Rose

By BeautifulCreature24

"Itachi... please don't do this.." Rose coughed up more blood clutching her stomach tightly. Her eyes were be... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 1

507 12 0
By BeautifulCreature24

"Itachi... please don't do this.." Rose coughed up more blood clutching her stomach tightly. Her eyes were begging him to stop but it was all in vein.

Itachi stood over her, a small glint of guilt crossed his eyes, but soon returned to the lifeless stature. His body loomed over hers, as he stared down at her, his once onyx eyes now turned red.

"I'm sorry Rose."

How about we start from the beginning?

"Rose come on lets go!" Shisui called to me, I smiled to myself as I grabbed my Hidden Leaf headband tying it to my head. Grabbing my kunai shoving it in the pocket on my thigh. I looked in the mirror checking to make sure I looked good. My black pants and shirt looked back at me, the fishnets on my arm and legs hugged me tightly.

"I'm coming Shisui!" I laughed as I walked to the front door, my red hair bouncing behind me, my laugh dropped to a smile as I looked at the boy in front of me. His back was against the door frame he wore a smile in his dark eyes. His brown hair danced across his forehead as he looked at me.

"Hey dork." He smiled watching me as I sat down and slid my shoes on quickly, my feet slipping into their comfortable home.

"You're the dork! What's on the agenda today?" I said teasingly, I stood up waiting for Shisui to answer.

"Yup! We are going training with Itachi, I told him to go on ahead." Shisui said giving me a thumbs up with a closed eyed smile. I skipped around him lightly, opening the door.

"Well lets get a move on then!" I said in an exciting tone, we had known each other for years. Itachi was always the shy and reserved one, but Shisui was always outgoing and trying to push us both to be better.

We walked till we got into the forest. It was so quiet out here, the birds singing is all you could hear. It was beautiful really, the mature trees around us were dancing gently with the breeze. As we walked further into the forest we had come to a clearing. Shisui had set everything up here for training, we would come here often to practice and clear our minds.

I saw Itachi standing by a big boulder, he heard us approach and glanced up, his long black hair was pulled back behind his shoulder neatly. As we got closer I smiled at him brightly, waving to him.

"Itachi!" I said as I continued walking to him with a smile.

"Hey Rose." He replied looking at both of us

"Yo." Shisui said raising his hand with a wave to Itachi.

"How about some target training?" Shisui smiled, and started walking to the targets that were hung on trees at different angles angels. Itachi and I followed suit until Shisui stopped and turned to Itachi.

"Itachi you first." Shisui said looking to Itachi.

Itachi only nodded and walked to his starting point. I could see the focus on his face, as he gripped the kunai tightly. I turned my head slightly my eyes focused firmly on Itachi, I felt a surge of chakra go into my eyes sharingan. Everything looked so much more enhanced, sounds and sights were much more clear to me.

Itachi looked up to his targets and his arm reared back and gracefully throwing the kunai quickly. His eyes shot to one of the kunai, he flipped his hand reveling a shuriken, throwing it to the right. It was like a bee to honey, it swiftly knocked one of the kunai down slightly. The metallic color reflecting the sun, and as quickly as it started it stopped. My eyes widened at the sight, he had hit all 6 of the marks. I examined the kunai, to the right that was attacked by the shuriken.

So he calculated that it wasn't going to hit its mark so he figured how much of a difference he was missing. I thought to myself, a smile danced on my lips. He always impresses me with how quick he is. I looked at Shisui who gave Itachi a thumbs up, with a bright smile.

"Good job Itachi, I see you used the hidden weapon hand movement I taught you." Shisui walked up to Itachi and patted his hand on Itachi's back, then grabbed his head rubbing it roughly. I smiled to myself watching them. Itachi looked embarrassed and was attempting to get Shisui off but to no avail.

"Sorry Itachi, just proud of you I can tell you are going to be amazing." Shisui said laughing as his words came out. He then let go of a slightly shocked Itachi, who smiled at Shisui. I walked up to them both shaking my head with a smile on my lips.

"That was amazing Itachi, you're very quick and calculated, and all without the Sharingan. " I said watching him closely, he shifted his weight onto his other foot trying to fix his messy hair and nodded.

"I try not to use it unless I need to. I don't need to solely rely on my Sharingan, I need to focus on my skill without it." He said to me, his hair was finally put back into its rightful place around his face.

"You're smart for that, most of the Uchiha solely rely on their sharingan to fight." I replied thinking of everyone I had seen fight that was of Uchiha bloodline. Shisui walked over to me putting his elbow on my shoulder with a playful smile.

"Alright, Rose how about we do some hand to hand? You usually never win but hey its always fun." Shisui said looking down at me, I could see a bit of tease in his bright smile. I grinned at him and shoved him playfully.

"Alright let's fight then." I said turning to him placing a hand on my hip, with a smirk.

"Get ready Rose im coming at you!" Shisui said as his feet dug into the ground roughly and he sprinted, the dirt where he once was is now kicked into a small cloud of dust. I smirked as I saw him running towards me. I turned my body, my fist in the air ready for him. As he got closer my leg moved towards his face swiftly and he simply smirked and blocked the kick with his forearm. My foot pushed off his arm as my body turned to the right. I quickly felt the warm dirt against my palms, as I pushed off of the gritty dirt it left my hand feeling cold as I spun and landed on my feet. I went to follow up my first attack, I tried to punch him but he grabbed my fist before it could make impact.

"To slow." He said with a teasing smile, he twisted my fist slightly sending a surge of pain up it making me let out a grunt. He swept one of his feet under me, making me fall to the warm ground on my back. Shisui laughed, but I wasn't done yet. I swiftly grabbed his hand pulling him towards me, I could see the surprise in his once amused face.

