Without You | Sesshomaru

By LyraUlric

An unknown force draws Lyra, Kagome's cousin, to the Higurashi shrine. After accidentally falling into it, sh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 14 - Lemon
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 23 - Lemon
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59

Chapter 50

5.5K 186 37
By LyraUlric

Sesshomaru dug his nails a little into her throat. Lyra was frozen, unable to think straight at all. She breathed out shakily. It didn't make sense. She couldn't understand why he was so angry.

"Speak, Lyra," he said in a frighteningly calm tone. "Who is Mikazuki?"
"Why d-d-does it matter?" she trembled.
"Who is Mikazuki?" he repeated.
She gulped. "He... I've only dreamt of him twice b-but...I... I believe he is my son..."

His eyes widened at her answer and he instantly let go of her. His action only confused her more but she was grateful he let go. Taking a step away, she turned to face him to see him staring at her in shock.

She frowned in confusion. "What is it?"
He breathed out deeply and forced his heart to calm down its erratic beating. "I've dreamt of him once before. I do not sleep often but when I did, a baby appeared in my dream." He sat down and closed his eyes. "He was crying so I called out to him. His name was Mikazuki. But..." he sighed, "I knew he was my son. I woke up believing it was a silly dream but I'm unable to get it out of my mind. When you spoke his name in your sleep, it didn't make sense."
Lyra's heart panged uncomfortably. "Sesshomaru, you... You were also in my dream."
His head snapped up to look at her. "What?" he asked in shock, his brows furrowing slightly.
"You were standing in front of a palace, which oddly looked very similar to the Imperial Palace," she told him. "You weren't wearing a suit but traditional high class clothing."
He lowered his gaze to the ground and clenched his fists. "What connection do we have to one another? Why does this world not feel like home? And what is it that draws me to you?"

Lyra watched him. Tears were welling up in her eyes but she didn't know why. There must be some connection between them but she couldn't understand why they would both dream of the same baby and how they both felt that he was their son. She quickly wiped away her tears as they fell. They both were trying hard to connect it all together but it seemed there was still one piece missing.

Lyra believed she knew what the missing piece was.

"I would like to return to my apartment, please," she requested quietly.

He looked up at her for a few seconds before agreeing with a simple nod of his head. Without saying anything more, he got up and they both left his office. They were silent as they made their way down. The security guard simply bowed as they walked passed, agreeing to keep his mouth shut with the bribe.

As they left the building, Hokori sat in her car across the street and a little behind so that she wasn't spotted. She fumed upon seeing Sesshomaru and Lyra walk out together. She had seen his car parked outside the office whilst she was looking for him that morning. She had been waiting for him at his home but since he didn't return, she went to search for him instead. Witnessing him with Lyra, both of them in the same clothes from the night before, she knew exactly how they had spent the night. She watched how Sesshomaru opened the door for her and let her in before going into his side and driving off. Her hands squeezed around the steering wheel as if it was Lyra's neck. She had to get rid of her once and for all.

A deep voice echoed in her mind. "Kill her, Hokori. Kill Lyra. She stole your precious Sesshomaru from you." The voice chuckled evilly. "Make sure she receives a fitting punishment."
"Yes, Lord Naraku."

***

As soon as Lyra got out of the car and entered her apartment building, Sesshomaru left. Lyra entered her apartment and hurriedly showered before getting dressed. She hadn't been there even half an hour before she was back out again, making her way to the hospital as if she was on a mission.

She had to see Kanda. He was the missing piece. She believed he knew more about her than he was letting on and hoped it would fill the gap to link her story with Sesshomaru. Upon arriving at the hospital, she had a vague idea of what department he was in. It was her first time there so she wasn't too sure. Finding the department's reception desk, she saw a nurse sitting behind it and approached.

"Um, excuse me. Could you point me in the direction of Doctor Hideki's office, please?"

The nurse looked up from her computer screen only for her eyes to widen in shock. Slowly, she lifted her hand and pointed in the general direction to the right, the rest of her body becoming frozen. Lyra found her behaviour strange but simply smiled with a nod.

