UnOrdinary

By Awhaffle

High school is pretty rough, but for Kami, things are going to change. Kami roams her new school, watching ev... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 + Bonus
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Announcement

Chapter 27

429 12 2
By Awhaffle

"So it wasn't a dream..."

"What?"

I sighed heavily. "What am I going to do? I moved all the way out here to start fresh, and now I'm back where I started..."

"Kami..."

I couldn't hold it back, I started crying. "I was good, I didn't gloat about my power, I didn't beat down everyone in my sight. I even pretended to be a cripple for a year and a half. Now I'm going to have to move again."

"Kami, stop," she put her hand on my shoulder. "You were good. You are so kind, giving, and selfless. But..." she sighed. "What happened when you went out? It was you, wasn't it?"

I threw myself on the bed, slammed a pillow on my head, and cried even harder. The tears wouldn't stop.

I can't do this again. I put trust in my parents that I wouldn't do that again, and I went ahead and got myself in even worse trouble. The authorities may not know who I am, but I do, and my friends. I need to end this now.

I stood up, wiped the tears from my face, and walked out. "I'm going for a walk, alone."

I then stormed out the room, and ran out the dorm.

I looked around, walked over to a tree, climbed it and just sat there, crying again.

"I'm not moving to a new place, but I'm not staying here." I looked around. "I'm not needed in this world, I need to just kill myself..."

I looked around more, making sure no one heard me, and suddenly I saw Isen running out of his dorm, heading in my direction.

I forgot, his ability is Hunter... he must have sensed something.

He got closer, and was basically underneath me, and looked up. "Kami, get down."

"Why?"

"I know what you're planning, now get down or I'll come up there and make you!"

"MmMmm." I shook my head.

I then looked down and seen him climbing up. That's when I took the opportunity to jump and make a run for it, until I got tackled from the side. I looked and seen Blyke in the distance, and John was on top of me.

"Get off." I demanded.

"Why?"

"Isen told us what he suspected." Blyke walked up to me.

"And?"

"We're not letting you do this."

"Why? I've ruined things twice, and I need to stop."

"But this is not the way."

"You don't know my life though."

"But I've lived through similar." John spoke up.

"Doesn't matter, you're not me, you don't know."

John than got off of me, and I sat up only to be hugged by him.

"John," I pushed him off. "Nothing will change my mind."

I stood up and started walking, but was stopped by my shirt being tugged.

"You're not going anywhere." Blyke pulled me backwards.

I then pushed him off and ran.

"Kami!"

I didn't listen and ran.

I'm not using my ability again. I'm just going to run until they stop.

Suddenly John appeared right in front of me. His eyes were glowing. He copied my teleporting and used Isen to find me? I shook my head and tried to stop thinking about it.

"Leave me!" I yelled and continued running.

I was then grabbed by the arm and yanked backwards. I basically fell on the ground and stared up at John.

"No." He glared at me.

"Why? I deserve what I'm about to do."

"No you don't."

"Why don't I?"

"Do you not remember what I've told you? Plus you have all of your friends. We're all here for you."

I was still lying on the ground, so I just relaxed myself and just closed my eyes...

"What are you doing?"

I didn't say anything, nor did I move.

"Kami..?"

"Mm." I groaned. I didn't want to speak, I just tried to believe I was dead, because I'm too powerful even for my own good. Hell, even my friends knew it and wanted to protect me from myself.

"Kami, get up." He sighed.

I just rolled over. "Leave me."

"I told you no." He then got down and laid down next to me and wrapped his arm around me.

"John," I sighed. "When you did what you did a couple years ago, what stops you from acting out again?"

"The flashbacks." He didn't even hesitate responding.

"Whenever I thought about fighting back using my ability, she came into my mind and the flashbacks bothered me so much that I stopped myself."

"She?"

"Just an old classmate, she got me into believing she was on my side, but then she lead the others into going against me."

"Oh."

"You most likely won't know her, but she had kind of medium-long length greenish hair, but she always had it in two braids. Her name's Claire."

Claire... Claire.... that name rings a bell....

"You don't know her.. do you?"

"Honestly," I sat up. "It sounds familiar but I don't know from where."

He sat up and then looked at me in the eyes.

I noticed that he had then started blushing hard. His face was bright red.

"John?"

"What?" He sounded startled.

"You're blushing." I laughed.

He then started patting his face anxiously. "I am!?"

I laughed harder and stared at him. Ugh why do I have to have a crush on him. I plan to save everyone from myself and yet he comes along again and saves me from myself.

I stared at him for a good minute before he started to speak.

"So.." he glanced away for a moment. "What now?" He looked back and stared, hoping I would say something soon.

I hesitated on purpose, keeping the suspense for him.

He then seemed to be panicking. I laughed.

"What's so funny."

"I'm keeping silent to see your reaction."

"You little-." He then softly hit me on the shoulder.

"What? Is that a problem?"

"Yes!"

"Why is it a problem?"

"I worry I said something wrong."

"Like you would say something wrong to me."

"Didn't you storm out of your dorm, yell at Remi and Amber, knock Amber back using telekinesis, and never told anyone where you went?"

"That's my fault though, I overreacted." I stopped. "Also, Toru saw me and tried to stop me and I attacked him too.." I looked off.

"Why? Were all your friends and we just want to help you."

"I know, and I cared, I just wasn't thinking properly."

"How much do you care?"

"About me? About your other friends."

"My other friends? Hmm, I care a lot about them."

"Me?"

"Hmmm." I left him hanging on purpose.

"Hey!"

I stared at him.

"Well?"

I then acted on impulse and kissed him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 862 126
Cover Edit By Me This is Book 1 The twins; Zane & Zari, have enroll in Wellston High. They, along with their team, have a mission. To take down EMBER...
65.4K 2.5K 52
John has once again found himself King. How long will it be before the events of New Bostin repeat? He has already lost Sera, and the students are tu...
2.8K 160 54
Arlo, Cecile, John and Seraphina have graduated, leaving Blyke to the hierarchy. Blyke is King with his pal Isen being the Jack. John and Sera still...
190K 5.1K 63
What if John hadn't learned from the Readjustment Facility? What if, instead, he felt a need for revenge on all who wronged him. What if, he came ba...