Soulmate AU Reader Inserts

By DaisyErina

I've started a soulmate series and decided to let people suggest characters like I did with the Fandom x Read... More

List
Garth Fitzgerald IV - Bruises
Peter Pan - Emerald Green
Fili - Man of My Dreams
Jake Fitzgerald - Stab My Back
Bucky Barnes - Nicknames
Sam Winchester - Coincidence
Sweet Pea - Dangerous
Liv Moore - Under the Stars
Fangs Fogarty - Colors
Update~

Steve Rogers - Common Names

2.2K 60 6
By DaisyErina

Steve Rogers – Common Names

Soulmate AU: Everyone is born with their soulmate's name tattooed on their body.

A/N: I for whatever reason didn't save the name of the person who requested Steve for this prompt so I'm sorry I couldn't tag or notify you! I hope you like it anyway!

Steven. How the hell were you supposed to find your soulmate when he had a name like Steven? You didn't have enough fingers to count the number of Stevens you'd met in your life, but you knew it hadn't been any of them. None of them had a (y/n) tattoo anywhere on their bodies. Now you had to find another Steven and hope that he had your name hidden away somewhere.

You buttoned the top button of your flannel, wanting to hide the tattoo that stretched elegantly across your heart. You weren't normally such a modest dresser, but as you grew older and filled out, guys on the street would use the tattoo to flirt with you, and it creeped you out.

"Steven's a lucky guy."

"Wish my name was Steven, sweetheart."

"I could pretend to be Steven if you like."

"Honey, you can call me whatever you want."

You were tired of it, so you covered the mark of your soulmate as you finished dressing for your day out with your friend. You pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and sneakers and made sure that your hair was brushed before grabbing your phone and keys and heading out the door. Your best friend had texted that she wanted to meet up and hang out at the park, and you happily agreed.

Upon arriving at the nearby park, you discovered that your friend had brought along her tall dark stallion of a soulmate. Bucky, you recalled his name being. You were happy for them, but the sight of them sitting together, sneaking kisses and playfully shoving one another, tugged at your heartstrings.

(F/n) heard your footsteps and turned, a grin splitting her lips. "(Y/n)!"

You returned with a half-hearted smile. "Hey."

Bucky offered you a nod and a small wave. "Hey, (y/n)."

You nodded back. "Bucky."

(F/n) rose from her seat to wrap you in a hug. "I hope you don't mind that Bucky tagged along. He actually brought a friend for you!"

You raised a skeptical brow. "What's the point of a blind date when our soulmates are predetermined for us?"

"His name is Steven," (F/n) replied, waggling her eyebrows. "Maybe he's the one!"

Your response was a roll of your eyes. "Do you know how many people I've met named Steven? I highly doubt this one is 'the one'."

"We'll find out," she giggled, turning back to Bucky. Standing beside him was a tall, muscular blond, and you had to admit that he was attractive. Catching sight of you, he offered his hand and a soft smile.

"It's nice to meet you. My name is Steve."

You accepted it, gazing into his baby blues. "(Y/n)."

His eyes widened. "(Y/n)?"

You nodded softly, quickly glancing at your friend. The grin on her lips was blinding as she cuddled Bucky's chest.

Steve lifted a hand to the collar of his t-shirt, pulling it down to reveal the skin over his heart. Decorating his chest in simple script was a tattoo of your name, and a gasp fell from your lips. You unbuttoned your flannel and revealed your own tattoo, his name sitting simply over your heart. Steve grinned, taking your hands in his.

"Do you want to go on a date with me?" he inquired, baby blues glancing at his friend who stood to the side. "Just the two of us?"

You nodded slowly. "Yeah, I would."

He took your hand and laced your fingers, leading you away from Bucky and (F/n). You offered them a half-hearted wave as you followed the blond through town, wondering where he was taking you.

You ended up standing outside of your favorite diner, and you looked up at him with a raised brow.

He chuckled softly. "I know it's kind of old fashioned but this is my favorite place in town."

A grin split your lips. "Mine too."

He smiled, opening the door and holding it for you. You slipped between him and the door and stepped inside, waiting for Steve to follow. Once inside, the host led you to a booth by the window and offered you each a drink.

"Iced tea," you told him with a soft smile.

"Water," Steve followed.

The host nodded and sauntered away.

You looked at the blond sitting across from you. "I have to admit, I didn't think you were the one."

He raised a brow. "Did you not want me to be?"

You shook your head. "I've always wanted to find my soulmate. It felt like everyone found theirs except for me. And no offense, but you have a very common name. Do you have any idea how many Stevens I tried to date only for them to be jerks and not my soulmate?"

He smiled softly, taking your hand. "I'm sorry you had to endure that. You've found me, and if you let me, I'd love to make up for all of your previous attempts."

You nodded. "That sounds nice."

The host returned with your drinks. "Are you two ready to order?"

"The lady first," Steve smiled.

You ordered your favorite meal, already prepared since you had visited the diner so many times.

"And for you?" the host inquired of Steve.

"Bacon cheeseburger with fries," he replied. The host nodded, scribbling down your orders on his notepad before plucking up your menus and sauntering away once more.

You spent the afternoon talking about anything and everything. You learned about his childhood with Bucky and his time in the army. He learned about your college courses and what you wanted to do with your life.

Nearly two hours later, Steve paid the bill and escorted you outside. The sun was beginning to set and a breeze blew through the air, causing you to shiver. Steve noticed and shrugged off his coat, draping it over your shoulders.

"I suppose I should get you home," he mused. "It's not polite to keep a lady out so late."

You giggled softly. "You're really a gentleman, aren't you?"

He nodded. "I try." He led you to his car and opened the passenger door, waiting for you to slide in. He carefully closed it, ensuring that your limbs were safely inside before he entered the driver's seat and started the car.

Once at your apartment, Steve insisted on opening the car door and walking you up the steps to your front door. As much as he wanted to continue the night, he was old fashioned, and the date had to end with taking you home.

"I had a great time," you told him with a smile. "I'm really glad I met you."

He lifted a hand to rest it on your cheek. "Me too. Can I take you out again?"

You nodded eagerly. "Definitely."

He pulled his phone from his pocket and created a new contact before handing the device to you. You typed in your name and number before passing it back.

Stuffing the phone back into his pocket, he leaned in and pressed a tender kiss to your cheek.

Feeling confident, you chewed your lower lip. "You missed."

The faintest of blushes dusted his cheeks as he gazed at you. "Oh, I did, huh?"

You nodded, resting your hands on his chest. He leaned down, dipping his head and resting his hands on your waist. Closing his eyes, he brushed his lips against yours. You sighed softly and melted into the kiss, closing your eyes and standing on your toes to press closer.

He pulled back reluctantly, pressing one final kiss to your cheek. "Goodnight, (y/n)."

"Goodnight, Steve," you smiled. You watched him return to his car before you turned and entered your apartment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.1K 1K 23
oneshots that don't exactly fit with my other oneshot books but i wanted to write them
21.7K 594 22
Soulmates are everywhere. In your history class, in your mythology class, in your health class, and any other place that you can think of. In the mid...
5.6K 110 25
Supernatural One Shots of all kind. That's all folks xD
769K 21.5K 155
~Harry Potter ~The Avengers ~Supernatural ~Percy Jackson ~Divergent (possibly) ~The Mortal Instruments ~The Infernal Devices ~Sherlock ~The Outsiders...