Unsteady; House of Anubis *B2*

By SarahRCubitt13

Unsteady; adjective - moving or changing, or not firm: It's a new school year! Everyone is back at Anubis Hou... More

[1] House of Hello
[2] House of Dolls
[3] House of Spirits
[4] House of Blackmail
[5] House of Rivals
[6] House of Faces
[7] House of Myths
[8] House of Nightmares
[9] House of Combinations
[10] House of Heartbreak
[11] House of Tunnels
[12] House of Goodbyes
[13] House of Protection
[14] House of Letters
[15] House of Who?
[16] House of Frauds
[17] House of Chance
[18] House of Divides
[19] House of Crushes
[20] House of Vertigo
[21] House of Pressure
[22] House of Deja Vu
[23] House of Hoods
[24] House of Deceit
[25] House of Sibuna
[26] House of Payback
[27] House of Pendulums
[28] House of Impasse
[29] House of Help
[30] House of Phobias
[32] House of Curfews
[33] House of Dead-Ends
[34] House of Webs
[35] House of Fronts
[36] House of Keepers
[37] House of Hacks
[38] House of Stings
[39] House of Double-Cross
[40] House of Wires
[41] House of Envy
[42] House of Names
[43] House of Evidence
Auther Update
[44] House of Genius
[45] House of Slander
[46] House of Hasty
[47] House of Sorry
[48] House of Hex
[49] House of Silence
[50] House of Warnings
[51] House of Status
[52] House of Laments
[53] House of Heists
[54] House of Alibis
[55] House of Oblivion
[56] House of Snoops
[57] House of Reflections
[58] House of Stooges
[59] House of Zodiacs
[60] House of Reckoning
[61] House of Trades
[62] House of Magic
[63] House of Tricks
[64] House of Whispers
[65] House of Duplicity
[66] House of Hauntings
[67] House of Collections
[68] House of Speculation
[69] House of Sabotage
[70] House of Nine Lives
[71] House of Forgeries
[72] House of Hijack
[73] House of Freeze
[74] House of Timeout
[75] House of Reflectors
[76] House of Illusions
[77] House of Dreams
[78] House of Pitfalls
[79] House of Phantoms
[80] House of Surrender
[81] House of Strategy
[82] House of Memory
[83] House of Pretenders
[84] House of Trouble
[85] House of Traps
[86] House of Stakes
[87] House of Missions
[88] House of Captives
[89] House of the Chosen
[90] House of Freedom
COVERS/EDITS
Questions for the Cast
Fun Facts
House of Sequels
10 Questions from Me to You

[31] House of Isis

1.5K 72 18
By SarahRCubitt13

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

The topic of the amulets was all the Sibuna's could talk about for the remainder of the school day.

"What are we going to do?" Nina asked the twins for the billionth time causing Camilla to shoot Fabian a look as she remained silent. Nina was becoming one of those annoying bugs that buzzed around you, Camilla knew she met well but she was losing her patience and fast. "without the amulets we will never find the mask. The missions over. Done. Kaput."

"So are we all." Camilla reminded Nina with a look. She got Nina was worried, but they all had their lives on the line and wanted those amulets back. 

"We never know," Amber chimed in as she heard the strain in Camilla's voice and the sour look that appeared on Nina's face as the girl spoke up. Nina still wasn't happy Camilla got out of the necklace search, and Camilla was less and less wanting to explain to Nina about her magic classes because of her reaction to her friendship with Victor. "Victor might suddenly become all nice, and..." Amber trailed off as everyone but Camilla gave her doubtful looks. "What?" she asked, "he likes Camilla, he could learn to like us..."

"Yeah, he likes Camilla because..." Fabian started until Camilla hit him, "I mean, he'll like us right after Patricia becomes a guidance councillor."

This caused them all to laugh, though neither twin missed the curious look Nina threw their way. They weren't subtle in the fact Camilla was keeping certain things from the Sibuna's bar Fabian... and Amber. "Like that's gonna happen." Patricia laughed, "listen we just need to keep an eye on Victor." She said to them all, "he'll slip up eventually, then we're back in business." They all nodded at this because what the girl said was true.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Camilla dragged Poppy and Evan into town after school, she had promised the two a movie day since forever and Camilla knew Jerome wanted to go speak to his dad so two birds with one stone. She dropped them off at their house, making sure to be enough of a distraction to their house mother that she didn't see them sneaking up to their rooms with a huge bag of pick and mix each.

