Dark Beauty

By RimaSantana

Popular, smart, and pretty... Layla King, the daughter of an infamous Chicago drug Lord is a 16-year girl wh... More

Dark Beauty { Urban Fiction }
Qoute
"The Past."
C H A P T E R 1 : The Beginning.
chapter 2: DownLow
Chapter 3: Missing You.
C H A P T E R 4 : Birthday Surprise.
C H A P T E R 5 : Surreal.
C H A P T E R 6 : Crooked Smile.
Chapter 7: Power Trip.
*PRESENT (Late) 2000's*
C H A P T E R 8 : Layla
C H A P T E R 9 : Lola
C H A P T E R 10: Logan.
C H A P T E R 11: Darien.
C H A P T E R 12 : Logan.
C H A P T E R 13 : Lola
C H A P T E R 14 : Lola P A R T 2
C H A P T E R 12 : Layla
C H A P T E R 13 : Layla
C H A P T E R 14 : Layla
C H A P T E R 15 : Layla
C H A P T E R 16 : Part 2 (from previous chapter.)
C H A P T E R 17 : Darien
C H A P T E R 18 : Darien
C H A P T E R 19 : Logan
C H A P T E R 20 : Lola ( With Part 2)
C H A P T E R 21 : Layla
C H A P T E R 22 : Lola
C H A P T E R 23 : Layla
C H A P T E R 24 : Darien
C H A P T E R 25 : Logan
C H A P T E R 26 : Layla
C H A P T E R 27: Lola
C H A P T E R 28 : Layla
C H A P T E R 30 : Darien
C H A P T E R 31 : Part 2 (Layla's Chapter) The last Chapter.
Characters (everyone mentioned in this book)

C H A P T E R 29 : Darien.

4K 131 52
By RimaSantana

Thursday

January 31st, 2014 

3:30 p.m.

"I  love you too Darien,” Layla cooed sweetly as I planted kisses to her neck. The sound of the waves crashing to the shore, and the bright moon hovering above made the scene seem romantic. “Let’s go,” she demanded. “It’s getting’ a little chilly out here and I’m not tryna’ get sick.” she remarked as she tried to contain her loose waves that the wind kept blowing in her face.

        That was last night.

     And this is a new day.

     And not all of what I said last night is true. I went along with everything she said simply because I didn’t want to ruin the moment, and because I need her ass to help me out for the next couple of weeks. I couldn’t mention on how I needed her assistance simply because I fucked up badly somewhere in my empire. Don’t get me wrong I truly love Layla with all my heart and I meant it every time we exchanged I love you’s last night, but it was mostly just to pull her closer and get inside her head so it’d be easier for me to get her to do this mission.

    Like I said, when I told her that I loved her I meant that shit, and when she mention that we were having a little girl my heart dropped and something changed. It made me reflect back on how I was treating her and pain instantly hit me; but I didn’t show it. I was starting to feel guilty for all the times I’ve cheated, threatened her, lied, and used her. It made me think about what kind of man I was, and if I was someone I would ever want my daughter to run into.

     Ever since the footlocker incident I’ve been putting up with the challenging task of trying to make both of my baby mama’s happy, and so far the shit has been as tiring as a Monday morning. It’s only one of me and two of them and it seemed as if all Kanesha wanted to do was shop and have my attention, while Layla wanted me up under twenty-four seven, and when I try to leave either I can’t mention who I’m going to go see next.

     The jealousy between my two baby mamas’ is real. I know they hate each other simply because of me, and it steams as far back as my first year being into the drug world four years ago. When Kanesha moved away you’d think they’d call it quits, but they didn’t and it was really sad because they were fighting over nothing. I know it ain’t safe to play with both of their hearts, but it’s hard to choose a winner when you love them both equally. I love them both in a different way. I love Kanesha ‘cause we got years and she’s the first mother of my child who blessed me with a son, but I love Layla ‘cause she’s a rider and because we’ve been through more shit.

    When I first met Layla some years back I was fuckin’ ‘round with Kanesha, so I kept Layla, the new girl as a side chick, but then I started to really dig her, and it reached a point where I just ain’t give no fuck about how Kanesha felt so I left her for Layla, but then shit changed.

        But like I said those were the emotions of last night.

        And this is a new day.

