Engraved.

By xx_redphoenix_xx

Katrina Grey has always steered clear out of drama's way seeing to the fact that she has a secret, and with t... More

Rules.
Before Anything Else
✔ Prologue
✔ Chapter 1
✔ Chapter 2
✔ Chapter 3
✔ Chapter 4
✔ Chapter 5
✔ Chapter 6
✔ Chapter 7
✔ Chapter 8
✔ Chapter 9
✔ Chapter 10
✔ Chapter 11
✔ Chapter 12
✔ Chapter 13
✔ Chapter 14
✔ Chapter 15
✔ Chapter 16
✔ Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
✔ Chapter 39
✔ Chapter 40
✔ Chapter 41
✔ Chapter 42 : 1.0
✔ Chapter 42 : 2.0
✔ Chapter 43
✔ Chapter 44
✔ Chapter 45
✔ Chapter 46
✔ Chapter 47
✔ Chapter 48
✔ Chapter 49
✔ Chapter 50
✔ Chapter 51
✔ Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Important!

Chapter 30

108 15 1
By xx_redphoenix_xx

* * *

Do not skip author's note below. If you do then I swear to god, I will find you and then shred you into pieces with a paper shredder.

*I am Kidding*

No, I am not kidding and not joking either.

Anyways back to the Story....

* * *

Its pouring outside.

Raining like cats and dogs probably, and I am sitting in Xavier's mansion, staring out of the window watching the raindrops fall. It started pelt down when we were sitting in Xavier's cars. The rain came lashing down and within an hour or so, the area that we passed by had been flooded by the water that escaped from the clouds. When Xavier bought me to his 'house' to say I was devastated would be a delicacy.

I always had the impression that the bungalow he owned next to mine was his actual home but when I saw that he lived in a mansion, I was stunned. The mansion in itself was gorgeous and when I asked Xavier who his parents were he just casually replied that his parents were Cole Knight and Melissa Evans.

Now if you don't know who these two are, then let me explain it. Cole Knight is a world-renowned business man who fell in love with his personal secretary Melissa Evans at the age of 23. Melissa Evans is also the author of the bestseller 'Broken Promises' which she wrote after she was married.

The Knight family has two kids, both boys. The younger one being Xavier and the elder one who is Aiden. My parents were really close to them and often a family invited the other for dinner. I have been anticipating the dinner that the Knight's are going to have tonight because I really want to see if they are able to recognize me or not.

Most likely they won't be able to owning to the fact that I am nothing like what I used to be and with my brown lenses and a wig, I don't think they ever will be able to guess that I am Blake Montez's daughter.

It suddenly crosses my mind that it has been so long since I have even thought about my father. His green eyes stealing glances at my mom's short copper brown hair or how my mom used to sing to me each and every time there was thunder. How her sweet voice rang throughout the house when she used to chant during the time that I used to get nightmares.

How my father used to kiss my forehead. These are little things that I won't ever forget but also the things that I can't seeing that these are the only memories left by my parents to me.

The rain sheets down harder than before and along with the droplets out of the window, a tear rolls down my cheek. I wipe it away with the back of sleeves. I look at he cloud and wonder if it is easier to hold the pain or let it go. The clouds hold the pain until a point of time where they can't take it anymore, bursting open and letting the drop of water come down.

Would it be fair if I said that the things that happened to me were exactly like the cloud. God gave me pain and I went through it, alone, but I reached the climax and I couldn't take it anymore so I ruptured, putting my emotions on display for the whole world to see. However when rain pours down they help other people and so comparing me to such a blessing wouldn't be the best choice out there.

A knock interrupts me from the awesome deep thought session I was having with myself and snapping back to the reality I find Xavier peeping inside. I nod and he comes in, his hair glistening wet and so are his clothes. He holds two ice-cream boxes in his hands, one's favour being Cookies & Cream and the other's being Belgium Chocolate.

''Want some?'' he asks politely and I get up from where I was sitting giving him a towel to wipe his hair.

His forehead furrows in confusion and I stand on my tippy-toes and ruffle his hair with the towel making the white piece of fluffy cloth absorb the water that was dripping down his hair.

After I am done drying his hair I take the ice-cream boxes from his hands telling him to go change otherwise he would get a cold. I don't leave ro for an argument and he leaves the room. I keep the boxes on the king-sized bed and sit right next to the Cookies & Cream box.

You can't blame me, food is bae.

After waiting for a few minutes your highness steps in the room wearing another black tee with jeans. The clothes that he is wearing now seriously look like the clothes he was wearing before.

He comes in sits down and ruffles my hair causing me to pout at him.

''It's raining like crazy,'' he says opening his ice-cream.

''I have never seen it rain like this before,'' I comment taking a large bite of my delicious desert.

''I have seen a storm come once on the 2nd of January,'' he says as if he is remembering something, something that is buried in the back of is mind, ''I was only fourteen at that time.''

Those are perhaps the only two sentences to coagulate my blood. And just for a minute, no, only for a second my heart stops beating. I hear it skip a beat.

I look at Xavier incredulously wondering how he remembers such details. I can hardly remember what I ate for breakfast this morning.

I internally shrug and continue to relish the God's ultimate gift to mankind.

