Ea$t to W3st 🐍

By pinkdollzone

Dariah-Imani Brown was a regular harlem girl who was sent to live with her brother in LA who she never knew a... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
Author's note
chapter 12 (technically 11)
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
Author's note
chapter 29
Author's note
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35

chapter 18

19.7K 776 438
By pinkdollzone

VOTE & COMMENT. 💓
- i appreciate everyone who's been reading, thank you.

••

Dariah-Imani

"Bye, I love you"

Alicia and I had our last hug before she hopped on her plane back home.

"You hungry?"

Chris picked me up earlier so we could drop Alicia. Since it was so early, everyone was still asleep.

I shook my head. "Nah, it's too early for me to be eating"

Chris scrunched up his face, looking at me like I was out of my mind. "Never too early for food"

"You at Mcdonald's, whatchu want?" The voice from the Mcdonald's drive thru microphone spoke.

"Girl you better learn some damn manners before I report you to your manager" Chris said.

"Welcome to Mcdonald's, how can I help you?" The voice repeated blandly with harsh attitude.

"Give me a big breakfast with a sprite" Chris said.

The person sighed and there was a pause.

"Anything else"

"You want anything?" He asked me.

"Just a caramel frap" I told him.

"HELLO?"

"You know the fuck what, I'm driving up"

Chris drove to the first window and saw who the rude voice belonged to.  The girl gave him a stunned look.

"Oh my God.. you're Chris brown" She covered her mouth shocked.

"Yeah .. give me a caramel frappe with my order, don't fuck it up" Chris gave her a blank stare.

I just chuckled at how shocked and regretful she was.

"I'm so sorry for the attitude .. my day hasn't been going well and- " She rambled before Chris interrupted her.

"My order.."

"Oh right sorry, your total is $8.50" She smiled at him as he gave her a ten dollar bill. "Next window" Her hand lingered onto his while he pulled back.

We got our food and he dropped me back to my place with Dave. He was still sleeping and I didn't plan on talking to him when he woke up cause he left marks on my wrist.

I went back to bed so I could rest before I stared my job at the mall.

———

two weeks later.

"Baby stoppp, we're in public" Vanessa's irritating ass whined.

"So?" Dave caressed her thigh while she was sitting on top of him.

"So people are watching silly" She giggled.

"I don't care let them watch" Dave responded then started whispering in her ear causing her to squeal.

We were currently in the studio with the rest of the guys, I wasn't too bothered with being here since they always made it fun but Dave wanted to bring Vermont so damn badly which irritated me.

Dave and I haven't talked since our last encounter two weeks ago, he said he told Virginia about us being married and that she was fine with it.. not that I cared but yeah.

"Could y'all maybe keep it down?" I rolled my eyes.

"Someone's jealous" Vanessa scoffed.

"Don't gas yourself, there's nothing to be jealous of" I smiled at her.

She rolled her eyes and continued whispering in Dave's ear. He looked at me for a while before turning his attention back to her.

I got a text from Vaughn saying he was outside so I grabbed my bag and left the studio.

"Aye where you going?" Dave said behind me.

"Out"

"Hold up damn" He walked in front of me, blocking me from exiting the building. "Out where and with who?"

"I don't recall ever questioning you about your whereabouts" I crossed my arms.

"Yeah cause you don't need to" He shrugged.

"I'm going out with my friend, Nunya"

"Nunya who?" He said with a stank face.

"Nunya damn business. Now move and go back to Veronica" I pushed him out the way, walking to Vaughn's car.

"Stop frontin' like you don't know her name" I heard him call out.

I got in the passenger's side and kissed Vaughn's cheek.

"Wasup Babygirl"

"Hey.. Where we going?" I asked him while getting comfortable in my seat.

Vaughn and I have gotten really close over the past two weeks, I was really feeling him. He also took my mind off Dave.

"A cookout at my aunt's" He said.

"Dang I'm meeting the family alright" i nervously chuckled.

"I'm seriously feeling you so it's only right my family meets my special girl" He cheesed looking over at me.

"Oh so i'm yo girl now?" I rose an eyebrow facing him.

"You can say that" He licked his lips.

I lightly pushed his face away. "Pay attention to the road before we crash"

"At least we'll crash together"

"You on some crazy shit" I laughed.

He laughed along and we talked about random stuff till we pulled up to his aunt's house in lakewood. We got out and went to the back of the house where all of his family were there.

"VAUGHNY BABY, YOU MADE IT" A lady in all blue yelled over to him.

"Aunty why is you yelling damn"

"Boy don't get popped" She hugged him then saw me. "Vaughny who's this?"

"Aunty stop calling me that" He sighed.

"I'll call you whatever I want lil boy, now introduce"

"Aunty this is Dariah-Imani, Dariah this is my crazy aunt Lashae"

"Hi" I stuck my hand out for a handshake.

She looked me up and down before shaking it. "Mhm, hope you ain't bring no trouble"

Another lady who resembled Lashae came up to us as well.

"Oh vaughn vaughn, im glad you're here" She gave him a big smile then saw me and sighed. "Boy what I tell you about bringing your lil hoes up here"

Well damn, his family don't even know me and they already calling me names. I tried my best to be respectful but if one more person comes up in here on some reckless shit, I might have to pop off.

"Aunty she ain't no hoe" He cut his eyes at her.

"Yeah you say that about all the past hoes you've brought" She rolled her eyes and I gave him a look but he ignored my gaze. "So your name?"

"Dariah-Imani" I replied but she looked me up and down then walked away.

"I'm sorry about them, they're twins and act exactly alike"

"So you bring other girls 'round here?" I asked.

