Glorybringer a Wings of Fire...

By Zana_Zoola14

It was just a normal day in her kingdom when Glory fell down ill. Having to leave the forest and get locked u... More

The Original
The Truth (Author's POV)
A new dawn (Glory's POV)
Their secret (Author's POV)
The illness (Author's POV)
Friends (Deathbringer's POV)
The flight (Author's POV)
Sunset (Deathbringer's POV)
Settling in (Deathbringer's POV)
Wood (Deathbringer's POV)
True colours (Author's POV)
Surprise! (Author's POV)
They know (Author's POV)
Questions (Parrots POV)
Informative (Glory's POV)
Coming (Sunny's POV)
Hatching (Author's POV)
Students (Glory's POV)
News (Author's POV)
Home (Glory's POV)
Fury (Author's POV)
Mangos (Gems' POV)
The Riddle (RainHeart's POV)
Riddles Answer (Deathbringer's POV)
It's out (Banana's POV)
AN
AN
The rewrite!
The Truth
A New Dawn
Their Secret
The Illness
Friends
The Flight
Sunset
Setting In
Wood
True Colours
The Reason
Food
Bodyguard

Playful much (Glory's POV)

1.3K 11 21
By Zana_Zoola14

There was a tugging at my tail, sadly pulling me from the sleep. "What do you want Deathbringer?" I asked the grown dragon who was smirking at me from the end of the bed.
"Oh, I just came up with the most amazing prank/stunt/whatever you want to call it, that we could pull to get back at Gems for pulling that riddle!" He said, his smirk only growing.
"Ok," I started, a smirk growing on my snout, "what do you say that we do?"

Time Skip

Everything was in position, all the notes were left in place, dragons stations to 'accidentally' bump into them, knocking them of course. We just had to wait for them to wake up so that the games could commence. This was going to be so fun.

(Gems' POV)

Waking up, I stretched out like one of those cat things that you can find all over the place. Just as I was about to step out of my hammock, I felt something tied around my talons, meaning that when I went to step out, I fell out instead. This loud THUMP woke up all my siblings, which only means more 'fun' for me, yay! Looking around after being startled awake, they saw me laying in a bundle on the floor, causing them to forget about their surprise wake up call, and laugh at me instead. I had a feeling that someone else was watching me, just as Luke appeared around the corner. That must of been who was watching me. "Oh, hey Luke, could I have a hand getting up and getting off whatever is wrapped around my talons?" I asked him. He nodded, coming over and helping me out.

(Glory's POV) [Camoflaged]

NO NO NO!!! This is not going to plan, she was not meant to have Luke's help so early on. Well, it could still work, but may not be as long or as funny anymore. Just as Luke was taking off the rope, that I luckily managed to get wrapped around Gems' talons without waking her up, he saw the note that was tied to it. YES! I guess that it may still work! "Follow these notes, jumping from place to place, find the ones who you had previously troubled. Your clue is already written on this message." Luke said, reading the message to Gems. "Hum, you already have your clue, I had already read it out to you. What could the clue be?"
"'Jumping from place to place', that could be the clue! Where do you jump? I know the place where hatchlings learn to fly, where they jump about, flapping their wings, trying to get from place to place." Gems said, coming to the correct conclusion far quicker then I would have hoped. As they were leaving, I jumped out of the window, its funny how I am normally shouting at others not to do what I just did, but, oh well, its what needs to be done so that I can get back at the pair of them. I glided above them, as flying and flapping my wings may draw attention to myself, giving myself away, that would ruin all the fun.

They walked across all the criss-cross paths that had been added in more recent, as there was not always enough room for the NightWings to fly about, as they were not used to the jungle just as yet, unlike the RainWings that had lived here for most of their lives. Well, only a few have not spent all there lives here, and now with the academy, that number is dropping. I only see Kink so rarely now, as she likes to spend her whole time at that same academy, I think that she may even become a teacher there, because she spends all her time there, only times that I do see her is when she goes to the Ice Kingdom with Winter, but sometimes that can only be a couple times a year. They did spend a considerable amount of time up there a while ago, SHOOT! I'm getting off track again!

Damn, I've lost track of... No, there they are, they are by the 'Learn to fly' school play place. Really! Who names these places?!! Ah, they've seen the note, it's really lucky that it is so early, so that no other hatchlings have seen the notes. They really did wake up early, the sun has not even risen yet! "Where you first meet your fav food, what cou... Oh, it means where you first had a mango!" Luke stated. Aww, they're taking it in turns figuring out what each mini-riddle means! Wow, I really am changing! I would never be like this before, the only reason that the two of us could come up with this is because of the stunt that Gems had pulled on us, so it's her own fault that she has to deal with this, especially so early in the day. Well, it does mean that they will be done by sun time at least.

They set off, straight into the air, nearly flying straight into me, if they were just a bit more to the right. I'm also following them to see if they need any help, as we are getting hatchlings that are less then half a year old to do a riddle clued hunt. Something that even fully grown dragons, proven by Deathbringer, who could not work out some of the clues that they will be coming across later.

Just as planned, they flew straight to that place that they had got the mango's from when they first met, just as the storekeeper was opening up, what a huge 'coincidence', must have been a stroke of luck. Well, that would be what the two of them must be thinking, but that same storekeeper was part of the plan, as he would open it up, right in front of them, so that they could see the note, and to slow them down, but not keep them waiting for too long. "Who says you can't have fun, why would you think not, its only a little fun in the water?" Luke read out. I could see that they were confused even from here. Oh, there is a helpful clue dragon coming, each one will hold a clue that can help out, as not even the 'amazing' Deathbringer could figure out the meaning of this. 'Sirius'ly, he could not get it, we gave up waiting for him to work it out, that is why we thought that they may need some help on this clue.
"Have you seen the grass in the meadow, it's so so soft!" I heard the RainWing say, before scuttling off, probably to go back to sleep.

