Chasing The Forbidden | ✔️

By anne_luvs

"My inspiration was her." Mackenzie couldn't help but get angry at the thought of spending the summer with he... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 | Lickable Abs
Chapter 2 | Dreadlocks n' Bad Bosses
Chapter 3 | Hot Headlocks
Chapter 4 | Virgin Eyes
Chapter 5 | Break-In Fangirl My Ass
Chapter 6 | Midnight Pool Rendezvous
Chapter 7 | He Ain't Your Punching Bag
Chapter 8 | In N' Out
Chapter 9 | "Like I'm Gonna Lose You"
Chapter 10| No Regrets
Chapter 11 | This Is Practically Illegal
Chapter 12 | Loyal Ass Friendships
Chapter 13 | Finally, A Good Use For The Blender
Chapter 14 | Walking On Eggshells
Chapter 15 | Perfect Isn't Enough
Chapter 16 | Life Is Hard Because Nobody Ever Said It Was Easy
Chapter 17 | Something Close To Happiness
Chapter 18 | Popcorn Got Nothin' On You
Chapter 19 | Serious Talks And Nutella
Chapter 21 | Surprise Bitches
Chapter 22 | Beach Date
Chapter 23 | Too Much Fun In The Sun
Chapter 24 | Morning Kisses
Chapter 25 | Bad News
Chapter 26 | Don't Judge Me
Chapter 27 | Silence
Chapter 28 | Confrontation
Chapter 29 | Back To The Beginning
Chapter 30 | The End For Now
Chasing the Forgotten

Chapter 20 | Breaking The Internet

6.7K 194 15
By anne_luvs

"Hello guys welcome back to Daily Dose it Entertainment, I'm Carey Bardow here with all the latest insider info—"

"Oh let's see if there is anything interesting." I mumbled, resting my head on Kenzie's chest as she watched a YouTube video that popped up in her feed.

"I saw you're name and wanted to see what nonsense they're making up now with the long titles."

I chuckled and clicked play.

"Late last night, talented singer and rapper Adrian Heath from DAMN leaked a snippet of what fans are quoting as his 'secret girlfriend'. He commented the lines 'Nothin better than my baby', along side a girl whose face was shielded from the public. Take a look for yourself—"

"I—Is that me?" She exclaimed, pointing at the paused screen that featured her side profile covered in hair.

I rubbed my neck sheepishly and shrugged, not thinking about how she would react if I posted it.

"Oh my god, this already has more than 5 million views!" Kenzie screamed, on the edge of freaking out.

"This means we're really official now huh." She questioned, calming down and pulling me into a hug.

"What? Were we not official before?" I asked, joking around with her.

"You know what I meant."

"Yea." I sighed, ruffling her hair.

"How bout we make our debut as a couple on our first ever real public date." I suggested, wanting to take her out officially.

"Alright! Sounds great!" She smiled, "I gotta finish up practice first though."

I laughed and followed her as she pulled herself off me and made her way to her room to grab her practice dri-fit tee and her spandex that shamelessly left little to the imagination.

"I'll drop you off and pick you up at?"

"2 PM." She replied, picking up her bag before I grabbed it away from her and handed her a hat.

"You know I can carry it?" She asked, poking at my side causing me to break a smile and flinch.

"Yea, but you're damn wrong if you think I won't be a gentleman to my favorite lady." I replied, causing her to go red in the cheeks.

"Slip the cap on, we'll likely pass the paparazzi on the way out of the back exit now that they have an idea."

She nodded and slipped on the velvet cap I handed her and slipped on her slides.

I quickly pulled her into a passionate kiss as I decided to go against what my mind was telling me.

"What was that for?" She commented, hitting my chest, "Go change! We'll be late! I'll go fill up my bottle and we can head out."

I nodded and watched as she made her way down the steps as I dropped her bag on my bed and quickly threw together and outfit that my stylist would hopefully not yell at me for later.

I went for a simple classic tee and some ripped black jeans with a pink Gucci hoodie, Balenciaga Speed Trainers, and an overly expensive Rolex.

It was rare that I went off in public without some sort of disguise but my sunglasses were in the car and I opted for no hat.

I wanted to show off my girl and be proud that she loved such a messed up man.

She was hardworking and independent.

Damn.

I made my way downstairs with Kenzie's bag and reached for her empty hand and grasping it in mind before leading her out the door to the bright yellow Lamborghini Aventador.

There was few but enough paps stalked outside the back entrance that was generally cleared, shuttering pics left and right while answering questioned.

I saw that Kenzie had ducked her head down and stepped inside as I opened and shut the door.

I popped the trunk and slipped her bag into the compartment before making my way to the driver's side.

"Who is the mystery lady Adrian?"

"Any comment on the out-of-the-blue snap yesterday night?"

"Where are you taking you're girlfriend Mr.Heath?"

"Adrian! How is the new album coming? Any tours?"

I quickly waved them away before attempting to clear the path of paps trying to snap a shot from inside the car.

"Sorry about that." I apologized, already mad at the paps for coming off strong.

What could I do?

They needed to make a living somehow.

"It's alright. I'll get used to it soon, I'm in it for the long run." She replied, grabbing onto my hand that was resting on her thigh.

"To the gym!" She chuckled, pointing onwards.

"By the way, you look funny all dressed up fancy."

•••

"They'll recognize you Adrian!" She semi-yelled, pushing me back into the car lightly.

"I can get it myself." She grinned, heading to the trunk before I beat her and handing the bag over.

"Have a good practice." I said, allowing her to give me a peck before leaving into the gym.

It was going to be a long day.

•••

Okay so now's the time for another explanation time!

For starters, as most of you know it accident prone and injured my hand a few days ago and it's still wrapped but I'm pushing through and writing for y'all!

School's creeping up on me in a couple of weeks and I'm already done with it. I have loads of summer work and about 8 more essays to do.

The next reason is that:

THERE IS A NEW BOOK!

Yup!

I'm dropping a new book soon and it's part of a series that I think y'all will love!

Here's a sneak peak!

Are you guys excited?!

Now despite the fact that this is late but like 45 minutes to be uploaded on the 24,  it's now a day late on the 25th.

*sigh*

You can't have everything I guess.

But on the bright side, we hit 7K+ reads!

In all honesty, I was ready to call it quits on the book before I realized I loved the characters too much.

QOTD: Are you excited for the new book? How was this chapter?

Please vote, comment, follow, and share!

Love you lots,

Anne

•••

Updated: 7•25•18

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 732 36
Cole and Allison have been in love for as long as either of them could remember. They had gone from sandbox partners, to high school sweethearts, and...
255 42 34
I always knew I had a thing for my brother's bestfriend the all too famous Damon Kingsley an effortlessly handsome specimen So you can expect that...
2.8K 136 50
I made this series of books when I like twelve/thirteen, so I'm just gonna leave this here... My first book hope you enjoy reader! A series of 2 book...
10.3M 358K 61
Caden Miller. Hot, cynical, and notoriously labelled the bad boy of Crestmont High. Attention-seekers flirt with him. Idiots fight with him. The ones...