Unsteady; House of Anubis *B2*

By SarahRCubitt13

Unsteady; adjective - moving or changing, or not firm: It's a new school year! Everyone is back at Anubis Hou... More

[1] House of Hello
[2] House of Dolls
[3] House of Spirits
[4] House of Blackmail
[5] House of Rivals
[6] House of Faces
[7] House of Myths
[8] House of Nightmares
[9] House of Combinations
[10] House of Heartbreak
[11] House of Tunnels
[12] House of Goodbyes
[13] House of Protection
[14] House of Letters
[16] House of Frauds
[17] House of Chance
[18] House of Divides
[19] House of Crushes
[20] House of Vertigo
[21] House of Pressure
[22] House of Deja Vu
[23] House of Hoods
[24] House of Deceit
[25] House of Sibuna
[26] House of Payback
[27] House of Pendulums
[28] House of Impasse
[29] House of Help
[30] House of Phobias
[31] House of Isis
[32] House of Curfews
[33] House of Dead-Ends
[34] House of Webs
[35] House of Fronts
[36] House of Keepers
[37] House of Hacks
[38] House of Stings
[39] House of Double-Cross
[40] House of Wires
[41] House of Envy
[42] House of Names
[43] House of Evidence
Auther Update
[44] House of Genius
[45] House of Slander
[46] House of Hasty
[47] House of Sorry
[48] House of Hex
[49] House of Silence
[50] House of Warnings
[51] House of Status
[52] House of Laments
[53] House of Heists
[54] House of Alibis
[55] House of Oblivion
[56] House of Snoops
[57] House of Reflections
[58] House of Stooges
[59] House of Zodiacs
[60] House of Reckoning
[61] House of Trades
[62] House of Magic
[63] House of Tricks
[64] House of Whispers
[65] House of Duplicity
[66] House of Hauntings
[67] House of Collections
[68] House of Speculation
[69] House of Sabotage
[70] House of Nine Lives
[71] House of Forgeries
[72] House of Hijack
[73] House of Freeze
[74] House of Timeout
[75] House of Reflectors
[76] House of Illusions
[77] House of Dreams
[78] House of Pitfalls
[79] House of Phantoms
[80] House of Surrender
[81] House of Strategy
[82] House of Memory
[83] House of Pretenders
[84] House of Trouble
[85] House of Traps
[86] House of Stakes
[87] House of Missions
[88] House of Captives
[89] House of the Chosen
[90] House of Freedom
COVERS/EDITS
Questions for the Cast
Fun Facts
House of Sequels
10 Questions from Me to You

[15] House of Who?

1.9K 80 44
By SarahRCubitt13

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

The nerdy duo that was Fabian and Nina found 8 of the 9 books in the library whilst Camilla was out for the day with Jerome, however, one book had been checked out by a DABed, which actually meant Mrs Andrews had the book or something? Camilla lost interest Fabian's explanation around then and just nodded to what her brother said, along with that Alfie seemed to realise Amber could see, or so the mutterings Camilla heard him mumble as she and Jerome entered the house would tell her.

It was Poppy who ran up to Camilla the next day at school looking a little upset and telling the older girl all about how the P.I hadn't found anything causing Camilla to hunt for Jerome Clarke, because she knew otherwise and by the gods, if he didn't tell his sister their dad was in contact with them (or trying to contact them) she would. On her hunt for Jerome, Fabian rushed past her, with Amber and Nina in tow and pulled her off to Mrs Andrew's classroom.

"What is this all about Fabian?" Camilla muttered as she watched her friends search the teacher's desk and classroom, "Did Mrs Andrews finally get annoyed at you for handing in your homework early, so your trying to find it again to hand it in with the rest of us normal humans?"

This caused a laugh from Amber and Nina turned to look at the female twin who was sat on her desk watching them with a smile. Only Camilla would take their hunt for The Mask and add a light element to it. Nina knew the harder the tasks got the more they would need Camilla's comments.

"No Camilla," Fabian told his sister, the smile on his face giving away he thought her comment was funny despite the tone he was using, "we just need the one last book to complete the name."

