Dark Shines (Levi x Reader)

By heichoo

ReaderxLevi. (Y/N) comes home one day to find a stranger in her home, rummaging through her cabinets. Scared... More

Firstly
Robber
Discovery
Creep
Surprise
Author's Note
Boats and Ships
Jealousy
Gone
Suspicions
Trust
Chase
Out of this world
Bittersweet
Author's note
Sorry
Foreshadow
Return
Anticipate
Appear to Disappear
Hello, Goodbye
If We Ever Meet Again
A/N
The End
Please Explain
Keep Moving Forward
Restart
Author's Note
What If
Final Author's Note

Blanket

119K 4.5K 7.8K
By heichoo

They all went home in the afternoon, right after they had bought food and a few clothes for Levi and Hange. Although Hange would fit into (y/n)'s clothing, and although she had clothes appropriate for Levi to wear, there are just things that they couldn't borrow . (undergarments.)

The two were ecstatic to be outside; to have a taste of the free world without the constant fear of a larger entity living beyond a barrier. Both Hange and Levi wanted to stay there forever, but they knew they must continue on with their story.

"Oh right! We have to figure out how to get us back home." Hange said, walking infront of Levi and (y/n)- Levi carried most of the heavier bags easily.

"We'll talk about it over dinner." She replied.

Once they got home, they set the bags down as she organized its contents into their respected cupboards.

They sat down for an early dinner- which was takeout- and discussed what ever they were going to do.

"Okay," she said pointing to Levi with her fork "He woke up here, and you," She then pointed to Hange "walked in here through your closet. I don't see the connection."

Hange thought for a while, pondering at what possibilities laid. "Maybe those are the possible ways of getting through- sleeping and doors are the two ways. Completely random portals but maybe because they get activated through different areas."

"Alright, then how do we open it whenever we please?" Levi asked.

"We'll carry out expirements throughout the week. I'll list out possible ways that we can test them. (y/n) you can help me." Hange said in exaltation. She had new experiments to work on besides the ones she had to conduct for the titans. She had no choice but to do so, otherwise she wouldn't be able to return to perform her experiments for the titans.

"Sure," She replied. Her curiousity made her enthusiastic.

"Be careful. Even if these experiments are simple, they could still kill you," Levi added, "remember this is shitty-glasses you're working with."

"Right.." she replied, feeling apprehensive to continue with what she had just previously been excited about.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure you don't die in the process of the experiment." Hange reassured her, giving her a thumbs up. "We have to start working on theories though, and list out the possible ways." Hange became serious, showing her that this was her field.

---

Both her and Hange spent countless hours thinking of different possibilities and theories, she'd forgotten she fell asleep.

---

The next morning, she woke up early- her hair a great mess, and her neck aching from the position she slept in. She stretched herself awake, feeling a blanket slide down her back, causing her to look down at the floor. Hange must have put it on me. She might be crazy but she's still considerate. She thought, picking it off the floor.

She looked down onto her notes, remembering all of the things they talked about and how they would conduct their experiments. The experiments consisted of different ridiculous tests, and she contributed to half of these ideas. They all made sense when she was half asleep.

Hange came out of her room, stretching and yawning, wearing clothes she borrowed.

"Thanks for the blanket, Hange. it was very nice of you." She said, folding them.

Hange gave her a confused look, "I didn't..." She then looked at Levi, sleeping on the couch. "Could it be a ghost? Do you think your house is haunted?" She threw her arms in the air, practically shouting, and woke Levi.

He rubbed his eyes like a child and stretched as he groaned in annoyance. "I gave you the blanket. Do you really think Hange would do that?" He sat on the couch and ran a hand through his hair.

"He's right." Hange shrugged, smiling widely.

"Thank you." She said, looking at him thankfully, he responded with a blank look and nodded his head.

Hange muttered something under her breath and cleared her throat obnoxiously as if to catch their attention- causing the long gaze to break.

"You guys can make out later, okay? Right now we need to start our experiments." She clapped her hands.

"Don't be stupid," Levi said, getting up from the couch, folding the blakets neatly and placing them on top of his pillow. "We haven't had breakfast yet. Its not an experiment to starve us to death."

"I'll make breakfast. You guys do whatver you want to do. But please do not set anything on fire." She returned.

"I'll help you, I've always wanted to try making food." Hange said, walking into the kitchen.

"I'm going to take a shower." Levi said, walking into the bathroom.

As much of a hassle it was for her to share her living space with other people, she didn't mind. It was like they were her roommates.

"Okay, let's get cooking, (y/n)!" Hange peeked out of the kitchen.

She followed and took out her ingredients- they were going to make pancakes.

"So, Hange," she started as she was mixing the batter.

"Hm? What is it?" Hange looked at her.

"Does... uhhm, Le..." she discontinued, causing Hange to become more curious.

"Does... what?" Hange knew what she was going to ask about, and she wanted to push it out of her. "You can't back out, I'm already curious."

Fuck it, she thought. "Does Levi, like... does he," Hange leaned in closer, "Does he ever uhh romantically like anyone, like... will he ever consider it?" she refused to look at Hange who seemed to nearly burst out into laughter but held it in.

"I knew it! I knew you liked him! Aww," She giggled as if she was a highschool girl. "I don't think he's dated anyone, or really thought about it- well atleast from all the years I've known him." Hange replied, noticing the dejection in her eyes. "Oh, don't be sad. You can probably change his ways. Besides, he seems to act differently around you."