I could still see that they were confused, which is understandable really, they may not have been aware of that little prank, though they may also, as it did seem like they all were involved, by the way, that it was worded yesterday. They wondered as they tried to understand the last clue that they had found, I don't even think that they understand that the previous RainWing was giving them a helpful clue, well the nest one delivering the clue should have them listening on, as they know her. Just as I thought this, RainHeart came round the corner. "Hey, you two, what you doing up so early?" She asked the pair of them.
"Oh, we're just on this hunt, with riddles as the clues. Hey, would you know what it could mean?" Luke then asked her. Shoot! I did not think that he would ask that. From the building that I'm standing on, I can see the discomfort that RainHeart is in, but this could also work, as it means that she could give them the clue really simple and not sound silly in the process.
"Oh, ok, yeah I guess I could." She replied, well I guess that she has also had the same mindset as me.
"The next one said, 'who says you can't have fun, why would you think not, it's only a little fun in the water?' Then, which was really odd, a RainWing came by and said, 'have you seen the grass in the meadow, it's so so soft!' I think that this could also be a clue but it may not?" Gems said to RainHeart.

"Well, I don't think I understand the riddle or the clue, but I also think that the dragon that said that was giving you a clue. Also, did you hear, your siblings set up a meeting plaything for your parents, they got the dragonets of destiny together, it was in this grassy meadow, with a lake, in the end, they just had a water fight! Well, I guess you already knew this but I just had to say it anyway!" She said, sounding like an overly excited fandragon or something, I don't know how she got her voice to reach that noise level, or to say so much so quickly?! Just as she turned to leave, Gems grabbed her wrist, stopping her from leaving.
"Do you know where this meadow is by any chance?" She asked RainHeart. So, she has got the clue, she does seem to have a mind for these sort of things.
"Oh, just by the royal hut there is an animal trail if you follow that it will take you straight there." She said before walking off. Well, I guess I best get going so that I am there when they reach the meadow. Don't want them realising that I was following them that will not end well. All the rest of the hatchlings should already be there as I had one of the guards tell them to meet their father in the meadow.

I jumped from the building that I was occupying and flew over the trees landing in the meadow, before sneaking up on Deathbringer. Just as I was reaching him, he turned to face me with a huge, egotistic smirk on his face, before he jumped landing on me. My scales flashed a dangerous red, although he did not seem to worry, before I started flashing every colour under the sun, succeeding in confusing him, allowing me to push him off me. I jumped straight onto him, wrapping my talons around the bass of his head, my wings keeping his in place. He froze, as he felt me press into his neck, right where the main artery is. "Glory, ok, you win, I surrender, you got me, now, could you get off, they will be coming soon." He said, and only now I could hear the noise of the pair of them approaching. I could also hear the quite cheers of the rest of our hatchlings cheering me on, as I had won this little match. I slowly crawled off of Deathbringer, watching him, making sure that he was not joking about his surrender.

Just as I had sat down next to him, the pair of them came round the corner, you could see the realisation come to Gems, as she whispered something to herself, putting it all together. "Yes, we could be counted as ones that you had previously troubled, that riddle caused your father to be distracted for ages, more then he would like to emit," I called out to them, as they made there way over to us. Wow, I still can not get over the fact that I and Deathbringer are parents now!

"Why, that riddle was really simple?" She asked, her voice laced with sarcasm, and a smug smirk wrote across her snout. As she made her way over to us, I could see that Luke was holding back a smirk, and his shoulders were shaking as he tried to prevent himself from laughing. "Oh, you did not figure out that riddle, even when you knew the answer! So I don't know what you are laughing about?" She said to Luke when they had made there way over to us.

It was now our time to hold back our laughs, at the little bickering that then started between the two of them. "As much as it humours me to watch this happen, we must get going, we have a 'slight' trip to go on." And with that final note, I jumped straight up into the air. 

Time Skip

We just reached Jade Mountain Academy, most of them sitting on mine or Deathbringer's back for the last leg of it.

We came to rest just at the doorway, the hatchlings sliding off our backs. Before we walked in together and started to head towards Sunny's office.

I have not 'lost interest' in writing this as such, but can not find a way of bringing forwards a story from this. Sorry to anyone who was enjoying this. But if any of you have an idea for this story, don't be afraid to adopt it or to see whether I could write it into this story if that would be preferred.
I have made it to big and bold at the start, rushing into the different parts, meaning that I have not left room for me to continue it.
Sorry, again, I truly am.

In this part, I have left a clue to a story that I am writing, which will most likely not be out for quite some time, as I am more focused on trying to finish the published ones and to finish it completely before releasing it. I am working on the third part of it currently and at this point of writing it is close to 9000 words in that part only and is one of longest I have ever done, so is going to take some time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.6K 441 24
This story takes place between book 3 and 5. Glory is still Queen of the RainWings and the NightWings. Sunny secretly ships them, and things really d...
19.2K 225 12
Everything was fine, normal even. Glory didn't have to worry about the constant fear that Deathbringer was going to fall in love with someone else. D...
798K 11.2K 95
This is a story about Glory and Deathbringer's life together and their dragonets. Plus their dragonet's adventures at Jade Mountain Academy. Please...
9.8K 255 65
"From the ashes. The strongest will rise." She said, the eye of Onyx glistening in her talons against the moonlight over head. "I'm going to stop poi...