Picking and Choosing

By GoddessFiclover18

Shadow and his group of comrades have been going to the same school since middle school. now in the Sophmore... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Read!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 3

2.3K 81 44
By GoddessFiclover18

PoV: Shadow

  Now that Rouge has talked to them, the word about these damn transfers became much more common. At least we had music class. A easy grade where I could just relax. The jocks grabbed the most stereotypical guitars and pretended that they knew how to play. Most of us hot xylophones because of how easy it was to play. Others had vocals, not many boys could sing at this school.

  I walking in, an unfortunate sight as the three transfers where all their. We'll, at least Sonic wouldn't be as annoying to listen to as the rest of these dumbasses. I had no idea if his twins could play. Sonic picked up the one guitar no one used. The purple, flower print one. It was the only one left. The guitar even had cobwebs on connecting it to the wall. Hell, it looked like the kid was examining it. He cleaned it up and started tuning it.

"That guitar hasn't been used in years," I stated.

"Doesn't mean it can't be played," he strumed it, "perfect."

"Alright class, sit down and review your scales," I just sat back and relaxed as best I could with the off notes people played. I over heard her talking to the transfers, "would you mind playing something for the class today? It might inspire them."

"What do you think Sonic?" Sonia asked.

"I guess we could," Sonic answered, "It might be fun."

"Let do it," Manic cheered.

"Wonderful!" The teacher cheered, "everyone, take your seats. We have a special preformance today."

"At least we don't have to do work."

"They probably suck like every other band in this damn school."

  I could tell you all you're so wrong, I smirked out of amusement. Their reactions to Sonic's voice would be quiet entertaining. Even after a day, no could figure any of them out. Sonic stood behind the microphone, guitar in hand. Behind him, on the left stood Sonia with a keyboard. The right, Manic was setting up a drum set. They spoke for a while and began.

"I cross my heart and I hope to die~

May God strike me down if I tell you lies~

Stay here forever looking in your eyes~

24/7 baby 365~" Sonic sang.

"What the fuck?"

"Dude awesome."

"Shadow his voice is amazing," Rouge just watched him, "I wanna squeeze him he's so damn cute."

"This song sucks."

"Shut the fuck up right now Darrell, I swear I'll will fucking kick your ass right now!" She snapped.

"Chill dude, I'll give it another shot," Darrell panicked, Rouge was an amazing fighter.

"I take your hand and I hold real tight~

I tell ya 'life's just a blink, so don't thing twice~'

Let's catch the moment in a flash if li~ght

Whoa~oh oh oh~

24/7 baby, 365.

If we're gonna feel alive~ then let's feel it now," just then the song got fast, they had perfect harmony with their instruments.

"We could be blow to pieces,

Because time's a ticking bomb.

We could all be dead tomorrow, but our love will car~ry on.

Cause when you know your days are numbered

And you lookin' in my eyes.

It's not the end... cause out energy never dies.

Oh~ whao~ oh~oh oh oh~

Whoa oh oh~ oh oh oh oh~" they played perfectly throughout the entire song.

---

"Oh~ whao~ oh~oh oh oh~

Whoa oh oh~ oh oh oh oh~

There's  no where (there's no where)

There's no when (there's no when)

There's no start (there's no start)

There's no end (there's no end)

Cause this love (This love)

It transcends.

I found you before and I'll find you again," Manic was back up. Then Sonia sang in sync with Sonic, no surprise he was lead singer.

"There no where (There's no where)

There's no when (there's no when)

There's no start (there's no start)

There's no end (there's no end)

So if we're gonna feel alive,

then let's feel it now."

---

"I take your hand and i hold real ti~ght.

I tell ya 'life's just a blink,

So don't think twice.'"

  The got a huge applause, I quiet enjoyed cocky faces turn shock with their preformance.

"Oh Sonic," Rouge looked sad.

"What's got you down? It was a love song, jealous of who it was for?" I teased.

"He crying," she took off.

"What?" Only now did I notice the tears that stung his green eyes.

