Unsteady; House of Anubis *B2*

By SarahRCubitt13

Unsteady; adjective - moving or changing, or not firm: It's a new school year! Everyone is back at Anubis Hou... More

[1] House of Hello
[2] House of Dolls
[3] House of Spirits
[4] House of Blackmail
[5] House of Rivals
[6] House of Faces
[7] House of Myths
[8] House of Nightmares
[9] House of Combinations
[10] House of Heartbreak
[11] House of Tunnels
[12] House of Goodbyes
[13] House of Protection
[14] House of Letters
[15] House of Who?
[16] House of Frauds
[17] House of Chance
[18] House of Divides
[19] House of Crushes
[20] House of Vertigo
[21] House of Pressure
[22] House of Deja Vu
[23] House of Hoods
[24] House of Deceit
[25] House of Sibuna
[26] House of Payback
[27] House of Pendulums
[28] House of Impasse
[29] House of Help
[30] House of Phobias
[31] House of Isis
[32] House of Curfews
[33] House of Dead-Ends
[34] House of Webs
[35] House of Fronts
[36] House of Keepers
[38] House of Stings
[39] House of Double-Cross
[40] House of Wires
[41] House of Envy
[42] House of Names
[43] House of Evidence
Auther Update
[44] House of Genius
[45] House of Slander
[46] House of Hasty
[47] House of Sorry
[48] House of Hex
[49] House of Silence
[50] House of Warnings
[51] House of Status
[52] House of Laments
[53] House of Heists
[54] House of Alibis
[55] House of Oblivion
[56] House of Snoops
[57] House of Reflections
[58] House of Stooges
[59] House of Zodiacs
[60] House of Reckoning
[61] House of Trades
[62] House of Magic
[63] House of Tricks
[64] House of Whispers
[65] House of Duplicity
[66] House of Hauntings
[67] House of Collections
[68] House of Speculation
[69] House of Sabotage
[70] House of Nine Lives
[71] House of Forgeries
[72] House of Hijack
[73] House of Freeze
[74] House of Timeout
[75] House of Reflectors
[76] House of Illusions
[77] House of Dreams
[78] House of Pitfalls
[79] House of Phantoms
[80] House of Surrender
[81] House of Strategy
[82] House of Memory
[83] House of Pretenders
[84] House of Trouble
[85] House of Traps
[86] House of Stakes
[87] House of Missions
[88] House of Captives
[89] House of the Chosen
[90] House of Freedom
COVERS/EDITS
Questions for the Cast
Fun Facts
House of Sequels
10 Questions from Me to You

[37] House of Hacks

1.5K 72 19
By SarahRCubitt13

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Patricia and Camilla were on their hands and knees in the flower bed's searching for her amulet but they could find nothing. The two girls even ran up and down the grass where Patricia and Eddie had been playing 'Football' but neither girl could see anything.

"Come on Trish," Camilla said with a sigh, "we have to go back, there is nothing here."

"what am I going to do? Can't you just magic it or something?" Patricia asked softly, the despair was heard in her voice.

"Sorry I've not got to that point of spell casting 101 Trish," Camilla joked until she saw the hopeful look on Patricia's face fall, "We'll figure something out, I promise," Camilla told her reassuringly as they walked back to Anubis house.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

As the two girls wandered into the house, they saw people running from the living room. Clearly Victor had given the all okay to the house to back to their rooms. The two girls wandered into the living room just as Alfie and Jerome rushed out, Victor dismissing them with a; "Enough Lewis." Victor then turned to the girls, "Ah! There will also be grave consequences for those of you who chose to ignore Vera's instructions to remain in here," this caused Camilla to scoff loudly and cross her arms looking bored as Victor spoke. She had a funny feeling about Vera, something felt odd about her so why should she follow the woman's instructions. Victor, of course, ignored Camilla's actions – he knew the basic idea of Camilla's feelings for Vera but the girl hadn't explained herself as to why she felt that way to him - and kept talking, "starting with you two. Miss Williamson and Miss Rutter."

Before he could demand anything from the two girls who were looking up at him bored Vera chimed in, "I think they've all been cooped up for long enough Victor." There was something in her tone which caused Camilla to look at her suspiciously. Maybe it was because she saw the adults whispering before but something now felt rather odd about the sudden room search.

Victor looked at the woman before glancing at the two girls in front of him, "Very well," Camilla and Patricia looked up at the man in surprise, everyone in the room hearing the annoyance in his tone that he couldn't give the girls toothbrushes to clean the toilets with. Vera smiled at him and the adults left the room.

