Chapter 13

And yes, a new wonderful cover from OwlHugs
Honestly these ar beter cover than what I would come up with.
~~~~~~

PoV: Shadow

  I finished the calls with Sonic's twins, I was tired of hearing them yell at me. Sonic came out in one of my shirts. It fell just over his tail. He was fiddling with the clip of his sling.

"Here," I clipped it for him.

"Shadow are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine, why?" I asked.

"You're nose is bleeding," I quickly covered my mussle, I hadn't noticed the lukewarm blood dripping towards my upper lip, "I'll be right back. Why don't you get comfortable? Just sit on my bed," I took off to the bathroom.

  Damn it, what kind of a reaction was that?! A nosebleed, how 'wonderful', I thought as I began washing my face and using tissue to stop the bleeding.

PoV: Sonic

  I felt bad that Shadow suddenly got a nosebleed like that. I wonder if the dry air got to  him? I thought as I sat down.

"Hello Sonic, I do hope you're having a pleasant evening," the butler came in.

"O-oh, um... yes, I am," I answered.

"The Master of the house would like to speak with you, come along," he held the door open for me.

"Oh um... okay," I followed him.

  The Master of the house, they called Shadow young Master before. I'm going to meet Shadow's dad?! I gulped as I enter what looked like the dinning hall. I was sat down next to a man at the head of the table. He looked nothing like Shadow, unless Shadow takes after his mother he must be adopted. I won't bring it up to him, I wouldn't want to make things awkward with him. Especially is it's a sensitive topic.

"So, my son brought you to our estate," he said.

"Y-yes sir," I answered.

"My dear you don't need to be so formal, just call me Doom," he placed a hand on my back, "Now tell me, what about my son made you interested?"

PoV: Shadow

"Sorry about that Sonic-" he was gone, "Sonic?"

"Young Master Shadow, Sonic is currently with your father. They're in the dinning room, tonight's dinner will be ready in a few moments," a maid told me.

"Crap!" I ran down the stairs and to the dinning room.

"I think Shadow is very kind. I was old how he defended me when I was hurt. He and the others, I'm greatful to them all. And I wish to repay my debt to the entirely," that was Sonic's voice, "but they've done so much... I don't know how to repay them."

"You're a very honest girl Sonic. I like you, and I would like you to spend more time with my son," Dad said, my face felt red hot, "I know you'll make his life better by being around him."

"Th-thank you Sir," Sonic's stutter was abosoulty adorable, what the heck am I thinking?!

"Hmhm!" Dad laughed, but it sounded gentle and honest. I had never heard that before, "Its Doom my dear, and our gates are always open to you. If there's anything you need, just call."

"Oh I really don't need anything Mr. Doom. I wouldn't want to trouble you in any way," Sonic was so modest and thoughtful... He was wonderful... Why did he have to go through so much.

"Shadow, why don't you join us?" Dad spotted me.

"Yes sir," I sat across from them.

  Sonic was just being himself... and dad loved every bit of it. It was amazing how Sonic changed him. Our normally quiet diners were filled with conversation tonight. I actually enjoyed this, a lot even... I would have loved this to be an everyday thing.

"So Shadow, how long have you two been dating? You mustn't for get her annerversy or you face the hell all forgetful men face," I knew my face was covered in blush, but I think Sonics was brighter.

"Um... w-we aren't dating..." I replied.

"I'm sorry for the confusion..." Sonic bowed his head again.

"Ha ha ha that's quiet alright dear. Our gates will remain open to you," he said, "Shadow," he boomed, "it's not poliet for a woman to have to bow her head when she's done nothing wrong. I do not was a repeat action if this understand?"

"Yes sir but..." I heard him say woman,  "Sonic isn't a woman."

"Hm?" He looked at Sonic, "Do you identify as something else?"

"Sonic's male," I clarified.

"Forive me Sonic, I didn't mean to offend you," I had never once heard my dad apologize!

"Oh I really don't mind sir- er Doom. I honestly don't care if I'm called male or female. I'm more neutral about it," Sonic replied, most guys are usually pissed when called anything femanie. But Sonic respects everyone, female or other wise... just what is he?

  After diner Doom spoke with Sonic some more. I learned about him, and how he can change someone's heart with just one conversation.

Sonic; his favorite color is sea foam blue, he loves to play music and is very talented, and he loves running. He made my dad more open and cheerful with one dinner. Every rumor I heard about his was wrong, because he was so much more than that. Sonic... I just might fall for you one day.

~~~