Taking cover

By Battle_Penguin54

"I'm telling you! She died in a fire 7 years ago!" I boomed and raised my hands up in the air. He was sitting... More

CHAPTER 1: Missing
CHAPTER 2: My Life
CHAPTER 3: Unexpected Stranger
CHAPTER 4: The boss
CHAPTER 5: Mission
CHAPTER 6: Control
CHAPTER 7: Late
CHAPTER 8: False Information
CHAPTER 9: Close one
CHAPTER 10: A worthy Opponent
CHAPTER 11: Task
CHAPTER 12: Lock n' load
CHAPTER 13: The Plan
CHAPTER 14: A completely Normal Stakeout
CHAPTER 15: Hospital
CHAPTER 16: Screw Up
CHAPTER 17: Search
CHAPTER 18: Wounded
CHAPTER 19: Is this even qualified as an interrogation?
CHAPTER 20: Be Nice
CHAPTER 21: I'm here to help
CHAPTER 22: Thinking
CHAPTER 23: Suspicious
CHAPTER 24: Taking Action
CHAPTER 25: The Lab
CHAPTER 26: Apprehending the Traitor
CHAPTER 27: Bad Day
CHAPTER 28: Memory loss
CHAPTER 29: Quarters
CHAPTER 30: Are you sure its just a dream?
CHAPTER 31: Behind You
CHAPTER 32: Surprise!
CHAPTER 33: Freedom
CHAPTER 34: 6 Days
CHAPTER 35: DAY ONE
CHAPTER 36: Cut Short
CHAPTER 37: Back home?
CHAPTER 38: The Plan
CHAPTER 39: Just Acting
CHAPTER 40: Rescue
Chapter 41: Your Soul
CHAPTER 42: Do you Rememeber?
CHAPTER 43: The Greatest Friends!
CHAPTER 44: Nothing
CHAPTER 45: Forwards
CHAPTER 46: "Check Up"
CHAPTER 47: Number eight
CHAPTER 48: Frisk's Condition
CHAPTER 49: His Weakness
CHAPTER 50: The Riddle
CHAPTER 51: An awkward morning
CHAPTER 52: Her lastname
CHAPTER 53: New Clothes
CHAPTER 54: Expensive doors
CHAPTER 55: The Machine
CHAPTER 56: A creature lurking
CHAPTER 57: Still with me
CHAPTER 58: Frisk
CHAPTER 59: She ran
CHAPTER 60: The Voicemail
CHAPTER 61: Hate
CHAPTER 62: Frisk? Or 'Frisk'?
CHAPTER 63: The Liar
CHAPTER 65: Confusion
CHAPTER 66: It always has been
CHAPTER 67: Rest, then Work
CHAPTER 68: Friends
CHAPTER 69: Sans' Fear
CHAPTER 70: To protect
CHAPTER 71: He hates it
CHAPTER 72: Where's Papyrus?
CHAPTER 73: Scared
CHAPTER 74: Orange Maple Syrup
CHAPTER 75: This Title is LIT
CHAPTER 76: Right here
CHAPTER 77: Title number 77
CHAPTER 78: Are you guys even reading these?
CHAPTER 79: this isnt the end
CHAPTER 80: The first fall
CHAPTER 81: He won't get better
CHAPTER 82: Her only desire
CHAPTER 83: Can you seperate reality from imagination?
CHAPTER 84: DICE
CHAPTER 85: Lets talk.. not really
CHAPTER 86: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
CHAPTER 87: the last time
CHAPTER 88: Its not their fault
CHAPTER 89: Gone
CHAPTER 90: Gullible
CHAPTER 91: And so would you
CHAPTER 92: Chara is there
CHAPTER 93: Hostage situation
CHAPTER 94: Frisk
CHAPTER 95: A Tained Soul
CHAPTER 96: Losing her
CHAPTER 97: Love
CHAPTER 98: Together!
CHAPTER 99: Off the Radar
CHAPTER 100: Taking Cover

CHAPTER 64: Complicated

1.6K 72 228
By Battle_Penguin54

First of all. Look at my shirt.
I did not draw it, sadly. I bought it like this.

And apparently I'm a loaf now.
——

Sans POV:

Walking back towards the room Alphys and Frisk were in, the last few words that Chara had spoken to me haunted my memory.

"But you've already played your part, Sans. Her's has yet to come." Her mechanical laughter was forever remembered by my nonexistent ears.
It's like my brain hit save the minute she let out that laugh. She knew something I didn't, and to be honest, that scared me.

What could she mean? What part have I already played? Was I falling right into her calculated plan?
If I was, then locking her up was a good thing. Right?

She can't escape there. Not in Maximum security. We would have put Frisk in there, but the prisoners in there only get one meal a day. And Frisk needed medical attention for the most part.

For some odd reason, Asgore wanted to take extra special care of her. Is that just a coincidence that their last names are the same? Or maybe they are closer than I thought?
And if their last names are in fact connected, then why was she working with C. H. E. S. S.?

Reaching the door, the distant murmurs from Alphys' and Frisk's conversation could be heard in the hallway. I left the door cracked when I left so I knew they'd stay put.

"T-The first one w-was so much better! T-They messed up t-the whole plot on the s-second movie!" Alphys' voice cracked with frustration.

"Is that so?" Frisk's numb voice responded. It was almost painful to listen to.

"I-I know!" Y-you should totally w-watch it with m-me sometime- t-the first one at l-least." Alphys said in the room, getting excited. "Y-you'd TOTALLY l-like it!"

There was a moment when Alphys started rambling on, but it eventually died out and a pause from the conversation as a whole. I figured they weren't talking about anything interesting. Frisk eventually spoke in the numb voice she used earlier, except with a slight bit of confusion."but I remember watching it wi-"

"Heya toots, Al." I said, walking into the room like I hadn't stood there for a few moments. I try not to eavesdrop, but sometimes it's inventible. Both of their heads swung to look at me swiftly, and all of the lingering conversation ceased. "Let's finish what we started here before." I turned to Frisk, walking over to her. "Is your shoulder alright?"

It's going to get infected if we don't do something about this bullet soon. Why didn't Alphys take care of this while I was gone?

"It's fine." She looked to her left to avoid looking into my eye sockets. As she did that, she brought her hand up towards the still clothed up arm, where the blood was still belong soaked through.

Is she trying to hide the pain?

"We might need to get that stitched up." I said to Alphys' general direction. She quickly nodded and went across the room, getting some supplies for the wound in her shoulder.

"I-I would h-have treated her, b-but I wasn't s-sure what y-you wanted me t-to do." Alphys stuttered from across the room, picking up the book that she wrote in earlier.

"Will you be willing to tell me what's going on?" I looked back at Frisk after not responding to Alphys.

"I don't know what you're-" she began to say, but I knew this lie all too well. She was too emotionally shook to come up with a decent lie at the moment. The numbness in her voice could hurt any soul.

"Stop that." I said, shaking my head. "Tell me the truth. What was Chara talking about?" I pushed further. I needed answers, but I didn't know how to get them.

If I can just get a crack of an answer I'll be satisfied for now. But if it arises more questions, I'll really have to meet with Asgore soon.

"I- uh.." her voice died out, quieting down when Alphys came back with her arms full of the proper medical tools needed to tend to her shoulder.
I could sense her unease about the topic with Alphys here, so I didn't pry for now. I definitely would get an answer sometime today though.

"Here." I sighed, untying the ripped cloth from around her arm. She kept her face straight-a poker face- and her arms down and tucked in her lap, but I knew it hurt by the hitching of her breath when the pressure was released off of the wound.

"I-I didn't know y-you we're educated o-on medical s-surgery!" Alphys exclames from behind me. "W-why haven't you helped m-me before?" She mumbled, waddling away from me to let me work.

Despite it all, I didn't take my eyes off of Frisk's shoulder and responded to her, "I have some experience."

My breath was calm and my hands were steady as I worked on her shoulder, requesting the tools from Alphys by name. "Scissors" I said, reaching to my side and holding out my hand. A heavy, metal object was placed in my skeletal hand, and I pinched Frisk's tight button shirt, cutting a hole in it. I then proceeded to cut off the sleeve so I was able to work on the wound.

