.Rise And Fall.

By takenbyshawnbut_

Highest ranking: #1 in Rise. #1 in Fall. #1 in... More

.Rise And Fall.
.Rise and Fall. (1)
.Rise and Fall. (2)
.Rise and Fall. (3)
.Rise and Fall. (4)
.Rise and Fall. (5)
.Rise and Fall. (6)
.Rise and Fall. (7)
.Rise and Fall. (8)
.Rise and Fall. (9)
.Rise and Fall. (10)
.Rise and Fall. (11)
.Rise and Fall. (12)
.Rise and Fall. (13)
.Rise and Fall. (14)
.Rise and Fall. (15)
.Rise and Fall. (16)
.Rise and Fall. (17)
.Author's Note And Cast.
.Rise and Fall. (18)
.Rise and Fall. (19)
.Rise and Fall. (20)
.Rise and Fall. (21)
.Rise and Fall. (22)
.Rise and Fall. (23)
.Rise and fall. (24)
.Rise and Fall. (25)
.Rise and Fall. (26)
.Rise and Fall. (27)
.Rise and Fall. (28)
.Rise and Fall. (29)
.Rise and Fall. (30)
.Rise and Fall. (31)
.Rise and Fall. (32)
.Rise and Fall. (33)
.Rise and Fall. (34)
.Rise and Fall. (35)
.Rise and Fall. (36)
.Rise and Fall. (37)
.Rise and Fall. (38)
.Rise and Fall. (39)
.Rise and Fall. (40)
.Rise and Fall. (41)
.Rise and Fall. (42)
.Rise and Fall. (43)
.Rise and Fall. (44)
.Rise and Fall. (45)
.Rise and Fall. (46)
.Rise and Fall. (47)
.Rise and Fall. (48)
.Rise and Fall. (49)
.Rise and Fall. (50)
.Rise and Fall. (51)
.Rise and Fall. (52)
.Rise and Fall. (53)
.Rise and Fall. (54)
.Rise and Fall. (55)
.Rise and Fall. (56)
.Rise and Fall. (57)
.Rise and Fall. (58)
.Rise and Fall. (60)
.Rise and Fall. (61)
.Rise and Fall. (62)
.Rise and Fall. (63)
.Rise and Fall. (64)
.Rise and Fall. (65)
.Rise and Fall. (66)
.Rise and Fall. (67)
.Rise and Fall. (68)
.Rise and Fall. (69)
.Rise and Fall. (70)
.Rise and Fall. (71)
.Rise and Fall. (72)
.Rise and Fall. (73)
.Rise and Fall. (74)
.Rise and Fall. (75)
.Rise and Fall. (76)
.Rise and Fall. (77)
.Rise and Fall. (78)
.Rise and Fall. (79)
.Rise and Fall. (80)
.Bonus Chapter.
.Bonus Chapter.
.Epilogue.

.Rise and Fall. (59)

17K 714 164
By takenbyshawnbut_

|Chapter: 59|

One week later.

"Are you sure you can make it till there Pumpkin?"

I jumped away from the shelf, holding my chest surprised with an interruption of a sudden stranger's voice. It was like I was in a mission paying me fifty dollars to retrieve the book on the last step of the shelf that I didn't notice Ethan leaning at the end, arms folded across his chest and may I add, with an amused smile.

Ignoring him and his question, I picked up the pile of five books from the floor that I somehow managed to pull out of my own before walking away. Why do I have be so short? And where the heck is Nick? He has been really busy this past week and on top of it he don't even tell me what he do or where he goes. Mostly if I try to ask he'd change the subject.

"Grumpy pants didn't come following you like a lost puppy in the library to carry your books", Ms. Maya said as I placed the books on the desk.

I laughed at her remark. "He is busy...", I trailed off since I, myself had no clue what he was upto.

"I see. You got all the books you wanted?" She started writing the slip and I pout when I realise I didn't get the book I actually wanted for my assignment.

"I did get but just on..."

"One more. Here you go", Ethan cut me off as he placed the book I needed on the desk. I turned to look at him as well as Ms. Maya lifted her head. He gave me a lopsided grin making me remind of what he said before, 'you owe me pumpkin' so I look away. She didn't make any comment and continue doing what she was.

I collected the books from the desk and started walking out to avoid Ethan at the moment. Why he was doing all these, friendly or not friendly I just don't want to know the reason. I have a boyfriend who gets possessive on every matter with a guy and the last thing I want to witness is Nick going caveman on this innocent guy. But it seem like he didn't understand my sign of not interested to talk or do anything with him at all.

"Pumpkin wait!"

Urg! What's with the damn nickname? And with all the fat ass six books in my hands, I couldn't even run faster.

