Every Broken Piece Of You

By Jo03Jo

Vicky was just getting back on her feet from starting over. Then enter Luke Hemmings, the rockstar that cause... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

Fifty-Four

71 4 0
By Jo03Jo

Vicky's Pov

We get downstairs and the house is buzzing with people and conversation is flowing. Jamie promised not to leave my side, but I knew that wouldn't be possible since it's his friends and family and this is his parent's party. I smile as he introduces me to more members of his family.

When we have a moment alone after meeting his cousin I whisper, "I'm not sure if I'll remember everyone's names."

"Don't worry about it, they aren't that important anyway," I laugh feeling the champagne coursing through my veins.

Then he leans in and places his hand on the small of my back as he leads me outside. I'm thankful that Jamie always knows when I need space and air. We walk over to the tent in the backyard that is lucky not that filled. The inside is lined with beautiful fairy lights and a deep red, black and silver theme.

The tent seems to be nestled in their backyard that feels like you're stepping into a fantasy world. It's while I admire the opulence that I then run into his mother and sister.

"Victoria, you look gorgeous!" Emily squeals and I blush.

"Thank you, but look at you, you look beautiful Emily, but I think Grace is doing a good job of outshining us. I love your dress." I tell Grace who is wearing a white top with a black band on her teal floor length skirt, her hair is up and her makeup looks light, while Emily is wearing a wine red midi dress that teases her calves with a black and red heel and matching makeup.

While we're standing there Nathan joins us, "Look at you ladies steal the show, how about a picture?" I look up at Jamie who is about to deny his brother the pleasure, but I stop him.

"That's a good idea, I'd like a copy of these pictures." We take turns taking the photos, Emily refuses for me to leave her side while the photos are taken. Throughout the night photos are taken by friends and family and the photographer, Jamie was banned from taking any photos, but that didn't stop him.

When we sat down to enjoy dinner, the atmosphere was relaxing. I ended up seated between Daniel and Jamie and it's an enjoyable evening. Jamie had to dance with Grace while Daniel had offered to dance with me in his place. Daniel was a man of few words throughout the night and when we danced I was surprised by the conversation.

"I haven't met any of Jamie's girlfriends and I always asked him why that was and you know what he would say to me?" I shook my head, too afraid to speak, "He always said that there wasn't anyone worth bringing home. Ems and I were both very surprised when he told us that he was bringing you over and now I understand why he waited."

I nod my head once again as I feel the heat take over me. This time my voice was stolen by the lump in my throat and the sting in my eyes, rendered speechless by the short sentence.

"Cheer up doll, this only means that we like you." He laughed and it was rich in sound, so full of confidence. I smiled and at that moment the song had ended and we stopped moving. Nathan had appeared at our side and asked if he could dance, so he's father passed me onto him and he went in search of his wife.

Nathan and I had danced for two songs before Jamie took his place, "You doing okay?" he whispered into my hair.

"Yeah I'm okay, your family is truly amazing Jamie. I'm just overwhelmed by how welcoming they are." I smile and he nods as he stops dancing, glaring at the 3rd cousin that wanted to dance.

"I'm going to tell them at the end of the evening, I don't want to see you suffer anymore." Jamie declared and a small wave of panic washed over me.

"Don't, not now. They are so happy, I don't want to ruin it for them. Maybe in the week?" I offer and Jamie doesn't look sure but after some convincing, he agrees.

The rest of the night flies by and as the guests start to leave, Nathan, Grace and I sit at one of the empty tables talking about life and relationships.

"Man, Jamie is lucky he got you. I want to know why you're with him, I mean, you could have me instead." I laughed at Nathan as the evening wears down but the liquor is buzzing in my veins making me feel giddy.

"What about you Grace? Why wasn't your boyfriend here?" It was almost as if she wasn't thinking when she spoke.

"I didn't invite him because Jamie brought you." The air went frigid and I wracked my brain, trying to understand what that means.

"I'm sure my being here wouldn't mean you couldn't bring your boyfriend."

She shrugs, "I'll see him tomorrow." Just then her phone goes off and her eyes widen as she reads the text, without another word she gets up and runs into the house. I look at Nathan who shrugs as we sit there in silence.

Emily comes over after the last guests have left and she wishes us a good night. Jamie had come to get me as I feel the toll of the day take over and my body slowly shut down.

When we get to the room, Jamie starts to lay blankets out on the floor after I had put on my pyjamas. He had put on some long sleep pants with a plain white t-shirt that showed off every plain of his muscles. I was about to lay down on the makeshift bed when Jamie had set me down on his bed and was about to lie down on the floor.

"Jamie, don't be silly, we're grown. I'm sure we can sleep next to each other. I pat the space next to me and I struggled to keep one eye open. When Jamie had joined me, I snuggled closer and with my head on his shoulder, I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I'm woken up by Jamie's alarm going off. I feel rested and slightly buzzed, this is a new kind of hangover for me. I get up and climbed over Jamie to go to the bathroom and get ready for the day. I slip on my blue wash out jeans, my 'Nobody knows' t-shirt with my hair in a ponytail and I put on some of my mascara and blush before I go downstairs for breakfast.

