Unsteady; House of Anubis *B2*

By SarahRCubitt13

Unsteady; adjective - moving or changing, or not firm: It's a new school year! Everyone is back at Anubis Hou... More

[1] House of Hello
[2] House of Dolls
[3] House of Spirits
[4] House of Blackmail
[5] House of Rivals
[6] House of Faces
[7] House of Myths
[8] House of Nightmares
[9] House of Combinations
[10] House of Heartbreak
[11] House of Tunnels
[12] House of Goodbyes
[13] House of Protection
[14] House of Letters
[15] House of Who?
[16] House of Frauds
[18] House of Divides
[19] House of Crushes
[20] House of Vertigo
[21] House of Pressure
[22] House of Deja Vu
[23] House of Hoods
[24] House of Deceit
[25] House of Sibuna
[26] House of Payback
[27] House of Pendulums
[28] House of Impasse
[29] House of Help
[30] House of Phobias
[31] House of Isis
[32] House of Curfews
[33] House of Dead-Ends
[34] House of Webs
[35] House of Fronts
[36] House of Keepers
[37] House of Hacks
[38] House of Stings
[39] House of Double-Cross
[40] House of Wires
[41] House of Envy
[42] House of Names
[43] House of Evidence
Auther Update
[44] House of Genius
[45] House of Slander
[46] House of Hasty
[47] House of Sorry
[48] House of Hex
[49] House of Silence
[50] House of Warnings
[51] House of Status
[52] House of Laments
[53] House of Heists
[54] House of Alibis
[55] House of Oblivion
[56] House of Snoops
[57] House of Reflections
[58] House of Stooges
[59] House of Zodiacs
[60] House of Reckoning
[61] House of Trades
[62] House of Magic
[63] House of Tricks
[64] House of Whispers
[65] House of Duplicity
[66] House of Hauntings
[67] House of Collections
[68] House of Speculation
[69] House of Sabotage
[70] House of Nine Lives
[71] House of Forgeries
[72] House of Hijack
[73] House of Freeze
[74] House of Timeout
[75] House of Reflectors
[76] House of Illusions
[77] House of Dreams
[78] House of Pitfalls
[79] House of Phantoms
[80] House of Surrender
[81] House of Strategy
[82] House of Memory
[83] House of Pretenders
[84] House of Trouble
[85] House of Traps
[86] House of Stakes
[87] House of Missions
[88] House of Captives
[89] House of the Chosen
[90] House of Freedom
COVERS/EDITS
Questions for the Cast
Fun Facts
House of Sequels
10 Questions from Me to You

[17] House of Chance

1.9K 79 42
By SarahRCubitt13

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla and Nina were both woken up with a scream from Amber. Neither girl slept deeply anymore and the moment they heard the girl the two were out their beds in a flash and by her side. Amber jolting awakes to see her friend's concerned faces.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Nina asked Amber as Camilla put an arm around her and pulled her into a hug, to try to comfort her.

"the spirit lady... she came after me..." Amber explained in a panic looking at her hands, arms and wrists knowing that's where Camilla, Fabian and Nina had all been marked. "she offered me her hand."

"you didn't take it did you?" Camilla instantly asked, looking around protectively. She loved Nina and Fabian, but if the bitch of a spirit came for Amber the woman was asking for war.

"No, no..." Amber reassured Camilla grabbing her hand. "tell me this was all a dream..." she asked the pair, who looked to one another.

Nina leaned forward knowing Camilla couldn't lie to Amber. Anyone else 100% the girl could but there was something about Amber that Camilla just couldn't. their whole friendship was built on truth and Camilla valued that above all, she wasn't going to ruin it now. "it was all a dream," Nina tried to calmly say to the blonde before she let out a deep breath looking between the pair, "I'm so sorry for dragging you guys into all of those," Nina told them upset.

Amber smiled and grabbed Nina's hand with the one that wasn't clinging to Camilla's for dear life, "Hey," she told the American girl reassuringly, "you didn't drag, I pushed." Nina smiled slightly at this causing Camilla to smile too as Nina looked her way.