       As I drove down the seat with my son in the backseat strapped into his booster seat I looked into the rearview mirror at him. I watched as he nodded his head to the music. I chuckled because in the little time we’ve spent together he reminded me so much of how I was when I was a little boy.  I parked the car in front of my mother’s house and unstrapped my son from his booster seat. We both exited the car but before I could move away a green chrysler 300 pulled up alongside of me. I watched as the window rolled down and Montez face stared back at me. “Wassup nigga?” he greeted as he leaned over in the driver seat.

“Just out with my son,” I answered. “You?” I asked. 

“Just ridin’ ‘round getting’ it.” he answered. “When Layla have the baby?” he questioned.

“This ain’t by her man,” I told him.

“Word?” he asked shocked. “You out here makin’ babies on the low?” he joked. “Who’s this one by?”

“Kanesha,” I answered.

“That chick you brought to the club opening the other night?” he questioned.

“Yeah that’s her,” I boasted.

“Shit that’s wassup,” he congratulated. “Two bad ass baby mama’s, can’t even be mad at’cha.”

 “Daddy come on.” Junior rushed.

“I’ll be there in a minute, just go sit on the porch.” I told him. I watched as he did what I said.

“Yeah that’s yo’ son,” Montez agreed. “Impatient just like yo’ yellea’ ass.”

I laughed. “Nigga you a trip,”

“But I’ma catch up wit’ ya’ later, I gotta’ get ready to pack so I can leave for Texas tonight.” The engine started. “But umm I came by to see if you were down to expand?” he asked.

“Expand like how?” I questioned.

“There’s a nigga that’s tryna’ get in tune wit’cha,” he told me. “He goes by the name of MoneyTrain,” he continued. “He some big time drug dealer from New York.”

“Have we crossed paths before?” I questioned.

“Nah, but y’all is now” Montez answered. “He only fuck wit’ the heavy hittas who movin’ bricks by seconds.” he continued. “You down?” My heart told me not to agree, but with it being an option of money in it my mind told me to say yes. I shook my head yes and just like that I was down. “Good.” he continued. “He gave me his card to give to you.” he said as he reached into his shirt pocket and pulled it out.

“You my rule I don’t do business over the phone,” I told him. “I only do face to face.”

“Alright we’ll I’ll give him a call and let him know that, but in the meantime you stay safe, and I’ll see you when I see ya’.” he told me. “And start usin’ protection boy!” he joked as he pulled off.

     I went around my car and towards my son. I grabbed his hand and we walked up the path. “Where we at daddy?” he questioned.

“I’m takin’ you to meet some people.” I answered as my phone rang. “Hello,”

“Where’s my son?” Kanesha asked.

“Chill, he’s right beside me.” I told her. “What do you want?” I questioned.

“Why didn’t you tell me you went by my mothers and picked him up?” she questioned.

“When were you gonna’ tell me that you left my son at home with your mom?” I questioned. “I thought I told you that when you left to call me so I could come pick him up?”

“Please, he was fine with his grandmother and great grandma.” she stated.

“It doesn’t matter, he’s my son and I want to be here for him now, you got me here and I want to help you out, it’s not their job ‘Nesha,” I told her.

“Whatever make sure you take care of him and don’t be havin’ him around no hoes, don’t make me catch a case.” she threatened.

“Chill I ain’t gon’ have no other females around my son.” I assured her. Hearing background noise I asked, “Where you at anyway?”

“Uh,” she hesitated for a moment. “Chillin’ wit’ my cousin and some of her friends.”

     I seen right through her phony lie, but I didn’t care enough to argue about it. “Stop lyin’,” I told her. “I’ll catch yo’ ass later.” I pressed the end button and proceeded to open the front door. “Go in,” I demanded. Junior walked in and I followed behind. When the door shut behind me I turned around to see my family starring back at me with a confused look on her face.

“Who is this?” my mother questioned

     I took a seat on the couch and pulled Junior closer to me. I took off his coat and sat it on the side of me. He stuck close to me. “Uh,”

“Please don’t tell me?” she questioned again.

“Depends on what you thinkin’ mama,” I remarked.

“Tell me you watchin’ this li’l boy for one of the girls you messin’ ‘round with?” she questioned.

“Nah ma,” I answered. “This is my son.” I told her.

     With a confused look Jasmine asked, “Wait a minute so what about Layla?”

“She’s still pregnant, she’s only four months.” I told them. I took a deep breath and released it. “This one is by Kanesha.”

“When I said I wanted grandkids I didn’t mean one by a bitch I couldn’t stand and the other just to pop up out the wood works.” My mother complained. 

