Liv Moore - Under the Stars

Liv Moore – Under the Stars

Soulmate AU: When you meet eyes with your soulmate for the first time, their name appears on your skin.

"And this is the morgue," Ravi stated as he sauntered down the steps into the room full of chemicals and corpses. "This is where the magic happens."

"Magic," you repeated with a chuckle. "Sure, big brother."

Being Ravi's younger sister, you'd always been intrigued by his job and had wanted to visit him. But he was busy, and you didn't want to be in the way. His assistant, who you'd yet to meet, finally convinced him to let you in, and if you couldn't handle watching bodies get cut open then you shouldn't have come to visit him at work. It wouldn't be his fault.

You grimaced at the body currently lying on the work bench. The poor guy didn't have much of a face left after being beaten to death with a bat. Shrugging, you wandered over to the desk and sat on the stool, watching your brother slip on his coat and gloves and wait for his assistant to arrive.

Within moments, a pale beauty with platinum hair descended the stairs, pulling her lab coat on over her sweater and skin-tight black jeans. You most definitely weren't watching the curve of her ass or the swing of her hips as she sauntered over to the work bench.

"You finally let her visit?" she teased Ravi, who rolled his eyes.

"Liv, my sister (y/n). (y/n), my assistant Liv Moore."

The blonde turned to you with a smile, offering her hand. You took in yours, marveling at how smooth it was considering her line of work. "Pleased to meet you."

"The pleasure is mine," you managed barely above a whisper, losing yourself in her ocean blue eyes.

Ravi raised a brow as he watched the exchange, gauging the expression on your face with a groan. He may not have been around for all of your relationships, but he knew you well enough to know the signs of you being attracted to someone. And the grin that split your lips and the way you hung onto every word that fell from Liv's mouth told him that you were most definitely infatuated.

It was eventually time for you to head to your own job, so you reluctantly bid Liv and Ravi goodbye and headed out of the morgue. Once you were gone, Ravi turned to Liv with a glare.

"What?" she asked innocently. "I was just being nice."

"You were flirting," he stated. "I know how you flirt, and I know how she flirts. You cannot date my sister!"

"You dated my roommate," she reminded, and Ravi frowned.

"Fine. But be nice and don't tell me any intimate details."

Rolling her eyes, Liv pulled on a pair of rubber gloves and plucked up the bone saw.

On your way home from work that afternoon, you happened to glance down at your wrist. It had been covered all day by your sleeve, but now that your sleeves had been rolled up and your skin was exposed, you noticed a mark that hadn't been there before. Upon closer inspection, you realized that a word had been tattooed into your skin. A name.

Olivia.

"Olivia..." you murmured to yourself. "Liv. It has to be Liv."

Ravi shrugged out of his lab coat and hung it on the hook beside Liv's as his blonde companion shut off the lights to the morgue. They both picked up their belongings and prepared to head home when Ravi happened to catch a glimpse of Liv's right forearm.