"Your fated to be stuck with me for life Nim, I'd get used to me being dragged into all this kinda stuff if I was you," Camilla joked causing the American to let out a watery chuckle and grab Camilla's other hand joining up the circle between the three girls. Nina looked at the two girls in front of her and once again thanked whatever gods gave her them, these two would follow her to hell and back and only complain about the moisture in the air ruining their hair and the sweat over anything else.

"Anyways, I'm glad... we're glad," Amber said looking to Camilla to see her nod at the statement.

"A crazy spirit has targeted you both and your both glad?" Nina asked them, causing smiles to creep onto all their faces as they all heard how ridiculous that sentence sounded.

"Well, glad might be stretching it..." Amber teased causing Camilla to elbow her and the two to laugh.

"What Ambs is trying to say is with you here life's not dull," Camilla told the American with a smile.

"Unlike your hair," Amber interjected, "you really need to do something with it, Nina," Amber told her causing her to laugh loudly. Camilla slept the rest of that night with Amber, who didn't need to do more than clutch the girl's hand under the blankets to tell her she was scared of the spirit coming again in her dreams. Not wanting to worry Nina, Camilla made it appear like she was doing her 'duty' as protector and the blonde was grateful of the small Rutter twin's presence for the remainder of the night. Neither girl letting go of the other's hand all night.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Camilla was seriously regretting agreeing to wear a cheerleading uniform to cheer on Donkey Day. She knew Jerome was her best friend but even she had to question a few things. The cheer uniform in question was a very short blue skirt, with a white lining around the edges (thank god for black bike shorts) which Jerome had Camilla pin a donkey tail onto, and a matching crop top, with donkey ears. Camilla then had to deal with Amber doing her make-up and hair, the make-up wasn't the issue until the girl stuck fake eyelashes to her eyes, and the hair was also okay, it was a half up/half down look her hair curled to perfection (like only Amber could do). The blonde goddess wanted to add a bow but Camilla put her foot down with that. The only saving grace was that Camilla could walk around the school in blue high-top converse for the day and she was clutching to that as if it was the only thing keeping her alive.

She was stood next to Jerome arms crossed in the student's lounge watching as those taking part in the Wonky Donkey got their rope from Jerome and tied their legs together.

"You look..." Jerome whispered from beside the girl, only to get a hand raised and a glare.

"No." Camilla instantly said, "I look ridiculous, and we both know it,"

"I was going to say you look great," Jerome softly told her watching her stiffen up at his words. Clearly, she didn't feel comfortable.

"Please be quiet, I can't even hear myself losing the will to live." She muttered to the boy who quickly unbuttoned his jumper. Jerome couldn't fight the smile that appeared on his face the moment he put the jumper around the smaller girls' shoulders and it caused her to instantly relax as if the small piece of material was fighting off all the unwanted gazes, she was getting her way. it was like Amber's student body campaign all over again but worse, as this time she was getting glares from the actual cheer team who had to wear their Anum Academy cheer uniform which was a burgundy colour making the small Rutter stand out instantly. Camilla looked up at him and smiled slightly as she put her arms through the sleeves. They both knew nothing needed to be said to the other.

"Oh wow," Eddie's voice rang out from behind them causing the two to turn around though Eddie's eyes remained on Camilla, "who knew a cheer uniform could look that good." This caused a laugh from Camilla as she turned to find the rope Joy and laid out with Eddie and Patricia's name on it.

"The things I do to support my friends," she laughed, causing Jerome to scoff loudly.

"from what I've heard, this is little outfit nothing," Eddie told her causing the girl to raise her eyebrows at him, the smile on her face in the boy's direction was causing Jerome to get more annoyed by the second. It was a mischievous one as if the two shared some inside joke he didn't understand.

"I've only been at the school a few days and I've already heard all about Camilla-Anne Rutter and her puppet mastery skills. The only girl who can get just about anyone to do what she wants, including Jerome and Alfie," Eddie elaborated as he moved closer to Camilla to receive a laugh as a response. Her head tipping back and the curls in her hair rippling like waves.

