Unsteady; House of Anubis *B2*

By SarahRCubitt13

Unsteady; adjective - moving or changing, or not firm: It's a new school year! Everyone is back at Anubis Hou... More

[1] House of Hello
[2] House of Dolls
[3] House of Spirits
[4] House of Blackmail
[5] House of Rivals
[6] House of Faces
[7] House of Myths
[8] House of Nightmares
[9] House of Combinations
[10] House of Heartbreak
[11] House of Tunnels
[12] House of Goodbyes
[13] House of Protection
[14] House of Letters
[15] House of Who?
[16] House of Frauds
[17] House of Chance
[18] House of Divides
[19] House of Crushes
[20] House of Vertigo
[21] House of Pressure
[22] House of Deja Vu
[23] House of Hoods
[24] House of Deceit
[25] House of Sibuna
[26] House of Payback
[27] House of Pendulums
[28] House of Impasse
[29] House of Help
[30] House of Phobias
[31] House of Isis
[32] House of Curfews
[33] House of Dead-Ends
[34] House of Webs
[35] House of Fronts
[37] House of Hacks
[38] House of Stings
[39] House of Double-Cross
[40] House of Wires
[41] House of Envy
[42] House of Names
[43] House of Evidence
Auther Update
[44] House of Genius
[45] House of Slander
[46] House of Hasty
[47] House of Sorry
[48] House of Hex
[49] House of Silence
[50] House of Warnings
[51] House of Status
[52] House of Laments
[53] House of Heists
[54] House of Alibis
[55] House of Oblivion
[56] House of Snoops
[57] House of Reflections
[58] House of Stooges
[59] House of Zodiacs
[60] House of Reckoning
[61] House of Trades
[62] House of Magic
[63] House of Tricks
[64] House of Whispers
[65] House of Duplicity
[66] House of Hauntings
[67] House of Collections
[68] House of Speculation
[69] House of Sabotage
[70] House of Nine Lives
[71] House of Forgeries
[72] House of Hijack
[73] House of Freeze
[74] House of Timeout
[75] House of Reflectors
[76] House of Illusions
[77] House of Dreams
[78] House of Pitfalls
[79] House of Phantoms
[80] House of Surrender
[81] House of Strategy
[82] House of Memory
[83] House of Pretenders
[84] House of Trouble
[85] House of Traps
[86] House of Stakes
[87] House of Missions
[88] House of Captives
[89] House of the Chosen
[90] House of Freedom
COVERS/EDITS
Questions for the Cast
Fun Facts
House of Sequels
10 Questions from Me to You

[36] House of Keepers

1.5K 74 40
By SarahRCubitt13

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

"Projects are due in tomorrow! Please no excuses" Mrs Andrew's spoke from her desk as the bell rang, causing Amber to look at Camilla with a smile. Their Much Ado About Nothing project was them discussing how the themes within the play would still work within a modern audience, and how using technology it could be further emphasised. The two had spent a lot of work on the thing and they were very proud of it. "And Alfie, Jerome," the teacher called as they all started to gather their bags and put their things away, "We all know you don't have a dog, so that particular excuse won't fly."

Camilla turned to the pair behind them and whispered, "You do have a goose though, how is Gwen doing?" she asked with an innocent smile causing Jerome to roll his eyes at her as he swung his bag over his shoulder.

"How goose does fly," Alfie added to Camilla's joke causing the girl to grin.

"Why Gwen?" Jerome asked Camilla in confusion.

"Simple, I used Gary already on a goat..." she told them before she moved off to see what the Sibuna's where discussing.

As she reached them Joy pulled Fabian away with a mutter of buddy time. "What's our Egyptian challenge for today?" Camilla asked as Fabian disappeared from view with Joy.

"It's school like normal then more web practice for us all bar Patricia," Amber explained to her friend.

"That's depressingly new," Camilla muttered

"Wanna swap for detention date with El Victor," Patricia asked her friend as they left the room causing Camilla to shake her head with an amused smile, she had enough allotted Victor time as it was. As they were leaving the room Trudy came in giving them all a beaming smile before approaching Mrs Andrews the two women having a whispered but serious looking conversation. 

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Camilla wandered into Jerome and Alfie's room after class to see the two boys staring at the goose that had made it's self rather comfortable on Jerome's bed. The two boys turned around as Camilla wandered in before their eyes went back on the goose.

"Nothing yet?" Camilla asked as she leaned on the back of Jerome's chair.

Alfie shook his head before he looked at the goose, "He is kind of cute isn't he?"

"He? I thought it was a she?" Camilla asked causing the two to glance at the goose and deciding against checking who was correct on the gender.

"All I see," Jerome bitterly spoke as he glared at the bird, "is a feathery gem eater. Mocking me with its exceptional bowel control."

