Peter Pan - Emerald Green

Emerald Green – Peter Pan

For nerdgamerotaku3

Soulmate AU: You can only see black and white and your soulmate's eye color until you meet.

You trudged through the jungle of Neverland, grumbling to yourself and cursing yourself for getting lost. Being colorblind in a dark forest wasn't a very safe situation for you. You could see the trees and bushes surrounding you, because their leaves were green which meant that your soulmate, whoever he or she may be, had green eyes. But you couldn't see the dirt or twigs or figures lurking in the shadows. You couldn't even really see the shadows.

You heard rustling in the bushes and tensed up, looking around. It was most likely one of the Lost Boys, and living on Neverland meant they knew how to hide from strangers. You gripped the sword currently held in your dominant hand and looked around quickly, searching for any signs of where the lurking Lost Boy might be.

"Who are you?" a hidden voice called out. You assumed it was whoever created the rustling sound you'd heard.

You debated how to respond. Should you tell this potentially dangerous stranger your real name, or think of a vague alias?

"Who are you?" he asked again.

"(y/n)," you replied simply. "Who are you?"

He emerged from the bushes and stood before you. "Rufio. Neverland's best hunter. What are you doing here?"

"I got stranded," you replied, wondering what Rufio would look like in color. "I was kidnapped by pirates and they decided I fought back too much and threw me overboard. I landed here in the jungle."

He seemed to accept that answer. "Pan will want to see you. It's rare that girls come to the island."

You narrowed your eyes. "I don't have a say in this, do I?"

He chuckled. "No."

He took your arm and led you through the jungle. You were glad to find yourself in an open area with a fire and noticeably fewer trees, though you were now surrounded by a dozen Lost Boys and one who you presumed was their leader.

"This is the stranger lurking through my forest?" the taller, green-clad boy stated. You looked up and locked eyes, and something flashed. Suddenly color flooded the entire area around you. The fire was vivid orange and yellow, the ground was several shades of brown, and the boy standing before you had lightly tanned skin and sandy brown hair.

Your jaw dropped as you stared at him. "You must be Pan."

He nodded, his own eyes widening as he looked at you. The world was now in color for him as well, as he took in your (s/t) skin and (h/c) locks, tangled from the wind.

"Pan?" a taller boy said cautiously, looking to their leader. "What is it?"

Everyone looked between you and Pan, brows furrowed in confusion. They could all see black and white; none of them had experienced what you were going through right now.

"We need to talk," Pan decided, offering you his hand. You took it immediately, your sword dropping to the ground. He led you away from the boys, towards a different part of the island where a bunch of huts were set up. You followed him through the biggest one, which you assumed was his.

"I never thought..." he trailed off, unsure of what to say.

"I didn't either," you replied. "The world has been black and white for so long... Well, black, white, and green. But I met several people with green eyes and still the world lacked color. I was starting to think my soulmate would never find me."

He nodded, sitting on his bed. He patted the space beside him, and you sat there.

"I rarely leave Neverland. It's been me and the boys for years," he explained, blowing out a breath. "Obviously, none of them could have been my soulmate. But I didn't think a girl would ever find her way onto the island. Girls never want to leave home to live in a forest full of dirty boys. I didn't think I'd ever get to meet my One."

You looked up at him. "I suppose it's a good thing I got kidnapped, then."

He lifted a hand and set it on your cheek. You closed your eyes and leaned into his touch.

"Open your eyes," he asked softly.

You obliged, your (e/c) orbs peering into his emeralds as he rested his forehead on yours.

"Those are the eyes that have haunted my dreams for years," he breathed. "Nothing I saw ever matched that color exactly, but every night when I tried to sleep, I would see those exact eyes staring at me, and a voice calling out to me."

"I've looked for your eyes, too," you admitted. "Nothing was the same. Nothing matched. But I could see them perfectly in my dreams."

He closed his eyes and leaned in, his lips ghosting over yours. Your eyes fluttered closed as you closed the gap, pressing your lips to his. You could feel him smirk as his hand slid into your hair, wrapping it around his fingers, keeping a steady grip. Your hands rested on his chest, fisting in his velvety shirt. He fell back onto the bed with you hovering above him, never breaking the kiss. You snaked a hand into his sandy locks, toying with the strands at the back of his neck, raking your nails across the skin there. He growled softly into your mouth and held you close, his other arm wrapping around your waist.

"I hope you realize that now that I have you, I'm never letting you go," he murmured, tilting his head to kiss your neck. "You can't leave Neverland."

"I have no intention of leaving," you breathed in response, tilting your head up to give him more access. "I've looked for you for too long. I never want to be away."

He nodded before returning his lips to yours. He rolled you both onto your sides and you draped an arm around his torso. You pulled back for a breath and looked up at him, finding him smiling down at you. You snuggled into his chest, nestling your head in his neck. His head rested on yours and his fingers gently combed through your hair. You fell asleep in his arms, safe and warm.