Tangled the Series: Wavering...

By Midnight-Drawing77

The Journey Begins. Evil follows you, Varian, Rapunzel, Eugene, and Cassandra without you all knowing. You've... More

Midnight-Drawing77's Commentary
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
One-Shot Book
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Rapunzel, Eugene, and Varian's Wardrobe Change
✨Fanart For Chapter 1✨
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 12.5
Behind The Scenes With (____) and Varian
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
~**~Intermission~**~
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 00
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Sneak Peak (OPTIONS)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Behind The Scenes With Varian and (____)
Chapter 24
Check It Out If You Want
Chapter 24.5
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
For My Sweet Little Prodigy
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Intermission
Chapter 31
Chapter 31.5
Behind the Scenes with (____) and Cast
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 34.1
Chapter 34.2
*~~*Intermission*~~* (Thank You)
☆Fanart for Chapter 14☆
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
☆Fanart: Sleeping Varian☆
For Spinel or Steven Universe Lovers
Chapter 37

Chapter 16

2.7K 100 134
By Midnight-Drawing77

(VERY IMPORTANT: All the chapters I post are already planned out before season 2 even came out.
The only thing I added since you one of asked is Vex. She will only appear once.)

(Anyway, enjoy! And check out OkRichard’s youtube channel, he has such an amazing voice.)

[WARNING: Varian singing ahead]

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 16 -
Proud Of Your Boy
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Lelu and the Queen were talking with each other along with Ronin. You and Varian waited after they were done and the Leafmen waved to you two before leaving.

“I am so glad they are still around and keeping Moonhaven safe.” Lelu smiles and holds up a vial of Pixie Dust, “Varian, the Queen is giving this to you as a gift.”

Varian takes it and smiles, “I hope we can see them again. I really like that Alchemy Chamber.”

You giggle, “Yeah. You were in such heaven.”

“I've been told you two will be separating from your friends for awhile. Following another path.” Lelu smiles a bit, “Just be careful along those roads you'll be taking.”

You didn't know if she was being saying that literally or metaphorically. Maybe both?

“We can handle anything.” Varian says and takes you hand.

“Yes we can. I'm also glad we could help you and your settlement.” You hug her with one arm.

“Oh we will all remember you and your friends.” Lelu hums happily, “Now you should head out now. It'll be awhile to head where you're going.”

You and Varian nod then wave, until Lelu stops Varian. “Varian. I need to tell you something in private.”

You two glance at each other and you smile, squeezing his hand. “I'll get some supplies from Max.”

Once you leave, Lelu sighs softly with a tiny smile. “Your mother is the one who left you those clothes when she passed through here a few years ago. I'm surprised they fit you perfectly."

Varian now has his full attention, “You knew my mom?”

Lelu nods, “Yes. Before that, she was here with you. You were quite the adorable little baby and you wouldn't stop smiling when you were with her.”

Varian eyes cast downward and smiles faintly. He looks at Lelu when she places her hands on his shoulders.

“She loves you and she will always be a part of you.”

Varian sighs and looks away, “I know, but what I've done not too long ago makes me doubt that.”

“Whatever happened, no matter if it really was bad, a mother never stops loving her child. She seen something greater in you and she knows you've made many mistakes, but you know what? Your mom would want you to learn from them and make good from it.”

Varian looks at Lelu and smiles softly.

“I'll keep that in mind. Thank you, Lelu.” He steps out and walks across the wooden bridge, then stops half away.

-

“Hey, Sunshine.”

You hum in acknowledgment while placing some food into your satchel.

Andrew smiles nervously, “Can…..May I talk to you privately?”

You see that Andrew has lost his cocky demeanor and he seems unease. “Sure.” You lead him to a hut. “What's wrong?”

-

A breeze blew through the trees and brushed against Varian hair as he leans on the rails.

Rudiger spots him and quickly runs up a tree to crawl onto the rail. Varian looks at him, “I'm going to become somebody. I don't know how exactly, but I am.”

Rudiger tilts his head.

Varian groans softly and drops his head a bit. “I have to…...somehow.” He breathes in deeply and breaths out.

"Proud of your boy..." Varian sings softly, "I'll make you proud of your boy. Believe me, bad as I've been, Ma, you're in for a pleasant surprise." He looks up at the sky before frowning.

