Finding Me - Book 4

By Erin__Lee

Emerson Isabella Stratton, 17 years old, bisexual. Emerson struggles with her identity. She is a girl and 9... More

BACK!!
"Sorry But I Can't."
"Date Night?"
"Happy Birthdy to Me!"
"Savior!"
"Taking a Break."
"Moment."
"Come Clean."
"Decision."
"I'm Sorry."
"Meeting."
"First."
"Admire."
"Million Bucks!"
"Chill."
"Uh No."
"Space."
"No Way!"
"Dream."
"Thankful."
"Fall."
"Together."
"Scared."
"Happy."
"Family."
"Lacrosse!"
"Day Off."
"Future."
"Relax."
"Plans."
"Show."
"Ignored."
"Parents."
"States!"
"True Love!"
"Gone."
"For You."
"Prom!"
"Path."
Epilogue pt.1
Epilogue pt.2
Authors Note
Bonus Chapter 1!
Bonus Chapter 3!
Bonus Chapter 4!
Authors Note

Bonus Chapter 2!

1.1K 34 5
By Erin__Lee

Special - Ali and Drew's First Date

Ali's POV

I thank Alex for the Chicken Alfredo and sprint upstairs.

Okay. What to wear? What to wear?

Drew didn't say where we were going he just said to dress nice. Nice could mean anything, especially when we're talking about my sense of fashion. I could make sweats look stylish.

I scan my closet for an outfit but despite the endless amount of cute clothes in there I can't find anything.

"Ugh!" I groan and run my fingers through my hair.

Shoving my hand in my pocket I pull out my phone and go straight to Pinterest. 'First date outfits', my fingers type out.

I find the cutest idea and immediately look for the clothes I need. Considering I don't have the exact clothes from the picture I feel like I did my best.

After scavenging my closet I go shower, braiding my hair while it's still wet and hoping it looks okay when I take it down.

My eyes travel over my reflection as I stand in a mid-thigh length, pink, pleated skirt, a white crop top that ends where the skirt begins, and a blue jean jacket.

Should I wear heels or sneakers? Heels. But wait what if we're walking? Sneakers.

I step into my white converse before doing my make up. Keeping it simple I apply some eyeshadow and eyeliner, lipgloss, and I do my eyebrows.

Then my bedroom door swings open. Dad stands, eyes narrowed, looking me up and down.

"Daddy are you okay?" I stand and ask.

He makes eye contact," this, this, date, with Drew, where will you be going?"

"I'm not sure he says it's a surprise. And how did you find out?"

"He's here, I thought he was here for Alex but noooo he's here for you," he finally unnarrows his eyes," you have cash on you correct?"

I nod.

"Okay. If he tries anything funny, remember to go straight for the jugular."

"Daddy," I whine.

He raises his hands in surrender," I'm just saying you never know, he is waiting for you downstairs though."

With that he nods and leaves out.

I take a deep breath.

This isn't my first date but it's my first date with Drew and he's so cute, and funny, and charming.

Straightening my back, I let my hair down and it comes out almost perfectly. I leave most of my hair down and do a small halo braid.

Then I grab my purse and leave out.

Drew is standing at the front door, shifting from one foot to the next and my dad leans against the kitchen doorframe, arms crossed.

"Dad stop trying to intimidate him."

He looks over at me and shrugs.

"Wow, Ali you look beautiful." Drew says softly, the sweetest smile on his face.

I blush," thank you. You look great too."

Which he does, clad in dark blue jeans, a navy blue button up with little white dots on it, a grey sweater over top, and black vans.

"Well uh, we should get going."

"Yeah."

My dad steps forward and places a hand on his shoulder," you two have fun, have her home by 11."

Drew nods," of course."

"Have fun princess." Dad kisses my forehead and watches us as we leave out.

Being the gentleman that he is, Drew opens his car door for me, and shuts it, before goin around and getting in.

"So I wasn't sure how cliche I should be or if I should be over the top or not because I really want this date to be great but um, I figured we could go play mini golf or see a movie and then dinner after." He suggests.