"Thank you."

She followed the nurse's direction before quickly glancing back over her shoulder to see her still staring. It was as if she had seen a ghost. Sighing quietly, she continued on with her search. Just a few doors later, she found the room which had his name plack on. After knocking, she heard the call to enter and opened the door.

Kanda glanced up and did a double take upon seeing Lyra there. He hadn't been expecting her to be there and was in complete surprise. She closed the door behind her and walked over to his desk as he stood up.

"Lyra? What are you doing here?" he asked, walking out from behind his desk.
She looked up directly into his eyes and breathed out deeply. "I need your help."
"Okay." He motioned to the small couch opposite his desk. "Take a seat."

She sat down on one end as he joined her but she stared off into space. It was difficult trying to find the right thing to say and how to bring it up. Kanda could tell it was something serious and he hoped his plan had worked.

"Is...everything okay?" he asked with concern.
She finally looked at him. "Who am I?"
His brows furrowed together. "What?"
"Who am I?" she repeated.
He shook his head slightly. "What do you mean?"
She sighed quietly as she thought back. "One day I just woke up in some random apartment with some random life that I didn't remember. But at the same time, I knew that that was my life. Nothing felt right, yet at the same time...I accepted it." She took hold of his hand. "You were the only one who seemed to know more about me than I knew myself. And then there's Sesshomaru..." She breathed out, staring at the small coffee table as he waited on bated breath. "There was something about him when I first met him. His eyes... They felt so familiar. I dreamt about him and he was standing outside the Imperial Palace. And last night after the party..." She slipped her hand out of his and kept them balled up in fists in her lap. "Last night..."

She sniffed quietly and wiped away the tears that quickly slipped from her eyes and down her cheeks. Kanda frowned softly and reached out to place his hand over hers.

"What happened last night?" he asked softly.
She stared down at his hand over hers. "I-I... I spent the night with Sesshomaru."
Kanda raised his brows. "And?" he asked hopefully.
Lyra suddenly became really confused as she looked up at him. "What? Didn't you hear what I said? I slept with another man."
"Yeah, I know. But did you feel anything afterwards?"
She blinked a couple of times. "Like guilt?"
He shook his head. "Did you remember anything?"
"Kanda, you... You're confusing me..."
"Lyra, listen to me. What happened after that?"
She remained confused but answered him, thinking it was probably his way of dealing with it. "Well, he got angry with me because I mentioned Mikazuki and-"
"Your son?"
"Yes. How..." She tilted her head slightly. "How did you know that?"
Kanda heaved a heavy sigh. "I'm afraid I haven't been completely honest with you, Lyra."
She felt apprehensive. "Okay..."
He looked directly into her eyes. "That day I found you at the Imperial Palace, I was shocked to see you there. You had left months ago and the last time I saw you, I was giving you an ultrasound scan."

Lyra just stared at him blankly. This wasn't how Kanda wanted to reveal everything to her simply because it could become overwhelming for her. The sudden shock to her brain could harm her but she was questioning things sooner than he had planned. She remained silent, her mind slowly becoming frazzled. Her silence was his sign to continue.

"Sesshomaru was also there," he told her. "You both were due to have a baby and you both knew you were having a boy."
"Mikazuki... He really is my son..."
He nodded once. "You returned to your time and-"
"My time?" she asked, becoming more confused.
"Yes. Feudal era Japan. The Imperial Palace that is now a tourist attraction is actually yours and Sesshomaru's home."
Not wanting to overreact, she gulped slowly. "So, you were my doctor?"
"Not exactly..." With a sigh, he stood up and walked over to his desk. "Our past was a little more complicated."

He grabbed the frame from his desk and went back to the couch. Lyra watched his face as he longingly looked at the photo, which she wasn't able to see. She was curious. As he handed it over to her, she was almost frightened to take it. But she did slowly. Turning the frame to see the photo, her eyes widened.

"That's us," she gasped, quickly glancing at Kanda before going back to the photo.