The breakfast table is buzzing with the conversation of the previous night's events. We had a buffet style breakfast and I enjoyed speaking with the Roberts' men while Emily socialised and tidied up while we ate. Once everyone has cleared the table, I offer to help tidy up.

After everything is cleaned, we sit in silence for a while, then Emily suddenly speaks, "I'm glad you came with Jamie. Heaven knows I've been praying that he meets a nice girl and I can see he has, even the way he looks at you makes me flush."

She laughs as I nearly choke on the last sip of coffee. "Oh come now dear, he's deeply in love with you and I was heartbroken to hear that you had broken up, but I'm glad that you're trying to work it out, he says you're just friends but the way you guys are together, it reminds me of Dan and me, 34 years of marriage earlier."

I feel my face flame and my anxiety shoots through the roof. I smile, "Honestly, I think I'm lucky enough to have your son in my life. He's amazing, but I'm sure I don't need to tell you that," I look over at Jamie who is helping his dad with the tent through the kitchen window.

Emily squeezes my hand before she walks out the back door and starts barking orders at the men. Emily's words on loop in my head as I watch them through the window, 'he's deeply in love with you' when Jamie sees me through the window he smiles and I flush before I turn and sit at the table.

Grace joins me in the kitchen and I'm curious about where she ran off to last night when she looks out the window to watch her family. "Bobby came over last night if you're wondering where I ran off too. He was outside and he's supposed to be coming over just now."

She turns to face me and continues before I can say anything, "The thing is, the family was really excited to meet you and I didn't want to take that away from J, but I need your help talking to him. He can be so frustrating," she rolls her eyes and I can't help but smile, "Anyway, do you mind telling him to behave when Bobby comes over?"

I smile to hide my surprise as her beautiful eyes scan my face, I nod, "Of course I will. I know how overprotective he gets. Is this the first time they are meeting?" She nods vigorously and comes over to hug me.

"Thank you, Victoria. I'm glad you get it. Anyway, he should be here in about an hour." I watch as she makes her way out of the room to go get ready.

Jamie walks in and I smile, "Hey you, got a minute?" I ask and I know it's now or never.

"Sure babe, what's up?" I feel my spine stiffen before I start rambling,

"Soooo,Grace's boyfriend is coming over and she asked me to talk to you, so could you behave while he's here?" I ask in a rush and I watch his features morph with emotion.

"I can't believe she asked you to talk to me. Like what am I going to do?" I laugh at his expression.

"Oh I don't know, maybe give him the whole, 'break her heart and I break your face' big brother speech? No girl likes that." I smile and watch him relax a bit, as he raises an eyebrow.

"No promises." I throw out my A game as I bat my eyelashes and work my puppy dog face.

"No fair Vicky," he throws his arm around my shoulder as I rub his back, "Still no promises though, but I'll try."

I laugh even harder this time, "Works for me."

After we meet Bobby, Jamie and I have to sit outside to allow his sister some freedom. "That wasn't so bad, was it? I mean I think he seems like one of the good guys."

I nudge Jamie who still has a scowl on his face, I laugh, "Besides, he seems to really like Grace, maybe give the kid a break." He scowls deepened and I laugh some more. Emily packs us a light lunch and Jamie packs the car.

Grace came over to hug me as she said bye to her brother and left with Bobby for ice-cream and I watched Jamie fight for control to not threaten Bobby. Nathan waved bye to us as he went across the road to his friend while Emily and Daniel stood with us by the car as we were about to leave.

Emily hugs Jamie and gets all teary and I feel like an intruder watching the mother-son moment. When she comes over to hug me, she whispers in my ear, "Thank you for choosing him. I think he made the right choice and I'm grateful that you chose him too."

She kisses my cheek and then hands me over to Daniel who awkwardly stands there before he hugs me too and says, "Welcome to the family, honey."

He winks at Jamie and I watch Jamie turn a new shade of red. "Alright you guys, let Vicky go. I'm sure she's ready to run for the hills now." He jokes and we all laugh, except I feel a little empty after the joke.

"I don't think I'd run from these amazing people Mr Roberts." Not that I want too.

I am then directed to the car as Jamie opens my door and I climb in, Emily taps on my window and once I roll it down, with Jamie next to me, she loudly whispers, "I hope you're bringing her to Grace's birthday." I smile and Jamie visibly tenses.

"I'll let you know mom. We gotta go now, bye mom." I deflate in the seat next to him as he pulls out of the driveway.

"I guess I won't be going to her birthday," I mumble and Jamie laughs.

"Maybe, but couldn't you at least be a bit less likeable?" He laughs and all I can do is smile knowing that this must be hard for him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know I'd like them that much either." I sigh as I continue to stare out of the window as Jamie drives along, feeling a tear slip. We listen to music throughout the trip back and barely speak a word. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 220 31
In which a fan falls in love with a boy in a band. © 2014 by jadedspn. All rights reserved.
552 4 42
Luke Hemmings, world wide blown out punk rock star doing what he's best at. Music with his best friends. 5 Seconds of summer. He thinks he knows what...
97.3K 1.9K 31
-COMPLETED- Isabelle Hawthorne is sure of three things. She loves her best friend. She loves her daughter. And she's definitely still in love with th...
86.4K 2.5K 40
Amber's world is going to be turned upside down. When she finally goes to a 5 Seconds of summer concert, she never would have guessed she got to mee...