The way his eyes flicker over to me briefly and his hands tightening on the steering wheel clues me in that he's just as nervous as me.

"Mini golf sounds fun."

He smiles," great. You can put on some music, my cd's are right on the backseat."

I nod and turn around. He has a small shoe box with multiple cd cases in it," I wasn't sure that people our age use cd's, aren't we more of the aux chord type."

"Yeah I have one but I like cd's, they give me this old school vibe and it's better than having to search for a song, just let the tracks play."

"Old school huh," I chuckle.

His cheeks go a little pink," uh yeah."

"I agree." With that I push the cd in the radio and turn the volume up to 20.

Music Sounds Better with You by Big Time Rush plays.

"You like these guys?" Drew ask finger pointing to the radio.

I nod," yeah there tv show was one of my favorites alongside Victorious, and their music is great."

"I know right, their show was very sitcom like but I laughed every time I watched it so no complaints." He shares.

Soon enough he pulls into the mini golf parking lot and we get out.

It's the cutest little place. It has a small light house, a windmill, and a pirate ship. Each whole has a different theme to it.

"So as not to be to cliche, you mind if I pay for mini golf?" I ask.

He shrugs," so long as I can pay for dinner."

"Deal."

We shake on it before I give the man $10. Drew chooses a green stick and ball and I pick purple.

'Hole 1' is carved into the little wood sign.

"So to make this interesting I figured we play and ask questions but there are rules."

"I'm listening."

"So basically every time you hit the ball you ask a question but only simple questions: favorite color, favorite movie, pet preference. But for every whole in one you can ask something a little more personal," he scratches the back of his neck," sound okay?"

I nod," fine by me."

Standing at the beginning of the first while I tap the ball, it rolls down the little hill, clanks against the white pole, and falls right in the whole.

"What is. . . your biggest doubt?"

His eyebrows raise quickly then fall back down as he shifts his weight," uh," he thinks," I doubt I'll ever be close to my dad again, after my moms passing."

Immediately my heart sinks," I'm so sorry you lost your mom."

Something flashes in his eyes," thank you. It happened a while ago but ever since my dad's been distant and aloof."

"Must suck."

Really Ali, 'must suck', is that really the best I could do?

He releases a humorless chuckle," that it does," he hops forward," now it's my turn."

He gets a whole in one," what is the biggest lesson that life has taught you?"

I think for a moment. About all the stuff I've seen and experienced.

"That life is short and I don't want to live it with regrets." I answer seconds later.

He smiles ever so softly," agreed."

Then he steps to me, hand on my hip, and kisses me.

It's starts feather light, as if he expects me to back away, but I press my lips against his and my hand grabs his arm. Shockingly I get the slightest taste of cherries before we break apart.

I'm frozen for a moment. My mind reeling. Then like an idiot I break into a grin. I bring my hand up, covering my smile.

"Don't, you have a gorgeous smile." He says stopping me.

Then I lower my hand.

Getting the next three hole in ones is easy, but after that it doesn't look too good. Still though as the game ends I realize I've learned so much about him.

That stupid little voice in the back of my head nags me that I moved too fast asking about his mom but the rest of my brain congratulates me.

He had the brightest smile on his face while talking about her. He described her as an angel in disguise: long jet black hair, grey eyes, and a freckled face. Sweet, funny, caring, selfless, and smart.

I could see the longing and sadness in his eyes from time to time but he still smiled and spoke with such adoration.

We end up at a local Thai restaurant, sharing a Phad Thai meal.

Our conversation carries on from the golf course but the questions are lighter, a story or a joke is thrown in here and there and I find myself liking Drew more and more by the minute.

Though it hasn't even been a day yet I'm so attracted to how goofy and childish he can be yet still being wise.

"So are Alex and Austin your only siblings?" He asks.

I fight the urge to freeze or gulp, I just nod and look at him," yeah they're the only ones."

He nods and sips his Fanta," I can kind of tell you are but are you guys close?"