"you think Andrews took it and left it lying around her classroom for two years?" Amber asked causing Camilla to point to her, she had said a very similar thing to Fabian the night before but what did she know?! Fabian looked to Camilla and gave her an exasperated look, he didn't drag her along just to sass them, do no work and agree with Amber when she too points out the huge flaw in their plan. "Yeah right!" Amber said, "why don't we search her bag as well?"

Before either Nina or Fabian could explain to Nina how they should not go through a teacher's bag and how wrong that would be, the door to the classroom opened and Mrs Andrew's herself walked in, a little surprised to see four students in her class before the bell had even rung. "you're all very keen," she said in surprise though that was aimed more towards Camilla and Amber, she had seen Fabian, Nina and Mara all in her classroom well before her on too many occasions.

Amber smiled at the woman before picking up the first book she felt on the shelf and held it up to the woman who was clearly questioning their reasoning for being in the classroom. "Found it!" she happily exclaimed pulling out a dictionary causing Camilla to bite her lip to stop herself from laughing, "Nina says it a real page-turner..."

Mrs Andrews looked a little bewildered but plastered on a fake smile, "Yes... that's a dictionary, Amber."

Amber's eyes widened as she looked at the book in her hand, "yes... yes, it is. I've been wanting to read it for ages..." she kept lying causing the twins to have to look away from each other as they tried not to laugh.

"If this is a ruse to get you out of that detention, I gave you yesterday, forget it," Mrs Andrew's spoke up causing Camilla's head to whip around to Fabians with a smirk, he had told her they had gotten out of detention.

Fabian rolled his eyes at Camilla's expression before he turned to Mrs Andrews, "No, actually Mrs Andrews, this is about the Frobisher Library." Fabian told her confidently, having clearly come up with some lie or something, "A very important book has gone missing, apparently, and we thought you'd be able to make an announcement about it in class." That was one way to get the book back, getting Mrs A to bring it back herself.

"Well, I could do," Mrs Andrews nodded, "but nobody's borrowed a book from there since..." she trailed off and they could all see the look of realisation wash over her face before she turned back to Fabian with her normal expression.

"What is it?" Fabian asked innocently.

"Nothing," she smiled at him, "but I think I know where that book might be. Leave it with me." She told them as the school bell rang, and Amber made her way over to Camilla who was sat on their desk giving her a bright smile. They now all just had to wait for Mrs A to bring them the book herself.

Jerome came into the classroom panicking but he and Alfie were talking in hushed tones so the only thing Camilla heard was something about Donkeys? Sometimes her friends were strange. With that, she settled in her seat and turned to face the front as Mrs A started to talk.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Camilla was in the student common room when Jerome finally sat himself down next to her with a sigh. Picking up the worksheet Camilla had just finished for French causing the girl to look up and pluck it from his fingers away from Jerome's prying eyes, "You can't copy my homework," she mumbled with a highlighter in her mouth as she wrote down quotes from the play she was reading onto her notepad.

Jerome frowned and looked at her confused, "you let me the other day,"

"Yeah, well – you get one a week."

"Since when has that rule existed?" he asked trying to look at the Shakespeare essay she was currently researching.

Camilla noticed and covered her paper with her hand sending Jerome a mock glare before throwing her highlighter at him, "Since now."

"So not fair!"

"that's absolutely fair –"

Before Camilla could say anything, else there was a shout from across the room from a student she had never seen around before, "GUYS!" The American twang was distinctive amongst their British classmates who didn't seem even fazed by the squabbling between Jerome and Camilla.

The boy who had spoken was dressed in an overly 'I'm trying to look cool' way for Camilla, leather jacket and all, his dirty blonde hair was spiked up as he gave the duo a dirty look. Clearly, because they had awoken him from his nap.