“Are you sure he’s yours Darien?” my older sister Zion asked.

“Yeah look at him,” I told her.

“Well there’s no doubt he looks like him.” my mother chimed in.

“I don’t buy that shit for a second you need to get that little boy tested.” Zion said matter-factly.

“I can’t believe you fucked around wit’ that bitch.” Monnie hissed.

“Monnie chill don’t disrespect her like that nigga.” I warned.

“What did I tell you about that bitch?” he questioned. “And now you don’ gone and got that hoe pregnant?” Dominick snapped.

“Hey you two that’s enough,” my mother barked. “Darien’s a grown man who can make his own decisions, he don’t need his older brother and younger brother actin’ like his father.” she snapped.

“Whatever I warned you,” he told me. “I guess yo’ ass will learn one day.” Monnie warned.

“Like I said you need to get that little boy tested.” Zion repeated.

“Zy the boy looks just like De’ when he was a baby.” my mother said.

“That don’t mean shit mama.” Zion argued. “My cousin Crystal on my daddy side look exactly like your mother when she was a baby and they not related.”

“Zion shut the fuck up!” I yelled.

“Whatever don’t say we ain’t warned yo’ dumbass.” she retorted as she got up and walked out the room with my brothers in toe.

     Jasmine and my younger two sisters, and twin brothers walked out the room, leaving me, my son, and mother in the living room alone. Geneva looked to me and then down at her grandson. I watched as a smile spread across her face. She got up and walked to us, then bent down in front of him. “What’s your name?” she asked.

“Darien, but everyone call me Junior.” He told her.

“Well Junior I’m grandma, and you are such a handsome little boy.” she told him. Junior didn’t say anything as he slowly twisted from side to side in front of her. My mother chuckled at the smile he had on his face. “Yeah he’s yours; he got that same goofball smile you had when you were younger.” My mother grabbed his hand and gently laid it to his side. “How old are you?” she questioned. He raised his hand again and put up four fingers. “Four, so you’re a big boy now?” Darien slowly shook his head yes. That was the last thing she said to him. Geneva looked up to me and asked, “So does Layla know about him?”

“Of course,” I told her.

“And how far long is she?” my mother questioned.

“She’s four months.” I answered. “You got five months to prepare.” I joked.

“Anymore baby mama’s I should know about?” she questioned.

“Not that I know of,” I half joked.

     She playfully hit me on the shoulder. “Nigga you better know I ain’t tryna’ be no grandma of twenty-seven kids.” she complained. “Wrap that thing up these better be the only two for now.” she scolded playfully.

     We both laughed and then the room went quiet. “I’m bored daddy.” Junior announced. I pulled out my phone and handed it to him. He went to the game section and moved away from me. My mother handed me the remote and then left out the room. I relaxed back on the sofa and flipped through the channels. Ten minutes later I felt Junior tap me. I looked over to him and the phone screen and grabbed it from him. Answering the call I said, “Hello.”

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“Just chillin’ with my son,” I answered. “Wasup wit’cha?” I took the phone away from ear because I heard beeping. I looked and seen an unknown number. “Hold up,” I told Layla and then clicked over. “Who is this?”

“Darien?” the male voice asked.

“Yeah, who this?” I questioned.

“This is Craig MoneyTrain’s assistant,” he answered.

“Oh wassup?” I asked.

“Montez gave me your number, told me you wanted to get in touch with me about some business.” he said.

“He told me that you wanted to do business, but yeah I’m down.” I agreed.

“I’ma give you a call ar-“

“I don’t do phone calls, I’m a face to face person.” I told him.

“Well lucky for you he just texted me the address of where he wants to meet.” he informed. “Dead Man’s Warehouse.” he informed. “How many you rollin’ wit’?” he questioned.

“Four deep,” I answered.

“A’ight see ya’ then.” he said and then clicked.

     I clicked back over to Layla. “Hello,”

“About damn time,” she remarked sarcastically.

“Whatever it was a business call.” I told her.

“Mhm,” she mumbled. “Whatever do you wanna’ come with me today?” she questioned.

“Where too?” I asked.

“My doctor’s appointment.” she answered.

“At what time?” I questioned.

“In a hour,” she answered.

“I got Junior with me for the rest of the day so he’ll be with me.” I told her.

“Cool, I’ll finally get to meet him.” she told me.

“I don’t think “nesha gon’ like that,” I told her.