"Pay more attention to your opponent." I smirked looking into his dark eyes this time my eyes were the ones amused. I focused my chakra to my feet and collided my foot to the side of his body making him fly to the right of me. Shisui made a grunting noise as he flew, he managed to flip his body over while in the air. I could see the smile on his face as he landed on his feet, the dirt being pushed back behind him in a small cloud.

"You're getting better." Shisui said, as he ran at me again, I readied myself for his next attack. I won't lose to you Shisui, not this time. I ran at Shisui full force, as we became closer I pushed my feet into the dirt, my body hovered slightly above it. I slid sticking my leg out feeling the dirt graze my heel, I smiled with pride. Shisui quickly jumped over me, I could see the smirk on his face as my eyes met his. I saw the shine of medal in his hand as he quickly released it sending it flying at me.  I flipped my body backwards to avoid it, I brought my hands together, quickly they formed into one another making signs.

"Fireball jutsu!" I said as flames engulfed where Shisui once was, I watched closely scanning the area for any signs of movement. I'm sure he moved, I can't let my guard down. Shisui flickered above me throwing another kunai. The same trick again Shisui? I flipped backwards avoiding the oncoming object, but once I landed I felt cold metal against my neck. Damn.

"Checkmate." Shisui said smiling with pride, I sighed and nodded. So he used a shadow clone to get me from behind? Smart. Shisui lowered the sharp metal that was at my throat, and rubbed the top of my head.

"Shisui!" I gave him a pouting face, as I swatted his hand away. He just smiled at me giving me his signature thumbs up. I couldn't help but smile at his goofiness.

"I'm just proud of you, you're getting much better, just pay more attention dork." Shisui said, dropping his hand down to his side.

"Thank you Shisui. For the last time im not a dork!" I said still giving him a pouting face, I puffed my cheeks out doing my best to make him feel bad but to no avail. I glanced over at an observing Itachi his onyx eyes fixed on us. He began to make his short journey to us, as he got closer he halted and looked to me with interest.

"You never felt his presence behind you?" Itachi said with a thoughtful look on his face as he studied mine. I tried to fix my now messy hair, and nodded at Itachi.

"Yeah, I figured he was planning something, but I was a little late." I said looking at a proud Shisui, I smirked and rolled my eyes.

"I'll get you next time ya know?" I said playfully, I shoved him lightly watching him stumble over his feet dramatically acting as if he was going to fall. He caught himself and smiled looking to Itachi and I.

"Yeah yeah, Itachi can't beat me either." Shisui said looking at Itachi, I glanced at Itachi who was wearing an irritated face that crossed with determination.

"I'll beat you and Rose will too, then who will be teasing who then?" Itachi said with a smirk looking at an amused Shisui.

"That's what I like to hear. Being determined is a strong quality." Shisui said to Itachi holding up his arm giving a thumbs up with a bright smile.

Ever since my brother was killed in the war Itachi, Shisui and I have been extremely close. The death of him only sealed our friendship, my brother was the only family I had left. We have gone through a lot together, we have seen many deaths.

~Flashback~

The trees shook roughly around us as the wind rushed through them, the dark engulfed our surroundings, my eyes were focused on the ground, tears glided down my cheek slowly grasping the dirt as they fell.

"Why him... If only I was stronger I could have saved him, if only I trained more." My eyes were empty, my body felt like it wasn't my own, I felt like my soul had left me and would never return. Tears began streaming down my face and they only seemed to fall harder. The dirt was absorbing every drop that had left my face. I felt a warm grip in both of my hands, I glanced through the tears to see they were filled with Itachi and Shisui's hands.

"Rose, you can't blame yourself." Itachi said his voice was low and slightly hushed.

"You have to remember the good times you shared. He will always be watching over you." Itachi spoke again. He looked to the dark covered sky, which was sprinkled with bright stars.

Is that how you get passed something like this? My head stayed staring at the ground in front of me the moon giving some light to the rust colored dirt, the good times? We had many of those, we were so close. My mother never had to worry about us because we were always together watching out for one another. Shisui and Itachi knew him well.

"It's okay to cry it out, just don't stay that way you have to regain yourself and focus on the road ahead." Shisui said I could feel him looking at me, my body felt so numb to the world right now.

"He will be like the stars, you don't always see them, but you know they are always there." Shisui said almost like a whisper, I finally looked up my eyes widened at their comments. I need to be strong for my brother no matter what happens.

"We will help you get through this." Itachi said and Shisui nodded in agreement giving me a thumbs up, with a big smile.

"You can always count on us." Shisui said smiling at me squeezing my hand in his.

Both of you.. thank you..

~End Flashback~

"We should head back." They both nodded in agreement and we started back home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I promise chapters will not be this long! Please please comment and tell me what you think. This isn't a story where they just fall in love all of the sudden, I want you guys to really feel what they feel and learn to love them as an individual.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.8K 2.8K 42
[COMPLETE - NO FUTURE UPDATES/EDITING] "You're not going to kill me, right?" My voice is filled with uncertainty, unsure of his actions. He raised a...
6K 172 48
Believe it or not, the world is filled with beasts that are called Deviants which feed on human flesh for survival. But there are people who fight th...
4.9K 226 31
Itachi has always put Sasuke before everyone even the man he desperately loved. Kakashi always wondered why itachi killed his clan, why Itachi left w...
47.7K 1.3K 13
Sasuke looked forward and gasped. A kunai was coming; full speed. "SASUKE!!" Sasuke closed his eyes. He waited for the impact. He opened his eyes t...