More Than a Coincidence (An E...

By kj77anime

Currently editing! Warning: boyxboy ErenXLevi (Trigger warning: violent language, depression, self-harm, suic... More

A/N
Chp 1
Chp 2
Chp 3
Chp 4
Chp 5
Chp 6
Chp 7
Chp 8
Chp 9
Chp 10
Chp 11
Chp 12
Chp 13
Chp 14
Chp 15
Chp 16
Chp 17
Chp 18
Chp 20
Chp 21
Chp 22
Chp 23
Chp 24
Chp 25
Chp 26
SEQUEL?
It's happening!
Update :)

Chp 19

89 2 5
By kj77anime

A couple weeks have passed and everything has gotten much better. Though the scars on my wrist are still very evident, they remind me of the mistake I made so I'll never do it again. Levi and Erwin have been fighting less, however, Erwin has been spending more time at the restaurant. Because of that, I've been spending more time with Levi, sometimes even helping with his work, though we haven't talked about his past since the night in the bathroom.

Today, however, nobody was home. Erwin was at the restaurant, Hanji was downstairs doing building stuff, and Levi was called into the office. I just sat in the living room not paying attention to the show that was playing, when I get a text.

Levi: I need you to do me a favor!

Me: sure what is it?

Levi: I forgot my flash drive. I need you to go over and bring it to the office! Hanji has a spare key hanging up the flash drive should be plugged into the laptop in my office

Me: ok I'll bring it

Levi sent me the address as I was finding the key. It's only a few blocks away so I can just walk. I go to unlock Levi's door and to my surprise, it was open. I think nothing of it and go inside. I take my shoes off because Levi would have a conniption if I tracked any dirt inside and place them next to the two other pairs of shoes at the entrance.

Hmm that's weird, don't they usually put their extra shoes away? Oh well.

I walk into the office but the flash drive was nowhere to be seen. So I message Levi.

Me: hey it's not in the computer

Levi: then I must have left it on the desk in my room it's right next to the door

Me: ok

I go to approach the bedroom door and as I do, I hear strange sounds coming from inside. Did they leave the T.V on too?

I open the door wide and immediately freeze, I couldn't believe my eyes. The gasp I let escape was what caught the attention of the people I was staring at.

"Eren!"

Erwin was in bed, laying on top of another man, who was not his fiance. Clothes were thrown around the room, there was no "it's not what it looks like" bull shit in this situation and Erwin knew it too. I could tell by the look of horror on his face, as did the mystery guy. I wasn't able to say anything for my mind raced with a million questions. That's when I notice the small red flash drive on the desk. I quickly grab it, close the door behind me and run out of the apartment.

Was that real? Did that REALLY just happen?!

I get onto the elevator and as the doors were about to close, a large hand stopped it. Erwin barged into the empty elevator and pressed me against the wall. He held my wrists against it and yelled, "What the fuck were you doing in my apartment?!"

That's when I finally got the courage to speak, "I was getting Levi's flash drive for him...What the fuck were you doing in your apartment huh?!"

He remained silent and I kept ringing him out, "Y-you CHEATED on Levi! You were having sex with that guy! H-how could you?!"

"Y-you CANNOT tell him!" He frantically shouts.

"I HAVE TO! Y-YOU'RE A CHEATER! HE LOVES Y-" I argue. However, Erwin wraps one of his large hands around my neck. Though he doesn't squeeze, it got the message across.

"NO HE DOESN'T! YOU LITTLE BASTARD I WILL END YOU! YOU HEAR ME?! NOT ONE WORD!!" His threat honestly scared me and I reluctantly nodded. He lets go just as the elevator rings, signaling it arrived at the ground level.

The doors open and I cautiously make my way around him and leave. He gives me a threatening look as the doors close once again and I stand there dazed at what just occurred. I remember my task and began to walk towards Levi's office building, pondering whether or not to tell Levi what I just witnessed.

I talk to the lady at the front desk who instructed me where his office was. I knock on the door when I arrive and I hear a muffled "come in" from inside. I slowly open the door and see Levi sitting at his desk. I get a pit in my stomach immediately. I caught his fiance in the act of cheating and I'm keeping it from him...I'm as low as Erwin.

"Eren I can't thank you enough! Sorry to put you through all the trouble." He stood up and took the flash drive.

Oh you have no idea "...Y-you're welcome. Not a problem." I mumble and attempt to get out of there as fast as possible.

"Eren?" Levi calls just as I was about to escape.

I slowly turn around and fake a smile, "Yeah?"

"You okay? You seem like something is on your mind?" He asked with concerned eyes.

"N-no...yeah! I'm totally fine!" I say.Wow really convincing Eren!