"Why are running away from me? Here, lemme carry some", he tried to take from me, I immediately step away.

"No. Listen thank you for what you did there but I don't need your help..", I said slowly, not trying to be harsh.

"But you owe me pumpkin", he smirked.

"First of all I don't owe you anything because I never asked you to help me and second, stop calling me pumpkin", I said irritatedly and stomped away this time. But he was fast to fall back step to step with me again.

"Aren't you curious why I have joined your school almost at the end of the year or where am I from, or even know anything about me except my name?"

I reached my locker thankfully. I opened it and dropped my books inside before turning to look at him.

"No I'm not. Why would I be?", I almost yelled at his stubbornness with my hands on my hips to look intimidating. But I know I didn't because I had to lift my chin up to look at his face. Boy he was tall.

He smiled sweetly at me instead like I was singing an angelic chorus to him. "Because most girls do."

"Well I'm not most girls", I retorted back.

"I know. Damn, that dirty blonde is lucky."

I was confused of what he was trying to get at. "Who are you talking about?"

"The guy you think about all the time", he said softly, shook his head and turn to leave. I was looking at his back as he walk down the hall way. Was he talking about Nick? Sure, he is the only guy I think about because I love him.

"Hey pumkin", he called again and this time he was walking backwards. I didn't respond but yes, I waited for whatever he was going to say.

"I had you first."

.

I dialed his number for the thirteenth time as I got out of my car. Again I got irritated of hearing his voicemail.....

I am busy at the moment. If only you're my Rena then leave a message after the beep and if not you can shove a stick up your ass and stop bothering me. Also if Zac and Sarah then fuck off but if only Zac it better be something important and not some bedroom tips....And I love you Rena.

Beep beep.

The line went dead after some moment. No matter how mad I am at him for ignoring me for the whole day, it still brings a stupid smile on my face everytime I hear it. I shoved the phone inside my pocket and made my way through the hall. The match is about to start in an half hour and I couldn't find neither of my friends. Now, I've started to regret. Why did I even bother to come see the match?

"Oi dummy", Sarah's voice boomed from the other side of the hall. She was waving her hand at me. I pushed through the wave of students who came school on Saturday just to watch the match.

"Finally Sarah. I was starting to feel out of place and almost ended up thinking to drive back home", I told her as she pull me by my hand. "Hey where are you taking me?"

"To make you feel no more out of place." She was actually wearing Zac's jersey with his name and number 7 on it and some boyfriend shorts. Seriously, does she not feel cold? Ignoring the fact that she looks hella cute but this is insane.

"Don't you feel cold?", I asked.

"Nope. It's hot out here with the crowd you know", she shrugged. Now that she was making me run with her through the pool of people I realised it's hotter compared to other days. We were walking through the hall which lead to the soccer field and no doubt we are going there. Then she abruptly stopped near the boys locker room.

"What are you...", before I can finish asking her, she turn around to look at me and cut me off.

"Take your hoodie out", she ordered.

"Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows at her, confused.

"Just do it. Don't you feel hot", she said and tried to pull it off my body. She was really... cray cray.

"B-But why are..."

"JUST. DO. IT. SERENA. NOW!"

I look down at my white pants and white sneakers before pulling my gray hoodie off leaving me in my navy blue lace crop top with short sleeve.

I sighed. "Done", I said in a bored tone while she smiled satisfiedly before holding my shoulders and turn me around.

I had no clue what was going on until I saw Nick and I literally felt my jaw dropped to the floor. I blinked and even rubbed my eyes several times not believing the sight in front of me. He was wearing the team jersey and he walked to me with a knowing smirk on his face which makes my knees wobble. He is too sexy for his own good. His hair messy as always, still sticking to its right places. I saw students stop and stare at him. They were as surprised as me.

"Nickel Black is playing for the team", a group of girls gasped as they passed by.

"I'm going to pass out. He is so hot in that jersey", another one squealed.

He is taken, back off.

Sarah pulled the hoodie out of my hand and left. Nick stood infront of me, waiting for me to say something but all I did was just stare at him. Like realisation hit me, I walked behind him and check it out if he has gone crazy like Sarah and wearing to support the team. But no, there was his name 'Black' with number 3.

"Holy moly guacamole you're playing!", I exclaimed.

He chuckled. "You're acting like I'm a loser who don't know how to play soccer."

"No! You don't know to play soccer is like me not able to solve 1+1", I said to which he laughed shaking his head at me.

"Why is everything related to maths? You know how much I hate that shit right?", he asked grinning from ear to ear.

"I thought you don't want to play for the team", I came to the main topic. He nodded.

"But now I do because someone wishes to wear this", he said and lifted the extra jersey top he brought which I didn't notice till now. I just looked at him with my mouth slightly open. "C'mon wear it."

Then he helped me put it on. The bottle green top was surely big for me but I liked it. I didn't care how I looked but the feeling of wearing his jersey and supporting him is over the top of anything. Then he tied it into a knot in the front.

"How's that?", he asked scratching the back of his neck, unsurely.

See, one moment he is confident and cocky, the other he is like he don't know what to do.

"Perfect", I said and threw my arms round his neck for a hug. He wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around before resting his forehead on mine. His eyes closed with a content smile on his face.

"Is this is why you were busy last week?", I asked peeking at his beautiful face through my eye lashes. He hummed in answer. We didn't care we were in a middle of a hallway filled with students making their way to the ground where the match will be held. We were lost in our world where every other thing just passed in a blur and who said we need a badass bike for that? After a long moment of enjoying the silence in our little bubble, he opened his eyes and kissed my forehead.

"Let's go, Rena." He pulled me with him.

Once we were standing near where the boys were getting ready and warming up, I saw Mary and Kevin running toward us. I was about to go hug Kevin when he opened his arms but Nick tugged me under his arm tight leaving no room for me to run.

We greeted each other and then Nick went back to have some last minute talk with the boys. Kevin was mostly debating with Mary that there is no chance that their school will win today. Without interrupting, I just sat beside them on the bleacher and watch them bicker.

"Rena stay right here and don't move", Nick warned as he came running to me and started stretching infront of me. So hot.

"Why?", I asked looking up at him.

He bent to my level, poking out his ass so that our faces were eye to eye. Some girls giggled blushing looking at his round, perfect butt in his shorts as they pass by. For some weird reasons, I wanted to cover it because that view was only for my eyes. Whoa, where did that come from?

"Because when I look at you, I want you to smile at me", he said pulling me out of my thoughts.

Again, he made my heart skip a beat. "What if I have to pee?"

He laughed. "I know you can hold it till it's half time."

I shook my head but smiling anyway. "Now go and show some kick-ass moves out there!", I said when I saw the teams already taking their positions on the ground and I heard him chuckle.

"You are so adorable." He kissed my forehead and turned to leave.

He squatted down to tie his shoe laces near the side lines when Stella came to wish him luck in her cheerleader dress.

"All the best, Nicky", she chirped happily. He looked up at her and smiled. Even though I shouldn't be hurt but I did feel a little bit, I wanted to be the last person before he stepped into the game.

Just when I thought he was ready to run to the field, he did the opposite and came back to me. He bumped his forehead on mine lightly, cupping my face he look me dead in my eyes and asked, "We got this right?"

"We got this", I replied softly and he bumped it one more time before running back to the field to take his position as a striker. Again, from the field he smirked and winked at me, which made the whole girls population turn to me, either of out of envious or jealousy. I could care less, because all I could see was him.

I couldn't believe this guy was mine, all mine.

The whistle was blown and the game begin.

It was already half way to half time and both the teams didn't score any goal. Nick was right Esther High is good in defence but still Fallon managed to hit some attacks. The game was tight. The ball was with the rival team now and Lucas trying to tackle. After some more tricks they were able to steal the ball. Jason received the pass easily and ran in the middle, Alex and Nick went from the sides to break their defence and it was slowly working. This could be another attack but I wasn't sure of the goal. Alex made it to the penalty box this time, he passed it to Ian, then to Alex again.

"Do you think he is worth it?",Ethan asked coming out of nowhere.

I ignored him and concentrated back to the match. Nick had the ball as he made a run and he had a confident smirk, the smirk I know very well.... passed to Zac who kicked the ball high sending it back to Nick who jumped lifting his right foot in the air to hit the approaching ball. One kick, is all it took for the spinning ball to hit the goalpost first then the net. GOAL!

Screams and cheers erupted around us. I let go of the breathe I holding back. He ran punching the air with his fist. The team jumped on him like in the cue. He managed to take his head out of the pile of his overjoyed teammates to look at me, our eyes met and I smiled.

"He is so much more than just worth it."

*********
Vote.Comment.Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...
2.4M 18.6K 7
Highest rank #1 in teen fiction I had a simple plan. Get a good GPA, escape into college and never turn back. I didn't hate anything because I knew...
1M 35.9K 42
#1 in Teen Fiction - 26.03.2020 #10 in Romance - 04.10.2020 #1 in Unrequited - 21.02.2020 #1 in LoveTriangle - 01.01.2020 # 14 in Angst - 20.20.2020 ...
89.3K 6.1K 85
✨COMPLETED✨ I took a few steps before I stopped to face him again. "Jay?" I said, barely above a whisper. "Hmm?" "I love you. You know that right?" I...