fabian is defiantly not middle-aged or dusty."

Eddie looked at the girl on the end of his bed with a suspicious look, "what?"

Camilla gave him a cheeky smile and opened the file on the bed for him, "there is something you should know about your scholarship, it was created by Fabian and me – our parent's idea. The Jonathan-Anne scholarship. Fabian-Jonathan... Camilla-Anne..." she explained quietly. "Sweety approached our parents in April last year about it, and they thought it would be a good thing for me and Fabian to do, they are all about how things look. We didn't know it was for you until you came to school."

"But that means you guys know..." Eddie trialled off as he looked over the paperwork in front of him.

"Sweetie's your dad, yeah." Camilla nodded slightly, "but we don't care about that, it's never been a big deal to us."

Eddie smiled slightly at that, the twins had known his big secret from the start and neither of them had spilt it nor had they treated him any differently because of it.

"Plus even if I didn't know because of that..." Camilla gestured to the papers in his hands, "There is the question of how did you get that very personal video of Sweetie? I'm not stupid, and Victor mumbles a lot when he is angry." This caused Eddie to laugh at her and a bright smile to appear on Camilla's face, "I won't say anything, about your secret, neither will Fabian as we agreed ages ago it's your secret to tell once you're ready but if you need an ear or a rant, give me a shout okay."

"Thanks, Nerd"

"Whatever Jerk," With that Camilla climbed off his bed and opened his door just to see Mr Sweet on the other side, his hand raised as if to knock. "Mr Sweet."

"Miss Rutter..." Mr Sweet seemed shocked to even see her with his son, "what are you doing here?"

Camilla smiled and looked at Eddie and gave him a wink, "just giving him the good news about his non-expulsion, as me and Fabian believed he will be an asset to the school."

"Right," Mr Sweet looked uncomfortable.

"I'll leave you two to talk," Camilla laughed moving past Mr Sweet, a grin on her face as she went to run up the stairs to her bedroom.

"Camilla, can we talk?" Victor's voice was quiet, but she heard it as she reached the landing. Camilla nodded her head and made her way along to his office and shut the door, taking her normal seat and waiting for the man to talk. "I know, with Vera, you don't know where I stand." Victor spoke quickly and quietly, "I know you don't see her in a favourable light, and especially after today I don't assume you will now ever." This comment caused nothing more than a raised eyebrow from Camilla as she urged her Guardian to get to the point in his meeting. "Keeping secrets from the people we care for, never ends well, but she knows, somehow, that I favour you so I had to go along with it. Make it believable..." as he trailed off everything finally clicked into place for Camilla. Victor was playing Vera, he was playing the part she expected him to play so he could keep an eye on her for the safety of Camilla and the Anubis house members.

"I am sorry I doubted you," she whispered looking at him with a smile.

"I am sorry I put myself in a position where you had to doubt me." Victor replied as he returned the smile, "though we now have to be careful, we can only interact as Guardian and Protector in our lessons, we must revert back to our old ways when in the house. Vera already suspects you," Camilla nodded her head in understanding and got to her feet to leave. "one last thing..." Camilla looked to him confused, "Miss Martin's grandmother has gotten worse, keep an eye on her, and if there is something, we can do to help... reach out. I will assist you in any way." With that, Camilla knew she was dismissed, with her mind racing as she took in everything Victor had just said. Part of her wishing she had been told about Nina's gran before she had spoken to Eddie so she could have gone with her to visit her gran but Fabian had probably gone so it was alright.

How wrong the Protector was as if Fabian had gone with Nina the Chosen One might not have acted so harshly when Senkhara appeared to her on her walk back to Anubis house. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Soooooo Fabian and Camilla are the ones who 'funded' Eddie's scholarship and knew about Daddy Sweetie the whole time?! and now Nina has been cursed which I have a very fun curse in mind specifically for Camilla so I cant wait to see it play out for you all! 

Fav, Comment and Share

Love ya
Sarah xxx 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7K 579 54
Kasia Stilinski is no stranger to the supernatural, but being around a werewolf, a Banshee, werewolf hunters, and other such residents of Beacon Hill...
593K 13.3K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
187K 5K 27
Sequel to Rising Moon: Entry and Rising Moon: Survive If You Close Your Eyes Does It Almost Seem Like Nothings Changed At All Sophie McCall suffered...
5.8K 125 8
"steven grant rogers pick up the phone right now or i swear to god you will no longer have a wife" [book 3 in the kbmcu] [steve x oc] [bucky x oc] [c...