  Rouge wasn't the only one, Amy and some other girls noticed to. The guys couldn't care less. Rouge was hugging him, some other girls did the same. I did feel a sad aura from him as he sang. That song must have been for someone that left his life. He still missed them. He better not bring his story up. It's gonna be the schools next twilight.

PoV: Sonia

  Sonic was crying the whole time. I really didn't want to play this song because of that.

"Sonic, I know you still miss her," I wiped he tears.

"Oh you poor thing," that bat girl from break what clinging to him, "are you okay? You can tell me why you're crying."

"I-I'm okay, really," Sonic had his eyes shut.

  Ugh, no wonder. This girls showing more cleavage than a modernized pop singer, I did feel proud Sonic was trying to respect her, we raised him well.

"Sonic, are you alright?" Some pink hedgehog with a red head band hugged him too.

  I was done with so many girls hugging my brother. I pulled him away from them and held him myself.

"He's fine girls," Manic stood between them and us, "we can handle it."

"Girls take your seat. Sonic Underground you may head out to the hall if you need some time alone," the teacher told us.

"Thank you," I took Sonic into the hall with Manic.

  He just rested on me.

"Sonic, if that song hurts you too much, we really shouldn't play it," Manic brushed his quills down.

"No, no. It not for Sally anymore. I want to be able to play it for myself. Make it my own song, our song," he answered.

"Okay, we'll keep trying then," I kissed his cheek and giggled like he always did, "just for you, baby brother."

"We're the same age," he laughed.

"You're our baby brother," Manic gave him a gently punch on the arm.

"Cutie," I pinched his nose.

"Hey~" same old reaction.

PoV: Sonic

  I always felt better over anything when I talked to my family of three. It was just the three of us, I didn't mind it that way. We walked back inside and took our seats, the teacher was talking about how wonderful music is. Any musician can know that without the lecture. Sonia sat in the middle this time.

  I took out a few cookies to snack on as the white bat I met in science sat next to me. I figure she'd want more, there were only a few left. I had only given them to Miles and her. What do I even know her name? Oh no, what if she told me and I forgot, that'd be so rude of me.

"Excuse me, um..." I got her attention.

"It's Rouge sweetie," she took a cookie from my hand, "I forgot to tell you that."

"Oh yeah, that's actually what I was going to ask-" she placed the cookie in my mouth.

"Don't worry about, okay cutie?" I nodded, "good."

  My cheeks always got warm with all the nicknames she called me. I wonder why she calls me those things. Sonia calls me baby... she doesn't think I'm a kid too does she?! I sighed and ate my last cookie.

"Is that the last one?" Rouge asked, I nodded yes, only because she caught me in the middle of a bite, "would you share?"

  I don't think that sanitary, the cookie is literally in my mouth r- I froze as she bit the cookie from the other side and broke it in two.

"Whoa hey!" Sonia slammed her hand down making my racing heart skip a beat, "back away now."

"Oh relax," Rouge wiped me cheek as I swallow what was left of the cookie, "I just wanted a last bite before they were gone."

"I don't care, you don't bit e it off his mouth," Sonia growled.

  I moved back a little and let them have space. I felt a small tug on my ear and looked up to the stand behind me. Another pink hedgehog waved at me, a purple cat besides her. I gave her a small wave back, she turned and started whispering to the cat.

PoV: Shadow

  Do they have to make such a ruckus? I rubbed my eyes.

"I'm surrounded by idiots," I sighed.

"Why don't you try talking to Sonic? He seems really nice. Rouge says he's really sweet," Silver pointed out.

"I'm away of that," I walked away, "you talk to him. I'm leaving."

I'm not getting caught up in this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.6K 44
Sonic and gang start another year at their highschool. this year there seems to be a new student, who catches Sonic's attention. WARNING: SONADOW I R...
242K 5.6K 41
Sonic's friends throw him a surpise birthday party like they do for him and eachother every year. This year, however, it may end diffirently then the...
73K 1.1K 32
When the school heard that the royal siblings Sonic, Manic, and Sonia are coming to chaos high everyone's preparing for their welcoming, things will...
61.9K 1.7K 13
The triplets move out from the castle to start going to high school, thankfully for them, their mother never revealed their identity. Shadow the Hed...