Torn

By dovato

Demi Lovato- empowering, inspiring, and brave. When she was eighteen? Opposite. After a nights full of partyi... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
READ PUHLEASE
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
IMPORTANT SOS
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
60
61
62
63
64
65... The End
Sequel News
SEQUEL

Chapter Eight

5.1K 129 6
By dovato

Demi's POV

Wilmer stayed silent and just looked down at his hands, which made me annoyed.

"Whatever, we'll talk about it in the morning. Goodnight." I said, flopping over onto my side.

I felt pressure being let off the mattress as Wilmer turned off the bedside lamp.

I know it's terrible to go to bed angry, but it's not that I'm really angry, it's just that I'm annoyed. Beyond annoyed.

Maybe sleep will help.

•••

"Mom, mom." Annie said, barging in the room.

I looked over at the clock and it was only nine. Annie usually doesn't wake up until like eleven.

"What?"

"Can I go go carting with Conner today?" She asked.

I looked over at Wilmer, but he just smiled. Of course he would say it's okay for her to go because he's trying to get on her good side.

"Who's taking you?" I asked.

"Conner. He's almost sixteen and he has his permit and-"

"I don't think I'm comfortable with that." I said. "I'm actually not comfortable with that at all. You just met him yesterday! He's a stranger."

"B-b-but mom!" Annie fired.

Oh, great. Now I'm the bad guy. I just don't feel comfortable letting my almost fourteen year old daughter riding with a boy she literally just met yesterday.

"You don't know him, Annie."

"But Kate does!" She said. "And Kate is with Madison right now and they can come with us."

Kate is of course one of Annie and Madison's best friends. I mean, there would be no reason to not let her go now. If Kate knows him and she approves, then he must be a good guy.. Right?

"Come on, Dems. Let her go." Wilmer urged.

"Fine." I said.

"Thank you! I love you!" Annie squealed, running out of the room.

I waited a few moments then quickly looked over at Wilmer. "You're doing a really good job at pissing me off lately."

"I know nena." Wilmer smiled. "I'm sorry."

I sat up and faced him, ready to confront him about last night and get answers.

"So, what happened that night?"

Annie's POV

I put on my high waisted shorts and tucked in my tank top. All ready. I'm so nervous. Hopefully with Kate and Madison being there, it will be less awkward because I actually know someone.

Kate really doesn't personally know Conner like I sorta told Demi she did. She knows who he is, and by what she says him and his family are super great people.

I heard my phone start ringing from my back pocket, and when I pulled it out it was Conner.

"Hello?"

"I'm pulling in."

I smiled and hung up on him, growing more nervous by the minute. I opened my door and started running down the hallway, "BYE MOM I LOVE YOU!"

Every inch I got closer to the door, I got more and more nervous. This is like a for real date.

When I walkout outside, I saw Conner on the other side of the truck, opening the door for me. And the butterflies are at it again.

"Good morning Miss. Lovato." Conner said.

"Good morning Mr. Brown." I said climbing in the truck. "Thank you."

I watched him close the door and start walking around the front, but then I noticed something else. Demi and Wilmer looking at us from the window. What creeps.

"Whatcha looking at?" Conner asked, leaning forward and looking through the windshield.

"Wilmer and Demi." I huffed.

He laughed a little and started pulling out of the driveway. It sucks were only going to have three minutes alone.

"They're just upset that their little girl is going on a date." He said.

Oh, so this is a date? I mean, I know this is a date, but I'm happy that he thinks of it that way.

"One, I'm not Wilmer's little girl. Two, this is a date?" I asked flirtatiously.

Pink rose up in his cheeks and he pretended to squint from the sun to hide his blush. "So, which one is Madison's house?" He tried changing the subject.

"The third one and so it's a date?"

"Do you want it to be a date?"

"Yes." I answered truthfully.

He pulled into Madison's driveway and looked into my eyes. "Then, yes. It's a date."

•••

Me and Conner got in one go cart while Madison and Kate got in the one behind us. They've been giving me and Conner some space, which is super nice and super awesome for us.

"So." Conner said. "How is it living with Demi?"

"Woah, no beating around the bush there." I said, surprised by his unusual question.

"Sorry, you don't have to answer that. I was just curious."

"No, I'll tell you." I laughed a little. "Well, it actually depends. Are you asking how it is to live with Demi, my mom, or pop sensation Demi Lovato?"

He pondered the question for a little bit before speaking up, "Both."

"I like my mom Demi the best. She's the only mom I've ever known and it works for the better for both of us that our ages are closer together. She's honestly my best friend." The last part was a little to cheesy, but it's the truth. "And living with pop sensation Demi Lovato can be very, very overwhelming at times. Everyone is in your business at all times. They judge every little aspect of you, and they don't even know a thing about us. It just sucks because sense Demi's famous, her whole family has to be criticized right along with her."

