Deduced | Mericcup

By kungfukick

After Merida got her Master of Science degree in biochemistry, she insisted on finding herself a nice home aw... More

Acknowledgements
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 19

234 22 10
By kungfukick

The cold air pricked Merida's skin, but she cannot slow down. If she did, she might lose Hiccup. He dashed towards a street, turning to left, then right until they reached their first hospital.

It looks new. Nothing looks weird. Merida panted as they halt to a stop. Hiccup's breathing was fast, but if he's tired, he showed no signs of it.

"Do you think they're here?" Merida asked between her breaths.

"We'll see." Hiccup answered.

Hiccup walked inside followed by Merida. The hospital was busy. Nothing looked suspicious. Patients that are waiting to be called sat on the seats provided for them. Nurses went in and out of doors, holding clipboard and papers.

Nothing looked suspicious. But Hiccup went straight to a door. Merida followed, but Hiccup stopped her.

"Check the other rooms. If you see something suspicious, scream." Hiccup said.

"Are you serious?" Merida asked, surprised. "Can't I just text your or something?"

"I'd prefer you scream so it'll alert everyone." Hiccup said before he lightly  pushed Merida to the door.

Merida groaned. She took one last look at the door before she walked over to another. There were small windows attached on the door which made it easier for her to look. If there were extra doors inside, she would check it out and leave if nothing was suspicious.

Nurses and patients pass by her, but they didn't care. Maybe they thought she was just visiting. She went over to another door, then another, then another, then another, until she realized that nothing weird was going on in there. She took her phone and texted Hiccup.

Nothing suspicious. Let's leave.

Merida sent the text before shoving it back to her pocket. She walked back outside and met Hiccup. His hands were on his pockets and his face looked bored as ever.

"What's up?" Merida asked as they walked to the next hospital.

"This is really boring." Hiccup said. "There are no clues! What kind of a mystery is this? It's like a riddle. I hate riddles."

"Maybe you've deduced the letters wrong." Merida said.

Hiccup groaned in frustration, but preceded to check his phone for the letters. "I've deduced it correctly. I'm sure of it. The murderer texted me a poem, it must be because we're on the right track."

"There are like twenty hospitals here, Hiccup. It's either you deduced the letters wrong or we really should look at those twenty hospitals." Merida said.

"Then you better keep your mouth shut and let's look at every hospitals." Hiccup said. "We have to split. You've got your gun?"

Merida patted her coat to feel the heavy gun on her pocket. She nodded at Hiccup. Hiccup took his phone and waved it in front of Merida.

"We'll be splitting and our connection is our phone. Call me when you see something weird, okay?" Hiccup instructed.

"And call me when you see something weird. I have a feeling that you'll deduce the case and I'll end up searching in every hospital without even knowing that you've cracked the case." Merida said, her arms crossed on her chest.

Hiccup smiled. "That can happen."

"Aw c'mon!" Merida exclaimed. "You dragged me here-"

Hiccup stopped Merida by placing a finger on her lips. The contact made Merida shiver. She took a breath before swatting his finger off her lips.

"Be quiet and start looking." Hiccup said and he walked away.

Merida groaned and started muttering curses as she walked to another direction.

***
The breeze caught on Hiccup's skin. It ruffled his hair, but he didn't mind. He was starting to feel the cold, but he stopped minding because he knew that Merida was out their somewhere taking in the warmth of his comfy scarf.

His hands were placed on his pockets. He had walked in four hospitals already and all he found was nothing. Nurses, doctors and patients kept their mundane life. Nothing weird or unusual. Nothing eerie.

As he walked towards another hospital, he kept thinking of what the ice man had said to him when he cracked the case of the teens that were killed by an ice knife. Someone was supplying his art supplies. There is a high chance that it was the same man that's been toying with them now.

Hiccup groaned when he realised that maybe, the killer was only toying with them so that he can kill freely. But that probably wouldn't satisfy the killer. Based on what he had written on the paper and on the wall, it was possible that he was playing a game. A game that requires a life of many.

After minutes of walking, he finally arrived on his fifth hospital. Just like the other hospitals, nothing was suspicious. Hiccup was starting to get frustrated. That was until his phone rang. It was Merida.

He quickly answered the phone with excitement. "Hello? What did you find?"

"I found nothing." Merida said on the other line.

Hiccup sighed, running a hand across his face out of frustration.

"It's getting dark, Hiccup." Merida said. "My legs are tired. Should we find a place to stay and continue this tomorrow?"

Hiccup looked around. Indeed the sun was starting to set. He let out a groan.

"Okay. Meet me at the first hospital that we've been?" Hiccup asked.

"Yes, sure." Merida said. "See you."

The call dropped and Hiccup began walking to their first hospital. He was groaning while walking since he was starting to figure out that they are wasting their time.

"Damn." He whispered.

When he reached the hospital, Merida wasn't there yet so Hiccup decided to sit on a bench and wait. He fiddled with the loose thread from his coat as he kept thinking on what he was missing.

He took his phone and went scrolling through the photos to check the codes again. He nodded because he knew that he was right. He then went to his messaged and reread the poem. He even tried to scroll it further because maybe he did not get to read the whole poem. But nothing happened.

As he waited, he realised that the sun was already down. He decided to call Merida, but it wasn't reaching her. Hiccup straightened. He tried again. But it was just beeping and wouldn't ring. His pulse raced. He looked at the time. It's been an hour and a half since he got there. Merida is not that type of person that would walk or would close her phone.

Hiccup stood and paced, thinking about where his partner was. He was getting worried. He kept dialling her number, but there was no answer.

"Stupid phone." He said before shoving his phone back to his pocket.

He was contemplating between looking for her pr just wait for her. He decided to wait. Maybe she got stuck on a traffic.

Hiccup sat back on the bench, calming his nerves. He waited, and waited, and waited, until he couldn't hold it any longer. He stood, but then noticed a girl running towards him. Her fiery red hair was tied in a large bun. Hiccup's scarf was flying behind the young lady.

When she stopped in front of him, Hiccup cleared his throat.

"What happened to you?" Hiccup asked.

"My battery is dead and I must've dropped my wallet somewhere while I was walking around." Merida panted. "Sorry it took so long."

Hiccup sighed and whispered, "I'm glad you're safe."

Merida looked up. "What?"

"I said get up and we'll search for a place to eat before we search for a place to rest." Hiccup said.

"I passed by a restaurant earlier. Maybe we should eat there." Merida said and Hiccup nodded.

This time, Hiccup decided to call a cab and Merida gave the name of the restaurant to the cab driver. They rode silently until they reached their destination.

——————————————-
Author's Note: YO GUYS!!!!!! I'm totally back! Belated Happy New Year to ya'll!!! I'm sorry that I've been on hiatus for quite a while. I just finished rereading my book so I can remember where I was going with it.

Here's an update!!! I hope you guys like it.

kungfukick

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.4K 1.6K 66
Just my Fanfiction about Hiccstrid. This is a modern Fanfiction if you guys don't know. Here in this book, I will compile my ideas obout Hiccstrid. P...
46.5K 1.3K 19
When their worlds collide, when they have to work together, when they learn each other's past, will they get along? Or will they be the reason the wh...
10.4K 493 13
Merida is an unusual princess. Hiccup is an unusual soldier. When they meet, it seems like their dreams have come true. But there's just one problem...
59.2K 1.8K 18
"The boy with the Dragon and the girl with the Bow." ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ Getting curious, eh? This will be a Me...