Gotta Be You

By FallingForUxx

Brooklyn dreamt of meeting One Direction. She never imagined she would fall in love with one of them..... More

Chapter 1- A Date With Destiny. Maybe....
Chapter 2- Home Sweet Home
Chapter 3- Dressed to Impress
Chapter 4- I Guess It Is Just Us.
Chapter 5- Nicknames
Chapter 6- Meeting Maddi
Chapter 7- Chillin' With the Boys
Chapter 8- The First Date
Chapter 9- Emily and the unknown number
Chapter 10- Satisfied
Chapter 11- You've got Mail. Sort of
Chapter 12- Cat Attack
Chapter 13- A Day With the Boys
Chapter 14- Honest
Chapter 15- The Truth Has Been Revealed
Chapter 16- The Crush Factor
Chapter 17- Em meets the boys.
Chapter 18- Full Blown Fangirl Mode.
Chapter 19- Morning Sunshine
Chapter 20- A Morning With Nialler
Chapter 21- Meeting Maddi Donovan
Chapter 22- Waffles
Chapter 23- Awkward bunny time!!!
Chapter 24- Self-Stalking
Chapter 25- Good Morning Sunshine Part 2
Chapter 26- Talia and the Gummy Worm pile
NOT A CHAPTER
Chapter 27- Twister and "the method"
Chapter 28- The Promise
Chapter 30: Matchmaker
Chapter 31: Scenic Route
Chapter 32(I think. Just go with it!): Potatoes?
Chapter 33: Coming Home.
Chapter 34: When Girls Met Boys
Chapter 35: Scream 4.............
Chapter 36: Truth or Dare- Louis
Chapter 37: Truth or Dare- Harry
Chapter 38: Truth or Dare- Zayn
Chapter 39: Truth or Dare- Cat
Chapter 40: Truth or Dare- Nialler
Chapter 41: Truth or Dare- Maddi
Chapter 42: Truth or Dare- Liam
Chapter 43: Truth or Dare- Ashley
Chapter 44: Truth or Dare- Brooklyn
Chapter 45: Relationship Status.
Chapter 46: Promise Fulfilled
Chapter 47: DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!
Chapter 48: The secret
Chapter 49: The truth behind the words
Chapter 50: Going Public
Chapter 51: Good Time
Chapter 52: Sea of Black
Chapter 53: I hate hospitals. -.-
Chapter 54: The Wicked Bitch is Dead. Maybe
Chapter 55: He's gonna regret it.....
Chapter 56: We thought......
IMPORTANT NEWS and Chapter 57: The renovations
Chapter 58: The hair
Chapter 59: "Zashley" goes worldwide
Chapter 60: Surprise!
Chapter 61: Introducing the Fantabulous Fabulous Hanna Reid
Chapter 62: The Chip, The Announcement, and The Plane Ride
Chapter 63: The Rayne Project
Chapter 64: Meet The Neighbors
This is It.

Chapter 29- Meeting Hailey

134 4 0
By FallingForUxx

Ok. Sooo sorry that this is a boring chapter. I needed to introduce Hailey! So there is more to come!!!

***************************************************************************************************************

Today we got to meet our “shadows” for the week. Cat, Ash, and I all worked at a daycare and every once in a while a school had a couple kids sent in to work for the day for community service, something they did in the middle schools and high schools that I never understood. Today we had a high school group with a couple seniors.

            “Hey. I’m Brooklyn.” I said, offering a hand to my shadow.

            “My name is Hailey Madigan.”

            “Well it is nice to meet you Hailey, why don’t we go with a couple of the others to the interview room. There we basically ask you about yourself, nothing scary or weird.” I said, directing her towards the conference/interview room. I tapped Em’s, Cat’s, and Ash’s shoulders as I passed, walking into the conference room behind Hailey.

            “So what are we going to do today and tomorrow?” Hailey asked as we both settled into chairs, me taking the clipboard off of the table next to me.

            “Well it depends on your answers. Today you will be doing intro and some stuff with us, and then you will work all of tomorrow. Is it good to be out of school?” I asked, remembering the terrible, kid-filled halls.

            “Definitely!” Hailey said with a huge grin.

            “Ok. So first question. How old are you?” I asked her, pen pointed over the answer box.

            “I am 18 years old. But I am graduating in November and turning 19 in December.” Hailey replied confidently as I quickly jotted down her answer.

            “Ok. Next question, have you ever worked with kids before?” I said, the question was stupid. Only students with experience with kids were allowed to even interview for this shadow job.

            “Obviously.” Hailey said laughing, she could tell this was a stupid question. “I worked as a babysitter for my neighbor; it eventually turned into a few families on my street. That is about it.” She said, I wrote down everything quickly.

            “Ok. This is the last required question, I do have a couple more for you but this is what is required. Ok, so what age range do you typically work with?” I asked as she sighed in relief.

            “Well, I typically work with anywhere from eight months to 5 years old.” Hailey said as I wrote down her answer, checking the appropriate boxes.

            “Now this one isn’t for the interview. Now I am speaking as a friend when I ask this, are you single? And I am not talking about me!” I said laughing.

            “Yes, I am single.” Hailey said laughing.

            “Ok. Well we’ll see how you are working and then we could possibly be friends, does that work?” I asked her.

            “Definitely! I would love to be friends!” Hailey said smiling.

            “Ok. Well today I am going to put you on toddler duty, you are basically going to hang out with our four years olds.” I said, handing her a folder that held all of the information on the kids.

            After the kids had left, Hailey came by my office for “check-out”.

            “Hey. All of the kids went home. Am I good to go?” She asked, sticking her head in the door.

            “Hi. Come in! I just want to talk to you for a second. Thanks for coming in.” I replied, looking up from my laptop. My laptop gave the appearance of me doing important work but I was secretly watching One Direction videos on YouTube.

            “Ok.” Hailey said, stepping in and sitting down on one of the fluffy pink chairs.

            “So how was work?” I asked her.

            “It was great. I had a lot of fun.”

            “Do you have any plans tonight? I want you to meet a friend of mine.”

            “Nope.” Hailey said smiling, but she also looked confused.

            “Do you like One Direction?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 88 31
18 year old Kelsey has been a One Direction fan ever since she was 14. Never really getting the chance to meet them in her suburban town of Richmond...
353 12 12
A FanFiction dedicated to my friend Andrea. Liam Payne's biggest fan.
32.8K 232 18
When Maddie's life takes an unexpected turn, she is forced to go live in London with an old friend. She finds her self falling in love with his best...
3.9K 55 20
Lindsey is a big fan of One Direction and finally gets to go to one of their Meet And Greets, but what happens when her dream of one of the boys fall...