Levi narrows his eyes but gets distracted and looks at his watch. "Shit, I gotta go thanks Eren I'll see ya later!" He says as he grabs papers off his desk and escorts me out. I'm so sorry Levi.

A few days after, the guilt of keeping this secret was tearing me apart. I couldn't eat or sleep. Hanji noticed and asked me what was going on but I told her I couldn't talk to her about it. Maybe Armin would know what to do.

I called him late that night, "Armin hey!"

"Hey, what's up?" He asked.

"Armin...I witnessed something.... something bad." I mumble.

"What did you see a murder or something? What is it?" He joked.

"This isn't funny Armin! I caught Erwin cheating!" I yelled in a whisper.

"What? Like talking to someone?"

"No, like... in the act. I walked in on him having sex with another guy! He made me swear not to tell Levi, he threatened me but I don't know what to do! Levi deserves to know!"

"Holy fuck. Eren you need to either convince Erwin to come clean or you need to tell Levi yourself, screw whatever he said to you. Levi needs to know about this."

"I just feel so guilty, I'm ruining their relationship."

"No you aren't, Erwin ruined their relationship the moment he got into bed with that guy."

He's right, I need to tell Levi.

The next day was Sunday. That means Levi didn't have work and Erwin should be gone all day. I will tell him today, he needs to know the truth.

Me: hey you busy rn?

I wait a few minutes before he responds.

Levi: not anymore what's up?

Me: we need to talk

Levi: ooooh sounds serious

Me: can I come over now?

Levi: sure

I walk over and let myself in. However, Levi wasn't in the living room or kitchen. Nor his office. "Levi?" I call.

"Bedroom!" I hear him answer.

Last time I entered this room, I walked in on the worst thing. I opened the door and once again couldn't believe my eyes.

There stood Levi, taking his shirt off, paused in the middle of doing so due to my sudden entrance. Everything was in full view, was wearing his pants as low as possible his style or something?! I thought he would pull it back down but instead, he tore it off anyway. I quickly cover my entire face with my hands. "I'm sorry!"

"Heh, you heard of knocking?" He chuckles and I hear his quiet footsteps get closer to me.

"I-I didn't know you w-were..." I stutter but stop as my wrists are grabbed. My hands are pulled from my face and I'm left vulnerable as my face heats up. I hate how he's like this! So freaking cocky! It's so not fair! He's confident, I'll give him that.

He releases his hold on me and barely takes a step back.

With a smirk, he says, "It's only fair you see something, from the fact that I've seen well..." His eyes then scan me up and down, "...all of you."

What?! When did he...oh...my...GOD! That night I was in the bathtub! Jesus all I remember was a towel around me but it makes sense he would have to. Wait while I think about that I never got dressed but I had clothes on when I woke up in bed.... did he dress me too?! And why am I just now realizing this?! 

"Calm down, smoke is gonna start coming out of your ears. I'll tell you this, whoever you get with is gonna be a lucky man...if you know what I mean." He watches me break down from embarrassment and chuckles at my reaction.

He finally walks away and I force my eyes to glance back at him. His back was to me which allowed me to notice something I haven't before. Now the thing he said in the bathroom made so much more sense now. He mentioned that the scars on his legs were only a little of what he had but I couldn't comprehend this.

Scars lined his skin, yet they were barely visible, to me they were prominent on his pale, muscular back. "L-Levi?"

"Hmm?" He hummed while rummaging through a drawer for a shirt.

"Y-your back....how did you get all those... scars?" I ask hesitantly.

Even though he was facing away from me I could tell by the way he hung his head, the origin of them was a painful memory.

"Heh, I didn't realize they were still visible." He said in a low tone. He turned around and crossed his arms, with a deep breath he started. "The place my old man sent me to wasn't the type of place your father had in mind. It wasn't some religious cleansing, they had more of an.... aggressive approach for conversion. Have a gay thought? Five whips with a belt. And that wasn't the worst punishment they had. Not by a long shot. I learned after quite a few beatings that if just going along with it could get me out of there, then so be it."

"I had no idea... I'm so sorry." I apologize.

"It's ok, can't change the past right?" He mumbled and finally grabbed a shirt from the drawer. "So, what did you really want to talk about?" He asked while putting the grey shirt on. We walked into the living room and sat on the couch. Ok here goes.

"Um, I... I want to say thanks for everything you've done for me!" Coward.

"Um you're welcome, but you don't have to thank me." He said humbly.

Come on Eren just say it.

"Actually, there's something I have to tell you. I've been keeping it from you but I can't anymore. I feel so guilty for not telling you sooner but I have to, despite the consequences." I ramble on.

