Opposites Attract | A Michael...

Par Raylena_

op·po·site ˈäpəzət -diametrically different; of a contrary kind. Lauryn has been in the fast life for almost... Plus

Preview of Opposites Attract
Opposites Attract I: Part 1- Diamond Girl
Opposites Attract I: Part 2 - Another Side of Her
Opposites Attract I: Part 3 - Perfect One
Opposites Attract I: Part 4 - You're Everything
Opposites Attract I: Part 5 - I Got You
Opposites Attract: Part 6 - Sugar Baby
Opposites Attract: Part 7 - The Past Remains There
Opposites Attract I: Part 8 - A New Love
Opposites Attract I: Part 9 - It's Me
Opposites Attract I: Part 10 - Her Adonis
Part 11: "I should have done this a long time ago."
Opposites Attract I: Part 12 - When It Rains, It Pours
Opposites Attract I: Part 13: Moving On So Fast
Opposites Attract I: Part 14: Irrational Choice
Opposites Attract I: Part 15 - Foul Play
Opposites Attract I: Part 17 - I Can't Get Over You
Part 17: "Get out."
Part 18: "I'm coming with you."
Part 19: "Starting fresh."
Part 20: Promises
Part 21: Half of us
Part 22: Adjusting to Changes
Part 23: Unfolding the Truth
Part 25: New ties
Part 26: My forever
Part 27: Glory
Opposites Attract: Part 1 - Compromise
Opposites Attract: Part 2 - Boundaries
Opposites Attract II: Part 3 - Balance
Opposites Attract II: Part 4 - Choices
Opposites Attract II: Part 5 - The City of Romance
Opposites Attract II: Part 6 - Back to the Basics
Opposites Attract II: Part 7 - Private life, maybe?
Opposites Attract II: Part 8 - A Change of Heart
Opposites Attract II: Part 9 - A Little White Lie
Opposites Attract II: Part 10 - Caught Up
Opposites Attract II: Part 11 - Family Man
Opposites Attract II: Part 12 - Unexpected Feelings
Opposites Attract II: Part 13 - Supposedly Brothers
Opposites Attract II: Part 14 - More Secrets
Opposites Attract II: Part 15 - Letting Loose
Opposites Attract II: Part 14 - Salacious Thoughts of You
Opposites Attract II: Part 15 - Daddy's Little Girl
Opposites Attract II: Part 16 - Don't Let Me Go
Opposites Attract II: Part 17 - The Obession
Opposites Attract II: Part 18 - No More Tears to Cry
Opposites Attract II: Part 19 - Emotional Transitions
Opposites Attract II: Part 20 - Almost Doesn't Count
Opposites Attract II: Part 21 - First Holiday
Opposites Attract II: Part 22 - I Need You the Most
Opposites Attract II: Part 23 - A Lie Would've Been Better
Opposites Attract II: Part 24 - Unexpected
Opposites Attract II: Part 25 - Nobody Else
Opposites Attract II: Part 26- With You

Part 24: Life is full of suprises

3K 140 27
Par Raylena_

"Olivia and I used to run drugs for him when we danced...it started off as a favor and more pocket money for us. We were so young maybe 22 or 23, I don't know. We knew each other for a while before I decided to take things further with him. It was planned to be done in a two months span. Liv wanted to continue it because she had things to pay for. I was so fucking blinded by money. I've just...the money I was getting, I've never seen that much before. And at the time, he was so good to me. Everything changed when he began to steal money from his connect. He never had proof but his connection suspected it. Was his name Eddie? Yeah, Eddie, that's right. Things took a wild turn and that's when he got into trouble. Our relationship changed. Olivia stopped dancing because of that shit and also because she started fighting a lot at the club."

I could tell she was becoming uncomfortable. "It's all right, babe. I'm listening." I kiss her hand and lightly stroke it.

"Eddie has even shown up to the club a few times looking for him and his money. I let him know it wasn't Liv and I fault and Eddie let us slide because he knew we were innocent. He never wanted to hurt us or anything. All he wanted was his money. That's it. We found out that Armand tried to put us as the ones who were stealing money. I tried my best to get out after that but I was already wrapped into that agreement with him and I was stupid and money hungry." She laid her head back on the chair and closed her eyes. "I'm so sorry. I wish I could go back and change my choices."

"You can't. All you have to do is move forward and I'm going to get us out of this shit. I promise but you need to do your part."

"That is?"

"Call your best friend. You need her and I know she needs you." From her body language, I could tell it was something that she did not want to do. "I'm not playing. You better call her before the day is over."

"Things did not end good between us. I don't know if it's a good idea."

"If she's your real friend, that I don't doubt, she will listen to whatever you have to say. Today has been long and I'm tired. I love you."

"I love you, Mike."

I bend down and kiss her lips and lift up her shirt to kiss her bare stomach.

I leave her on the balcony to think about her decisions. When I come back from my shower I hear her talking softly on the phone.

"I'm sorry for what I said. Listen to me. We need to fix this."

I turn away and smile at her decision to call her.

A week later in Los Angeles

"Lauryn, Come on. You're going to be late for the baby shower."