“Tell that bitch she better chill it’s just a damn doctor’s appointment,” she snapped. “I am the mother of his half sister so I gotta get use to him eventually, right?” she questioned.

“True.” I agreed.

“And beside I really want you to come baby,” she whined.

“A’ight ma I’ll meet you up there.” I told her. “Just text me the address.” I added. We both clicked off and a few minutes later I received a text. I was taking a risk by bringing my son along to the doctor’s office, but Layla was right she’d have to get use to him. “Come on li’l man.” I said as I stood up. I stretched and then grabbed his coat. I handed it to him and watched him put it on and zip it up.  I throw on my hood and we both headed for the door.

     We walked toward the car and I opened the passenger side door and watched as my son crawled into the car. I buckled him in and then shut the door and headed for the driver side. Once inside I stuck the key into the ignition and pulled off, and headed for the doctor’s office. Twenty minutes later we pulled up to the doctors off and I unbuckled my son and we got out the car. We headed up to the glass doors and I opened it. I held it open and my son went in first, and I followed behind. We rounded the corner and went into the waiting room, and I guided my son straight to the back of the room where I saw Layla sitting.

     I sat Junior down in the chair on this side of her, and then moved in front of her and leaned down and gave her a quick kiss. “How long you been sittin’ here?” I questioned.

“For about an hour now,” she answered. She looked down to Junior and smiled. “Hey little man.” She greeted. Junior looked to her and smiled. “He got a smile just like yours.” she complimented. “Oh god now the world betta’ watch out.” she joked.

“What you tryna’ say though?” I joked. Layla chuckled, but didn’t answer. I watched as she flipped through the magazine. “I ain’t that bad.” Layla laughed again. I turned my attention towards Darien for a second. “Why don’t you go down there and play with the toys?” I asked him. Junior shook his head okay and went down to the carpet and began to play with the toys. I took his seat that was next to Layla. I rested my head on her shoulder and she looked down at me. “What?” I questioned.

“If you don’t get’cho big ass head off my shoulder.” she joked.

“My head ain’t big,” I said as I looked up to her. A smile spread across my face as I studied her beautiful face. “Give me a kiss.” I demanded sweetly as I reached up and pulled her head down. She smiled and her glossy lips touched mine. “You gon’ be mad as hell next time.” I remarked as she pulled away.

“Why?” she questioned.

“Cause I ain’t comin’ back, this shit borin’.” I told her.

“You ain’t even been here long,” she exclaimed.

     I shrugged my shoulders. I don’t care, this shit is boring. I looked around the place and caught the eyes of a cute Latina who sat across the way. As she flipped through the pages of the magazine she eyed me secretively so that the nigga who sat next to her wouldn’t see. My eyes moved from her to Layla and then from her to her man. I shook my head. She was gorgeous, but from what I can see she had one on the way, and I had enough problems. I slouched down in the chair and focused my attention on the small television that they had settled on cartoons. “When are they gonna' call you back there already?” I asked. Layla shrugged her shoulders as she kept her attention on the magazine. “We’ve been here an hour already.” I complained.

“De’ chill okay,” she told me. “I’m sure it won’t be too much longer.”

     I huffed. With every second that pass I felt my life wasting away. Layla grabbed hold of my hand and held it. Ten minutes later I heard a nurse call Layla’s last name. She let go of my hand and gathered her things and began to head for the nurse. “Come on Junior.” I said. Junior stood up and we followed behind Layla. We watched as the nurse weighed Layla, checked her blood pressure, and then she led us to a room, and told us that the doctor would be in shortly.

“You happy now?” she asked sarcastically.

“Ecstatic.” I answered sarcastically.

     Five minutes later there was a knock on the door and then the doctor entered. “Good afternoon.” he greeted as he walked into the room. He shook my hand and then shook Layla’s. He walked past us and sat on the black swivel chair that was located near a small brown counter. “Who’s this little guy?” he questioned.

“My names Junior.” my son said.

“Well Junior,” the doctor repeated as he pulled out a sucker. “There you go.”

What do you say Junior?” Layla asked.

“Thank you,” my son said as he walked over to me. He handed me the sucker and I opened it for him and handed it back.

“So tell me how’s things been going since we last met?” the doctor questioned as he turned Layla’s way.

“Good,” she answered. “The throwing up has stopped.” she told him.

“Now from what you told my nurse’s you can’t take pills,” he spoke. “Why not?” he asked.