They were both smiling in the picture. She was wearing a very expensive looking dress and on her finger was the largest diamond ring she had ever seen.

"We did know each other," she whispered.
Kanda sighed deeply. "We were engaged. In fact, we were betrothed via a pact made by our grandfathers and fathers. They were best friends and made a pact for us to be married," he explained to her. "But you were in love with Sesshomaru. Still, you agreed to marry me to keep me and your father happy."
A tear fell from her lashes and dripped onto the frame. "My father..."

She had never once thought about her father since awakening that day just over one month ago. Suddenly, flashes of images filled her mind. Her eyes closed as she began to feel dizzy, her hands moving to hold her head. Snapshots of the life she couldn't remember completely took over. Her father, Kanda, Sesshomaru, Kagome, Rin, Inuyasha, Jaken, Mikazuki, Naraku...

Her eyes snapped open as she shot up from the couch. Kanda quickly stood and held her shoulders. In seconds, her breathing was heavy. Panic set in and she began hyperventilating, speaking words unintelligibly.

"Lyra, what is it?" Kanda asked worriedly.
She pushed his arms away and walked passed him. "I have to go. Mikazuki's in danger. I have to save him."

She went towards the door and opened it to leave. Kanda hurriedly rushed over and grabbed her wrist.

"Lyra, I need you to calm down," he said calmly.

She was still breathing erratically and that's what Kanda was worried about. Tears streamed down her cheeks but she wasn't sobbing as she tried to set herself free from his grip. She had remembered everything but she couldn't think straight. All she knew is that she had to get to Mikazuki as soon as possible.

"Kanda, let go of me!" she suddenly yelled, causing the people outside to look in their direction. "He's in danger..."
His grip tightened. "How is he in danger?" he asked, still remaining calm.
"Naraku's got him."

She pulled her hand out of his grip and began to follow the exit signs as quickly as possible. She was still feeling extremely dizzy and Kanda could see her swaying as she walked. Still, she marched on in a hurry. People in the hospital watched in silence as he rushed after her, going in front and holding her shoulders to stop her.

She frowned up at him. "Get out of my way."
"This is too much for your brain to handle right now," he tried to explain calmly. "You're overexerting yourself."
"I've already wasted too much time here, Kanda," she said as tears of frustration rolled down her cheeks. She wanted to yell at him but her mind was all over the place. "Don't try to stop me or I will never forgive you."

Kanda sighed deeply and reluctantly let go of her, not watching as she walked away. She mumbled a quick thank you and hurriedly made her way towards the exit. The nurse at the reception took the chance and went to him.

"I think I'm going crazy but...wasn't that Lyra? Your fiancé who died in the accident?"
Kanda looked at her and shook her head. "No."

Leaving the nurse even more confused, he returned to his office. He walked over to the window and stared at nothing in particular. 'I need to help her... But how..?'

Outside the hospital, Lyra was almost tripping over her own two feet as she held onto her head. Everything was spinning and her head felt as though it was going to explode. She needed to find Sesshomaru and fast. The world seemed to be moving double time and she didn't realise she had stepped out onto an open road. It was quiet, only one car driving passed on the other side. However, one person had set her as the target.

Hokori had been waiting for her to appear again and it was the perfect opportunity. Revving the engine, the tyres skidded against the tarmac as she sped towards Lyra.

Lyra's head began to pound painfully to the point she had to stop walking and clutch onto her head. By the time other pedestrians witnessed what was going to happen and tried calling for her to move, it was too late.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 1.1K 52
Tyra is the oldest cousin to Kagome, who's a foreigner from America, and due to bullying, her eyes were sprayed with bear spray, damaging her retinas...
82.9K 3.2K 22
A demons slayer names Nayumi crosses paths with her sister. The same sister she thought was dead. To make things worse, she finds out that her little...
817 19 25
Ghirahim discovers a strange entity in the woods. What follows is something neither of them would have expected. Note: This fanfiction includes ele...
1.5K 74 14
You were a special girl with amazing powers to control both positivity and negativity, but one day you found a strange place in the woods and fall in...