"I've wasted time! I've wasted me!" He sings a little more strong. "So say I'm slow for my age, a late bloomer. Okay, I agree!"

He huffs while shaking his head from the memory of incident of Corona, "That I've been one rotten kid." His hands clench the rail, "Some son, some pride and some joy, but I'll get over these lousin' up, messin' up, screwin' up times!"

Varian holds out his arm for Rudiger, "You'll see, Ma, now comes the better part." Rudiger purrs and rubs around Varian's neck. "Someone's gonna make good, cross his stupid heart." Varian holds a hand to his heart and walks off. "Make good and finally make you. Proud of your boy!"

You walk out of the hut, seeing Varian up above you and you wave before hugging Rapunzel. Varian waves back and climbs down, "Tell me that I've been a louse and loafer. You won't get a fight here, no ma'am."

Varian smiles when you hand him his satchel which he slips on. "Say I'm a goldbrick, a goof-off, no good, but that couldn't be all that I am."
Rapunzel and Eugene wave at him and he does the same. "Water flows under the bridge. Let it pass, let it go."

You take his hand and M.O happily leads the way, while you guys are traveling down the road. "There's no good reason that you should believe me, not yet, I know, but-"

You both come up to a rocky moss wall and Varian pulls out a rope, throwing it up. "-Someday and soon."

M.O. grabs the end and hooks it somewhere above. "I'll make you proud of your boy."

You two climb up and Rudiger had no problem. "Though I can't make myself taller or smarter or handsome or wise!" Varian holds out his hand and you take it, while he pulls you up.

"I'll do my best, what else can I do?" He looks out at the now mountain terrain. "Since I wasn't born perfect like Dad or you."

You place a hand on his arm and he glances at you which you smile warmly. He puts a hand over yours and closes his eyes. "Mom, I will try to....." He takes a breath, ".....Try hard to make you....."

His blue eyes cast away from the terrain and turns away slightly, "Proud of your boy."

-

You laying on your back, looking up at the night sky and roll a dandelion between your fingers. Rudiger was playing with your hair and sticking tiny flowers in it.

“I'm a spy.” Andrew's voice echoes in your head. “Before you say anything, I don't want to do it anymore because I love Cassandra and…. You gave me a chance to better my life, Sunshine.”

The Separatists of Saporia. It's no wonder why Andrew didn't want to go back. He failed his mission on stealing the journal in Corona and now he's a spy since he was the one to find you.

You mentally sigh. Andrew didn't want to, but if he failed this then the separatists would have his head. So…...he has to act like he's still working with them.

Once the time comes…..he has to act the part.

Varian is sorting through his chemical supplies in a his satchel and silently sighs. Not much to help out until he gets to a place with alchemy supplies.
His eyes trail over to you then to M.O. who was staring at him. Which wasn't creepy at all. Note the sarcasm.

“What?”

M.O. jumps and turns away, “Nothing!”

Varian raises a brow and shakes his head. He wanted to ask M.O. about the past experience he had seen with his mom, but…. It was hard to ask.

He goes over by you and lays down. “Where do you think M.O. is taking us?”

You shrug, “Who knows with that bird.”

Varian chuckles and yawns. “All this walking is making more tired. I miss staying up and working on my Alchemy.”

You turn to wrap your arm around him, “Yeah….. I miss staying with you and your dad and just….being a family.”

“Me too, (_____)........but we'll fix it.” He holds you close, “We'll free my dad and have our happily ever after.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 34 15
The is a sequel of 'Away from Old Corona'. Plot; Rapunzel got the Moonstone. She has taken her home castle and the Kingdom of Corona. It's up to Euge...
1.7K 50 15
Another story based off of Disney's What If...? Cassandra rescues Rapunzel It's just going to focused on two Disney characters. Plot; On one morning...
3.3K 35 1
Rapunzel along with Judy return to the kingdom of Corona, only to find it is taken by a old enemy. Now Rapunzel have to use her inner strength to sa...
1.7K 63 22
Varian is a dork and he tries his best but it ends up in flames, literally. Yet this cute dork managed to snag your heart and vice versa. At Varian's...