"We are. Though Austin is older than us by a couple months we stick together. It's amazing having them. When there's no one else, or when I feel like there isn't, I know I have them and vice versa, I'd be there for either of them in a heartbeat." I explain setting my fork down.

A smile plays on his lips," I use to wish for siblings. A little sister mostly. I'd always see the movies and read books where the older brother is protective and I guess I like being the protector and so I wanted that. Someone who looked up to me, someone who I could care for and watch over and be there for whenever she needed."

"You're a really sweet guy Drew." I smile.

For the second time today his cheeks go pink and he chuckles," thanks," then he glances outside," you want to take a walk with me?"

"Yeah sure."

He pays for the food, I grab my purse, and we leave out.

After crossing the street he leads me to a bridge. It's not huge like the ambassador or golden gate but it's pretty big. Waves from the nearby river crash against the bottom of it.

Stars dance in the night sky.

As we walk side by side his hand brushes against mine, my cheeks heat up, and his fingers slowly wrap around mine.

I lean my head against his shoulder, we stop, and look over at the water.

"You alright? I know it's getting a little chilly out here." He looks down at me.

"I'm fine," then I breathe deeply," god, it's so beautiful out here."

His shoulders move as he takes a deep breath as well," yeah it-"

Then his phone rings.

"Damn, give me one second." He says answering the call from his dad.

I nod and lean against the railing as he steps away just a bit and speaks.

A few minutes later he steps back over," I'm so sorry but my dad is expecting me for something."

"It's fine," I fight the disappoint," let's not keep him waiting."

Nodding Drew offers me his hand and I take it.

We make the most of our time in the car, joking around and getting to know one another. Once we pull up he gets out, gets the door for me, and walks me to the front door.

"I had a lot of fun tonight Drew." I unlock the door but don't open it yet.

He smiles charmingly," me too. Hopefully we get to do it again soon."

I just nod as he leans in. Once again he captures my lips with his. The kiss, though slow, still takes my breath away.

"See you later Ali."

"Yeah," I breathe," see ya."

I wait for him to get I the car and before pulling off he waits for me to get inside.

I pause and take a minute for myself, thinking about tonight. The blush that creeps on to my cheeks can't be stopped and I don't care.

I really like this boy.

Holding in a squeal I head upstairs, check in with my parents, and head to my room.

"Hey, you have fun?" Austin asks walking toward his door from Alex's room.

I nod," yeah, yeah I did."

He smiles," good. Sweet dreams little sister."

"You too big brother."

After I'm changed into a big light blue t-shirt I get in bed and immediately text Drew.

Screw what Seventeen said about waiting three days.

'Did I mention how much fun I had tonight?'

Seconds later he sends,' you did, so did I. Next time we won't be interrupted by my dad, promise☺️.'

'Who said anything about a next time🤔.'

'😨😨 I thought you had fun.'

'I'm kidding😂, I did, there will definitely be a next time.'

'😁 great. Goodnight Ali, sweet dreams.'

'Goodnight Drew 😚.'

***___***___***_____***___***___***

A/N: Guys please please tell me what else you want to see.

I'm mad because I had so many ideas about what to write as a bonus chapter and like an idiot I forgot to write them down so now I'm drawing blanks.

It would be such a help, not just for me but for you too if you could let me know what you want to see and I'll get that to you.

Thanks in advance, till next time: Live Long and Rock on 🤟🏽😝❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 125 18
Emerson Jenkins is seventeen, entering her first day of senior year that comes in a mixed wave of emotions. The old art teacher happened to be replac...
305K 12.3K 66
I chuckled slightly and shook my head. "Does that usually work for you? The cute little remarks and that nice smile." I teased. He gave me a sheepish...
Her Rock By Cheyanne

Teen Fiction

3M 63.8K 36
Ella Mae Emerson, the girl who stays hidden at all costs, the girl who likes to be alone with eyes glued to the floor, words coming out as stutters...
164 23 21
"It's almost as if sleep and I were married for sixteen years, and I caught them having an affair with my sister." Julie Esther Nicholson, one of the...