Fangs Fogarty - Colors

Fangs Fogarty – Colors

Soulmate AU: You can only see black and white and your soulmate's eye color until you kiss for the first time.

Everything is grey.

Every object, every location, every person around you was grey. Several shades of grey melding together like an old-fashioned movie from before Technicolor came to be.

The vegetables laid out on the cutting board in front of you were grey, as was the knife you were using to dice them. You had to rely on your sense of smell to tell one ingredient from another as you pulled object from the fridge to cook dinner for yourself and your friends.

You had invited your fellow Serpents and their significant others to your family's lake house on an island that was only accessible by ferry. Sweet Pea, Fangs, Jughead, Betty, Toni, and Cheryl had joined you, and you appointed yourself the cook of the crew.

The familiar sound of the opening credits of a horror movie sounded from the living room and you smiled to yourself. They must have let Jughead pick the film, and he must have found your stash.

"(Y/n)!" Toni called from the living room. You raised your head to glance at the doorway as the small girl sauntered in holding an empty plate.

"Those cookies were amazing!" she squealed.

You exhaled a laugh. "I can tell."

"The boys are hungry," she mused with a smirk. "I'm sure Fangs appreciates your cooking."

"I'm sure they all do," you countered, ignoring her pointed meaning. You threw the colorless vegetables into a pot on the stove, sautéing them in butter before mixing in flour.

"What are you cooking?" she inquired, sneaking up beside you to inhale the scent of vegetables and seasoning.

"Gumbo," you replied. "It's one of my specialties."

"Yum!"

She left you to your cooking, returning to her girlfriend who was waiting in the living room. A soft sigh fell from your lips. It felt like everyone had their soulmate but you. You were beyond happy for Jughead and Betty, and Toni and Cheryl. Even Sweet Pea and Fangs had girlfriends who had gone on a bestie vacation instead of tagging along to your lake house.

You were the only single left.

When the gumbo was done and the rice was cooked, you called everyone in to plate up their food. Everyone returned to the living room to eat while the movie played in the background.

"What's it like?" you asked suddenly. Everyone turned to you with raised brows.

You glanced around at all of your friends. "Finding your soulmate. Finally seeing colors. What's it like?"

"It's unbelievable," Toni whispered.

"Life-changing," Betty followed.

"Shopping is a lot more fun," Cheryl smirked.

"So are movies," Jughead added.

"You finally feel complete," Sweet Pea stated. "Like you're a whole person."

You turned to Fangs. "What about you?"

He looked down at his lap. "I don't know if I've found my soulmate."