Camilla wasn't too bothered about hiding her pick and mix bag as she knew within moments of Alfie seeing it, it would be gone. Which happened almost the second Camilla wandered into the living room. Alfie saw the bag and grabbed it off her with a 'thank you', before going back to his comic's whilst Amber read her fashion magazine beside him.

Camilla shook her head in amusement as she continued to walk through the room and into the kitchen, her goal was a nice warm cup of Peppermint tea. There was one issue, Eddie (she knew it was Eddie because he was the only one other than her to drink Peppermint tea) had moved the box of tea to a high cupboard that Camilla couldn't reach. Camilla turned around to Victor to see if he could help her but he lifted his hands which were covered in Oil (the man was trying to fix the pipping under the sink or something) with sympathetic eyes, then he pointed a finger warningly at her as she knew she was considering using magic to get the box down. Camilla huffed and went back to struggling to reach the box.

"If you were any shorter, you'd probably fade out of existence," Jerome's voice caused Camilla to turn around to see Jerome in the doorway wearing a ridiculous ascot along with his white shirt and navy trousers.

"Are you trying to cosplay as Fred Jones?" the words came from Camilla's mouth before she could stop them causing Jerome to give her a confused look. "the ascot? You are 16, not 40," Camilla told him gesturing to his neck causing Jerome to roll his eyes as he pulled the material from around his neck, before wandering in and grabbing the box of tea Camilla was struggling to get.

Camilla smiled at him as he handed over the box, turning to make two cups of tea (she glanced at Victor who shook his head at the girl's silent offer) because she knew the moment Eddie wandered into the dining room for dinner and saw the tea, he'd ask her for one.

"I wanted to thank you," Jerome said as he watched Camilla put boiling water into the mugs.

"For what? The fashion advice?"

"For taking Poppy out after school. Dad's been wanting to talk to me along and it gave me time to go see him." Jerome explained.

"Need a hand with whatever he's asked you to do?" Camilla asked as she stirred the tea. When it came to flavoured tea, she preferred to keep the teabag into the water, and since she made Eddie his tea 90% of the time, so did he.

Jerome smiled at her question, it seemed as if Camilla had a good understanding of Clarke men. She knew he was up to something but he apricated she was waiting until he asked her before becoming nosey. "Not yet... maybe later," He told her.

"Later it is then." Was all she said as she picked up the two mugs, walking through to the dining room where the Anubis students where trickling into dinner.

Eddie noticed Camilla holding the cups and dashed over to her, "is that?"

"Yes, this is a tea for you, Jerk-face," Camilla almost laughed.

"Thanks, Nerd," Eddie grinned taking the mug off her before wandering over to the living room, he'd join them once all the food was on the table. Camilla's eyes were on Jerome who was talking to Fabian in a whisper.

Nina's gasp caused Camilla to look her way as she grabbed onto Fabian's arm, "Look at the straps." She hissed to the twins pointing towards Victor in the other room. Camilla turned around to look at him, around his neck where 5 black straps, the man was wearing the amulets. "He's wearing the amulets!"

"He's wearing all of them," Fabian groaned as he and Camilla turned back around to look at the table.

"So, what should we do now?" Patricia asked. Her and Alfie had seen the twin's movement and copied it to see the same thing. Their next hurdle was trying to outsmart Victor enough to get him to take off the Amulets. 

"We just need to wait until he goes to sleep or something..." Nina said to the team, "then we can take them off him."

Patricia pulled a disgusted face, "Ahhh, Victor in his pyjamas."

Amber also pulled a face, "I may actually throw up."

Jokingly Nina lowered her voice, "What if he never changes his clothes?!"

"Then we make him..." Amber said with a smile on her face. Amber had just had a lightbulb moment. "Watch." Before anyone could stop her Amber was on her feet and she skipped through to the kitchen. The Sibuna's all turned in their seats to watch whatever Amber was about to do.

The girl waited until she saw Victor kneel down under the sink before she casually leaned over and switched on the tap. Of course, due to Victor being in the middle of fixing the pipes of the sink, the water flowed down straight onto the man who was kneeling below it. This caused everyone to burst out laughing.