The two looked around at him before looking back at each other and laughing. Knowing that she was going to get little to no work done now Jerome had joined her on the couch she put her notebook back in her bag and decided just to keep highlighting quotes she could use in her essay. Jerome realising what she was doing grabbed a pillow and put it on her lap so he could lie down and watch her as she read over her work. He could tell what she was thinking all from the expressions on her face. A useful quote came with a slight eyebrow raise before the highlighter was put to book – Jerome's head being used as a lean but that's what he got for lying where he was – anything unhelpful came with a scrunching of her nose and the most subtle shake of the head, and anything she was unsure of she paused to mouth the line as if reading it out loud. The duo sat like this for about 10 minutes until Camilla decided to talk to him, "You know, Poppy came to me rather upset earlier," she spoke softly, looking at Jerome over her book. "Something about the P.I. having not found anything, and her feeling guilty because you're in debt for nothing."

Jerome let out a sigh and looked up at Camilla, "My dad's in jail Milly... how am I meant to tell Poppy that our dads a criminal?"

"Your sister is a lot stronger than you give her credit for," Camilla told him softly, "plus she will find out eventually, she is a Clarke after all," Jerome ran his hands through his hair causing it to stick up unnaturally and cause a smile to appear on Camilla's face, "I know siblings are hard and despite everything, I am incredibly lucky to have Fabian, but Poppy wants nothing more than her big brother and you're pushing her away."

"Did Poppy say anything else to you while you two were having a heart to heart?" Jerome asked.

"Yes, she told me you and Mara are a thing?" Camilla asked quietly, trying not to display how much saying that annoyed her so much though she didn't understand why, "I thought you were over your crush on her, or are you seeing if you can be her rebound."

Jerome of course scoffed and didn't bother to comment on Camilla's dig on his crush on Mara, "so girl talk?" Camilla rolled her eyes at this, Jerome had stated many times that he felt girls spent 90% of their time together talking about boys, something Camilla couldn't counter often because she was best friends with Amber unless they were talking Sibuna they were talking boys, so this time she didn't bother to comment especially as Joy and Patricia came into the room proving Jerome's point true causing Jerome to smirk up at Camilla.

"talk to Fabian, please!" Joy asked Patricia, causing the duo on the couch to instantly become interested in their conversation for two very different reasons. "I just need to know are they on or are they off," Camilla frowned but she couldn't do anything about it. She said to Joy she'd step in because Fabian was with Nina, now he was single Joy could go after him. "And be subtle," Joy added causing Patricia to scoff at her, "okay scratch subtle!" Joy laughed as she took in her words.

Patricia laughed and the two went to move onto the stage, Patricia walking the new American guy for the second time in the last 15 minutes.

"Whoa!" he exclaimed looking around, his eyes landing on Patricia.

"Stick your feet in will you!" Patricia told him with a little more bite than was probably needed.

"You woke me!"

"Yeah we'll student lounges are for lounging, not sleeping, the clue's in the name" Patricia quipped back instantly, causing Joy to look around and see Camilla and Jerome were watching the conversation with interest, Jerome even lifting his head from Camilla's lap and sitting up to watch the show easier.

"Okay," the American sat up and looked at Patricia, "I was on a plane for 8 hours, and then I was on a train for four more and now I'm in boresville UK and don't need a lecture from you, Hermione!"

Instantly the three Sibuna's who knew Patricia grimaced at the boy's words, Patricia was more than happy to argue back, "great that's all we need, another patronising American who's only reference to the UK is Harry Potter! Who are you anyway?" she demanded.

"Who are you?"

"I asked first."

The boy by this point had a smirk on his face as he took in Patricia, clearly, despite the arguing, Patricia now had an admirer, "okay then..." he laughed.

"next time you trip someone up," Patricia warned him, "remember it's considered polite to apologise in this country."

"Do you ever stop talking?" the boy asked the second she was done talking, "I should call you blabs or Yacker..." the boy paused to see the dirty look Patricia gave him at the word causing his smirk to creep into a full-blown smile, "yeah... Yacker!" he told her with a point of his finger.

"And maybe I should call you a taxi back to the airport!" Patricia hissed angrily at him.

The new guy clapped slowly at her 'burn', "devastating..." he whispered mockingly.

