College Students

By rosexquartsz

First day of college. Darcy Winters is a new student, she's quiet, quirky, lovable but not what people expect... More

❥ Chapter 1.
❥ Chapter 2.
❥ Chapter 3.
❥ Chapter 4.
❥ Chapter 5.
❥ Chapter 6.
❥ Chapter 7.
❥ Chapter 8.
❥ Chapter 9.
❥ Chapter 10.
❥ Chapter 11.
❥ Chapter 12.
❥ Chapter 13.
❥ Chapter 14.
❥ Chapter 15.
❥ Chapter 16.
❥ Chapter 17.
❥ Chapter 18.
❥ Chapter 19.
❥ Chapter 20.
❥ Chapter 21.
❥ Chapter 22.
❥ Chapter 23.
❥ Chapter 24.
❥ Chaper 25.
❥ Chaper 26.
❥ Chapter 27.
❥ Chapter 28.
❥ Chapter 29.
❥ Chapter 30.
❥ Chapter 31.
❥ Chapter 32.
❥ Chapter 33.
❥ Chapter 34.
❥ Chapter 35.
❥ Chapter 37.
❥ Chapter 38.
❥ Chapter 39.
❥ Chapter 40.
❥ Chapter 41.
❥ Chapter 42.
❥ Chapter 43.
❥ Chapter 44.
❥ Chapter 45.
❥ Chapter 46.
❥ Chapter 47.
❥ Chapter 48.
❥ Chapter 49.
❥ Chapter 50.
❥ Chapter 51.
❥ Chapter 52.
❥ Chapter 53.
❥ Chapter 54.
❥ Chapter 55.
❥ Chapter 56.
❥ Chapter 57.
❥ Chapter 58
Update.

❥ Chapter 36.

11.5K 319 61
By rosexquartsz

hi guys! thank you for 11k+ reads, i know i say this every time but it's really incredible, this means soooo much to me.

I open my eyes to Romeo looming down at me. "Hi baby" I smile and stroke his ears, "Hi" I hear Issac mumble sleepily behind me and I giggle.

"I was talking to the dog" I tickle Ro's belly, I hear Issac whine. "Where's my love and attention?" He kisses the back of my shoulder before he stretch's, sitting up.

I tut and shake my head, "Would you like me to scratch you behind the ear?" I smile up at him, a laugh tempting on my lips.

"I don't think I'd enjoy it as much as Romeo does" He smiles down at him, tickling Ro's belly as well.

"I should probably go home" I sit up rubbing my eyes, it's cloudy today.

"Stay for breakfast, I've to go meet Nathan but mom will cook you something" He smiles, at the mention of Nathan's name my mind whizzes back to Ellie. I hope she's okay.

I'm about to open my mouth to say something but he cuts me short, "Don't worry my mom will make you something, she loves to cook" He gives me a knowing look, he knows I was about to object with not wanting to put her out.

"Where are you going with Nathan?" I ask getting to my feet, he does the same.

"He asked me to help him with his art project, he needs to take some pictures" He shrugs.

"Are you his model?" I giggle. I scoop Romeo up in my hands.

He smiles with a look of embarrassment, "Yes" He mumbles, I awh at his adorableness.

"That's so cute. I'm quite jealous" I walk over to him with a goofy grin.

He shows me a toothy smile bending down to kiss me before leaving the glass room which we'd spent the night in. It wasn't cold outside, just a gently breeze.

We get into the nice warm house and I let Romeo down on the training pads, that Issac had kindly put down for him. No one but me Issac and Sam were in the house.

"Morning mom" Issac smiles entering the kitchen, it smells incredible in here. "Morning my lovelies" She chirps at us.

"It smells amazing in here" I breath in the scent, "Thank you, I'm making bread" She points to the oven behind me.

I take a seat on the stool by the breakfast table and Samantha offers me a full English, which I gladly take up with my mouth water, "I'll see you later" Issac hugs his mom goodbye when he's finished from upstairs and kisses me on the head, before vanishing out the door.

"He's always talking about you, I'm glad he finally asked the question" Samantha sighs with a warm smile.

