Set Fire to my Atmosphere

By lethaldesire

It's been months since Rowan has started his hunt for his Fireheart, but the determination still as fresh as... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Bonus for 10k!

Chapter 11

1.7K 44 18
By lethaldesire

"Maeve most likely knows we're coming, Erawan probably does too," Manon said.

"Yes, so we attack from all sides, they have the disadvantage of the smaller field. Once the fighting is at the peak, you'll go and find Aelin," Aedion replied.

"Anyone with magic stays out of front lines for as long as possible until they feel they can't go on anymore," Rowan announced.

"You get the first shot," Aedion said to Rowan. The latter simply nodding his head.

The sun was beating down on them, but nothing could stop the sheer grit in Terrasen's army as they marched forward to the mountains.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rowan slid into the killing calm he often despised. He was going to get Aelin back, even if he died doing so.

"Thank you," Aedion said from next to Rowan. Both of them leading the armies towards the mountains. "For everything you've done for her. I'm-I'm glad she gave you the oath."

Rowan stared at his brother for a few seconds before hugging him.

"It's an honor," Rowan replied.

"Bring her back," He nodded.

The mountains were now close enough that Rowan could see the whites of the sentries eyes as they realized they were under attack.

Rowan slide out his arrow from his pack, sliding it into the bow. He quickly searched for his first target, his eyes landing on the blonde hair fae that was sprinting up down the mountain. He aimed, a death's wish on his lips, and he landed.

Right through the head.

"CHARGE!" Aedion bellowed as he pulled out the Sword of Ornyth and charged forward.

Dorian and Elide were in the back where Rowan was now flying too.

"When?" Dorian asked.

"Judging by the carnage right now, we should go in a few minutes," And until then, Rowan and Dorian shot out their magic from the back lines.

"How can I be of help?" Elide asked, standing behind a tree.

Elide was changed into clothes of a noble woman earlier by Lysandra, not knowing what for.

"You're to be a distraction, Dorian and I will pretend to be your bodyguards. You are there to visit Maeve," Rowan told her, grunting from the usage of his magic. Elide didn't have the guts to say she was scared, not when people were being slaughtered in front of her.

Too much he told himself, he needed to save his magic for Aelin.

The sun was almost at its peak, "Rowan, we need to go now." The yelling and screaming drowning out his voice, were it not for Rowan's fae senses, he wouldn't have heard.

Dorian grabbed Elide's arm as the three of them sprinted for the black mountains.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rowan had killed so many people, he lost count.

As the three of them sprinted inside, the Fae King was leaving a path of dead bodies, anyone charging from the back was strangled from the hands of Dorian's magic.

They neared a cellar and Rowan dove in.

"Change," He chucked a guards suit at him, one he swiftly took off a dead body.

Elide shut her eyes as the man and the male changed in front of her.

"Walk  like you own the place," Rowan ordered Elide before they walked back out into the hallway.

Dorian followed the two of them. Soldiers-Maeve's soldiers- stormed past not looking too long at the trio.

Elide straightened her dress, "How do we know where she is?"

"Ask someone."

Elide thought he was joking at first, but when he glared at her a moment too long, she stepped towards a guard in front of a room. "Excuse me, young man, do you know where the Queen is?"

"Who are you?" He asked.

"Lady Polina, I have a meeting with the Queen of the Fae, Maeve."

The guard glanced between her companions before saying, "Fae?"

Elide raised an eyebrow, "Yes?"

"Maeve is Queen of Valg."

Rowan almost stumbled backwards, Dorian tried his best not to let his mouth hang open.

Valg Valg, Queen of the Valg. How had he not known? Centuries with the queen and she hid a secret so big.

His rage  took over as he drew a dagger from his belt, "Where is she?" He held the dagger to his throat.

"Posers," The man said before Rowan slit his throat.

Elide was trembling as Rowan started sprinting up the stairs. Dorian took her hand and followed in pursuit.

"Who are you?!" Someone shouted from down the hallway, already charging at them.

"Gods, what do we do?" Elide whisper yelled.

"No mercy," He said before shoving Elide to the side, The King of Terrasen and the King of Adarlan now sheathing their swords and magic drawn out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Lady of Perranth had never run so fast, her foot throbbing in the high heels Lysandra gave her.

Rowan came to a halting stop as he smelled it. Smelled her. He almost let out a shuddering sob.

"This way," he said to his companions. The screaming was growing louder outside.

An iron door stood in front of Rowan, his hands shaking as he went for the lock.

"I can't let you go in there," Fenrys said from behind Rowan. He teleported in front of him, bringing down his sword on Rowans.

"Fight it, please," Rowan said as they clashed.

"I'm trying, Whitethorn. Knock me out or something," Fenrys panted. He knew he couldn't fare against Rowan but Maeve ordered him too, but dang, this guy knew every single one of his maneuvers.

But before Rowan could answer, a pair of invisible hands pinned the wolf against the wall.

Between pants Fenrys replied, "Thank you."

Dorian just nodded. The two of them pushed against the door, but it wouldn't move.

"A spell," Cairn drawled from behind him.

Rowan was sick of people showing up from the back.

"Well well look who came to save the princess," Cairn chuckled. Rowan snarled.

"You're going to die a very painful death," Rowan promised.

"So are you," Cairn took a step back from Rowan and Dorian who were standing guard of Elide, and the door.

"But not at my hands, perhaps at the mercy of your beloved," Cairn smirked. But Rowan lunged, not with steel, but with magic.

Before Dorian could blink Cairn was dead.

They paused for a moment before Elide said, "The door, we need to get it open."

"Only Maeve's will can get it open," Fenrys said from the wall.

Rowan whipped his head towards him, "Something else, there has to be another way."

For that door was all that stood between him and his Fireheart, he would not accept this being the obstacle that separated them.

"My blood, try my blood. I'm sworn to her, it may work," Fenrys quickly spitted out.

Before Rowan could think, he grabbed a dagger and Fenry's wrist, the blood hitting the floor as Rowan painted the door in red.

Rowan nodded at Dorian as they both backed up a few yards.

"Back away," Fenrys told Elide as the two charged at the door.

Dorian stumbled, but Rowan quickly found his balance.

"Aelin!" He yelled, eyes searching through the dark room for her. "Aelin!" He yelled.

Dorian placed his hand on Rowan's shoulder as he searched for a torch.

But the room was already being illuminated. Rowan slowly turned around.

"Looking for something?" Maeve crooned.

But it was Dorian who whispered in denial as Aelin walked out of the shadows, unshackled.

With a collar on her neck.

Rowan fell to his knees.

Author's note - This was my favorite chapter to write !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 395 12
A year after Aelin awakes to find her home covered in kingsflame, she and the co have finally met up again all together in Terrasen. However, when a...
37.3K 1.5K 48
[SEQUEL TO CURSEBREAKER AND FIREHEART] The gods have returned, and they are out for blood. With the Queen of Terrasen missing in action, Feyre A...
20K 1.3K 20
❛ this is the story of a girl, named elina. and it starts, with the sun. ❜ feysand x fem!reader ...
161K 2.5K 17
When the wyrdmarks get out of control, Aelin and her court are sucked into a mysterious world, Prythian...