Bucky Barnes - Nicknames

Nicknames - Bucky Barnes

Requested by makennawalkerstanley

Soulmate AU: You're born with your soulmate's name tattooed over your heart.

(Y/n/n) = your nick name.

(E/c) eyes gazed back into your own as you peered into the reflection in your full-length mirror. In preparation for your rendezvous at Stark Tower, you had adorned a pair of leggings and were trying to pick out a dress to match. As your gaze traveled down your reflection, a sigh fell from your lips. Your eyes fell upon the elegant script that was tattooed above your heart - the name of your soulmate.

James.

It wasn't a very odd name. Rather common, actually. You'd dated enough men named James, Jim, and Jimmy to know that. Your frustration  was increasing as you grew older and appeared to be no closer to finding the right James.

With a huff, you plucked a dress off a hanger in your closet and slipped it on. Adding your favorite boots and  leather jacket, you ran a hand through your hair and headed out of your apartment.

Once at the Tower, you sauntered into the elevator and interacted with JARVIS.

"I'm (Y/n/n)," you told the AI. "Lounge room, please."

"Of course, Miss (l/n)."

Within moments, the elevator came to a stop, and the doors slid open. You took a breath before stepping out, looking around the hall. You heard chatter coming from the left, so you turned on your heel and shuffled down the marbled floor.

"(Y/n/n)!"

You lifted your head and a grin split your lips. "Tony!"

The billionaire met you halfway as you began running towards him. His arms wrapped around your waist as he lifted you up and twirled you around.

"It's been too long!" you squealed as he set you back down. With a nod, he led you into the lounge room where the rest of his team was sitting.

"Everyone, this is (y/n/n)," Tony introduced. "We grew up together, but I haven't seen her since she went to California for (major) college courses. I made her promise to visit me as soon as she graduated."

You waved at the lot. "Hey."

"Natasha," a redhead greeted, offering a wave.

"Clint," said a short-haired brunet sitting beside the redhead.

On his other side sat a brunette whose hair had red hues at the ends. "Wanda."

A tall, muscular blond stepped forward, offering his hand. "Steve Rogers. Tony's told us a lot about you."

Your gaze drifted to the side and slightly behind him. There stood a tall, dark, and very handsome man whose eyes were darting between you, Steve, and the floor.