"It's been a bit complicated" I shrug, embarrassed. I don't want Sam to think I've been stringing her son along. "He told me that it's been hard for you, he hasn't shared your personally problems, just told me you're going through a hard time" She gives me a sad smile.

"Yeah, I didn't want to rush things with Issac, I wanted him to know what he was getting into" I nod, "My problems are mental not physical" I share. I don't normally open up this quickly to people but Sam is just a warm person it's so easy to talk to her about anything.

"Oh flower" She frowns at me stopping what she's doing and comes to hug me, "My Andrew suffered terrible mental health problems" She holds me in her arms for a few moments, before pulling away looking down at me, stroking my hair.

"Are you getting help?" She tucks my freshly cut locks behind my ear. "Yes, Issac persuaded me to get help. I was adamant I wasn't, that no one could help me but he never give up trying which I'm grateful for, in the end I did and I'm currently seeing a councillor" I shyly smile up at her. Louise does encourage to be open about my mental health.

"Good. I'm glad" She smiles going back to cooking, "He's very stubborn my son is, but when we lost Andrew he was truly broken, he'd be broken all over again if the same thing happened to you" She frowns.

"What was he like?" I ask leaning my elbows on the surface, "He was funny, really funny" Sam stops in memory, "He had dimples the size of Jupiter and he was so clever, he wanted to be a pilot" She smiles. I remember Issac telling me this, "To see the stars" I mumble with a small smile.

"I wish he'd have told us, I wish he'd been more open so we could of got him help but instead he turned to drugs" She sounds emotional.

"I try not to think about that part, I focus on him and his spirit, his memory and the way he used to light up a room and I feel okay. I miss him my heart aches for him everyday but I feel okay when I think of him" When everything has been put in to cook she leans on the surface opposite me, with a small smile to match mine.

"Issac will help you, through anything. He understands" She nods, I nod along with her because he does, he understands me. "He told me you tried to take your own life and my heart broke but not as much as his, there was so much fear in his eyes and I was so relived when he told me you were okay" She catches my eye.

"I didn't know what you'd suffered with to want to do that, nor did I ask as it wasn't my business not until you were comfortable enough to tell me and I'm glad you have, you can talk to me about anything Darcy okay? I just want you to know that and know I'm thankful for you opening up to me" She takes my hand and kisses the back of it.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it" I smile and hug her feeling emotional myself. I love my mom, I really do but I wish I could open up to her more like I did with Sam. I can talk to my mom but it's not as natural as it in right now with Sam.

Me and Sam eat breakfast which tastes divine and talk about the next coming London fashion week. Sam loves fashion and wanted to become a designer. I asked her why she didn't pursue it and she told me that she met John and they fell in love, she told me she was going to start her career as a designer but she fell pregnant with Issac. She carried on designing things whilst she was carrying him but no one really took interest because she was pregnant so her and John got married and then she found a love for food and cooking and a few years ago published her own cooking book.

"That's so cool!" I chirp finishing my breakfast. "I love to cook" I nod.

"Come over one of the days and we'll make something!" She smiles excitedly.

"We could make a cake for my brother, he's moving out today but we could make him a house warming cake" I speak my thoughts out loud.

"That's a great idea, you're always round here so next time you pop over we'll whip him up a cake" She glows all excited as she washes up my plate.

"Thank you for breakfast, it was really good" I smile getting off the chair after we've discussed what cake we're going to make. I think it is a good idea, I want Ezra to know that I'm happy for him, I'll miss him and I'm still hurt he didn't tell me sooner but I'm happy for him regardless, and I want his girlfriend Karen to know that as well since I've failed to make a good impression.

"No, thank you, I get rather lonely in this house when everyone is out so the company was nice" She comes over and gives me a cuddle, before I disappear with Romeo to gather my stuff.

I pack my clothes into my overnight bag and everything else that I've brought with me and Sam offers to drive me home. The drive was a comfortable silence with the occasional sing along to the spice girls at full blast, before I said goodbye to her and climbed out the car, Romeo in hand.

Everyone seemed to be at home from whose car I could see on the drive, I feel quite excited walking in with a panting Romeo.

"Ah, she returns" My mother smiles as I enter the kitchen shyly.