"Usually, in your experience, how often do Geese... go?" Camilla asked the boys the hint of amusement in her tone not missed by either of them.

Jerome sighed and looked up at her with an annoyed look before glancing back at the bird, "All I know is, inside that bird is something I need, and sooner or later, nature... and gravity will work their sweet magic. If only I knew a way to make it happen faster," he told the pair.

"I do, I ordered it off the internet!" Alfie excitedly told them both.

"Ordered What?" his two friends said together with confused glances at him.

"Ruff-Ruffs pet lax; It should arrive today," Alfie told them with confidence, causing Camilla to thank that the Lewis's stopped looking at Alfie's bank details years ago. "Full of Roughage, to help dogs get... things... moving..." he explained to them both, "Feathered or furred, the process is basically the same." Alfie shrugged.

"then hurray for the internet." Jerome laughed.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Watching a goose was as boring as it sounded and Camilla soon gave up. She settled herself in the living room with one of the old spell books, Victor not letting her read the book of Isis unless he was present so she had to stick to the ones he would allow her to take from the Lab.

Camilla's interest was peaked as she saw Victor wander into the kitchen where Vera was cooking dinner, with a huge grin on his face, a package in his hands. She couldn't hear the words but the two adults appeared excited about something. Camilla was all but stood on the arm of the couch to see what the adults were discussing but all she could see was Victor rolling up a bit of cloth with no way to see what was inside.

The man then glanced Camilla's way causing her to let herself drop onto the couch and make it look like she hadn't been snooping. Vera might have seen through her lie but Victor clearly didn't as when she popped her head back up, he was watching her with eyes squinting. Vera then picked up the package and said something bringing Victor's attention back to her and the parcel. Whatever it was it caused them to be happy, Vera bustled from the room calling for Anubis residents and Camilla sat herself up and looked at Victor questioningly.

"Do not give me that look, Camilla." The man said as he walked out of the kitchen, clearly, a house meeting was to be held, "some people like the idea of a mystery, but when they come to face the unknown, people don't normally tend to take it very well."

"When have I ever been 'some people', Vicky," Camilla commented causing the man to let out a soft laugh despite himself.

His smile quickly changed into a frown as the Anubis residents came trickling into the living room. Camilla lying back down on the couch and re-opening her book.

"Sorry Victor, what is this about?" Nina asked as she as Amber poked Camilla in the cheek causing the girl to sit up so she could sit beside her

"Yeah, Alfie and I have homework to ignore!" Jerome moaned causing Camilla to let out a snort, as she shut her book and turned on the couch letting Amber play with her hair as the adults discussed whatever it was, they wanted to talk about.

"Sit down," Victor told them all, "All of you be quiet!"

Joy rolled her eyes, her hands full of books as were Mara's the two deciding to use the adult's rant as a way to study - they all had a huge math test the next day. Eddie and Patricia were missed, but that didn't seem to faze the adults.

Vera handed over the parcel to Victor who showed it to them all. "This arrived today. The precipitant is a mystery." Camilla saw the 'Ruff Ruff' logo and glanced to Jerome and Alfie with an amused expression as she saw them both try to look innocent and failing. "However, the contents aren't." Victor handed the box back to Vera before glowering at the Anubis house residents in front of him, "Pet food! The rules are very clear. Pets are strictly prohibited at Anubis house."

With this, they all (Bar Nina) turned to look at Alfie. None of them had forgotten the year he had brought his pet Tarantula from home and they all lived in fear for 3 weeks when it got loose.

"If one of you," As Victor started talking again, they turned their attention back to their caretaker, "is found to be hiding one... The punishment will be most severe!"

"Do you have any more punishments?" Camilla asked breaking the moment of tension with ease as she looked up at the man, "I thought Eddie and Patricia were your little punishment goblins these days?" Of course, this caused a round of laughter from the Anubis housemates and a glare from Victor towards her. Though she did nothing but raise her eyebrows at him.

"Now," Victor said with a forced calm to his voice, "Vera will chaperon you here. Whilst I conduct a thorough search of the entire house. Starting upstairs." With that, the man left with almost snape levels of confidence leaving them all to look at one another. The Sibuna's looking panicked because of the spare amulet they knew was hidden in the dolls house, Alfie and Jerome looking panicked because of Gwen the Goose. The only people hating their lockdown but not panicking was Joy and Mara who got to their feet to go to the dining table to settle down and study.

"This is really bad!" Nina hissed to Fabian.

"I know!" Amber said from behind Camilla, "this is a beautiful French plate and I can't even tie it off!"

"I don't think that is what Nina is worried about Amber," Fabian whispered to her.