''Where did you get this ice-cream from?'' I ask as I lick clean the spoon.

''Ben N' Jerry,'' he says taking a bite of his ice-cream.

No one speaks and a comfortable silence drifts around us as we eat the ice-cream enjoying it to the fullest.

Within minutes my ice-cream along with Xavier's has vanished into thin air and I look at Xavier sadness filling my eyes. He gives me the same look and exits the room. Just as he leaves a thunder can be heard.

Unknowingly I flinch, just a bit. Not soon after that I start feeling cold. Like I-am-going-to-die-in-a-weather-like-this cold. I start shivering and another thunder is echoed throughout the surface of the earth followed by another one.

It is pitch black outside and flashes of lightening can be seen. I bring my legs to my chest hugging them tight so that the coldness in the air disappears and I can block away the haunted memories that I tried so hard to push behind me.

Xavier comes in with a bag of chips and a worried expression crosses his face but is replaced by his blank face.

''Are you alright, love?'' he asks his voice laced with concern.

''What do you think, idiot?'' I ask not lifting up my head which was buried between my knees.

''In spite of feeling cold, love,'' he says amusingly, ''You can't hide that sarcasm of yours, can you?''

And with that being said a warm, fluffy blanket drapes over me and I look at him, he offers me a small smile. He hesitates probably wondering where to sit as his eyes roam everywhere but he refuses to look at me.

I clear my throat and pat on the fluffy bed telling him to come sit next to me. I make space for him and he sits down getting comfortable.

I drape the blanket over him so he doesn't feel cold and he looks at me.

We stare into each other's eyes for a long time before I open my mouth to say, "I am sorry."

He looks at me shocked but regains his cool demeanor too quickly for anyone to even notice.

"You don't have to be."

The sentence comes out in a tone that I have never heard before. A soft tone that I have never seen him use before. He looked so scary this morning telling me to go and have lunch with the rest of the gang but right now he looks so....

...I don't know. He just looks like he would protect me if any harm came my way.

"I need to, Xave," I say lifting my head so that my eyes can look directly into his, again, "I should have never interfered in someone else's business that wasn't even related to me. I am sorry."

I mean it when I say it. I should have respected his privacy.

"You know love, I have never heard a girl apologize before," he says his eyes sparkling with amusement, "But if you are sorry then I feel obliged to be too. I mean I did go out of the line today, right?"

I don't answer because I don't know the answer to that. Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. But I know that he did not meant to hurt me. He surely had his reasons and built his walls around him due to some reason.

Exactly like what I used to do.

"I don't know about that Xavier, but I know that you should stop getting so curious about me," I say in a low tone owing to the fact that the deeper and the more he wants to know me, the more he will get stuck in the labyrinth created by me.

"It's just that you're like a puzzle and I am trying to arrange the pieces properly," he says.

"You can't do that," I say laughing with no humour, "You can't do that because some pieces of mine, Xavier they have gone missing a long damn time ago."

"Then, love" he says offering me a small smile, "I'll carve the pieces of my life into yours so I can complete you."

I look away.

* * *

A/N : I am being totally serious when I ask whether you guys are liking my book or not because the rankings of my book are really low and I am feeling that people are not liking this book.

If you feel that this book is lacking anywhere then please tell me on private message or leave a comment.

If you guys liked this chapter then give it a vote, please.

It makes me happy.

How do you like my new title, by the way?

A few weeks ago I came across this amazing book called as Black Rose High and I swear to god it and to be the best book I have read after my all time favorite Matched.

You guys should view the book. Also the author of this book Shipper_Heartbeats is by far the most friendliest person I have met on Wattpad.

Her writing style is totally unique and so are her characters. The mysterious effect that they carry is more than enough to conjure the reader and take them into another world.

I love how the characters have a dramatic past and the best part of it is their aesthetics. I love the quotes used to describe each and every character.

In addition to that I would love it if you guys viewed the story written by Shipper_Heartbeats and show some support because I swear to god, she is one of those authors that are going to make it big in no time.

I really hope so.

Anyways, Shipper_Heartbeats if you are viewing this chapter just know that this whole length-y chapter was dedicated you and I don't think that I can thank you enough for writing such a mesmerizing book that was able to hook me with just the starting.

Just know that I think that writing is 'the' thing meant for you and only you. ☺😍😘

I need some ship names for Xavier and Katrina, Nathan and Katrina, Ashton and Katrina and Jordan and Katrina.

More female characters are coming in the future.

This book is about to get confusing, keep up.

Love,

~Mehek.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 11.7K 69
[High Fantasy/Dark Fantasy] Sebastian is finally old enough to be a warrior. He has dreamt about joining his friends, Alex and Nick, for as long as h...
306K 8.1K 44
What happens when a naive girl, Katherine, is put into every single class with the five most hottest and famous guys? Mostly chaos and dramas. But wh...
2.7K 146 20
In a world where secrets lurk beneath every shadow, Skylar's encounter with a mysterious figure in a dimly lit alley sets her on an extraordinary pat...
36 15 6
My name is Katrina Sawyer. The story you're about to read is based on real life events and things that really happened in my life. You'll find yourse...