I took in a breath and began again, "It's like I have to be cautious of what I put on twitter and what I say in public, or even what I wear. Like, I'm constantly walking on eggshells. No one understands that 'celebrities' have feelings too. Some 'celebrities' are the most insecure people. I don't know. But sometimes 'pop sensation Demi' is really fun and she's taken me on more adventures in these past few years that I thought id have in a lifetime."

It's not until now that I realized Conner asked me a simple question and I just spilled my guts out. "Sorry about that." I said, feeling a little uncomfortable. "I guess I just needed to vent."

He put one arm around me and pulled me close to him, "Hey, it's okay. You didn't bother me at all. It makes me feel really good that you trust me like that."

"Are you guys ready?!" The man yelled at all of the people in the go carts.

My heart sank a little when Conner pulled his arm back and placed his hands on the steering wheel.

"Go!"

Conner immediately stomped on the gas pedal, sending us lurching forward and passed two of the go carts in less than five seconds, leaving us in the lead.

Now, I'm wondering two things; why did I trust him with all of the stuff I just told him and why do already like him? I met him yesterday, but we've texted non-stop ever sense.

"This is so fun!" Conner yelled over the engine.

I giggled at his enthusiasm and cuteness, as he drove like a mad man through twists and turns.

"Where's Madison and Kate?" He asked.

I could barely even look behind us, without getting whiplash.

"They're right behind us." I yelled.

"Not anymore!" He yelled as we crossed over the finish line.

••

"No, really. We'll sit right behind you and give you two love birds some space." Madison joked.

I rolled my eyes as I sat across from Conner in the indoor restaurant next to the go carts.

"Smile." Conner said.

I looked up at him and before I could register what was happening, I heard a camera sound.

"Did you just take a picture of me?!"

"I would do no such thing." He joked.

But, sure enough, I got a twitter notification just moments later. "@Connerc1: dinner with this lovely girl. ☺️ @annielovato"

Payback is coming.

I held up my phone camera and kicked him lightly in the shin, and took his reaction picture.

"What was that for?!" He yelped.

"Nothing." I giggled.

I looked at the picture and he looks so shocked and scared, it's hilarious. I seriously have to puff my cheeks so I don't laugh. Now, time to put it on twitter. "Dinner with this lovely boy. 😊 #payback @connerc1"

"Really?" Conner asked, looking at his phone.

"Really?" I mimicked.

He smiled at me and shook his head.

Oh, this boy.

••••

"I had a really fun time with you." Conner said, as we stood on my porch. Cliche, I know.

"I had a really fun time with you, too." I blushed.

"Maybe we can do it again sometime?" He asked.

My mind raced thinking of places and a time where or when we can hang out, because honestly, I wouldn't complain if we spent everyday together.

"Tomorrow is my softball game. You can come if you want." I smiled, hope rising to my cheeks.

"Id love too." He said.

I smiled, fireworks going off inside of my body. It's taking everything I have not to shriek with happiness.

"Yay!"

He laughed a little then went back to looking at me in the eyes. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I smiled.

He leaned down and kissed me on the cheek, before turning around and walking back to the truck.

I made sure I was inside before I touched my finer tips to my cheek, tingles still remaining.

"Momma!" I sang, looking in the living room. Empty. "Demi!"

"In my room." I heard her lazily yell.

Wait, wait. I would expect her to be already down here, looking through the blinds and waiting for me to tell her about how my night went and her voice sounds deeper than usual, which only happens after she's been crying. Something's wrong.

I ran up the staircase, skipping on stair at a time.

I creaked open her door and saw her in a limp ball on her bed, dry tear stains on her cheeks.

My sudden happiness and joy from my day with Conner all disappeared at the sight of my mom so upset.

I ran over to her side and pulled her up, so now she was basically laying on my shoulder.

"What happened?!"

"He told me." She sniffled. "I'm so sorry, Annie. I'm so, so sorry."

"What did he tell you?"

"He told me everything about that night."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.2K 1.7K 37
Bullying makes her leave her hometown and start a new life. She takes this opportunity to try to fit in but is she going to make the right friends? A...
34.8K 1.2K 34
"Why are we back in this position?" Demi whispers, her lips attach to his neck. "You can pull away." Wilmer whispers but he doesn't want to. He wants...
180K 7.2K 93
Demi and Wilmer are both on a break off of work and are on vacation with their beautiful daughter, Rose. 15 year old Emma lost both of her parents a...
32.3K 1.6K 37
Finding True Love will only come along once in a lifetime, but if you don't realise you have it then you can loose it all in a day. Since the day Dem...