“They’re too big,” she told him.

“Well the best thing I can tell you to do is if you refuse to take the pills then you should eat lots of fruits and vegetables.” he told her.

“She’s gonna’ take them doc.” I butted in. Layla shot me a glare. “You’re gonna’ take them.” I told her.

“I want to see you back here at the end of your six month.” he informed me. “But if anything goes wrong or you have any more questions then don’t hesitate to give us a call.” he told me. Layla shook her head okay. “Take it easy people.” he told us as he left out the room.

     I stood up and walked toward her and helped her down off the examination table. She turned around and grabbed for her coat, and I helped her put it on. We all left out the room and headed down the hallway and out the building doors. As we stood out front we said our goodbyes. “Put on his gloves it’s cold as hell outside.” she demanded. “And where’s your coat?”

“At home and I’m cool.” I told her.

“That’s not the point,” she said. “You gon’ be sick as hell it ain’t summer time out here.” she complained. I pulled her closer to me and lifted her head up towards me. “Thank you for comin’ with me today.” She placed a kiss to my lips and then smiled.

“No need to thank me,” I told her. “I’m ‘pose to do shit like this.”

“I see you comin’ around now.” she remarked as a smile spread across her face. “I love you baby.”

“I love you too ma.” I gave her another kiss and a tight hug. We let go of each other and I followed her to her car. I watched as she got inside and I knocked on the passenger side window; seconds later the window rolled down. “Be careful.” I told her as I leaned down and stuck my head inside the window.

“I’m always careful.” she remarked as the car started. I backed away and watched as she pulled off.

     I grabbed my son’s hand and we walked to my car and got inside. I strapped him up, stuck the key into the ignition and before I could pull off my phone rang. I picked it up and when I seen her number flash across my screen I rolled my eyes. “Why ya’ mama keep callin’ me dude?” I questioned my son.

“I don’t know,” he answered.

“Me either.” I said as I ignored her call and plugged my phone up to the AUX cord I had. I shuffled through the list of songs I had and settled on a 2Chains song. I pulled off and headed down the busy street. As I stopped at the stop light the music paused and I heard Majesty; the automatic voice on my radio system. “You have a call from Kanesha would you like to answer?” she questioned in a sensual robotic voice.

“Yes Majesty.” I answered.

“Hello,” Kanesha greeted seconds later.

“Wassup?” I asked.

“Where’s my son?” she questioned.

“Chill out he right here,” I told her.

“Mhm,” she scoffed. “Lemme’ speak to him.” she demanded. I huffed but passed the phone to him. Junior spoke to her for a few seconds and then handed the phone to me. “You happy now?” I asked sarcastically.

“Whatever why do I hear traffic?” she questioned. “Where you take my son?”

“Chill I’m just taking him for a ride.” I lied.

“Is he strapped in safely?” she questioned.

“Yes don’t worry I got him.” I told her.

“Darien don’t tell me not to worry about him,” she snapped. “He’s my son I’ma always worry especially when he’s with you.”

“What the fuck does that mean?” I asked offended by what she said. “So you don’t trust me with our son now?” I asked.

     Kanesha huffed. “I’m not sayin’ that De’,” she began. “it’s just been hard these last few weeks, having him be away from me.” she explained. “I’ve never trusted him with anybody else other then my grandparents and mother.”

“Well I’m not just somebody else ‘Nesha I’m his father so there’s a difference, you gotta’ let us bond ma.” I told her. “I know that for the last four years you’ve been left with the responsibility, but I’m here now so let me help.” I told her.

    She huffed but agreed okay. “I’m sorry De’.”

    Disregarding her apology I said, “He’s gonna be staying with me for a couple days, don’t worry about clothes I’ll have my sisters or something take him shopping.”

“Alright,” she said dryly.

“Bye.” I told her and then clicked.

        Sometimes maybe all it took was a little bit of talking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 34 16
Camille Jones is a 18 year old senior. She attends Charleston High. She's lightskined and stands about 5'1. She lives with her mother Casey Jones who...
425 35 33
Camila is a smart, pretty, and wealthy girl and people either adore her, hate her, or envy her. Her father, a gold digger of a step mother, and step...
242K 7.5K 27
*FOLLOW ME BEFORE YOU ADD THE BOOK, SOME CHAPTERS ARE PRIVATE* 17 year old Kiara has to forget about her childhood and start becoming a parent...