"Yeah" He said lowly. "But you ain't like them" He quickly said.

He brought two chairs over and some drinks, we sat down and I looked around at everyone. They looked like they were having fun but I felt uncomfortable due some stares and mugs I was getting.

"Who that?" I heard a girl say.

"I dunno girl, prolly one of Vaughn's hoes" Another girl responded causing the first girl to laugh. "She pretty though"

"No she ain't" The girl rolled her eyes.

I was getting antsy, my leg was shaking. I was so tempted to say something.

Vaughn leaned over and whispered in my ear.

"Chill baby, they're just judgmental" He put his hand on my leg that was bouncing.

I just ignored him and started texting Alicia.

"Take a picture of me" He said.

I looked up at him.

"I'll buy you some food after"

That caused me to smile so I started taking picture of him and passed him my phone to choose which one he liked.

"I like this one, I look sexy" He smirked.

"Yeah you do" I agreed with him knowing he was gonna feel gassed.

"Just- " He was cut off by one of the girls who was talking about me.

"Hey baby, I missed you" She said sitting on his lap.

"Yanna what I tell you about this shit.. we ain't together"

"Anyways, baby who's your lil friend?" She said mugging me.

"Girl who are you?" I questioned bluntly.

"Bitch watch yourself" She rolled her eyes popping her gum.

"Beat ha ass new girl, she need a whooping" Some other girl yelled hyping me.

"I'm Big head's sister, Laylah" She said to me before turning to Yanna. "Tayanna stop tryna fight everybody. Vaughn don't want you, he cleared moved on to better things"

"You don't want beef baby" I added.

"Who the fuck you talking to ?" Tayanna rolled her neck.

"I mean who the fuck else"

She gave me that 'bitch please' look and grabbed Vaughn's neck forcefully kissing him. I got up from my seat and everyone started surrounding us.

"Tayanna" Vaughn pulled away from the kiss and pushed her off. "You need to respect my relationship and my woman"

"I'm your woman" Tayanna said.

"Tayanna" He gave her a stern look.

Tayanna then pushed me and before you knew it, we were on the floor. She was pulling my hair and I was trying to pull her hand off.  Laylah tried pulling her off me and finally she did.

"Bitch you lost now give me my man" She yelled.

"I'll never fight over a man, all you was doing was pulling hair so shut that shit up before I show you how I get the fuck down" I told her, grabbing my bag. "Dumb bitch, you wild dumb if you think you know me"

With that, I walked away from the house and called an uber. I heard Vaughn but I ignored him and sat at the bus stop for the uber.

"Baby" Vaughn caught up and stood in front of me.

"I'm not yo baby Vaughn, I don't have time for bullshit. If you want to be with me then you need to keep your past in check, no funny shit" I stood up and got in my uber.

"I'll text you" He said as the uber pulled off.

Soon I got to the house and went straight to my room. I heard moaning from Dave's room and rolled my eyes.

I wasn't in the mood to deal with anything or anyone after what just went down. I took a long bubble bath with soothing music and some candles.

After about an hour, I took a shower and put on a long T-shirt with black spandex. I went downstairs to get the dominos that I ordered while I was in the tub.

"$18.30 ma'am"

I passed him a $20 bill.

"Keep the change" I said, collecting the food and walking to the living room.

I turned on the TV to watch Fear Factor and started eating my pizza. I purposely got pepperoni just incase Dave tries to steal one.

Right on cue, him and his puppy came down the steps with her loud barking.

"DAVE IM NOT READY FOR ANOTHER ROUND" Vanessa screamed.

I ignored them because I wasn't about to argue again with another irrelevant hating ass hoe.

They made their way to the living room and sat on the other coach. For some reason, Vacuum thought it was okay to touch my pizza.

"Bitch drop it"

"Excuse me?" She scoffed.

"You heard me, I didn't stutter"

"Whatever, I didn't want it anyways" She rolled her eyes.

"You obviously did if you took it"

"Babe aren't you gonna defend me?" She turned and looked at him.

"You took it and it wasn't yours so what you expect?" He rhetorically asked nonchalantly.

I smirked at her and focused my attention back to the TV.

"You're supposed to take my side always" Vanessa said.

"You know damn well I ain't gonna take up for stuff that don't make sense, if you're right then there would be nothing to argue about" He said tapping her thigh for her to get off him.

"Whatever" She said typing on her phone. "Why she even living here like she don't got her own damn house"

"This is my house hoe"

Messing with her was way too funny.

He got up and went to the kitchen.  She started laughing loudly at her phone then got a call.

"Why are you calling me?" She giggled. "You're so annoying"

Dave walked back in and she quickly hurried off the phone.

"Let me find out you're cheating" I mumbled to her.

"Mind your business" She mugged me as he sat next to her.

"Aye chill" Dave said.

The rest of the night I ate my food and watched TV while they were outside near the pool which was a relief cause they were irking my nerves.

••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 10 12
Jhaelani moved from Brooklyn to Harlem because of the family problems. She was having it was only her mom, dad, and her three sisters. Jhaelani shows...
75.8K 5.8K 74
Imani is a 22 year old, vibrant, beautiful young woman who's excited about life after college. She thinks she has everything figured out until she me...
22.8K 274 20
"and if the whole world was watching, id still dance with you." - kylie georgia is an 18 year old girl from Ohio. her bestfriend, anthony trujillo l...
286K 7.9K 52
14 year old Aaliyah "liyah" and 15 year old Dave East grew up together in Harlem, they was the best of friends, he was Aaliyah's first,but things too...