Alive [Lirry]

By lilacdreams-

❝Don't look back, live your life. Even it's only for tonight.❞ Harry Styles -- famous model and troublemaker... More

Disclaimer
The Opposites series.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
stay strong, guys ❤ (imp, pls read)
24.
25.
26.
27.

07.

14.3K 592 210
By lilacdreams-

(unedited)

Harry Styles tightened the knot of the black and white bandana holding back his hair, smiling at his reflection in satisfaction. Rolling up the sleeves of his cover up red flannel shirt, he assessed himself in the mirror, deeming his outfit acceptable for a pool party.

Harry was looking forward to this party, because this was going to be one of the very few chances he'll get to be on his own without a bodyguard.

Now, don't get him wrong. Harry loved having Liam around, loved teasing him and loved having a challenge around. Because Liam was a challenge. And Harry was going to make Liam not hate him eventually... or maybe even more.

Sometimes, Harry didn't like the fact that Jackie had hired Liam as his permanent personal bodyguard when Harry is to attend public events. But then again, Harry himself had given Liam's reference to Jackie, because Liam had needed a client and ASAP.

But today, Liam had gotten a day off and Harry was both surprised and glad that Jackie was trusting Harry enough. And the whole reason why he had needed a personal bodyguard in the first place was because Harry almost always tended to get himself in... sticky situations.

And now when Harry was tumblr-famous, his protection was even more necessary.

But not today, because this was a VIP access party. Harry was elated when he'd found out that he'd conveniently be in London at the time of one of his best friends Nick Grimshaw's legendary bi-annual pool party. So he had ringed Nick up the moment he landed, and was now on his way to said party.

Checking the time on his wrist watch, Harry smiled. It was almost 8 PM, just a few hours had elasped after their flight jad landed.

As his phone pinged, Harry skimmed Nick's next, who was waiting for him downstairs. Pocketing his phone and wallet, he checked his reflection one last time as he exited his hotel room.

Padding down the corridor, Harry decided to pester Liam one more time before he left. As so, Harry changed his course and made his way down the hall, taking a left and minutes later, he was standing in front of Liam's hotel room.

Smirking, he knocked on the door, but recieved no answer. After hanging around for a few more minutes, Harry shrugged, thinking Liam must have left. Oh well. He was getting late for the party.

•••

On another street in London, Liam rung the doorbell of a three storey house. He pulled his overcoat tighter as a gust of chilly wind blew.

About a minute later, the door opened to reveal a smiling brunette who raised an eyebrow at Liam.

"Uh, does Zayn Malik live here? Am I in the right place?" Liam trailed off unsurely. It wasn't like Zayn to give someone a faux address to mess them up.

The brunette smiled wider. "No, this is the right place. He's upstairs. I think he just got in," the said, opening the door wider for Liam who stepped behind him.

"Thanks..."

"Dylan."

Liam smiled. "Thanks Dylan. So, uh, do you and Zayn share the house?" Liam asked, looking around. Because Zayn had always lived with apartments before, never alone. He was a people person, believe it or not.

Liam, Zayn and a few other assassins of the agency they worked for in the past shared a house, and after that, Zayn had shared an apartment with his boyfriend Louis Tomlinson for a few months, who lived in New York.

And now, Zayn had moved away from NYC about six months ago, and resided here in London because of his teaching job at the University of Arts.

"Zayn lives upstairs while this here is my space. And then above Zayn's floor is another mate of mine. Saves money," Dylan grinned, and Liam nodded in agreement. Bidding Dylan a friendly goodbye, Liam traipsed up the narrow stairs.

He had informed Zayn he'd come visit in a few days, but hadn't exactly told him when.

Gently rapping on the door, Liam stood and waited on the second last step. A few clattering sounds later, came a muffled and grouchy "Who the fuck is it?!"

Liam snickered loudly, already wanting to hug his best friend. "Seconds later, a scowling and dishevelled Zayn opened the door, and as he saw his visitor, Zayn's scowl morphed into a huge smile.

Liam assessed Zayn's appearance, raising an eyebrow. "I'm guessing you just came back from work. 'Cos you look like the sexy professor who had a quickie with one of his students in the closet."

Zayn shrugged with a smirk, untying his already loosened tie with one hand and combing the other through his hair. "Well Payne. You know me. I don't kiss and tell," he remarked, opening the door wider for Liam to enter.

Liam wrinkled his nose as soon as he stepped foot in the messy and cluttered apartment which screamed lazy bachelor.

"Don't make that face! I just cleaned up!" Zayn huffed, while Liam just shook his head in amusement.

"Clearl you need Louis around for more than just making out," Liam observed with a tut, as Zayn reached over and smacked him.

"Oi!" Liam rubbed him arm, which of course didn't hurt.