"Well as much as I'd love to stand here trading stereotypes, I think I'm going to hang somewhere else." With that, Patricia turned on her heel, grabbed Joy's arm and pulled her back the way they had come in.

Jerome and Camilla hearing Joy whisper to Patricia, "he's kind of cute,"

"In his dreams maybe," Patricia scoffed back.

Jerome turned to Camilla and the two burst out laughing as the bell rang. Camilla gathered her stuff and glanced back at the new American boy who winked her way causing her to smile and shake her head – it take a lot more than a sassy comment for that to work on her. Jerome seeing the interaction and frowning.

"What do you think of that new development?" Jerome asked bringing Camilla's attention back to him.

Camilla shrugged, "new blood is always needed around here, plus Joy is right, he is pretty cute," Camilla smiled sweetly at Jerome before walking towards their next class causing Jerome to frown at Camilla's words. Looking at the new boy before rushing after Camilla. He didn't like her thinking like that, and he didn't know why he didn't like it which irked him more.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Amber and Nina had been on a mission get the book of Andrews during lunch, Amber informing her that they had gotten the book but Nina now knew about the 'Study Buddy' situation with Fabian and Joy causing Camilla to groan and fall back on her bed. She couldn't intervene, she had said as much to Joy but by gods, the girl knew how to make a wound hurt more for Nina.

"Guys, you coming?" Nina called from the hallway and the two girls looked at each other. Mission Fabina was ago... the two nerds in their lives were perfect for each other they just needed to get over themselves.

Amber and Camilla joined the two in question in the tunnels to see what would happen when they put the final book in the bookcase. Camilla stood by the pedestal that was still glowing.

"Okay, last one," Nina nervously said looking down at the book in Amber's hand, "let's see what happens."

Amber took that as her cue to put the book in its place and the moment she did the same mechanical creaking noises could be heard around them. The three by the bookcase turning to watch the pedestal as it glowed brightly, a blue flame appearing almost before a cubed object erupted from the flames. Camilla glanced at Fabian who nodded at her before she stepped forward and gently picked the cube from the flames causing them to die down and the pedestal to become just that once more.

"What is it?" Nina asked as Camilla turned around to show them her new cube.

"If its shiny and expensive its mine!" Amber claimed dibs.

Fabian glanced from the cube to the wall blocking their path with the hexagon shape, "I think it's the key to that door." He said softly.

"Open it!" Nina demanded of Camilla causing the girl to shoot her a dirty look. She was the girl's protector but she wasn't some dog the American could demand stuff off. Fabian seeing the look her sister shot Nina took the cube off her and tried to twist it open but nothing, the thing wasn't budging.

"Well talk about an Anti-climax," Camilla muttered.

"Nina!" Fabian reassured the girl with a smile as he struggled to 'open' the cube, "we will find that mask if it's the last thing we do."

"Let's just focus on getting through the next set of tunnels, shall we?" Nina told Fabian who nodded. Camilla taking the cube off him and throwing it in the air before catching it again. As Nina and Amber turned to leave the tunnels. Nothing was ever easy at Anubis but Camilla knew they'd figure out whatever the cube was to do eventually. 

-----------------------------------------------------

It's official! WE HAVE AN EDDIE IN OUR STORY!!!

Also, I have been told a day I am starting my work up again so as of then no daily uploads of chapters - till then however I'm gonna try write as much as I can and try to get as many chapters up as I can for you all!

Fav, Comment and Share

Love ya
Sarah xxx 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
558K 12.3K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
5.8K 125 8
"steven grant rogers pick up the phone right now or i swear to god you will no longer have a wife" [book 3 in the kbmcu] [steve x oc] [bucky x oc] [c...
722 108 11
◤𝙎𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝◥ 𝘊𝘰𝘶𝘱𝘭𝘦:Nammin,yoonkook 𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘳𝘦:𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘤,𝘴𝘮𝘶𝘵,𝘗𝘴𝘺𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘺 "اتفاقات باعث میشن تو دیگه به هیچ آدمی ا...