Camilla sat down at the table next to Nina as Patricia wandered over to where Eddie and Fabian were sat talking.

"I see the way you look at him," Camilla casually told Nina as she made herself comfortable at the top seat, feet going onto the table as she leaned back. Nina kept glancing up at Fabian and smiling before going back to her work. Though at Camilla's words she looked at Camilla in surprise, "it's the same way I look at pizza," she explained causing Amber to quietly laugh behind her magazine. Now Camilla had joined them she had someone to talk too. "plus, I also know," Camilla spoke not letting Nina talk as she picked up Ambers bright pink pen with a round fluffy end and pointing the fluff ball at Nina as if it was a wand, "that you heard what my brother said the other night. The real question is... what's holding you back from 'Fabiana'?"

Nina looked between Amber who had an expectant look on her face to Camilla who was still pointing the pen at her and knew she was cornered. The American girl let out a sigh and lowered her voice, "honestly, I'm scared..." Nina said to the two, "what I feel for Fabian... it consumes me in a way I've never felt before. If I let him in, then he is in more danger than he already is in."

"Of course, you feel like that," Amber told the girl, grabbing her hand before sending her a smile, "Because Fabian is your epic love."

Nina seemed confused and Camilla decided to add to Amber's wise words, "Nim, you fell in love with your best friend, the one person who accepts you at your worst, who laughs at all your jokes. The person who knows you better than you know yourself." She whispered causing the American to smile and nod her head, "I would kill to spend the rest of my life with that person."

"I promise, once this spirit is gone, I'll act on my feelings," Nina told the girls before straightening as Patricia and Fabian wandered over.

Amber decided to talk before either of them could ask what the three girls were whispering about, "So, where did you two dash off to?" the blonde asked Patricia and Camilla as she gathered her books along with Nina and got to her feet.

Patricia looked to Camilla, who gave her a look – one that said she'd follow the girls lead in whatever she told Sibuna. "nowhere, eh, did we miss anything?"

"I checked our room," Nina told the pair with a smile, "everything is still there. Big relief huh?"

"Yeah, huge..." Patricia nodded as Camilla's eyes widened. Patricia could use the dollhouse Amulet until they tracked down her one.

Nina looked around at the Sibuna's, "so guys, I think we're ready. Victor is going to be at the staff meeting tonight, so tunnel time in 2 hours?" Nina asked them all.

"Or!" Patricia offered sounding nervous causing Camilla to hope the other's thought it was because of the tunnels not because of anything else, "maybe we could just practice a bunch more times before we even think about –"

Nina interrupted her, clearly seeing it as nervousness about the tunnel and task, "look, Patricia, we already practised a bunch. You'll be fine." Nina reassured her.

"And if you get stuck, take a deep breath and think WWAMD." Amber said confidently causing them all but Camilla to turn to look at her in confusion. "Camilla?!" Amber pointed at the girl to explain.

"What Would Amber Millington Do." Camilla explained simply causing Fabian's eyes to widen. "it's a very effective method I've come to find."

"Yeah, how do you think we adopted Gary the goat!" Fabian told the Sibuna's causing them all to laugh bar Patricia who was looking worried about the task this evening.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

As Camilla walked back into her room, after dropping off her magic book in Victor's office, she didn't expect Amber to be prowling around Fabian in a military sort of way.

            "Ignore for dummies," Amber said as Camilla entered the room, causing both heads to look her way.

            Camilla smiled and shook her head at them, "Continue please, I don't know what I walked in on, but I cant wait to see Fabian attempt to ignore someone," she said walking across the room and settling down on her bed as if she was about to watch the greatest show on earth causing a grin from Amber and a dirty look from Fabian.

            "Just pretend I'm Joy, and Camilla is herself or Nina or anyone else," Amber said pointing to Camilla. "Don't react to anything I say, and keep your attention on Camilla." Fabian nodded his head and he turned to face Camilla who smiled brightly at him.

            Amber started to pace behind him, she put on a mocking voice of Joy causing Camilla to grab a pillow and muffle her laughs into it as Fabian's mouth tightened as he tried not to react, "Hi Fabes! Remember when we were BFFs and we did Blah and Blah together at that Blah place and we laughed at the Blah? So anyway, I love you." This caused Fabian to turn to face Amber.

            Camilla made a beep noise loudly indicating Fabian had failed the task.

            Amber hissed, "Don't look at me!" in her own voice causing Fabian to turn back to his sister shell shocked. Amber let out a sigh and gave Camilla an exasperated look shaking her head. "I'm way better girlfriend material than Nina. For a start, I'm not cursed. I'm not American and I don't smell of books."