"Sorry guys, I know I should of come home yesterday I was just having so much fun" I frown but everyone just cracks a smile at me, "Darling we don't mind at all" My mother walks over to me, "As long as you were enjoying yourself" She kisses my forehead.

I smile, "And whose this handsome boy" She tickles behind Romeos ear, he baths in her attention.

"I hope it's okay having a dog" I say nervously putting him on the floor, Joseph, Lucy, Ezra and dad are standing before me.

"Didn't Issac tell you that he called by before he got him?" My mom frowns her eyebrows, "He did?" I look at her shocked, he never mentioned he'd been here.

"I heard he gave you a few birthday gifts" Joseph makes kissy noises winking at me, "Where do you hear that?!" I ask my eyebrows risen.

"Well at first it was almost a guess but then I saw pictures of you two canoodling in last nights pictures and well, put two and two together" He smirks playfully.

I open my mouth to say something but Karen walks in, "Omg!" She kneels down to stroke Romeo, "What a gorgeous boy" She smiles down at him.

"Don't get any ideas" Ezra warns but she laughs it off, stroking Romeo's belly which he's rolled over to show.

"You do make a cute couple" Mom grins making me blush, "You just let him know that if he hurts my little princess, they'll be consequences" My dad warns, leaning his back on the sink.

"Dad!" I become shy with embarrassment, "Let's open some presents!" Mom says excitedly and rushes to the living room.

I follow her along with the rest and sit on the sofa, there's a pile of presents in front of me. I smile feeling like the luckiest girl and take one in my hands.

I open it to see some dog toys and a bed, "Romeo look, mommy got you some things" I dig in excitedly and show him the toys.

"Issac came round and discussed getting you a dog with us, all of us actually so we decided to buy you some bits and bobs for him" My mother smiles. I beam, everyone is so thoughtful.

The next present is from Joseph who got me books I've had my eye on. I smile running my fingertips over the hardback covers, "Oh my god thank you! I've been wanting to read these" I smile reading the back of the books after giving him a hug.

Ezra got me some new pencils, paints and a new sketch pad, "I heard everyone was getting you dog related things and I wanted to as well but I was a bit different with my idea, I thought you could draw Romeo" He explains his presents with a look of proudness over himself.

"Thank you, it's really thoughtful" I hug him tightly. My next present was from mom and dad, they'd made me a homemade scrapbook.

"This is so beautiful, it must of taken ages" I gently flick through the little designs and crafts on each page getting excited to take pictures to put in it, "The amount of frustration and arguments me and your father had with each other was endless but it was worth it" My mum rolls her eyes playfully, "You can put all your new memories in it so if you're ever feeling down you can just look at the pictures" My mom smiles, how thoughtful, I beam.

I open more presents, even ones from Lucy and Karen which I wasn't expecting as I've never made the effort to talk to them like I should have. I feel ever so bad but they both squeeze me into a hug telling me they understand.

I open a few more presents, clothes, a new handbag and some other things.

"Now we have a big surprise" My mom jumps to her feet, not being able to contain herself all of a sudden, "Another surprise?" I say shocked, I've been spoilt.

"Okay so, this includes everyone" Mom hands me an envelope. I give her a confused look but open it to see plane and hotel bookings.

"What are these-?" My sentence gets cut short, "We're going on a family holiday!" Mom explodes with excitement.

"It's to Mallorca, when you were a little girl we always used to go there, every year so we thought we'd take you back" My mom nods.

"Everyone is are going, all of us, you can bring Issac if you want. Your father, Cindy and Adelaide are coming to!"

what did you think? let me know (:

vote if you like!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 191 46
"Short, be my girlfriend." What?! Me? Become his girlfriend?! Are you kidding?! I'm just an ordinary girl with a simple and a little life, while this...
320K 10.4K 71
He never thought he'd get this interested in a girl who just moved into his house. Kennedy Kinsey, a bubbly and talkative girl, moves to New York to...
17 0 4
Kennedy isn't one for the dramatics. She's only trying to survive a world that squashes what she calls love. In her advances in life she feels as if...
8.5M 152K 63
𝐇𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐫𝐞𝐜...