Eddie looked to Jerome and was unsurprised him watching the small girl laugh and a smile creeping onto the guys face. Along with his research into who the girl was and her reputation – which had impressed him a lot looking at her file and the reasons for some of her detentions – he had also heard the whisper mill of people thinking her and Jerome where together though that clearly wasn't the case, just yet. Eddie wasn't blind, the two had some feelings for one another but from the way Camilla acted she hadn't realised her's yet and from the way he had seen Jerome fawn over Mara the boy was in denial about his feelings about Camilla and going after the safer option in his life.

"I did tell you to do your research," Camilla told Eddie as she handed him his rope, "have fun being attached to Patricia all day," she told him giving him a knowing look he wasn't sure he liked nor understood.

It seemed as easily as he could read the situation with her and Jerome, she could read the situation with him and Patricia.

"This is going to be a very long day." Patricia angrily grumbled as Eddie sat down next to her, after grabbing the rope from Camilla and what looked like flirted with her (in Patricia's opinion from the laughter and the sour look on Jerome's face he was trying to hide), Eddie lent down and started to tie their legs together.

"If you don't speak it's going to go a lot faster," Eddie instantly argued back before he could stop himself.

Opposite them Amber was trying to fix her hair as she had spent all morning making sure Camilla's looked perfect, she didn't give her hair half the time it needed. Alfie was trying to be the perfect helpful boyfriend holding the mirror for her, just for Amber to spray her hairspray and it going straight into his face. "AMBER!" He yelled in pain.

"Oops!" Amber innocently said as they all turned to look at the noise. "Sorry!" she apologised, before she turned to look at the Anubis housemates who were with them in the student lounge with a serious expression, "I've just thought, what's going to happen when I need to go to the..." she whistled twice, and they all knew she meant the bathroom. Causing Camilla and Patricia to look at each other in amusement as they realised Amber was panicking the most over that, than being attached to Alfie all day. Alfie, whom they loved dearly, but had no coordination what so ever.

"So, by the end of today," Mara spoke up, Camilla letting out a frustrated sigh which was mirrored by Jerome as they both turned to see the nerdy girl on her calculator. Mara had found out that Donkey Day was a scam (a shock to no one because it was Jerome who was organising it) and she was forcing the boy to actually donate the proceeds to a donkey charity meaning that the Clarke's where back to square one when it came to paying off their P.I. "you should have approximately £200," she told the duo, her face falling into a frown as she took in Camilla's outfit, her eyes lingering on the fact the girl was wearing Jerome's jumper which was, in fact, longer than the skirt she was wearing. "what are you expecting from games and stalls?" she asked matter-of-factly causing Jerome to run a hand down his face before he spoke in forced politeness,

"I don't know Mara, because this is not a math-off!" Mara gave Jerome a look causing the boy to sigh, "the Donkey's will get it all." He told her bluntly.

"Make sure they do," she warned before she looked back at Camilla, "I can't believe you were encouraging him, Camilla," Mara told the girl in a tone she assumed was meant to sound disappointed.

"Again, how was I encouraging him if I'm not sponsoring anything?" Camilla asked crossing her arms. She had been given a right shouting too by the girl the night before for encouraging Jerome in scamming the school which Camilla didn't take seriously at all and she knew that probably irked Mara more than anything.

"You're literally cheering him on!" Mara countered gesturing to the outfit Camilla was wearing.

"but this is for Donkey Day Mara," Camilla said in an innocent tone, as she swung her tail in her hand, "which is now a charity day thanks to you, which means I'm actually encouraging charity work!" she countered in a false shocked voice moving past Mara to sit down on the couch seat Patricia and Eddie were sat on, happy to high-five Eddie who held his hand out for her laughing at her tone and the scoff the nerdy girl gave as she realised Camilla had found a loophole to get Mara to shut up. With that Mara turned on her heel and walked out the room, causing Eddie and Camilla to smirk at one another before Patricia's laugh caused them to look to see what she was finding so funny.

