Alpha's Lone Witch

By dr3amstar

Andrew Crescent was cursed to have the memories of his reincarnation, William Crescent. The Trials, the war... More

Small Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 2

9K 324 25
By dr3amstar

Picture of Andrew on the side - - - >

Chapter 2

Andrew's POV

"And to think, I finally found my mate." 

I shook my head.

'No need to be thinking of this Andrew' I reminded myself. I needed to pay attention to the meeting at hand. 

I was currently in my office with my parents, Nora and my Beta, Zachary Rain. We were going over some last minute planning for the Witches arrivals tomorrow. Every year, for the past 300 years or so, Witches would come and thank us for our help in saving them during the Trials. I didn't feel it was necessary for them to constantly come but they did.

And none of them were who I was looking for. 

"Nora darling, do you think you could set up the tables outside with your magic?" My mother asked hopefully.

"Of course ma'am." Nora bowed her head in respect. 

Nora was an immortal Witch who has been with our family ever since the Trials saved her. She's never once argued or left our side since then. She always wears a long sleeved dark dress with a white neck line, her black hair in a tight bun and never complains. Rather than a servant or maid, she's like family to us, though she never counts herself as one. She says she'd rather be a maid. Of course we never treat her like one.

"Come darling. Let's set up the tables then." My mother practically skipped outside with Nora walking respectfully behind her. 

I looked back towards my father who was shaking his head at my mother with an amused and loving expression. I felt that same pang in my heart every time I saw the love in his eyes. If only...

"So Andrew, are you excited this year?" He asks me smiling, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

I nodded, "Hopefully I'll find her." I replied smiling. 

My father smiled sadly at me, "Hopefully you will." He patted my shoulder, changing the subject to Alpha duties.

I just wanted tomorrow to come quickly. I wanted to find her, so badly. I desperetly wanted to simply meet her, if that was even possible.

The next day come too slowly for my liking. I was dressed in a black dress shirt and dark jeans. We didn't need to dress to formal; the Witches always insisted we dressed comfortably in case we needed to shift but we never need to. Wolves weren't stupid enough to risk an attack on us when there were hundreds of Witches in our territory. Even Rogues wouldn't risk it. 

After putting some wax in my hair I went downstairs. Nora was waiting for me when I got there. I smiled at her as she bowed her head as usual.

"Sir, the tables are set and some of my Sisters have already arrived. They are outside and currently waiting your arrival. Flower's and gifts that were sent are in the main library" She said with a smile. 

"Thank you Nora." I replied, walking towards the front door eagerly.

"She won't come." Nora suddenly said, making me stop on my tracks. 

Slowly I turned to look at her. She didn't move from where she was standing and was looking straight ahead. 

"The girl you wish to see," She said turning her head to look at me, "She won't come." 

"I know." I whispered after a minute. "But I can only hope." I swallowed. 

Nora stared at me for a little longer before smiling sadly at me, "Forgive me for speaking out of turn sir." She bowed once again. 

I forced a smile, "There's is nothing that needs forgiving." I replied, turning around and quickly walking out the door. I blew out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. I knew Nora was right, I just didn't want to believe it to be true. 

My father looked up when I came out, smiling proudly at me, "Here is my son now Emma." He gestured with his hands to come. 

I walked towards them with a smile on my face. In front of my parents were two girls who looked to be early 20 -most likely immortals-. One was a blond girl with green eyes in a nice floral dress and heels. The other had dark black hair and dark eyes with a long back dress with long sleeves in black boots. The dress looked slightly goth but I made no comment on it. 

"Oh! You must be Richards' son!" The blond one exclaimed. 

I chuckled, "Yes ma'am I am." I replied.

She waved her hand dismissively, "Please, call me Emma." She said rolling her eyes playfully. Emma gestured to her gothic friend, "And this is Vivian. Its a pleasure to meet you." She stuck her hand out. I shook both their hands and made small talk. 

More Witches started gathering and more pleasantry's were made. Many 'congratulations' and 'What an honor'. I recognized some of the Witches from previous years. Some, such as Emma or Vivian, I didn't recognize. 

Two hours passed and no other Witch came through the small portal between to trees in the forest. There was a sort of fog in-between the trees that the Witches come through. From where they came, I had no idea but I found it interesting. After assuring no one else would show, we all sat down to eat.

I was sitting with Zach on my right side and my parents on my left; my fathers Beta, Luke, on his other side. Emma, Vivian, and Nora were sitting across from me. Many of the witches were scattered around eating and talking with their Sisters that they haven't seen in a while or some of my pack members at the other tables. 

"So Andrew," Emma said after a while, shifting in her seat looking uncomfortable. 

I looked up raising an eyebrow, "Yes?" I asked.

Emma stared at me for a second before asking, "Do you remember?"

I didn't need to ask what it was that I remembered so I nodded slowly. 

Emma cleared her throat, "H- how much." She said, her voice cracking slightly. I knew Witches never liked asking about this but they did it anyways, not that I minded. It was nice talking to some people about it. The only person who really understood me were other people who were reincarnated or immortal Witches. The main person I really talked to about it was Zack but only because he was my most trusted friend.

"All of it from that month." I told her. 

Vivian's head snapped up, "Really?" She said shocked -the only emotion i've seen from her today.

I nodded, "Ever since I became Alpha." I told them.

Vivian nodded, "Most likely because he was an Alpha at the time to." she mumbled. Shaking her head and clearing her throat she continued, "But it's impressive how you remember so much. The last reincarnation only remembered bits and pieces as well as the previous one."

I nodded, "So I've heard." I whispered.

The last reincarnation was my great grandfather and he suffered from being mate-less. It wasn't unnatural, some wolves never found their mates. But the only fact was, we actually remembered our mate: us reincarnations. And she knew us too; she just avoided us at all costs.

"If you don't mind me asking ladies," My mother cut in, "I don't know much about all this. What is this... 'reincarnation' you're all talking about exactly." 

My mother was the only one who didn't know about it as well as everyone else who wasn't from the family line of reincarnations. My father wasn't a reincarnation, so he never had to suffer. My mother was his mate from another pack. End of story.

"Oh! It's quite simple actually." Emma chirped, "It happened many years ago during the Trials, when Crescent Moon came and saved us. One of our younger sisters; a new born Witch, became frightened and casted a strong spell around the general area. Anyone within a mile radius was.. in a way to put it, cursed. They were to be reincarnated every couple of generations." Emma explained.

"Does it happen just to Wolves?" My mother inquired.

Vivian shook her head, "It happens to anyone who was in the area. Even animals and insects. The spell was powerful. We've been trying to find a way to break it for years. Especially her." Vivian muttered the last part but we all heard it. 

I froze cutting the steak. My body just.. stopped. No Witch had ever talked about her around me. They wouldn't even tell me her name which I understood. They wanted to give her privacy. I never complain, but I've always wanted to know. At least her name...

I cleared my throat, "Ho- how... uh.. How is she?" I stuttered. Just talking about her got my heart racing and my palms sweaty. I was well aware that she had never shown up at Crescent Moon territory during reincarnation year. But one could still hope.

Emma looked at me with sadness in her eyes but still managed a small smile, "She's fine. Always on the move. Always in trouble." She chuckled and shook her head at the last part, "She's a complete pain but... honestly we love her." She said wistfully.

"Do you think...." I swallowed, I might as well ask, "Do you think you could give me her name?" I asked hopefully. 

Emma looked torn between telling me and keeping it. She was biting her lip hard and looked close to tears. Vivian simply stared at me impassively and even Nora was looking at me with small amount of sympathy. I didn't look to see how my parents or Zach were looking at me. I already knew what I'd see: pity. 

Glancing around I noticed everyone else looking at us as well. Witches and Wolves all watching with the same compassion in their eyes. 

I coughed, "Never mind. That was out of line. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." I rambled, rubbing my neck nervously while looking down. 

"Meredith." Vivian blurted. 

I snapped my head up. Everyone was looking at her with shock clearly in their features. It was so quiet outside it was unreal. My pack members looked curious, they wanted to know about my mate, their Luna. Only certain people actually knew about her which were the other reincarnated. Others simply knew that I knew of my mate and that she just never comes around. 

"Vivian!" Emma hissed looking shocked, scared and worried. Even Nora looked shocked at Vivian's comment. 

Vivian shrugged, "Its not like she's here to hear this anyways. How'll she know he even knows her name?"

Emma bit her lip, "I guess... But-."

"I'm tired of it." Vivian interrupted. "I'm tired of watching the reincarnations suffer because his mate avoids him at all cost. I'm tired of it. If she wants to kill me so be it."  

"Meredith." I breathed. The name sounded so perfect on my tongue. It felt... perfect. 

"Really?" My father asked, "Meredith is Andrew's mate?"

I looked towards him, "You know her?" I asked baffled. 

My mother nodded, "We've met her a couple of times before you were born. I never thought that she was your mate though. She just... doesn't seem like a person who can..." My mother trailed of.

"Love." Nora finished for her. "Meredith is not one to fall in love. It is technically impossible for her to feel such an emotion." Nora said looking straigh at me.

I scoffed, "That's absurd. I'm sure once we meet that will change." I said confidently.

They all looked at me strangely. "What?" I asked cautiously.

"Do you know how we survive Andrew?" Emma questioned. 

"Excuse me?" 

"How we survive so many years, not mourning for the ones we love or the ones we meet? Our new friends or our mortal Sisters?" Emma said. 

I shook my head. 

She hesitated before saying, "There's a spell, that takes away all emotions, especially love. It blocks any feelings you may have and just makes it disappear. The only person who can get rid of the spell is the person who applied it."

I nodded confused, "Okay. How does this have anything to do with my mate though?"

Emma looked at me sadly, "You're smart Andrew. Think about why she never once visited or sent a letter or even dropped by."

I dropped my gaze, "Because of the spell." I whispered.

"Meredith wears the spell as if it were a second layer of skin." Nora said calmly. 

I didn't know what to say so I didn't reply. I couldn't reply. I was sure once she met me she could feel something. I was her mate after-all...

"So Emma, have you ever been to New York?" My mother changed the subject. 

Everyone seems glad for the change. I only conversation when necessary. The whole time I was only thinking about Meredith.

I finally knew her name. 

Hope you liked. Sorry for the long wait. Well, I think it was long anyways lol. Thanks to all my readers to far! 

Comment~ Vote~ Fan~ Et Cetera~ If you like~ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 600 28
She had a heart of gold. Believed everyone was good. People who do horrible things, were just mislead. It didn't make them a horrible person. Ally sa...
1K 9 7
Amara Roswell raised Harry after his parents were killed by Voldemort that fateful Halloween. She was living a good enough life when suddenly he show...
243K 6.2K 52
I WROTE THIS IN MY TEEN YEARS AND HAS GRAMMAR MISTAKES AND SOME PARTS DON'T MAKE SENSE. I DONT WANT TO DELETE IT BECAUSE ITS DOING SO GOOD. Alex...
28.9K 996 30
* CURRENTLY BEING EDITED * ALL EDITED CHAPTERS START WITH A NUMBER _________________________________ In our lifetimes we are given many options. Stup...