"It's okay, Hange. You don't have to try and raise my hopes. I understand." She smiled and looked at Hange, putting batter onto the pan.

"I'll see what I can do," Hange smiled back.

"Oh god NO. You don't have to. Don't force him into liking me." She replied, giving Hange a worried look.

"Shh shh shh." Hange put a finger to her lips. She moved her head back in response.

"No, no seriously," She waved her hands, "you do-"

"Shh." Hange said, for the last time.

She sighed in submission and went back to what she was cooking.

After they finished, they ate.

"I KNEW ABOUT YOUR BOOK. AND LEVI KNEW ABOUT YOUR BOOK, AND YOU KNEW ABOUT OUR BOOK, WHICH IS PROBABLY WHAT CREATED THE WALKWAY BETWEEN OUR WORLDS." Hange shouted, spraying pancakes onto her plate. She ran off to get her notebook and took notes down.

"Wow, not even food keeps her away from her experiments." She looked at the plate that Hange spat on.

"She's crazy. You'll get used to it after a while." He replied.

Hange ran back with a notebook she bought the day before, shaking it aggressively. She was muttering something as she wrote down her notes on the table. All the words she could hear was "great" and "genius idea".

She stared at Hange while Levi continued to eat, not even looking.

"Y-you okay there, Hange?" She reluctantly reached to tap Hange.

"I'm more than okay!" She maniacally laughed. "The reason that nothing continues in our world is because a character is missing, AH, yes. NICE. And the reason that we were able to cross worlds is because of how you knew his book existed and so did he!" she paraphrased her previous outburst.

"Shut up, Hange. You're going to lure the titans all the way here if you keep shouting like that." Levi gave an annoyed look.

When they all finished, they began conducting the experiments.

"Okay, so our first test is how to activate the doors. Now, before I opened the door, I was singing, so maybe if I sang before opening the door..." she started singing some tune.

"This is ridiculous." Levi said, rolling his eyes, as he followed Hange to the bathroom door.

Hange opened the door, and she stopped singing, her mouth wide open. "Nothing." She walked on, and Levi and (y/n) trailed behind.

"What next, smart-ass?" Levi questioned.

"Oh we've just started one of the millions of theories we need to try out." she said. "I still have to try and see whether I can open the door by repeating the other things that I did before opening it."

Hange continued, from morning to the afternoon, not even stopping to eat lunch with Levi and (y/n).

"Is she always like this?" She asked worriedly as they both ate on the table.

"When she's motivated, yes." He took a bite from his pizza, savouing the bite of the delectable food that had just been introduced to him.

"She's persistent, it's like she wants to leave." She bit from her pizza and got up from her seat. "Hange, please eat."

"No, I have to continue! Not done yet." she shouted, testing whether the door would allow her to pass through.

She didn't retaliate. She just allowed Hange do whatever she needed to and watched her continue.

"What else do you need to do?" Levi asked, walking up behind her drinking water from his cup.

"Levi, what did you do right before you fell asleep on the day you woke up here?" Hange disregarded his question.

"I was reading the book, and I fell asleep while reading it."

"No, no. Before that." she waved her hand.

He put a finger to his lips and began thinking. "I was drinking black tea after supervising the cadets that were in kitchen duty, uh, I remember impatiently tapping my foot while I was reading, maybe that's something."

"How about you, (y/n)? What were you doing before you found him?" Hange took notes down.

"I fell asleep immediately when I got home. The book was right beside me when I slept."

"So you both fell asleep near the book, which would probably..." Hange's eyes widened in discovery of a possibility. "I need to write this down" she took out her notebook, a page falling out right infront of (y/n).

"Oh, Hange, you dropped this," she bent down to the floor, grabbing the piece of paper which looked like a page from an old book and had illustrations of titan anatomy. "What is thi-"

"Oh that's just my doodles," she eagerly grabbed the paper from her "haha, yeah, I'm hungry now I need to eat!" she tucked it in her notebook and walked past her and Levi, hugging the notebook tightly under her arm. She was suspicious of what just happened but did not really think anything of it afterwards. Typical behaviour for Hange.

Levi sat down on the dinner table, his arm thrown over to the back of the chair and gave Hange a look, but (y/n) didn't see.

---

(A/N) hey friend!

so i really think i like the title of this chapter because its relevant to this chapter and it also foreshadows something heheh.

anyways, sorry it took a while, I had writer's block and i basically laid in bed for hours thinking about what to write. but i have a plot planned out and everything  so yeaah

Have a good day and thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 499 65
You're a new recruit in the Survey Corp with a mission that extends beyond "the sake of humanity". Joining with two childhood friends, you're able to...
112 11 3
A marriage for a mission, a cabin for a couple... Spending one whole week in a secluded cottage with nothing but a single bed and a small couch with...
13.9K 735 33
ใ€ŠLevi x Readerใ€‹ |Levi's Time Travel Trilogy| -BOOK 2- โœฆโ€ขยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทโ€ขโœฆโ€ขยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทโ€ขโœฆ 8 months have passed since (Y/N) Jaeger had...
529K 20.8K 123
[COMPLETED] "(Y/N), after everything we've been through, I have become certain of one thing. I love you. Having to stay away from you for so long onl...