"That's not very-" Fabian got to say before Camilla made the same beeping noise from her bed.

            "This isn't even the hard stuff!" Amber interrupted him angrily causing Fabian to look back to Camilla nervously.

            "How are you going to cope if she cries?" Camilla asked her brother who looked as if he hadn't even thought about that.

            "We're being deadly serious here Fabian, Joy is that good." Amber told him in a warning tone. "you go in unprepared; you'll never get out alive." Amber let out another sigh as Fabian turned back around to face Camilla. Both girls knowing what had to be done. They would have to go even more basic tactics. Clearly. "Okay, let's start back at the beginning. Forget the roleplay, just ignore me. Amber. Focus on Camilla. Sister."

            Fabian nodded his head and looked back at Camilla who smiled again, watching Amber. Amber smirked over at Camilla, a smirk Camilla was proud to see on her face as she started her pacing again.

"Why read books? If they are that good, they'll make a movie," Amber started, causing Fabian to take a short intake of breath trying to stop himself from reacting.

This caused a glance between the girls and Amber kept going, "If you had a computer big enough, could you explode the internet?" this one caused Fabian to physically shake but to their surprise, he didn't say anything.

"The Wheel. The Steam Engine. Electricity. Are all insignificant inventions in comparison to the fake tan," Amber said causing Fabian to look like he was close to crying as he stopped himself from reacting to the girl. Camilla couldn't help but smile, this was defiantly a very fun way to spend her time before heading into the tunnels. She just hopped Patricia got her text about using the amulet in the dolls house.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Amber and Camilla settled themselves down at the dining room table after dinner with a magazine pretending to do a personality quiz when really, they where watching Fabian as he and Joy did their evening chores.

            "I forgot how boring revision was," Joy said trying once again to have a conversation with Fabian, "I suppose you think the opposite, right?"

Fabian didn't say anything, he looked over at the two girls at the dining table just in time to see them look up at him before going back to the magazine.

            "Last term was horrible," Joy spoke up once again, "you know, being locked up with no TV. I did get really good at Origami and chess, do you play? Because I thought we could play together. Sometime?" Joy glanced over at Fabian and got no reply once again. "Any thoughts on that?" she asked, causing Camilla to glance to her brother feeling slightly guilty. "Any at all?"

Fabian was a free agent; Nina didn't want to do anything about un-singling him, at least any time soon, so why where they being so mean to Joy. She had gone an entire year without anything she knew to be normal to come back to school and have everything change around her. The girl was clearly racing after them all to catch up and no one was really trying to do much to help her. From the look on Fabian's face, he was having very very similar thoughts to Camilla.

"okay... I see how it is..." Joy said softly causing both twins to look even more guilty as Amber shook her head and mouthed 'no' to Fabian.  Before anyone knew it Joy had somehow closed the clothes drier on her hand causing the girl to hiss out in pain. "Fabian!" Joy squealed in pain.

Amber got to her feet screaming, "Joy don't worry I'm coming to help you," but Fabian got to the girl faster. Camilla getting to her feet too and standing by the kitchen door behind Amber who was watching on in anger as Fabian helped Joy, grabbing her finger and running it under cold water.

"That was close, I thought I was a goner..." Joy said dramatically causing both Amber and Camilla to share sceptical looks.

"Well you know, I thought I'd leave it to the last minute to make it more, eh, exciting," Fabian said with a laugh, causing a small smile to appear on Camilla's face at the noise.

"All you need is a cape," Joy joked before picking up a dishtowel and putting it around Fabian's shoulders causing the two to laugh. Amber wasn't happy about this at all, and Camilla didn't need to see her face to know. Simply the grip on her wrist as the blonde dragged her from the room told the female twin everything she needed to know about Amber's feelings about the situation in the kitchen.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

5 little Sibuna's all met in the kitchen looking to one another in confusion. Their 'Leader' was running late.

            "Where is Nina?" Amber asked them all.

            "Sorry!" Nina came running from upstairs as Alfie looked at his watch again, the girl was over half an hour late, "sorry, I couldn't get my gran off the phone." She explained to them all, causing them all to nod in understanding. They had met her gran- boy that woman could talk. "she's going on a ghost walk tonight?" Nina said looked around at them, not surprised to see Alfie and Camilla nodding their heads at her words. Of course, those two would know what a ghost walk was. "Victor's gone right?" she asked amused looking to Fabian with a smile.

            "Yeah, he left as we all gathered in the kitchen. Camilla told him some lie about making us hot chocolate... he seemed to not ask any questions." Fabian explained as Amber held up an empty mug of hot chocolate, Nina glancing about to see 4 more mugs piled up in the sink. It clearly wasn't too much of a lie, either that or they all believed they needed to make the lie look convincing to Victor.

            "Okay... let's do this then!" Nina smiled at them all, "Sibuna!" she said.

            "Sibuna!" they all said in return. Amber leading the race to the fake oven as Patricia and Camilla glanced down at her borrowed amulet before they crawled into the cellar.

All of them missing Victor as he walked back into the house.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Camilla had hopped onto the pedestal where the cube had sat as she waited for the rest of the Sibuna's too be scanned by the light. Patricia was the last one to be scanned. The light went up and kept going until it got it blinded her causing Camilla to gasp and run forward, Fabian and Nina on her heels as the girl doubled over in shock more than anything else.

            "What happened!" Nina demanded as Camilla put her hand around her friend and steadied her, "Why didn't the amulet protect her?" Nina asked Camilla as if the girl held all the answers.

            "I can't see guys," Patricia said in a panic.

            Camilla murmured soothing words as Fabian pulled the book on the bookcase to swing them back to Robert's lab. Camilla guiding Patricia too the couch as Nina fretted behind them.

            "It's horrible, isn't it?" Amber sympathetically said to Patricia as she and Alfie followed the rest of them from the tunnel. "totally blind. Bat blind. Three blind mice blind."

            "Do you think there is a time limit on the amulets?" Fabian instantly said worried looking at his amulet. "maybe that's why the spirit keeps saying watch the timepiece?"

            "Why did ours work find?" Alfie asked in confusion. "they are the same aren't they?"

            "No..." Patricia spoke up squeezing Camilla's hand for support as she spoke, "mines... the one from the dollhouse." She said quietly. Camilla put an arm around her and pulled her into a side hug. Telling the Sibuna's the truth she knew was hard for Patricia to do and if she could support her friend she would.

            "What do you mean?" Fabian asked.

            "She misplaced her Amulet Fabby..." Camilla said softly as Patricia hid her face in Camilla's shoulder ashamed. 

            "I'm so sorry..." Patricia's muffled voice could be heard.

            "I suggested she take the spare from the dollhouse," Camilla said to them all, "I mean it wasn't like anyone was guarding it or anything..." she knew this was a dig at Nina but honestly the girl kept lashing out at Camilla. Camilla was allowed her own secrets that Nina didn't need to know about.

            "What if Victor gets his hands on it?" Nina argued back to Camilla causing the girl to give her a dirty look.

            "Where did you lose it?" Alfie asked kindly, kneeling by Patricia and taking her hand.

            "I'm not sure," Patricia told him, causing Nina to let out a huff and open her mouth but the girl knew better than to say anything as she received an icy look from Camilla.

            "It's okay," Camilla told Patricia turning to her, "let's get you back upstairs."

            "No." Patricia bluntly said, "I'll be okay, you guys go..."

            "We're not leaving you," Fabian argued knowing that Patricia was Camilla's closest female friend after Amber like hell was Camilla going to let the girl just be left.

            "I promise, I'll be fine," Patricia spoke confidently.

            "Only if you're sure..." Camilla said reluctantly as she watched Nina get to her feet with Alfie and Amber and head towards the tunnel door. Fabian waiting behind with her.

            "I'm sure," Patricia told the twin, who let Fabian pull her away from her friend an uneasy feeling washing over them both as they walked into the tunnel, leaving the bookcase door open

-----------------------------------------------------

I just got back from training. Lots of information thrown at us. A lot of depending on people having common sense 😂

I made some new book covers, what do we think??

(I got carried away when making the book 4 cover and I freaking love it!!!)

I have posted them in a larger format in the 'Covers' Section of this book and book 1 (each showing their respective cover) -if anyone wants anything similar I'm happy to maybe make some? (should I make a covers book??)

Remember to ask questions for the cast! I've gotten some great questions so far - plus if you wanna add some fun facts (like I had in book 1) DM me them and I'll maybe add them to the already very long list (I also have updated book 1's fun facts)

Fav, Comment and Share

Love ya
Sarah xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 760 22
"I'm just a broken doll." "Don't you let yourself believe that for a second." ~Book 2 in the Saving Sage Series ~ Sage Beatty has fallen used to her...
984K 21.1K 33
Fate doesn't make mistakes.
109K 3.4K 19
Erin finally knows what she is, a Nephalem. But, she has no idea how to control it or when her dark side will show through, her demon side. She and I...
25.5K 594 10
"Look at us, a couple of flustered kids!" Cover made by the beautiful @magnottic !!! Bob x oc