To my surprise, there was no bullet. That was still in Chara's arm, but the mark from a bullet hit was there, fresh and everything. It didn't make sense.

If they are really bound like this, then Chara's shoulder should be fixed after I fix Frisk's, right? What happens if Chara gets hurt again? Does Frisk get hurt again?

"Needle." I blatantly said, holding out my hand once more.

Alphys then handed me the sterilized needle, and I pressed around Frisks' shoulder to find the right spot, injecting the numbing solution around it.
I could hear Frisk's sudden intake of breath when the needle broke the sensitive skin. "It's okay. It'll only hurt for a second." I reassured her.

I put the needle down and waited a moment for it to kick in, getting the thread ready and hooking it up to the sewing needle. I held it up to the light to check it and turned to Frisk once more. "Just don't look at it. I'll tell you when I'm done." I said, seeing the nervousness in her eyes.

Quickly puncturing the skin, I proceeded to seal up the deep wound, pressing the skin together and seeing it shut so the tissue could heal properly without a major cause of infection.
It took a few quiet moments, but since the wound seas tiny, it didn't take as long as I thought it would. I finally tugged on the final string and tied it off, cutting the excess string off of the longer piece. I ran a finger down the stitched-up wound lightly, making sure the strings were in place.

"Done." I said, backing up slightly, shaking my head a bit. She looked toward her now-stitched up shoulder and relaxed a bit.

She looks confused. I wonder if she'll ask me it or keep it to herself.

"Why did you do it?" She asked, looking away from her shoulder. Her eyes still held their golden hue, they were almost captivating to look into. I had to look down slightly to break the gaze. "I thought Alphys was in charge of the medical stuff here."

"I shot your evil twin and I felt bad." I said, jokingly, but in all honesty, I did feel rather guilty. I was the cause of her injury, it was only fair that I cleaned it up.
Because she was an ally now, not an enemy.

"Seems fair." She responded, shrugging in the process.

I didn't look her in the eyes again after that. Something didn't settle with me about the pure color her eyes held at that moment. She looked sad, distant, even.

"Can I ask you another question?" She said, still sitting on the bed as Alphys watched intently. She was still holding her book of the notes she took on Chara.

"Shoot- not literally." I said, grinning. I didn't look at her, I just kept cleaning, or making myself look busy so I didn't have to meet her eyes.

She paused for a second, Taking in a slight breath. "Where...-I mean- I'm kinda hungry. Could we grab something to eat?" She stumbled over her words slightly, mumbling and looking around the place.

Her hands were firmly placed in her lap, and I let out a sigh. The lies just keep coming, huh?

She seems very indecisive. She can't decide to ask me something or tell me something. She's hiding something and I know it. I'll get it out of her tonight, at least a crack.

"Yeah kiddo, we'll stop by Grillbys on the way to the apartment." I said, turning to Alphys. "Actually, I think we'll go now." I said, checking my phone and noticing that the time had gotten relatively late.

Alphys just nodded and began to put things away as Frisk followed me out of the door quietly.
The door shut and we walked alone down the hallway. Frisk mumbles quietly behind me.
"Sans." She said, continuing her sentence. "Your favorite color is blue." She said softly. My pace slowed and she continued once more. "Just like that old hoodie you still have from your house in Snowdin."

I stopped fully, turning around slowly. She continued even more, her tears brimming with tears.

"I- I don't understand." Her voice cracked. "Why do I remember this? Why do I have all of these memories?" She looked at feet. "Sans.. help me. I can't- I don't- I don't understand."

——

I'm a complicated person T^T

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 694 23
It wasn't your fault you were in this situation. It just happened at random chance, now you were stuck in a loop. A endless repetitive loop of death...
2.3K 65 26
Was this truly the last RESET? Sans wondered. But he knew only Frisk would tell, only this young girl would decide his future. He hated the thought o...
30.1K 745 23
(Maybe he loved me when he took me by the hand, and tried to understand. ) "Don't leave me! Don't be the seventh maid in the row!" He tried to unders...
44.7K 1.3K 40
As a little kid Y/N was drawn to hip hop and was always looking for someone to challenge.So she resulted to DANCE battles!She had become popular for...