"I meant, what if he finds the spare Amulet?" Nina whispered.

"we'll you should have given it to Camilla." Amber shrugged as she glanced over at Mara and Joy to see if either of them had a spare elastic on them. Nina didn't seem to appreciate Amber's comment but it was too late to do anything about it now. 

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Victor soon came thudding down the stairs. He confidently walked into the living room with a smile on his face, causing them all to sit up. Victor whispered something to Vera, before going to walk out again.

Nina grabbed Amber's hand and dragged her over to the older man, "Victor! Can we go get some of our school books?" she asked the man.

"No, no you heard what I said..." he said, glancing as Eddie and Patricia soon joined them all in the living room, both of them looking confused as to why they were all sat downstairs and not doing whatever they wanted.

"But no offence this is boring!" Amber argued with the man.

"Hey everyone," Patricia said looking around at them all.

"Just one trashy Magazine?!" Amber begged Victor, "Have a heart!"

"And we have a big math test tomorrow!" Nina told him.

"QUIET!" Victor screamed looking at all the students who were on their feet shouting at him, having missed Jerome and Alfie completely run from the room.

"I'm sure it will be fine Victor," Vera flirted a little causing Camilla to mime being sick and a laugh to come from Joy and Fabian. "after all your room has already been searched. Hasn't it?"

Victor looked at Vera then at Nina and Amber, "Very well but make it quick!" the girls didn't need to be told twice as they ran from the room. Vera guided Victor out of the room as Patricia sat down next to Camilla.

"What is going on?" she asked.

"Victor thinks someone is keeping a pet and is being Victor about it all," Camilla summed up easily causing Camilla to shrug and accept that answer.

As they waited for Nina and Amber to come back down Eddie sat himself down next to Patricia and started up a weird game with her punching the shoulder pads in the 'Football' uniforms they where wearing. Supposedly he was showing her it was better than 'Soccer' Camilla didn't really understand but Patricia was happy so she didn't bother to ask any more questions.

"This obviously hurts!" Patricia laughed as Eddie didn't react to her punching his shoulders.

"no... your weak." Eddie retorted.

"Throw the crocodile at his face and then ask if it hurts," Camilla mumbled not looking up from her book, causing Patricia to laugh and Eddie to look her way.

Camilla looked up to see his shocked expression and a grin crept onto her face, "a person would think you didn't like me, Nerd." Eddie dramatically said causing Camilla to laugh. As the two where laughing Patricia's hand had got to her neck and her eyes had widened.

"What's wrong Trish?" Camilla asked softly.

Patricia got to her feet, causing Camilla to get to her's too as the girl clearly was in distress. "Can I go, Vera?" Patricia asked their housemother. Camilla shut her book, watching the interaction. "I've got to go... change?" the lie was weak and both girls knew it.

"of course, as soon as Victor says it's okay," Vera said in her weird way.

Patricia looked at Camilla in distress but clearly, she was so worked up she could tell the girl what the problem was. Vera went into the kitchen and Camilla nodded her head to the door.

Within seconds Patricia had sprinted out of the room and of the house, Camilla on her heels.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

"You know running never solved anything," a panting Camilla wheezed as Patricia raced to the other side of the school practically before running to a flower bed and starting to look around in the dirt. "What's wrong? You're not making any sense."

Patricia turned to look at the girl, "my amulet... it's gone!" 

-----------------------------------------------------

I was thinking of going to every other day posting (just with me going back to work) what do you guys think about that? 

I have been given my rota for work (pubs open in Scotland next week) and I am working all of the opening weekend so it's going to be a very very scary intense time for me, so if I can post every other day it gives me a chance to create a backlog of chapters so you guys can still get quality chapters without me burning myself out. 

You guys, you readers, are my only light I have with me going back to work - I am so scared for my own health and my family's because no matter what I do to keep myself safe from this virus I know the moment someone has alcohol I'm in danger because people will not be following the rules set in place - I'm sure you have seen the photos in London to prove this. 

I hope this is okay with you all, thank you for letting me do this if it is. 

Fav thing so far and your least favourite thing so far? 

Fav, Comment and Share

Love ya
Sarah xxx 

Ps. Anyone know any good people I could ask to make me some covers for this series (all 4 books) just wanna see any recommendations 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.6K 21
"What your call sign, pilot?" "The boys call me Osprey, sir." Cover art made by @magnottic I do not own ANY Topgun or any of the characters. I...
213K 6.5K 34
[Book One] [being-rewritten] [slow updates] "Monsters don't sleep under your bed, they sleep inside ...
599K 13.5K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
14.1K 253 12
Gaston defeats the Beast, leaving him injured for three months. The Beast is human now but the curse hasn't been lifted, Gaston has seized control of...