Jerome was sniffing the air before he bent down and sniffed Alfie's head, "dude smells like a lady this morning." He informed Alfie before backing out his space and walking around the couches to sit down in the empty armchair between the two tied up couples.

"Jerome," Amber instantly pipped up as the boy sat down, "Alfie is not going to the bathroom with me. I'm going to be untying this knot when I need to go."

"Fine," Jerome said rather amused at the blondes warning, "but you will be out of the game, legs have to stay together at all times."

"I drink a litre of water every morning for hydration purposes," Amber argued, causing Alfie to look to Camilla who nodded her head, before the girl got out of bed she sat and drank her water and caught up on social media. It was part of Ambers routine.

Jerome saw the interaction with Camilla and Alfie causing his smile to widen as he realised the game just got a lot more interesting as he knew Alfie wanted to win the fancy chocolates Fabian had donated as the prize for Wonky-Donkey, "oh," Jerome mocked, "well that raises the stakes a bit."

Eddie turned to look behind him as he watched some of the lower school bring buckets of mushed Carrot onto the stage, "ready to get served, Jerry?" he asked turning back to Jerome who's smile dropped as he too glanced at the stage.

"Absolutely." Camilla had never heard such a fake enthusiasm before in her life, especially from Jerome, "last thing this afternoon, when we have sourced every bit of carrot in the neighbourhood."

"Amber?" Mara called as she walked back into the room, in her hands a raffle ticket book so clearly, she was in the middle of helping set up stalls, "do you have those extra gifts for the lucky dip?"

Amber groaned, "I left them on my bed," she turned to Alfie, "we'll go and get them, come on." With that, the two got to their feet. Both trying to walk in opposite directions causing them to pingback to one another comically. "ALFIE!" Amber screamed in frustration as the rest of the room laughed, with that, she started to chant, "Inside, outside, inside, outside!" as the pair left the room slowly.

"I don't see why your laughing," Patricia spoke up as she saw Eddie watching the two leave with a huge grin on his face, "we haven't even tried walking yet."

Eddie shrugged and got to his feet and held a hand out to help up Patricia who batted it away and went to stand up herself. However, Eddie had other plans and the moment she went to move he moved their joined leg causing Patricia to go falling back against the couch. Causing him and Jerome to burst out laughing as Camilla smiled only once, she knew her friend was okay.

"Cut it out!" Patricia warned him.

"Okay, okay..." Eddie promised as Patricia got to her feet. Jerome and Camilla watching on amused as the pair struggled to leave the room, it was defiantly going to be a very long day for the two of them.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Camilla decided to go exploring to see what games and stalls were out for Donkey Day, as well as do her job on cheering them on. It didn't take long after Amber and Alfie got back from collecting the prizes for the lucky dip that Amber decided that winning didn't matter as much to her as peeing did and she unknotted the rope around her and Alfie and rushed off. Which meant Alfie was manning the lucky dip solo so the moment he saw Camilla he waved her over and the two started to play Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard Spock.

"Cammie, what are you wearing?" An amused voice came from across the table causing the two to stop their game and glance toward the other side of the table to see Poppy Clarke looking at Camilla with an amused smile.

"Popsicle, blame your brother... and Amber. Raffle ticket on me?" Camilla offered, causing the girl to smile and nod, Camilla passing the money over to Alfie before turning to walk around the table to see her uncle Jasper.

"Uncle Jasper!" Camilla grinned at him, causing him to smile back before pausing to look at her outfit, "don't ask... or tell Uncle Abe." Camilla warned with a wave of her hand before turning back to the lucky dip table.

Jasper following behind her and handing over a tenner to Alfie, "Whoa," the boy took in the money in shock, "how many goes Mr Choudhary?"

"10," Jasper told the boy with a smile, "I'll pick five and Cammie can pick five."

"Our family love a good lucky dip," Camilla explained to Alfie who shrugged before glancing at Poppy who had drawn her number, Camilla going to the dipping pot and picking out ten numbers.

"Here you go," she heard Alfie say to Poppy, who had pocketed whatever it was in her bag by the time Camilla passed her numbers to Alfie.