"Oh, and damn did I miss you buddy!" Zayn full on grinned, engulfing Liam in a bro hug. Liam patted his back as they pulled apart.

"Missed you too mate. How's the job going?" Liam asked as he plopped down on the piece of sofa not covered in dorty laundry.

"Great!" Zayn piped up enthusiastically as he unsuccessfully tried to search for something in his pigsty of a living room. "I have the best students ever, and you know, kicking ass and teaching others to kick ass, a dream job for me," Zayn grinned lazily and Liam chuckled in agreement.

"How about you, Mr. Bodyguard?" Zayn prompted, as he dug around his fridge and produced to cans of coke, tossing one to Liam who expertly caught it.

"Me?" Liam grimaced. "It's of course a thousand times better than being an assassin of course, but still that cocky model is getting on my nerves!" Liam growled, agrily ripping open the latch of the can, taking a swig.

"How so?" Zayn asked in amusement, perching on the armrest of the sofa.

"He's just so frustrating! Always trying to make me uncomfortable by making passes at me, and no matter how much I try to be professional, he's still being pervy and annoying!"

Liam glanced at Zayn when he didn't respond with a crude remark, and Zayn was absent mindedly tapping on his can, a small smile ghosting over his lips.

"Uh, Zayn?"

"Oh, yeah! You know, you situation just reminds me of Louis and I. But it was kinda the other way around. I always bugged him because it was funny seeing him getting so riled up. But then, I sorta... fell in love with his little quirks and come on how can you not? He's so adorably perfect," Zayn sighed blissfully, and Liam shook his head with a smile at his whipped friend.

"Man, you're whipped."

"Shut up!" Zayn scowled. "And about your situation, the old school theory applies here. Harry teases you because he likes you."

Liam rolled his eyes. "Nope."

"And it's a matter of time before you fall for him as well!" Zayn sing songed.

"Nope. No way in hell!" Liam seethed.

Zayn raised a finger. "Those were my exact words Liam. And now look what Louis had done to me," Zayn tutted, but that same loving smile was on his lips.

"Yeah, okay. You fell for your client. That doesn't mean I will too!" Liam huffed. Though he was starting to doubt his own words now. "I'm not even gay!"

Zayn tutted. "Trust me mate. Been there, said that."

Zayn sighed, laying a hand on Liam's shoulder. "Look mate. Don't stress over this. If you're worried about not being proffessional, fuck it. Harry doesn't care about that either. Just let what happens, happen. That's my advice. Trust me," Zayn said honestly and Liam sighed as well. He was worried about the proffesional thing only.

"And you're worried if you'll fall for him," Zayn tacked along, and Liam glared at him. "Don't evil eye me, I can tell. And here I'll say the same  Fuck it, let it happen. Now, you up for some pizza and football?"

With a shrug, Liam dropped the subject. He shouldn't worry about this. Harry knows his responsibility. He's just toyinf with Liam. And he shouldn't let Harry get to his head. Just concentrate on his job, no matter what Zayn says. Sure, Zayn had let his heart won, but... Liam's heart wasn't there. It was in his work... right?

Liam snapped out of his thoughts as Zayn put the game on. "Okay so I ordered pizza, there's the game, just like old times," Zayn grinned, raising his fist, the boys sharing a bro fist.

"Yeah," Liam laughed. "Just the victim target files on the coffee table are missing," he joked, referring to their time as assassins when both boys were partners and lived together.

Zayn agreed with a laugh, as they both got into the game.

About an hour or so later, as their pizza was halfway gone, Liam's cellphone chirped. Zayn muted the telly as Liam pulled it out, frowning at the caller ID.

"Everything okay Jackie?"

"No! Did you see the social media lately?" she asked, her voice just struggling to remain calm.

"I haven't, why?" Liam said, worried.

"Because Harry got himself in a fight at the party. A messy one! People are going crazy about it! Liam, I need you to pick Harry up from there, as soon as you can!"

Before Jackie had even finished speaking, Liam was on his feet. Hastily explaining to Zayn it was an emergency, he fled out of the house, and mounted his bike, all the time cursing at and worring about Harry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 1K 22
[COMPLETED] "Here's to the ones that we got Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not 'Cause the drinks bring back all the memories Of everyth...
209K 7K 28
Picture perfect Lirry AU Liam James Payne is a photographer, and a good one. He runs a successful magazine and loads of big companies ask him to come...
3.2K 279 27
Life will never be easy. Nobody have a perfect life. People either have no money or no happiness. You can't see people who have both. Even if they ar...
74.1K 521 30
Lacey's life is a disaster. Her dad is abusive, and her mom left when Lacey was two. Now, she is taking care of Elena, her little sister. While takin...