Levi notices my seriousness and listens intently. "You can tell me anything."

"I know but... this is just...."

"Eren just tell me, what's wrong? Did something bad happen?" He asked getting concerned.

I nod, unable to speak.

"Well tell me so I can help."

"It's not about me!" I burst.

"Then what?" Levi asks.

I take a deep breath, "Erwin is... cheating on you. I'm sorry."

The sound of something hitting the floor catches our attention. We look over to see Erwin standing there with a look of horror on his face, his coat, and briefcase on the floor. His mouth hung open and his eyes were popping out of his sockets. He suddenly turned angry and I shot up as he stormed towards me. I quickly retreated but was trapped when my back hit the wall. I was honestly terrified of him at this moment. "Bastard! What did I tell you!" He shouted in my face.

Suddenly he was pulled away. Levi being at least half the size of him, shoved him away from me. He then asked in a shaky voice, "Is it true?"

Erwin stayed silent, "Tell me! Is! It! True!" Levi growled.

"......Yes." Erwin mumbled.

SLAP!!

I gasp as Levi slaps Erwin hard across the face. "You son of a bitch." Levi whispers, getting choked up.

"Levi let me explain-"

"No! You don't get to! Eren will tell me what happened." He said and turned to me.

"Um... when I came to get your flash drive I uhh...walked in on him with another guy. He made me swear not to tell you but I couldn't bear keeping that a secret, you deserved to know." I explain.

"That was 3 days ago!" Levi yelled. "In our bed Erwin?"

"Levi-" I begin.

"Thank you for telling me Eren but I think you should go now." Levi advised.

"I'm sorry!" Tears suddenly overflowed and I ran out of the apartment. As soon as I get back to my place, I run into Hanji.

"Woah! What's wrong sweetie?"

(Levi's P.O.V.)

When the door closed behind Eren everything inside me exploded. "How could you?!"

"Levi I'm sorry you found out like this, I was going to tell you I promise." He said calmly.

"When? Huh? After we got married?!" I ask in a rage. By now I was pacing and on the verge of crying.

"NO! O-of course not!" He defended.

"Then when?"

"I don't.....I DON'T KNOW!" He shouts as tears fall down his face.

"How long..." I deadpan.

He stares with guilty eyes and admits, "A little over a month."

"A MONTH!?" I yell.

"I met Nile at-"

"I DON'T NEED TO KNOW HIS FUCKING NAME!" I yelled. "Just...why?"

"Like you don't know." He scoffed.

"The hell is that supposed to mean?!" I snarled.

"I've seen the way you act around Eren."

"This again?" I say as tears fall down my face.

"You don't love me, not anymore." He says.

"You have the audacity to come in here and blame me for your unloyalty?!"

"You have feelings for him!"

"I don't!" ...Is that true?

"ADMIT IT!"

"NO!"

"FUCKING SAY IT LEVI! EVER SINCE YOU MET THAT BOY YOU'VE BEEN HEAD OVER HEALS FOR HIM! STOP LYING TO ME! DAMMIT STOP LYING TO YOURSELF!! YOU'RE FALLING FOR EREN!"

"OKAY MAYBE I AM!!"

What did I just say? Am I?

We stare at each other as we both let what I just said sink in.

"You can't even see it yourself. I couldn't deal with watching you fall for him in front of my eyes Levi. I was jealous and Nile gave me the attention I needed, that you didn't."

"Don't do this! Do not FUCKING do this Erwin! I am NOT to blame for this!!" Tears were falling down my face. "You were the one who got into bed with that guy! Not me!"

"Levi-"

"Get out." I walk over and open the door.

"Please, do-"

"I said get THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

Erwin held his head in shame and walked out and I slammed the door behind him. I slide down the door to the ground as I break down. I sob on the floor uncontrollably as my thoughts race.

I can't believe he'd do this to me. I've never felt so betrayed. Why. Why why why? Eren? I can't believe he'd blame this on him! On me! Erwin you bastard. You might be right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173 10 2
MODERN AU This is the story between a prankster and a multi-talented person who claims that he doesn't do 'attach'. This is the story where Eren Yaeg...
3.3K 201 32
"I don't know what I feel about you anymore, Armin..." "What do you mean, Eren?" "He loves me, Armin." "No, Jean. No, Armin. He loves me." Read to fi...
200K 7.8K 33
(Ereri AU Fan Fiction) Eren Jaeger has always been a constant third wheel amongst his friends, all in their relationship's and lovey dovey glory. E...
492K 16.3K 11
Levi goes to a party at Hanji's apartment and keeps receiving texts throughout the night. The others get suspicious and during truth or dare they da...