Steve Rogers - Common Names

Steve Rogers – Common Names

Soulmate AU: Everyone is born with their soulmate's name tattooed on their body.

A/N: I for whatever reason didn't save the name of the person who requested Steve for this prompt so I'm sorry I couldn't tag or notify you! I hope you like it anyway!

Steven. How the hell were you supposed to find your soulmate when he had a name like Steven? You didn't have enough fingers to count the number of Stevens you'd met in your life, but you knew it hadn't been any of them. None of them had a (y/n) tattoo anywhere on their bodies. Now you had to find another Steven and hope that he had your name hidden away somewhere.

You buttoned the top button of your flannel, wanting to hide the tattoo that stretched elegantly across your heart. You weren't normally such a modest dresser, but as you grew older and filled out, guys on the street would use the tattoo to flirt with you, and it creeped you out.

"Steven's a lucky guy."

"Wish my name was Steven, sweetheart."

"I could pretend to be Steven if you like."

"Honey, you can call me whatever you want."

You were tired of it, so you covered the mark of your soulmate as you finished dressing for your day out with your friend. You pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and sneakers and made sure that your hair was brushed before grabbing your phone and keys and heading out the door. Your best friend had texted that she wanted to meet up and hang out at the park, and you happily agreed.

Upon arriving at the nearby park, you discovered that your friend had brought along her tall dark stallion of a soulmate. Bucky, you recalled his name being. You were happy for them, but the sight of them sitting together, sneaking kisses and playfully shoving one another, tugged at your heartstrings.

(F/n) heard your footsteps and turned, a grin splitting her lips. "(Y/n)!"

You returned with a half-hearted smile. "Hey."

Bucky offered you a nod and a small wave. "Hey, (y/n)."

You nodded back. "Bucky."

(F/n) rose from her seat to wrap you in a hug. "I hope you don't mind that Bucky tagged along. He actually brought a friend for you!"

You raised a skeptical brow. "What's the point of a blind date when our soulmates are predetermined for us?"

"His name is Steven," (F/n) replied, waggling her eyebrows. "Maybe he's the one!"

Your response was a roll of your eyes. "Do you know how many people I've met named Steven? I highly doubt this one is 'the one'."

"We'll find out," she giggled, turning back to Bucky. Standing beside him was a tall, muscular blond, and you had to admit that he was attractive. Catching sight of you, he offered his hand and a soft smile.

"It's nice to meet you. My name is Steve."

You accepted it, gazing into his baby blues. "(Y/n)."

His eyes widened. "(Y/n)?"

You nodded softly, quickly glancing at your friend. The grin on her lips was blinding as she cuddled Bucky's chest.

Steve lifted a hand to the collar of his t-shirt, pulling it down to reveal the skin over his heart. Decorating his chest in simple script was a tattoo of your name, and a gasp fell from your lips. You unbuttoned your flannel and revealed your own tattoo, his name sitting simply over your heart. Steve grinned, taking your hands in his.