I roll my eyes and put on my sandals. "Maybe if you help me put my shoes on, I would be able to move faster." I try various positions to tie the strap but I could not get to it. I put my foot on the ottoman and wait for him to walk into our bedroom. "Stop stomping your feet!"

"If you don't get your ass on." He bends over and trails his finger up my dress. "Your feet are so pretty. Maybe, I don't mind being late."

"No, keep that same energy. Tie my strap!"

"Come on." He kisses trail my foot and up my leg. "Your legs are too."

"We are already having sex anyway three times a day. I know the twins are tired of the rumbling." I was making excuses so he would stop and so we could be on time. His hand pulled up my dress and he snatches off my panties. "What did I tell you about ripping my clothes?"

"I'll buy you some more and then some." His tongue grazes my neck as he fingers me. "Lay back." He whispers in my ear as he entered me slowly.

My eyes roll back and I couldn't say anything but let what I wanted to happen to take place.

**

We arrived thirty minutes late for our celebration and the decorations were so beautiful. Justine really did her job well. Being around our friends and family made me more excited for Melanie and Michael Jr. to make their grand entrance into the world.

"How do you like it?" She passes me a plate with a big smile plastered on her face.

I stuff my face with a chicken wing. "I'm sooo hungry. Michael was supposed to be coming with my plate. Oh yeah, It's beautiful. The jungle theme is something I've never seen before. Thank you! Give me a hug!"

She bends over and hugs me tightly. "You're welcome. I have so many surprises for you today and games to play. But Michael stepped out for a minute and gave me this plate to give to you."

"Oh. You know why?"

"He had his phone to his ear so I'm guessing a phone call?"

"Oh..tell him to come to me when he is done." I stuff my mouth with another bite and lean back in the chair.

I hope this isn't about that situation from last week. Since that night, we haven't talked about it. I'm glad we aren't because we are becoming closer from spending as much time together before the twins come. He's been more attentive since I expressed that I wanted him home more. He's even slowed down the process of building the outreach center he planned on opening in a few weeks. I took maternity leave from the office and won't be back for the next three months. I couldn't leave my clients to someone else because many refused to change accountants. So, I still work privately in my home.

"Lauryn! You look so beautiful. I love the short hair." Jamila, Michael's sister swiftly walks over to rub my stomach.

I give her a hug and still look around for Michael to join me in the fun. I had no luck.

"Thank you. I decided to try a new style. Where's Ms. Donna?"

"Didn't we tell you to call her mom? But anyway she's on her way. Michael caught her outside of the building and had to talk to her. He told me to tell you he's coming in a moment."

"I hope so. We're about to wrap things up in a little while because we are about to start opening gifts."

"You have enough of those from what it looks like." She joked. "Open mine first though."

"I'll be sure to. Let me go get him. He almost missed everything."

She smirks at me and positioned the chair so I can sit. "No. You need to calm down.  I told you he will be on his way."

Something weird is going on and I don't like it at all. If this is a surprise, he already knows I don't like them too much.

Justine positions everyone to take their seats and there came Michael, jogging to sit in the chair next to me.

"Where have you been?" I say sternly.

"Taking care of some business. I'm sorry I walked out like that."

"It's not dealing with you know who. Right?"

"Mmmm. I don't want to talk about that. It was business related. Don't worry. Love you." He pecks me on the cheek.

"Mhm. Now help me open these gifts. I'm tired as hell."

He chuckles and begins opening gifts for me. "Shut up before I make you wobble some more before we leave. You've been too feisty lately and giving you dick every day doesn't seem to be working." He leans over to clench my waist and whispers in my ear, "What I got to do ma to make that shit stop?"

His raspy voice made my stomach curl in knots and made me wet all over again. My body became weak for him and I clasped my hands together. "I don't know, daddy. Maybe not get me pregnant again."

"Umph! Not happening. My pull out game is weak for you. I'm still trying to figure out how you ain't get pregnant when we first started fucking."

"By the grace of God." I joked.

"Yes! By the grace of God! Even if you did, I promise it wouldn't change shit because I feel the exact same way for you back then as I do now. I knew you were the one for me and I'm so happy you're carrying my kids. You remember that first night we laid in the bed?"

"Mhm."

"I wanted to tell you I love you then. Our connection was so beautiful and genuine. I never felt that before. I'm glad we're here now and I'm with you."

He sits one of the gifts down to kiss me on the lips. Cameras began to flash and awe's filled the room. I couldn't do anything but smile. After opening so many gifts, I became exhausted from moving so much. I wanted to stop and open the rest later.

"Look, babe. This is the last one. It's from me."

"Come on now. You've spent thousands on the babies already. They didn't need anything else I hope."

"Put this blindfold on." He said with a smile.

I roll my eyes and chuckle. "Really?"

"Yes. Please." His dimples fall into his cheeks as he smiled at me. He made it so hard to resist him.

I groan and turn around to allow him to place it on. I could see the guest grinning at us. What's is it that I don't know that they do?

I grab his hand and walk with him wherever he is taking me. I felt the sun hit my skin and people talking outside. He let my hand go and I stood there patiently for him to reveal this surprise. The fold is taken off.