Spluttering Victor came out from under the sink and glowered at Amber as he dripped with water. "Look what you've done you, you silly girl! Look at this mess!"

"I'm sorry Victor!" Amber innocently told him, "I didn't see you there!"

Vera glanced to Amber who had backed out of the kitchen with a kind smile, "there's no harm done,"

"Victor, you should probably take a shower..." Nina called over to him from the table.

"Defiantly, like right now?" Fabian offered.

"No thank you," Victor said to them all in his normal stern tone, "I am quite alright." He had taken off his white shirt to show he had an undershirt on, he waved the shirt for someone to take, "someone go get me a clean from the laundry,"

Alfie jumped to his feet and grabbed the dirty shirt from Victor, "I'll do it." He said before racing off. 

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Amber's attempt was noted but it wasn't enough to get Victor to take off the amulets. Camilla knocked on the man's office door, a cup of tea in hand for him before she went to the Sibuna meeting Nina had called.

"I thought you might want some tea; you've had an afternoon..." Camilla explained through a yawn.

"Thank you," Victor said with a smile to her as she rounded the desk to see what he was up too.

"What are you reading?" Camilla asked looking over his shoulder, being shocked by the potion he was on the current page for, "The Draft of Death, lovely. Oh, do I want to know why you're reading this book, Vicky?"

"Can you read this with ease?" Victor asked, ignoring Camilla as she picked up the book and flicked through it.

"Can you not?" She asked, "there seems to be the normal stuff, you know, spells, potions and curses... all sorts. You do know there is a chapter missing though, the last one... that's totally the one you needed isn't it." She glanced at the man who didn't even try to hide the fact that yes, he felt the chapter he was missing was the one he needed. Camilla closed the book and read the title, the book of Isis. She pulled a face and put it back on the man's desk; it could be teaching things for all she knew.

"You're not going to ask any more annoying questions?" Victor asked sceptically as he watched the young girl walk back around the desk and towards the office door.

Camilla paused by the door and looked back at him, "In this house, I've come to learn people are more what they hide than what they show." She told the man, "you have a reason not to share that with me yet, so I'll find out what it is when the time is right." She sent him a smile before leaving the office and shutting the door. The man watched her go before glancing to the 5 old leather-bound books he kept in the corner of his room. They were unassuming and something Camilla had overlooked many times. Yes, things where defiantly more what they hid than what they showed because if she had read those books she'd know of her destiny and her and her brother's truth - Victor wasn't sure she was ready to face that truth yet. 

The rest of the Sibuna's were already in the girl's bedroom when Camilla slipped in, smiling at them all before sitting down on her bed next to Patricia. Alfie had explained to them all about him adding itching powder onto the new shirt he had given Victor. Nina and Fabian looked to one another before racing from the room, maybe he'd take the amulets off when going to Vera to help him with his itch.

Of course, that plan was also a fail. 20 minutes later the two came trapesing back to the room shaking their heads. They had to come up with a new plan... and fast. 

-----------------------------------------------------

I've had the comment on FanFiction.net where I also post this story that season 1 was far more descriptive. That the jumping around is making it hard to follow. 

What do you think?
Because I can try to make it more descriptive/easier to follow if this is the case? Honest feedback wanted here :) 

Fav, Comment and Share

Love ya
Sarah xxx 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 760 22
"I'm just a broken doll." "Don't you let yourself believe that for a second." ~Book 2 in the Saving Sage Series ~ Sage Beatty has fallen used to her...
5.8K 125 8
"steven grant rogers pick up the phone right now or i swear to god you will no longer have a wife" [book 3 in the kbmcu] [steve x oc] [bucky x oc] [c...
725 108 11
◤𝙎𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝◥ 𝘊𝘰𝘶𝘱𝘭𝘦:Nammin,yoonkook 𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘳𝘦:𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘤,𝘴𝘮𝘶𝘵,𝘗𝘴𝘺𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘺 "اتفاقات باعث میشن تو دیگه به هیچ آدمی ا...
21.3K 843 28
Happiness,pain, sadness I can't feel any of these I am just a toy,a toy of Lord William Kidnapped at the age of 6 Ali forgot everything about her par...