Beautiful Lies - Shawn Mendes

由 oliviawlxx

In the quaint town of Cefalú, Sicily, where everyone knows everyone, Sofia Evans, a young British student, fi... 更多

1. Summertime Sadness
2. Today's The Day
3. Finally Here
4. It's Good To Be Back
5. Settling In
6. Bella Vista
7. See You Around
8. Hello Again
9. At Your Service
10. Room 34
11. Stay
12. Deal
13. The Morning After
14. Excuse
16. You Don't Look So Bad Yourself
17. To A Wonderful Evening
18. Not Even Now?
19. I Have No Objections To That
20. Happy Birthday
21. Disaster
22. Are You Even Paying Attention?
23. Fallin All In You
24. Results Day
25. The Wedding
26. All Of You
27. Goodbye
28. Promise Me

15. So, About That Date

41 7 0
由 oliviawlxx

'Remind me why I agreed to this again?' I crossed my arms, huffing, partially from nerves, and looked out the car window as we entered the centre of town.

'You'll thank me for it. I know that for a fact.' She looked over at me, keeping one eye on the road, and other gave me an irritatingly smug look.

I rolled my eyes, and turned up the radio, in the hope that it would wash my nerves away. I didn't know why I was nervous. I was so comfortable around him. Yet, knowing I was going to see him again, made my stomach erupt into flutters. Maybe that was a good sign.

Sooner than what I'd have liked, Fliss had parked up and turned off the engine. We got out and began to walk towards Bella Vista.

I combed my fingers through my hair, adding immediate volume, and pushed my sunglasses onto my head.

'Soph, you look great.' Fliss remarked, looking at my outfit. A white, off the shoulder blouse, tucked into a black denim skirt.

'As do you Fliss.' I smiled, pulling her in for a side hug. I truly loved my cousin, she always knew exactly what I needed. Even if she was annoying eighty percent of the time.

'Like always then.' I laughed at her cocky reply, knowing I had spoken too soon before her usual arrogance returned.

The familiar sound of the bell as we walked into the café, announced our presence. It was heaving with people, like always, and there were only a couple of tables left. The heavenly smell of fresh bread and pastries, hovered in the air, as we waited to be served.

Siena began to approach us, a few minutes after we'd arrived, boasting a sympathetic smile. Just as she was most likely about to apologise for the slow service, a diner waved her over to query her about something. But before Fliss could become restless, Shawn emerged, carrying plates that rested half way up his arm. The hustle and bustle of the café, all the sounds of clattering cutlery and diners conversing, had seemed to go mute. His eyes instantly found my own, and he gave me a grin of disbelief.

He re-composed himself, and quickly served the table their meal, making small talk as he did, before offering them that breathtaking smile. The one that made my insides tingle, and my heart, beat a little faster. How he did his job so effortlessly, astounded me. Managing to pull away from the customer, Siena resumed her way over to us.

'Don't worry Si, I've got these two.' Shawn chimed.

'Are you sure? You're already busy enough!'

'What's two more.'

'I don't know what we did to deserve you, you're such a good worker. Never go back home.' Siena beamed, patting him lightly on the back.

'I'm just going to pop to the bathroom, I won't be long.' Fliss turned so only I could see and winked over exaggeratedly. I rolled my eyes and tried to hold in a laugh that was desperate to come out. That left just Shawn and I.

'So you're on a nickname basis with the owner now? What a promotion.' I nudged his arm playfully, feeling a spark ignite through my veins at the contact. That was definitely a feeling I would never get used to.

'What can I say? It's hard not to be liked when you go by the name Shawn Mendes.'

Just as I was about to respond with something equally as cocky, Gino rushed past, nearly knocking me backwards with a pile of plates laying across his arms. Shawn instinctively placed a hand on the small of my back to stop me from harm, and I could feel the heat of his palm spread through the thin fabric of my blouse.

'I'm so sorry Sofia!'

'Honestly, don't be. I'm fine.' I laughed politely, feeling slightly disappointed that Shawn's hand had retreated and moved away from my lower back.

'Again, so sorry.' He said quickly, before dashing off to continue his tasks.

'I didn't expect to see you here. I have to admit, it is quite a nice surprise.'

'Who said I came for you. Maybe I came for some good food served by a particular waiter who works here. You might've seen him around? Very tall, rather handsome?' We reached our table, and before I could take a seat, Shawn had pulled out my chair for me.

'It's not even a date, I'm impressed. I bet you do this for all the girls.'

'Only the beautiful ones. And there has only been one since I've worked here.' My face instantly lit up, slightly blushing from his flattery.

'So did you order?'

We were broken out of the invisible bubble that seemed to surround us, as Fliss returned, taking her own seat opposite me.

'I was just about to.'

'Why were you so distracted gazing into each other's eyes.' Fliss mocked a yawn, whilst I sent her a death glare, a promise to get her for that when we returned home, whilst Shawn only laughed, and gave me a quick wink unseen by Fliss.

We ordered our lunch, as we chatted to Shawn. As he walked away to send our order to the kitchen, he sent me a smile over his shoulder that made my face heat up. Then he continued on his way. I couldn't help but find myself gazing at how muscular his thighs were. The way his black, skinny jeans, were almost like a second skin, and on some would have looked ridiculous, but on Shawn - It was a whole different story. Mentally cursing myself for thinking such inappropriate thoughts, Fliss coughed.

'My face is over here Soph.' I ripped my eyes away, and kicked her under the table.

As we waited for our food, I let Fliss know what happened when she went to the 'bathroom'.

'He definitely likes you Soph.'

'Well it's a good job, because it'd suck if it was a one sided thing.'

'You know what, I actually like the guy as well.'

'What do you mean?' I asked, almost afraid of what her next sentence would be.

'No, no, not like that. I mean, that I don't warm to very many people, but Shawn, there's something about him I like. He's definitely one of the good ones.'

Gino brought our meal to us, and we instantly began to devour our lunch. I had ordered a risotto whilst Fliss had opted for a healthy salmon salad. How she could pick a salad over a homemade, creamy risotto, I would never know. Throughout the meal, I had seen Shawn here and there, cleaning up tables, serving dishes, chatting to customers, which only made me admire him more - the way he got along so well with everyone, including the difficult diners. Finishing up our meal, my stomach feeling as if it might burst, we asked Shawn as he passed, for the bill.

A moment later, he returned with it, and gave me a smile that was a little too all-knowing, before walking away.

I slid the bill over to myself to see how much it was, and when I unfolded it, a message was at the bottom, in Shawn's handwriting.

My face must have resembled a Cheshire Cat with the way I was grinning.

'What?' Fliss narrowed her eyes at me, wondering why I had suddenly become even happier.

'This one's on me.' I said reaching for my wallet in the pocket of my skirt.

'No, it was my idea I'll pay.'

'Fliss. I'm getting this one, to say thank you, because I may or may not have gotten a date out of your idea.'

She nearly squealed in delight as she tore the bill from my hands, eager to see what it said.

The words replayed over, and over in my head: 'So, about that date. Tomorrow maybe?'

'I should be a matchmaker already. It's just a pity I can't find my own though.' Fliss joked, as she read the message for herself.

I took the money out of my purse and left it on the table. I took the bill with me, so as to keep it for myself, as a reminder of how amazing today was.

Fliss linked arms with me as we began to make our way towards the exit.

Noticing Shawn, sitting on one of the stools, with his back to us, obviously taking a well deserved break, I stopped in my tracks.

'There's something I've got to do.'

I made my way over to Shawn and placed one hand on his back, coming into contact with the hard muscle that lay beneath his thin shirt. Before he could spin around to face me, I leaned forward, near enough to his ear and began to murmur.

'I believe I owe you a tip.' I placed the money next to him.

'And yes. Tomorrow works for me.'

I pulled away, and sauntered towards the exit where Fliss was waiting for me, a look of pride on her face, at the confident move I had just made. I could feel Shawn's eyes burning into my back, and when I did glance back at him, his eyes bore into mine, and I noticed his mesmerised face, breaking into a grin. He looked down at his phone, seeming to type out a message, so I spun around. It was only when I'd gotten to the exit, that I felt a ping in my back pocket, signifying that I had a notification. Pulling my phone out, I opened up messages, and there was a new message from Shawn.

'Only you could do that Soph, and it be incredibly attractive. I'll look forward to tomorrow, I'll pick you up at 7.'

I gave one final look at Shawn, who was already staring straight at me. We mirrored each other's giddy demeanour. Fliss, then grabbed me by the arm, and yanked me out of Bella Vista, wrapping her arm around my shoulder as we strolled back to the car, the smile on neither of our faces faltering.

————————————————————————

AN - Another speedy update from me ahaha I can't believe it! I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and if you did don't forget to vote, the next chapter will definitely involve the date. So be prepared because it'll be a long one!!

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

145K 5.3K 88
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
Fake Love 由 :)

同人小說

121K 2.8K 43
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
1M 55.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
2.3M 117K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...