"Open your eyes."

There he is...on a bended knee with a big diamond in his hand. Behind him is a brand new pearl white Mercedes that I didn't expect to get.

I cover my face to stop the tears from falling down. I can not believe this is happening. He is seriously wanting to marry me.

"Look at me, baby. I love you."

I wipe my tears away. "I love you, too."

"Being with you for the past ten months has been the best part of my life. During seven, well eight today, has brought us much closer since we made something so beautiful together. Never have I loved someone as much as I love you and our babies. I want you to be my wife, Lauryn. I'm willing to commit to you for the rest of my life. Will you marry me?"

"Yes! Yes yes yes!"

He removes the ring he bought me before and places a new one in its old spot. He pulls out a set of keys out of his pocket. "Don't forget your keys, ma? I got you this because your two-seater wasn't going to do it anymore with a bigger family. Plus, you love driving my Mercedes. I had to get you your own."

"Thank you, baby! I can't wait to drive this home. You can put all of the gifts in your truck. I'll meet you at home."

"So, no more attitude, huh?"

"I mean if this is what you were doing while I was looking for you then, no." I smirk at him.

"Let me find out you are scamming me out of shit, Lauryn." He jokes with me.

"I won't never, baby."

**

After the baby shower, I was overworked from all of the festivities that went on. I take a long bath as I wait for Michael to come home. I laid the back of my head on his chest as he held me close. His hands laid on my stomach as he laid his head back. I toyed with my ring as I gazed at it.

"I know what you're thinking. Don't worry about how much I spent on that. Just know, it was with every dollar, okay?" He kisses my finger.

"It's beautiful. I never thought this would be me. Today was perfect and I haven't been happy like this in... I don't know. I just want you to know, I am so grateful for you."

He kisses my neck. "I feel the same way. Everything is going to be good between us after all of that is taken care of. You and I won't have to worry about it anymore."

"I believe you. I can't wait for it to be how it's supposed to be."

"Me too."

After our bath, we decided to binge watch Power and snack on the delicious food from our baby shower.

"If my son comes out like Tyrik..." I said.

"Throw the whole son away." He jokes. "I'm just playing. I might just knock him out though."

"For real though!" The doorbell rang. "You were expecting someone?"

He turns back to the door and it rings again. "Nah, babe. I'll be right back. Let me check."

I stood on the side of the column in the living room peeking at who Michael let in. I hear slight chatter but I could not make out a voice. I walk to the door and see someone I never thought I would see again.

There she was staring at me. My best friend and confidant. She ran over to hug me and I held her tightly. Tears stream down from both of our faces as we held each other.

"I'm sorry, Lauryn. I should have never talked to you like that. I missed you so much. I'm sorry. You didn't deserve what I did to you. "

"I should have told you why. I'm sorry."

"No...I should have been more understanding. Don't apologize."

We embrace for so long. I never thought I would miss her this much. I thought our friendship was over indefinitely. When I called her, she still acted like she didn't want to talk.

"I'm sorry I missed the shower. My flight was delayed because of the bad weather in Atlanta. You look beautiful...look at those cheeks." She touched my stomach and hugs me again. "I knew you would get pregnant by a rich man. You better marry him. He got money. "
She looks back at Michael and whispers her last words to me.

I laugh so hard that the babies began to move. I rub my stomach to try to ease the pain. "Ooo. I missed you making me laugh. You cut your hair short and still look prettier than ever. He asked me today too!" I show her the ring.

"Oh my God! It's so beautiful! I'm so happy for you. I feel so bad that I missed it!" We walk to the couch still connected by the hip. "We have so much to catch up on. When Michael called, I had to come."

I look back at him. "I had to call her in confirmation that everything was good between you two. Plus you know the other reason why."

"I heard about that bastard. Here this is what I got on him." She reaches out of her purse to pass a folder to me. Michael walks over and peeks over my shoulder at the papers. "So, I did some researching and luckily I know some politicians that can have access to this. All the shit that's in this folder will have him running from the States." Olivia smirks.

"How did you get this?" I say before opening the folder.

"You know me, girl. Being nice and shit. Regular things I do to get what I want. You know I used my assets."

I already knew what she was talking about. So, I didn't want to know more. I open the folder and begin reading. "Oh, my God."

The words on the paper became our saving grace...

AN:
I wonder what it says on the documents. 🌚🌚

My book is almost at 1,000 votes! Thank you all for reading and voting. I appreciate it every notification I get. ❤️❤️❤️

Comment and vote. 💓💓💓

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

3.7K 373 16
Sequel to "Us" Sometimes you can get so busy trying to stay alive, you forget to live in the moment. After a series of events makes them realize what...
67.2K 2.2K 20
𝓞𝓷𝓰𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰... ❝I want you baby,❞ the deep whisper slipped past my lips, and she closed her eyes when my nose traced the faint pulse against her n...
5.3K 156 10
Dinah left after they graduated in highschool, pursue her college without telling it to Normani, her bestfriend, because of her feelings towards the...
1.5M 39.5K 73
[ Featured Wattpad Editors Pick ] "𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞, 𝐲𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝...