Torn

By dovato

Demi Lovato- empowering, inspiring, and brave. When she was eighteen? Opposite. After a nights full of partyi... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
READ PUHLEASE
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
IMPORTANT SOS
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
60
61
62
63
64
65... The End
Sequel News
SEQUEL

Chapter Seven

5K 129 5
By dovato

Annie's POV

I rolled over to an empty bed, but a stream of blinding light from Demi's bathroom.

I blinked rapidly for a little bit, trying to adjust to the light, then sat up.

"Morning princess." Demi said, while brushing her teeth.

Then all the memories from last night came flooding in. Now I'm stuck. As much as I would absolutely love to have Wilmer gone and hated by Demi, should I really ruin her happiness? It wouldn't be worth it.

I looked over at Demi who was probably almost done brushing her teeth which means I only have so little time to save Wilmer's ass.

I jumped out of the covers and stumbled over the ground trying to get to the door, barely making it.

"Where are you going?" I heard Demi ask.

Going down this staircase as fast as I am half asleep is probably not the best idea I've ever had.

Im rubbing my eyes trying to wake myself up as I run through this house to get to the living room before Demi does. Oh, great. Wilmer is still asleep on the couch.

"Wilmer!" I whisper shouted.

He didn't budge.

I have to think fast. I cannot panic. Panicking leads to a big mess and it makes me stutter and freak out.

I pulled the pillow out from beneath his head and watched as it hit the armrest, and he sprung up in shock. Success.

"Get out!" I said tossing the pillow back on the couch.

"I know you hate me-"

"Wilmer, I'm saving your ass. I didn't tell Demi. Get out." I said.

"But-"

"Don't you have a show? From Dustin to Shawn or something? I'll tell her that's where you're at now go!"

"Annie, I-"

"Unless you want to be Shorty 2.0 by the time you have to explain to Demi what happened last night, id leave."

He sighed and started walking towards the kitchen to get his shoes. Walking. Not fast walking. Not running. Gosh dammit, I'm helping him! The least he could do is cooperate.

I ran past him and grabbed his boots in one arm while pulling him to the door with the other.

"Annie-"

I pushed him out the door, threw his boots at him, and then locked it. A huge relief came off my shoulders as I vegan to walk to my room. Tomorrow we have to go to the batting cages with Wilmer and I think it's going to be more than awkward. It's going to be terrible. I can already see it now.

| next day |

"Why are we just sitting here?" I asked Demi.

We have been in the batting cage parking lot for the past ten minutes waiting on Wilmer. I don't understand why we can't just go wait inside where there's food. I'm starving. Wilmer better not have chickened out because of night before last or I'll be pissed. If I have to show up, so does he.

"Look, here he is." Demi said pointing out her window.

Sure enough, here comes Fez, speeding in the parking lot like he's in the fast and the furious. I honestly just want to get this over with.

"Come on, let's get out." Demi said.

I groaned and slowly reached for the door handle.

"It will be fun!" Demi said.

"Who are you trying to convince? Me or you?"

Demi sighed and narrowed her eyes at me. "It's great bonding time. Be. Nice."

"Yeah, yeah." I sighed, opening the door.

"And, by the way, I was trying to convince you."

Liar. She doesn't want to be here anymore than I do. Sure, she likes watching me play softball. But she sure as hell doesn't feel like listening to me make my 'rude ass remarks', as she calls it, to Wilmer while he's 'only trying to help.'

"Sorry I was late." Wilmer apologized, giving Demi a hug.

"It's fine. We just got here."

Oh, bulllll shit. Yeah, fifteen minutes ago. Damn.

"Uh, hey, Annie. Ready to hit?"

... You in the face? Yeah.

"Sure." I said closing the door.

If I would've just told Demi the truth about what the argument was about, we wouldn't be here. We would be at home, and I would be relaxing in the pool. Actually, scratch that. I would be taking care of my heartbroken mother who wouldn't get out of bed. That's exactly why I didn't tell her. If I would've told her what happened that night, she would be super pissed at Wilmer. To the point where she would break up with him.

Or, at least id hope. If I told Demi what he told me that night, and she didn't care, I would be crushed.

Anyway, so I had to narrow my options. Go to the batting cages with Wilmer for an hour or spend weeks with Demi who's heartbroken and convinced her world has came to an end. And here we are.

"Indoor or outdoor batting cages?" The women at the front desk asked.

"Outdoor." Wilmer said, giving her some money.

She told us the number of the cage we got and all that good stuff, before we proceeded outside.

"Annie, you first?" Wilmer asked.

"Sure." I said, grabbing a bat and walking in the cage.

Wilmer pressed the button and I heard the machine come to life, throwing a ball my way.

Smacked the bitch out of it.

The next one I hit pretty good I guess.

"Annie, try lowering your hands a little." Wilmer said.

Don't. Tell. Me. What. To. Do.

I followed his instructions and smashed the ball. Not literally, but I hit it pretty dang hard.

When all twelve balls were hit, I stepped out of the cages, wiping the beads of sweat off my forehead.

"You did so good, baby!" Demi said.

"Thanks." I smiled. Damn it's hot outside.

"I'm going to go get all of us waters." I said taking five dollars from Demi's purse.

"Alrighty." Demi said.

I don't want to be here anymore. It's at least 104 degrees out here and being with Wilmer doesn't make it any better. Much worse, actually.

I opened to the door as a huge gust of cold air from the air conditioning hit me. That was great.

I decided against going up to the mini restaurant in here to get a water and just went to the vending machine. Who wants to pay for over priced water? No one.

I cradled all three water bottles in my arms and continued my journey outside.

Demi and Wilmer are inside the batting cages now. Wilmer is behind Demi and helping her bat. Disgusting.

I walked a little closer then squatted behind this bush thing, where I can hide, but I can still see them.

I'm guessing her twelve balls are over with, considering she dropped her bat and is now talking to Wilmer. Moving closer, and closer, and closer-

"What are we looking at?" Someone asked from behind me.

I squealed as I jumped back and fell onto my butt, sending the three water bottles scattering across the ground.

I looked over and the person that startled me and saw that he was a blonde curly hair, reallllly good looking, teenager.

"Why did you do that?" I asked, recollecting my water bottles.

"I was curious from what you were looking at." He said.

I retook my position and continued watching Demi and Wilmer talk.

"So, whatcha looking at?" He asked.

"My mom and her boyfriend." I said.

"Don't like the new dude?"

"Nope."

Wilmer grabbed Demi's waist and pulled her against him, kissing her.

Kissing her. For about seven seconds.

Fuck that.

"Uh oh." The boy said, looking through the bush.

"I- I- i, uh, I'm gonna go inside." I said, standing up.

"Well, I'll go with you." The boy said.

Why would they kiss in public? Why would they kiss in general? That's disgusting and they shouldn't be dating. I literally have the power to to brake them up, but I'm a nice fucking person who loves their mom and won't do it.

The boy opened the door for me and I told him thanks before walking in and finding a booth to sit in.

I slid in one side and sat the water bottles down on the table. Maybe I should go give Demi and Wilmer theirs, but id rather not be the one to interrupt their make out session.

"So, what's your name?" The boy asked.

"Annie. What about you?"

"Conner." He smiled.

Conner. I like the name and he's cute. Bonus points.

"I saw you hitting. You're really good."

"Well, thanks." I love when people compliment me on my hitting. At the beginning of my fast pitch- softball league, I was a terrible hitter. I worked so hard to get where I am now. "Do you play baseball?"

"Oh, yeah." He smiled. "So, what's up with your mom and her new boyfriend?"

I sighed and propped my head up on my hand, rethinking their kiss and building up new ways to hate him. "I just don't like him. At all."

"And whys that?"

"He's evil. Legitimately, I hate him. So much." Thinking about it just makes my blood boil. "Can we change the subject?"

"Sure." He's smiled. "What school do you go to?"

"Well, sense I'm going to be a freshman, I'll be going to Ulysses S Grant High School."

The boys jaw dropped open, "No way! Me too. But I'll be a sophomore."

"Awesome. Maybe you can show me around."

"Of course." He smirked.

I feel a whole bunch of butterflies swarming my stomach. I'm not supposed to have butterflies over someone I just met. Uhg. He's just so cute and nice.

"So, Idle Creek?" He assumed. Idle Creek is a subdivision right next to ours.

"No, Riverside."

"Dang." He laughed. "I thought Id get lucky and we'd live in the same subdivision."

Man, would that be luck.

"Riverside? That's where the top notch people live." He added.

I rolled my eyes, "Not really."

"Is your mom Miley Cyrus or something?" He joked.

"No, Demi Lovato."

He laughed a little, but when he saw I was being completely serious he stopped. "Wait, Demi Lovato is for real your mom?"

"Yup." I said looking down at my hands.

"That was her out there?! Who's her boyfriend?"

I smiled a little then looked up at him. "You can't tell anyone. It isn't out for the public yet."

"Okay."

I probably shouldn't be trusting a secret with a stranger, but I really don't care if this gets out. It's not like they're being careful. They're making out in public for goodness sake.

"Wilmer Valderrama."

"Fez?! Demi Lovato is dating Fez?! That's awesome!"

"No." I said, sternly. "No, it isn't."

"Fez is evil in real life?" Conner pouted.

"Fez is evil in my eyes. Not it anyone else's." I confessed.

Even though we were talking about Wilmer, it was kind of cute how amused Conner was. It was nice having a real conversation with someone that didn't know who my mom is.

"Let me see your phone." Conner said.

"Why?"

"Please."

"Why?"

"Annie."

I slid my phone over to him and watched him slide his fingers across the screen and type something, before sliding it back to me.

It was his phone number. Oh my gosh. And his name in there was, "Conner Brown 😍💑"

Okay, 1.) the emojis. The second one. Oh. My. Gosh.

"Why those emojis?" I questioned.

"Because." He simply said.

"Let me see your phone."

He took it out of his pocket and slid it to me. His wallpaper is him and his friends in a pool making a gang sign.. He has a six pack. A very, very attractive one. Oh good lord.

I put my contact in as "Annie Lahvahtoe 🎀👫"

If he can flirt, so can I. I have him his phone back and watched as he laughed while reading the contact.

"Lah-vah-toe?" He laughed.

"Yes!" I laughed along.

"Annie!" I heard Demi say. "There you are."

Oh, great. I looked over and saw Demi and Wilmer walking over to us, with beat red faces. Oops.

"Why didn't you come back with the water?" She asked as she came up to our table.

I slid the two water bottles over the edge if the table so she could grab it, then gave a long glance at Conner. He looked almost stars truck.

"Oh." Demi said, taken by surprise. "Who's this?"

"I'm Conner. It's nice to meet you." He smiled.

Oh good lord he's a fine piece of man.

"Hi, I'm Demi." She smiled back. "And this is Wilmer."

"Nice to meet you, sir." Conner is being a complete gentlemen and we just met. I might have a tiny crush.

"Hello Conner." Wilmer said.

"Well, are you ready to go?" Demi asked me.

"Sure." I sighed. "Bye, Conner."

"Bye, Annie."

"It was nice meeting you Conner. I'm sure I'll see you around sometime soon." Demi said.

"I hope so." Conner said, smiling at me.

Demi's POV

I rolled over in bed and looked at Wilmer, who was watching TV. It's almost eleven o'clock at night and he's been watching this TV show marathon sense seven.

I can't stop thinking about Annie and that boy. She seemed to have a crush on him and I don't know if I'm ready for her to be associating with boys she like likes. Don't get me wrong, she's hung out with Collins, Drew, Devin, and Cole plenty of times, but she doesn't like like them. She isn't attracted to them. They're all just friends. But with this new kid Conner.. I could tell she likes him. Already.

"Wilmer." I said.

"Yes?"

"Do you like Conner?"

He hit pause on the TV show and looked at me. "I barely even talked him. You barely even talked to him. Annie maybe doesn't even have a crush on him."

And that's where he's wrong,

"Oh, I know when Annie has a crush. She likes him."

"Demi." Wilmer said. "It's just a boy. It's okay."

I sighed, and ran through today's events in my head. There was something else I wanted to talk about to Wilmer, but I was unsure if he really wanted to.

"I don't get it." I said. "You and Annie got along great day before yesterday and then today.. It was complete opposite. She said you guys argued over her attitude or something, but is that true?"

Wilmer slightly nodded and un paused the TV.

"I should've never brought up that night."

I sat up and looked at him. "The night that me, you, Selena, Marissa, and Nick were at my house?"

"No." He shook his head. "The other night."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.3K 939 30
Can Demi and Wilmer hold onto their relationship as strong as an anchor? (cover by: holynemi)
17.7K 673 23
After months of trying to have a child together Demi and Wilmer are faced with a disision that would change there lives, and this time theres no turn...
51.2K 1.7K 37
Bullying makes her leave her hometown and start a new life. She takes this opportunity to try to fit in but is she going to make the right friends? A...
21.9K 859 31
After an accidental pregnancy at the age of 18, Demi Lovato begged her long time boyfriend Wilmer Valderrama to settle down to save both of their fam...