Alfie started to collect Camilla's prises the two knowing anything Amber donated that Camilla won the blonde would claim back, "want me just to put this in the box of Amber's prises?" Alfie asked, looking down at the pink box by his feet which was full.

"Go for it." Camilla laughed missing the encounter with Jasper and Poppy. She felt a hand grab her's and Poppy smiled at her.

"they are announcing winners soon," Poppy told the girl who was laughing with Alfie, giving Jasper a confused glance, "you might want to be there since your handing out prizes..." Camilla groaned but allowed Poppy to drag her away from the stall, waving at Jasper and Alfie as she did. Not missing Jasper's clenched jaw as his eyes were focused on Poppy's bag.

"So, what do you think about the new guy in your year?" Poppy asked as they wandered up to the stage, the room was filling but they still had some time to talk, "the girls in mine think he is positively dreamy," Poppy rolled her eyes at the last word causing Camilla to laugh.

"Eddie seems cool," Camilla shrugged as she sat on the stage, "though I think Jerome has met his match with him. The carrot mush was all his idea."

Poppy looked sceptical, "Hmmm, I don't know, I'm sure we could outsmart him if we put our heads together."

This caused Camilla to burst out laughing getting the attention of Jerome at the side of the stage, the boy pausing to take in the sight, his sister and his Milly (who he was happy to see was still wearing his jumper). Poppy always smiled more with Camilla, and Camilla always seemed to relax around Poppy as if it was the only time she didn't need to be anything but a sister there were no real secrets between the two and their time together was always small but he knew they both appreciated the time they had together. Jerome knew he was bad at the sibling thing but he would always be grateful Poppy now had Camilla, knowing the girl Poppy now had Camilla as a sister for life.

"Oh Popsicle," Camilla lent down and whispered, "I knew you were my favourite Clarke for a reason."

"Milly!" Jerome called causing the girl's heads to turn but their smiles didn't waver causing him to grin, "ready to hand out prizes?"

Camilla nodded swivelling around and not so gracefully getting to her feet.

How Amber could stand and smile and just be pretty Camilla didn't get, thankfully the last prize was the Wonky-Donkey then it was Jerome's turn to round out the day. Standing on the stage next to Jerome, Camilla picked up the box of expensive French chocolates.

"and the winners of the Wonky-Donkey are..." Jerome called loudly, "Eddie and Patricia! With 6 hours and 30 minutes!!"

The room burst into Clapping and the pair came up on stage to get their prize from Camilla with smiles.

"Thank you, Cam," Eddie told her with a smile and a wink, causing Jerome and Patricia to scoff. Both Eddie and Camilla's smiles widening at the noises, "and I would also like to thank the academy."

"Eh excuse me! That's an award we share." Patricia commented as Eddie walked down the stairs, holding his hand out to help Camilla down them before he wandered into the crowd. Camilla walking over to Amber, who looped her arm in Camilla's instantly.

"Yeah, but I pulled most of the weight, especially yours" Eddie retorted causing not only Patricia's eyes to widen in shock but Camilla and Ambers too.

"Yeah?" Patricia bit back, "we'll you need to think about using a stronger deodorant. Because there's no polite way to say this, but you stink!"

"Yeah, well if you get up in my face again, at least take a mint." With that, Eddie turned on his heel and stormed off.

Amber turned to Camilla, "they are way crazy about each other..."

"Sexual Tension!" Camilla responded with a nod of her head causing them both to burst out laughing at the disgusted look Patricia through them both. 

-----------------------------------------------------

New Day New Chapter!!! I'm loving the support for Eddie! 

Fav, Comment and Share

Love ya
Sarah xxx 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 159 4
This story about a blonde hair skin in his new school with his best friends
626K 14.1K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
40.7K 579 54
Kasia Stilinski is no stranger to the supernatural, but being around a werewolf, a Banshee, werewolf hunters, and other such residents of Beacon Hill...
73.3K 2.4K 19
"You're not at all like what I expected." ˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚ In which the bastard son stumbles upon a princess nothing like she should be. ˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚ Being t...